Soul Harvest

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please join me in relaxing, Taylor. I think you'll enjoy it too," he said with a smirk as he looked up at her confused expression.

She nodded and laid back in the grass next to him. She looked up through the sun speckled orange canopy of the oak tree and sighed. It was extremely beautiful in the morning sun.

"How do you feel this morning, Taylor?" Duncan whispered.

"Tired and a little rattled, but okay."

"That's good I guess," he noted.

"So... um, are we just going to lay here all day?" she asked.

"Maybe, maybe not. Do you not like this?"

"It's not that... I just... didn't think a demon would enjoy something like this," she said with a shrug.

"Then you don't know shit about demons. We are more like humans than you realize. Getting to possess someone like Duncan for Samhain is the ultimate vacation. I get to pretend to be a human with you," he said with a soft smile.

Taylor blinked in surprise at that answer.

"Why would you want to pretend to be a human?" she asked in disbelief.

"Your depression prevents you from understanding it, Taylor. You know so little about yourself it's sad, but I hope to enlighten you some," he said as he sat up and leaned on his elbow so he could stare at her.

She looked into his handsome face to see him smiling. Her body suddenly reacted in a way she wasn't expecting. She felt aroused by him. She used to have problems with getting overly aroused in her hypo-manic phases, but the arousal had died completely over the past year. It was pleasant to feel it again. His smile grew more pleased when he sensed what she was feeling.

"Those feelings are another reason why I enjoy pretending to be human. This flesh feels so much with little filter," he whispered as he leaned in and pressed his lips to Taylor's again.

His warm mouth and delicious breath intensified the arousal spreading throughout her body. He was surprisingly tame with his kisses. His behavior was truly a mystery to Taylor. She didn't understand why a demon would enjoy such things. He suddenly chuckled to himself and stopped kissing her.

"Why do you assume all my actions should be barbaric?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh... you're a demon. What else should I expect? Are you not a sin loving monster?" she asked.

"In some respects that's true. Younger demons are more barbaric, but I'm old. I know how to have fun and build anticipation. But, if a barbaric incubus is what you want, I could rape you and see how you like it," he said with a smirk.

Before she could react, he climbed over her in a blink and caught her mouth in a passionate kiss. He pressed his hard body into hers and pinned her arms against the wet grass. It sent terror and excitement into her gut. Duncan chuckled when he sensed what his actions were doing to her body.

"Hmm, that's an interesting feeling. It's making me hard," he whispered against her ear as he released her arms and ran his fingers into her hair. "What would the neighbors think of me fucking you on the front lawn, Taylor?" he whispered as he pressed the hard bulge in his pants against her thigh. Then he slid his tongue into her mouth and kissed her aggressively.

Thrills shot through Taylor's insides as he roughed her up with his caresses. She knew a part of her would enjoy something so violent. She was slightly disgusted at herself for it. She quickly turned her head to the side pulling her mouth away from his.

"Please don't," she begged as he began sucking on her ear lobe. It made her shudder all over.

"Hmm, I know you're enjoying this. Do you really want me to stop?" he whispered as he pressed his body harder into hers sending all sorts of fun tingles racing through her insides.

"Yes. I don't want to do it here," she pleaded.

Duncan sighed and raised up so he could look into her startled face.

"Fine, I'll stop. I'm just messing with you anyway. But, if I'm provoked again, you'll suffer the consequences," he sighed as he climbed off of her and rolled back into the grass.

"Thank you," she stammered as she put her hand over her racing heart.

"I like what you're feeling," he whispered with a smile as he closed his eyes and put his hands behind his head.

"Are you... really real?" she whispered with a gulp. She was still entertaining the idea of her complete insanity.

"Does it matter? By the way, insanity can be blissful. I once possessed a woman that had no grasp on reality. Her mind was a playground of fantasy. She would ride unicorns, dance with faeries, and eat chocolate and ice cream all day long. She died a few years ago, so I had to find another source of entertainment."

"Wow... I never thought insanity could be blissful," she whispered.

"It can. So if you have gone insane, you should definitely try to enjoy me," he said as he sat up and ran his fingers through his silky hair to get it out of his face. "Taylor, I would like for you to go on a date with me today. This is your last Halloween, so I want to show you how to truly enjoy Samhain."

"Wait a minute, this is my last day alive. Why do we have to do what you want to do?" she asked as she sat up and looked at him in disappointment.

"Because I'm a demon, remember? I'm also doing you a tremendous favor by letting you hang out with me before I kill you and Duncan. I know how to have a good time. You two losers don't. Let's see, you looked like a slob. Pink kitten pajamas are not very flattering on you," he sighed as he snapped his fingers.

Taylor felt a rush of heat around her for an instant. She looked down to see a rather provocative red dress had replaced her favorite pink pajamas.

"Oh my god!" she gasped as she climbed to her feet to get a better look at herself.

The dress was unlike anything she had ever seen before. It was a dark rich red with black lace accents. It was skimpy and pushed her cleavage up in a very distracting way, but it was incredibly comfortable and didn't restrict her movements. She was also wearing comfortable black leather boots that laced all the way up to her knees. There was a simple red cloak and hood to go over all of it.

"That looks very sexy on you," Duncan said in approval.

"What is this? A Halloween costume?" she asked.

"Yes and no. It's actually your wedding dress," he said with a smirk.

"What?" she gasped in shock.

"You're my virgin bride for Samhain," he whispered with a sinister grin as he stepped closer to her making her heart sputter a little. "You will dance with me at the soul harvest. The festival will take place in a secluded location in the mountains north of here. That location is so haunted it makes reality blur through the veil on Halloween," he whispered as he ran his fingers into her hair and pulled her face closer to his. "Duncan's body can barely contain the emotion that place provokes in me," he hissed close to her lips.

Her heart was pounding in slight terror at that point. He looked like he wanted to eat her.

"You do look very tasty," he chuckled before he kissed her surprised mouth.

His skin was so hot it was almost uncomfortable against her lips, but it was also exciting her body in every way.

"Mmm, I need to cool off or I'll end up fucking you too early," he whispered with hot breath against her mouth.

He gently pushed her away and took a deep breath. Taylor's head cleared too as she blinked at him in confusion. She loved and hated how he made her body feel when he was close.

"We should get on with our day," he sighed calmly. "I need my Halloween costume," he said with a smile as he stepped away from Taylor.

She watched him curiously as he snapped his fingers sending a thin cloud of black smoke swirling around him. Taylor gasped and backed away at the startling sight. The smoke zipped away just as fast as it had appeared leaving Duncan's clothes completely transformed. Taylor stared at him with her mouth open for a moment. He looked stunning in his black and red Victorian suit.

His tailcoat was dark red velvet accented with black satin trim. His frilly black shirt and slacks were so dark they seemed to absorb light. His black shoes were polished to a brilliant shine. Taylor suddenly understood where the expression devilishly handsome came from.

"Come along, Taylor. You're chariot awaits," he said as he offered her his elbow.

She took his arm and walked with him to his car in the driveway. They sped into town towards the university campus as the sunlight faded in the sky. Taylor looked up in terror for an instant. It had been morning a few minutes earlier.

"Don't be alarmed, Taylor," Duncan said with a smile as he glanced at her. "This is the one day of the year I'm strong enough to bend time. I'm not stealing any precious minutes from you. I'll give them back later. I just wanted to take you to the biggest Halloween party on campus since you've never been. I wanted to show you that you're not really missing anything," he explained as he pulled into the driveway of the wealthiest fraternity at the school.

The beautiful Greek revival style house was decked out in Halloween decorations. Festive college students in a wide range of costumes were all over the place drinking and dancing to loud rock music. It was definitely not as classy as she had expected it to be. She was suddenly wondering why she ever wanted to be invited.

Duncan was smiling at her as he led her into the house. The atmosphere inside was just as unpleasant as it was outside. Duncan excused himself to retrieve some drinks leaving Taylor alone to absorb that shameful excuse for a Halloween party.

"Hey! Taylor! Looking hot over there," called a familiar male voice from across the room.

Taylor groaned internally as she looked up and met the eyes of Sean Bakersfield. He was wearing a bed sheet like a Greek tunic and had a halo of beer cans taped around his head. Sean grieved Taylor every time he saw her. They had two classes together that semester and she hated both of them because of Sean's taunting.

