All Comments on 'Southern Cross - Pt. 01'

by DCCoffeeman

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Smiffy69Smiffy69about 2 years ago

I love a happy ending story. Interested to see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Stars. Looking forward to part 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

An excellent start. Looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you.

SlithyToveSlithyToveabout 2 years ago

I very much liked this story, and the writing itself was careful and excellent. One small thing did bother me, though -- with Sara being so fearful of being judged and circumspect about telling the story of her beating, it seems very odd that she would have no problem wearing skimpy swimwear and easily showing her scars. This is since they obviously raise questions, but also it seems like it would be difficult for her to have a really good body image and that level of confidence if she has such a lack of confidence in what people will think about her once they hear her story. As I say, this is a minor caveat, but I note it because it seems to run counter to the general thrust of Sara's character.

But bravo, and I look forward to the continuation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story that would be better if it ended instead of hanging in limbo....it is romance after all so finish the story!!! 3stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I live in Kelowna, thanks for the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

First of all, I think you meant to use the name Charlotte, not Claudette. I, too, was thinking it was strange how comfortable Sara was flirting with the guests while working. How did Jack know to tell the 911 operator that the man attacking her was an escaped fugitive if she only had a “moment” to yell to him? Do they even have 911 in Tahiti?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this story but how can you not give us the story with Jack's family, especially when he's been estranged from them for so many years!!@

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 1 year ago

Great story so far and yes there were a few errors with your story which have already been pointed out. Mainly wrong name and wrong police emergency number which would’ve been picked up if you had this edited or you did a little more background work. But overall I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to read the next chapter..⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Will there be a part 3? It's been nine months.

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐ Story isn't bad but there's some serious gaps and massive leaps. The first gap is about age. He sounds like he's 50 and she sounds like shes 25. The only reference is the cradle robbing comment near the end, vague. The story leaps from her starting as a deck hand, then "weeks and months later" they're in love. She shares her tale of woe and how damaged she feels, then she's naked all the time. Stroy is rushed with gaps.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

very strong woman and lucked into the right man to "help' or "share" her life with.Just missed the youngest brother at her family reunion.

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

Some mixed messages in the story, ie Sara's propensity to show off her body abd be nude with Jack after her experiences but what dreadful and horrific they were/are. But I enjoyed it and pleased they seem to be building a life for themselves. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

All that shit Sara has been through, especially the ordeal with Jeff... it's amazing just how relatively normal she turned out. Truly a resilient and remarkable woman. Jack is very lucky to have found her. I wonder what made Jeff turn into such a psychotic, murdering lunatic. Could just be a convenient plot piece, but it's such an extreme that it makes me wonder how nobody saw it before that dark night when he almost killed Sara.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDCCoffeeman@DCCoffeeman
All the stories I write are pure fiction, with the ideas coming from the deep recesses of my mind. I sometimes use real places and businesses, but I don't endorse any of them -- they are simply used in the story. I hope you enjoy what you read!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES