Southern Cross - Pt. 02

Story Info
Jack and Sara find closure and a new love.
32.1k words
4.92
18k
48

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Southern Cross -- part 2

Thanks for all the positive vibes from part one. Part two will finish the story of Jack and Sara, with a few twists along the way. And as a reminder, this story was inspired by the song of the same name, written by Stephen Stills, recorded by Crosby, Stills and Nash in 1981, and released on their 1982 album Daylight Again; it is a work of pure fiction. As always, votes and constructive comments are welcome. I hope you enjoy!

Trigger Warning -- there are several scenes where the main female protagonist relates instances of horrific verbal and physical abuse toward her. In no way do I condone abuse of any kind toward anyone, especially women. Please be aware of this before reading. Thanks...

Once their plane took off, Sara was quiet for a long time, looking like she was deep in thought. Not wanting to disturb her, Jack pulled his book out and began to read. After a while, Sara turned to him with a questioning look on her face.

"Jack, is your family going to like me? Will they accept me? With everything I've gone through my life has been so totally different from your life, so different that I'm scared they'll treat me as an outsider. Especially when I get around to telling them about me. It was different with my parents -- they already knew what kind of monster Jeff was. And Sean went through many of the same things I did, so I knew he'd be ok with everything.

"But your family is different. You all grew up together in loving household. The women your brothers married were all from the area and you all grew up together. My life has been so opposite from all of that and I'm worried about how they'll feel about me. Especially your parents."

"Sara, my family is going to love you, especially my parents. You're smart, funny, beautiful, accomplished in your field, and you'd kick my ass if I get out of line. I've told my folks enough about your past so they won't bring it up until you do, and they've told the rest of the family as well. So when you are ready to tell them about Jeff, tell them. Nobody is going to bring it up beforehand, I promise.

"And you're right, our childhoods were very different, but you have nothing to be ashamed of. My brothers are all down-to-earth guys, their wives are nothing but delightful, and my nieces and nephews are great as well.

"That being said, the only one I worry about is my youngest brother Pete. He's always been a pain in the ass, and as an adult he's only gotten worse. But I'm positive my dad has him on a short leash, so please don't worry about this. You are going to be a big hit on the Armstrong Ranch."

Hours later they landed in Houston and were met by Jack's parents. After giving both his mom and dad a hug, he pulled Sara forward.

"Mom, dad, this is Sara Owens. Sara, my mom and dad."

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong. Jack's told me so much about you."

"It's lovely to meet you, dear. But please call us Donna and John. And despite Jack's description, you are far prettier than he said. Welcome to the family."

"And speaking of family, I wanted to tell you both, while we are alone, that Sara and I are going to be married."

"You're engaged? How wonderful! Congratulations! Do you have a date set yet?"

"No, not yet. Jack only asked me Christmas Eve, so I'm still getting used to the whole idea. But once we do, we'll let you know."

After gathering their luggage and loading it into John's Tahoe, they began the two-hour drive to the Armstrong ranch. After a while, Sara slid next to Jack and fell asleep on his shoulder, and Jack started talking with his folks.

"All the kids are meeting us at home, and the girls are busy cooking up a storm. Everyone is so excited to see you again, Jack, and even more excited to meet Sara."

"Yeah, I'm sure Pete is just chomping at the bit to see me again. Did you talk to him, dad? If he says anything about Sara's past before she's ready to discuss it, I'm going to kick his ass."

"Yes, I talked to him and Isaac and Rich as well. They all promised to be on their best behavior around you and Sara. I know you only hinted at what happened in Sara's past, but is it as bad as you made it out?"

"It's worse than you can imagine. She went though hell and came out of it stronger than ever, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Once she gets comfortable with everyone she'll open up, but don't be surprised if she seems very shy. Meeting new people is difficult for her, and knowing my family and as open and welcoming as they are, it all might be a bit overwhelming for Sara. So I hope everyone keeps that in mind. Especially Pete."

Soon they were pulling up to the house, and Sara gasped at what she saw.

"Donna, your house is magnificent. And huge."

"Well, when you have a big family like we do, a big house is what's needed."

"Is that your family? Are they all here to meet me?"