"Damn, girl, that outfit is hot," he said with a huge grin as he paced around her. "I didn't know Jim invited you. I told him to this year. He must have finally realized how hot you are," he said in approval.

"Thanks, Sean. I uh, need to find my date," she said with a gulp as she tried to get around him. He had backed her against a sofa in the middle of the bustling room. He had no respect for her personal space.

"Don't run off just yet. I've been dying to talk to you outside of class for once. You disappear so fast once class is over I feel like you're avoiding me or something."

"Oh, not at all. I just have more classes," she said nervously.

"Ah, no worries," he said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "By the way, Jim has a private hot tub on the second floor exclusively for close friends. Would you like to be my tub date for the evening?" he asked with a huge grin. His breath smelled like pure vodka.

"Uh, no thanks. I have a date already," she grumbled as she squirmed out from under his arm.

"Taylor, don't be a bitch. I've been trying to get into your pants all semester. Most girls would jump at this opportunity. You obviously dressed up extra hot to get some attention from me tonight. Now you're shrugging me off like a complete bitch. What is your problem?" he demanded.

Taylor stared at him in complete disbelief. She didn't understand the mental gymnastics he had went through in the last few seconds to arrive at that conclusion. He was a hundred times more intolerable when he was drunk.

"Excuse me, sir," Duncan announced over Sean's shoulder catching his attention. "Are you harassing my date?" he demanded.

"Your date?" Sean snorted as he turned to look at the well dressed man standing behind him. "What the fuck are you supposed to be? Some kind of frilly pussified DnD playing vampire or something?" he chuckled as he looked him over.

"Something like that. I'm actually a necromancer. Have you ever heard of one?" Duncan asked with an amused smile as he stepped around Sean and handed Taylor her drink.

"Uh, gross. You have sex with dead people?" Sean asked with revulsion on his face.

Taylor almost spit her first sip of beer all over him after that reply.

"No, you complete meathead. I'm a necromancer, not a necrophiliac," Duncan laughed.

"Oh, what the fuck is a necromancer then?" he asked in confusion.

"Hmm, let me show you," he whispered as he suddenly reached up and clamped his hand around Sean's throat and crushed his wind pipe.

Sean made a horrible gurgling noise before blood began dripping from his nose and mouth.

Taylor shrieked and dropped her drink before she staggered backwards and fell onto the sofa. She clapped her hand over her mouth and watched in horror as Sean helplessly struggled for a few moments. More screams erupted in the room as people watched the life leave Sean's eyes and his body fall limp in Duncan's grip.

Duncan was smiling as he released him. Sean crumpled to the floor with a sickening thump. Then the room turned to chaos around them.

"EVERYONE PLEASE BE QUIET!" Duncan growled in a vicious booming voice over the noise. The room fell silent and still at his command. It had scared everyone witless.

Taylor clamped her hands over her ears in complete terror. Duncan sounded like a demon at that point.

"I'm terribly sorry for the rude interruption," he continued in a cordial tone as he pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped Sean's blood off his hand. "I would like to demonstrate something for my recently deceased friend here. I want to show him what a necromancer does," he said with a charming smile before he held his hand over Sean's lifeless corpse.

"Vadokan maushat nagraufrom agh ha slaiug maushat! Izg urdan lat!" Duncan hissed in an evil tone as the lights in the house flickered ominously.

Taylor watched in absolute horror as black smoked rush out of Duncan's hand and into Sean's nose. Sean's corpse let out a disgusting gurgle before it animated and climbed shakily to its feet.

"That's the power of a necromancer my friend," Duncan whispered in amusement. "Please, terrorize these poor fools for the rest of the night," he chuckled as he waved the zombie towards the party crowd.

Sean gurgled and nodded before he darted after a fellow frat boy dressed as a pink unicorn. The man shrieked in absolute terror along with everyone else. The entire room erupted into chaos again as people scrambled to get away from the zombie.

Duncan sighed in satisfaction before he turned and pulled Taylor off the sofa by her arm and escorted her out of the house. They had no trouble leaving since people were also cowering away from Duncan. They walked to the car and spun out of the driveway leaving the madness of the party behind them.

Taylor was sitting in the passenger seat with her hand over her mouth as Duncan drove out of town and headed north. Light returned to the sky a few seconds later. It looked to be midday again.