"Yep, that's our clan."

"Sara, I'll introduce you to everyone, but don't worry if you don't remember all the names. There're a lot of people in my family."

As John pulled up to the front of the house, Sara held Jack's hand in a death grip as they got out of the car. Instantly the family, all talking at once, surrounded them.

Finally Jack got everyone's attention.

"Everyone quiet down. I want to introduce someone to you. This beautiful lady is Dr. Sara Owens, my fiancée. Sara, my family."

Suddenly surrounded, Sara started answering questions as fast as she could. Finally, Donna pulled her to her side and walked her in the house.

"I know that was intense for you, so come join me in the kitchen and get away from all the guys and the kids. The only ones allowed to cook in my kitchen are my girls, Tiffany and Susan, and me. And now you."

Soon the women were talking like long lost friends while getting the meal ready. Sara was in heaven, working in the big kitchen and doing whatever she could to help out.

"Beautiful, talented, and a good cook -- Jack certainly found himself a keeper this time."

"Thanks, but it hasn't always been easy. Jack helped me get through some really difficult times, and I love him more than anything. Between him and my therapist I feel almost normal anymore. But it was a long, tough road."

"Jack hasn't told us much, but he did ask everyone to respect your privacy and that when you're ready, you'll tell us your story -- but not before. But enough of that -- tell us about your ring. It's breathtaking."

"Thanks, Donna. It's an aquamarine stone -- Jack picked this one because it reminds him of my eyes and also as a symbol of my job -- a marine biologist who works in the ocean."

"Well, I've never seen a ring like that before, and Jack picked out a good one. And someday you'll have to tell us how you two met and how he asked you to marry him, but not now. Dinner's ready."

Quickly everyone joined together at the long dining room table. Platters of food were brought out from the kitchen, and soon everyone was filling their plates. Sara sat across the table from Jack, with Tiffany and Susan on either side of her. The table talk was light, mostly filling Jack in with the latest gossip.

When the meal was over the kids ran outside to play, leaving the adults to their coffee. Sara was feeling much better about being with Jack's family until Pete started up. He was getting louder and louder until he finally asked the question that Jack had asked everyone not to ask -- what had happened to her.

"So Sara, how did someone as pretty and smart as you end up with a piece of garbage like Jack? You must have been pretty desperate to hook up with him. You went from being with a cop to someone who runs a broken down sail boat. What possessed you to dump your first fiancée to get with my loser brother?"

For a moment there was complete silence in the room. Sara then stood and threw her napkin at Jack.

"You promised me," she screamed. "You promised me nobody would ask me about what happened. You promised me I wouldn't have to talk about this until I was ready. You promised..."

With that, Sara ran crying out of the room. When Jack started to follow her, his mother stopped him.

"Jack, I'll go to her. You have bigger fish to fry out here. Take care of it, Jack, any way you want."

Donna quickly followed Sara and found her crying in their guest bedroom. Knocking on the door, she said,

"Sara, it's Donna. May I come in?"

"Yes, please. It's open."

Sitting next to Sara on the bed, Donna pulled her future daughter-in-law close, hugging her tightly. Nothing was said as Sara sobbed uncontrollably onto Donna's shoulder. When her crying subsided, Sara whispered to Donna,

"Why did he say those things to me? He doesn't even know me and yet he tried to hurt me. Why?"

"Sara honey, I don't know why. But whatever you do, don't blame Jack for what Pete said. He asked all of us to respect you and your wishes not to talk about it until you brought the subject up. Pete's always been a pain in the ass to everyone in the family, but what he said was totally uncalled for."

Both women sat in silence for a while; Donna then pulled Sara close again, and asked,

"Sara, what did that man do to you?"

Sara was quiet for a long time before she finally answered, quietly.

"He hurt me, Donna. He hurt me bad. He said he loved me, but he was paranoid about me talking to anyone. He cut me off from my friends and family. He abused me verbally before it escalated to physical abuse. The final act was him beating me for hours -- five or six or maybe more, I lost track. He beat and tortured me Donna, and tried to kill me. I spent three months in the hospital and two more in rehab learning how to be me again.

"I had to learn how to walk, talk, feed myself, dress myself -- I couldn't even wipe myself after using the toilet. Do you know how humiliating something like that is? I loved him, Donna, and he almost beat me to death. Why did he do that to me? I loved him and he almost killed me. Why?"

Hearing her story, Donna cried with Sara, holding her close.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry he did that to you. No one deserves to be treated that way. I can't answer why he did that to you -- only he knows why. But I know how much Jack loves you -- a blind man could see it. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. I know he loves you with all his heart and will do whatever he needs to do to protect you, care for you, and love you. But you're safe now, and I'll sit with you as long as you need me to. You're part of my family now, and I protect and love my girls as much as I do my boys."

"Thank you for that, Donna. And thank you for raising Jack to be the good man he is. I love him so much; I can't imagine living my life without him."

While Donna comforted Sara, Jack was in the family room confronting Pete. Grabbing him by the front of his shirt, Jack slammed Pete into the wall.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I asked everyone to do one simple thing with Sara -- not ask about or bring up her past. She's willing to tell what happened, but on her terms and when she feels comfortable with everyone. But no, you had to be the big shot and run your mouth off. I'd hoped that you would've changed as you grew up, but thinking of yourself first has never changed. God damn, you make me so angry, I ought to kick your ass right here.

"But I don't want to spoil the day for everyone else, so I'm going to let you off this time. But believe me, you bring this up again before Sara is ready, I won't hesitate to finish the job. So do all of us a favor and shut the hell up."

Jack turned away to find Sara. Before he left the room, Pete spoke up again.

"That's right -- run away again, just like you did before. Abandoning us to find yourself in the South Pacific. What a pathetic excuse for a man."

Silence fell over the room once again as Jack stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned to face his brother, who stood smirking at Jack as if he'd won the battle. With measured steps, Jack strode across the room, stopping face to face with Pete.

"Abandoned you? In case you forgot, you dumb fuck, I was the one left at the altar by Cindy, breaking my heart. So yes, I ran away to put my life back together. But I abandoned you? What was it, two weeks before you got into Cindy's pants? And then she dumped you six months later, only to be followed by Janelle, Betty, Sue Ann, Miranda and Liz -- and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. How many of them did you marry, only to dump later?"

"You knew about Cindy and the others? How?"

"I may live 4,000 miles away, but there is a thing called the Internet. And Facebook. And cell phones. And email. I've heard about all your affairs from mom and dad, our brothers, and their wives. As well as a number of friends. So yes, I know all about how you fucked up your life.

"And tell me, how many albums have you three cut? Nine, isn't it? With eight going gold, six going platinum and three going multi-platinum. And the one album that didn't go gold was comprised solely of songs written by you, Pete. All the others were written by me. So drop the abandoned bullshit and stop blaming me and everyone else for your shitty life. You have nobody to blame but yourself."

"So why have you hardly been home in all these years? Don't you know how much mom missed you?"

"Yeah, I know how much she missed me. But she also understood why I left and why I stayed away. Isaac and Rich understood, as did dad. But I have a thriving business that I normally run by myself, so I can't just drop everything and come visit. Besides, I haven't seen your butt on my island ever."

"And now you're back, showing off how successful you are, bringing your trophy wife to rub in our faces. A trophy wife with so many scars must have gone through a lot of plastic surgery to look that good. She's as fake as you are, big brother. Nothing but a couple of fake people."

Pete's words filled Jack with rage. Never had he felt like killing his brother, but he did now. Before he could get his hands on Pete, Sara's voice stopped him.

"Jack, stop. I'll take care of it."

Sara crossed the room to hug Jack and whisper in his ear 'I love you'. Then she turned to face Pete, her eyes filled with fire and her voice filled with rage.

"How dare you. You know nothing about me and yet you call me fake? First of all, Jack is the kindest, gentlest, most loving person I know, and for you to call him out shows you know nothing about him. So I'm a trophy wife, fake through and through because I have scars on my body? Ok, big shot, you want to know what happened? Sit down and shut the fuck up.