"Uh, did... that actually happen?" she stammered as she ventured to look at Duncan.

"It did," he said with a huge grin.

"Oh my god, poor Sean," she whimpered as she clapped her hand back over her mouth again.

"It's all right, Taylor. That piece of shit would have killed a family of four in a drunken car accident later tonight. That won't happen now thanks to me. He won't kill anyone at the party either. He'll just bite off a few fingers and ears. The spell will fade in an hour," he assured her.

"Holy fucking shit," she whimpered feeling nauseous. "What language were you speaking?" she asked.

"The Black Speech of Mordor!" he chuckled. "I love Tolkien's languages," he said with a charming smile.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," she groaned shaking her head.

They were soon driving along the winding roads that led into the mountains. Taylor let the beauty of the yellow, red, and orange speckled forests calm her thoughts as they traveled in silence. They eventually turned down a steep gravel driveway that led to an abandoned log cabin. Duncan parked the car and hopped out to look around.

"This is where we park. The rest of the journey is on foot," he said as he opened the car door for Taylor.

"Where are we?" she asked as she admired the beautiful forest.

"We're not as far out as it seems. I murdered the man that lived in this cabin over fifty years ago. He was a pedophile, so don't feel bad for him. Come along. I feel up for a bit of hiking," he said with a charming smile.

Taylor couldn't help smiling and breathing in the delicious air of the forest as they hiked away from the car. She loved places like that, but she rarely got to visit them.

"I love seeing you smile," Duncan said as he glanced at her.

Taylor looked at him in surprise after that comment.

"Really?" she asked doubtfully.

"Please accept what I said as true and don't over analyze it," he said as he rolled his eyes.

They hiked rather strenuously for thirty minutes. Then they arrived in a small clearing surrounded by tall pines and oaks. Taylor could hear a waterfall close by and was excited to explore the area, but Duncan insisted they rest. She didn't realize how tired she was until they sat on the cool ground to relax.

"I suddenly feel exhausted," she groaned as she rubbed her eyes.

"I've had you wired for the past few hours. You should take a short nap. That will help you have more fun tonight," he said with a wink.

Taylor wasn't sure what he meant by his last comment, but she was too tired to care. She wrapped herself in her cloak and leaned against a tree. She fell asleep almost instantly. She woke close to dusk to find herself alone. She sat up and rubbed her eyes and looked around in confusion.

"Duncan? Are you here?" she called.

"I'm over here," he called from a fair distance away.

Taylor stood and walked in that direction. The orange glow from sunset made the woods feel warm and sleepy as she wandered towards the sound of the waterfall. She eventually spotted Duncan standing at the edge of the trees. The forest seemed to disappear at that point. She walked over to him and saw they were on the edge of a cliff. It overlooked an inviting green pool of water fifty feet below them. The pool was fed by a beautiful waterfall cascading down the cliff face to their left.

"Wow, this is rather enchanting. What is this place?" she asked.

"It's an abandoned gem mine. There's a massive hollowed out cave right below us. I've been here before. A long time ago," he said with a soft smile.

That smile made Taylor uneasy.

"What are you remembering?" she asked with a gulp.

His smile grew wider as he slowly looked at her. His piercing gaze sent a chill up her spine.

"It's one of my best memories," he began as he turned his gaze back to the water. "Over a hundred years ago, a certain group of workers from this mine drowned a teenage boy down there. They had caught the boy stealing gems. His mother was sick and he needed money for food, but they didn't care about his story. They were bullies, and they wanted to make an example out of him. They tied a large boulder to his ankle and threw him into the depths of the pond. I was causing mischief in the local town when I caught wind of what happened. It made me angry. So, on Halloween night, I possessed a beautiful teenage girl. I guided her here late that evening as the workers were preparing to leave for the day. They never made it home. I used the girl to lure the men into the water one by one so I could drown them. Their bones are still at the bottom of the pond. They rest at the feet of the boy they murdered," he said with a pleased smile.

Taylor was staring at him in slight horror as her pulse thumped loudly in her ears. She wasn't sure how to respond to his story, but she was beginning to question what kind of demon he was. He murdered people out of vengeance, not just for enjoyment, and he seemed overly fond of water.