"I'll skip the long story and just give you the Cliff Notes version. My ex-fiancée was a cop who thought he could do whatever he wanted. He said he loved me, but the more involved we got, the more he cut me off from my friends and family. He was paranoid I was having affairs, and couldn't stand to see me succeed. The culmination came one night when he beat and tortured me for upwards of six hours. He punched my jaw so hard it broke. He broke each one of my fingers, one at a time. He kicked me, threw me across the room, bouncing me off the walls and the furniture. He stomped, kicked, and punched my stomach so hard he damaged my uterus and fallopian tubes so I cannot bear children.

"Finally, he left the room to take a phone call, so I was somehow able to call 911 on my cell, barely able to tell the operator what was going on. When the cops finally arrived, it took four of them tasering him to bring him down. When the EMTs got there, the first one in the door took one look at me and puked. They tried to find a vein to start an IV, but my arms were so broken they couldn't find one. I was in so much pain they couldn't even strap me to the gurney -- they had to hold onto me on the way to the hospital. The ER nurses were wonderful, but even they had to come and go because they were so nauseated by what I looked like. I was in the hospital for three months recovering and another two months in rehab. And the scars? Even with the best plastic surgeons in the world, I still have scars from all my surgeries -- twenty-five in five months. So don't you dare sit there and bad mouth Jack or me. And that wasn't even the worst part. Months later, Jeff escaped from prison, killing three cops. He tracked me down and showed up one day on Jack's boat, threatening me once again.

"Hello, Sara. Long time no see. It's been about 20 months, and every night I dreamed of this. Finding you again. Holding you again. Fucking you, and making you my own again. And when I'm done fucking you, and believe me, I'm going to take my time fucking every hole repeatedly, I'm going to finish what I started and beat the life out of you. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

"I tracked you down through the idiots at your university, and found the first flights I could. One fake passport later and here we are, just two peas in a pod -- me, ready to fuck you into oblivion, and you, just waiting to feel me inside you again, filling you up with my cum until your ass and cunt and mouth overflow. Yes, this will be one fine last night for you.

"Yeah, struggle against me, baby. Make me work for your cunt so it'll feel that much better."

"At this point, Jack showed up and saw me struggling against Jeff. He calmed me down and reminded me about the training I was taking -- self defense lessons with one of the local police officers. And then I promptly kicked his ass. I stomped on his foot, breaking it. When he dropped me, I jammed my hand into his nose, breaking it. While he was choking on his blood I kicked him in his nuts -- four times -- with the steel-toed boots I was wearing. I was ready to finish him off by beating him with a pipe wrench, but Jack stopped me. He said up to this point it was self-defense. Anything more would be murder. So I did the next best thing -- I kicked that SOB in the mouth, breaking most of his teeth. I smiled and told him to enjoy going back to prison, as he'd end up being someone's bitch, sucking dick with a toothless mouth until he died. And that was good enough for me."

Sara now moved close to Pete's face, letting her words of warning to him fill the room.

"So here's my warning to you, Pete. You touch me for any reason without asking my permission, if you ever bring this topic up again without my permission, if you disrespect me or Jack ever again, I will cut your balls off and stuff them down your throat, and not have second thoughts about doing it. Do I make myself clear?"

Silently, Pete nodded his head in agreement. That being settled, Sara grabbed Jack's hand and pulled him out of the house and into the yard, walking quickly away from the house. When they were out of sight, she grabbed Jack and burst into tears. Jack was quiet, holding Sara in his arms, gently stroking her hair. When her tears abated they began walking once again, ending up at the barn.

"Have you ever ridden a horse, sweetie?"

"Once. Fifteen years ago, riding in a circle and never leaving the pen."

"Great. Over the years I've found that riding a horse is a fantastic way to gather thoughts, to lose yourself in the countryside, and to realize that there's a whole lot more to life than what we think. Want to join me?"

"I'd love to, as long as you show me what to do."

Just then someone yelled to Jack as he walked over to the couple.

"Jack, is that you? I heard you were back in town visiting. How the hell are you?"

"Mike, good to see you. Sara, Mike has been a ranch hand here for as long as I can remember. His daddy worked for my folks, and Mike grew up on the ranch with all of us. Mike, this is my fiancée Sara Owens."

"Good to finally meet you in person, Sara. I've heard a lot about you from Donna and John."

123456...9