Southern Cross - Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The two sat outside eating and talking until Sara suddenly got serious.

"Jack, thank you for yesterday, and especially last night. I truly thought Jeff was going to kill me after raping me. I panicked, and you set me straight. Last night was the first night in years that I slept the whole night through with no nightmares. I felt safe in your arms. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I only hope that asshole gets sent away for life. Now how about we clean up and I take you up on your offer of a day of love making."

Before Sara could answer, Jack's phone started buzzing.

"Jean-Pierre, good morning. To what do I owe this early morning call?... Ok, I understand... Statements, pictures -- all of it... Later this morning will work fine... Ok, we'll meet you at Government House at 11:15... See you then."

"That was Jean-Pierre. The chief judge wants to see us, mostly you, in his courtroom this morning. They have been on the phone with the FBI to let them know what happened, and the judge wants to speak to you personally to hear your account.

"Not just yesterday, but what happened with Jeff two years ago. Jean-Pierre didn't sound worried about this -- the judge just needs to hear everything before he speaks to the Governor General about this incident. He also wants to see your pictures from when Jeff attacked you so he can fully justify yesterday as self-defense. So let's get going, as you need to wear something other than an apron."

Several hours later, Jack, Sara, and Jean-Pierre were sitting in the judge's private office, with Sara telling the judge her story. He asked to see the pictures from when she was in the hospital, and as he scrolled through them, he was almost brought to tears.

"Mlle Owens, I have seen enough. I cannot understand how someone could do such harm to another he said he loved. Obviously he did not. You are a lovely, talented, smart woman, and you have my sincere apologies for any discomfort today has brought you. It is clear to me that your actions of yesterday were completely done in self-defense, and that is what I will tell the Governor General. Jean-Pierre and I will finish the paperwork, so you are free to go. I wish you a long and happy life, and I hope you plan on staying with us for many years to come."

Gathering her phone and paperwork, Sara and Jack left judge's office feeling much better than when they arrived. Grabbing his arm, Sara pulled Jack toward the waterfront and toward their favorite restaurant.

"I'm starving. Let's get some lunch before we head to my apartment to get the rest of my stuff. Besides, there is something I want to tell you about my past that you should know."

After finishing their meal, the couple enjoyed an after-dinner coffee, but sat in silence. Finally Sara broke the silence.

"When I was five my parents died in a car crash. They were coming home from an evening out, it had rained, and my dad lost control of his car and ran into a bridge abutment -- leaving my twin brother and me orphans. Yes, I have a twin brother, Sean. We got lucky and CPS placed us in a foster home together.

"We were there for three years, and everything was great. My foster parents were terrific, especially after the trauma Sean and I went though. They had a daughter who was several years older than us, and she was a wonderful big sister. Unfortunately, after three years, my foster dad got cancer and died, leaving my foster mom alone to raise three kids. Dad dying really broke her, and she realized she couldn't do it, so she and her daughter moved out east to be close to her family and Sean and I were put back into the system.

"We weren't as lucky the second time, as no family would take us together, so we were split up. We wrote each other for several years, but over time the letters got fewer and fewer, and finally, I heard nothing from Sean. In the meantime, I had a new family to get used to, and it was totally different from the first one.

"This time I had three older brothers. At first I had a difficult time fitting in, as my parents had never raised a girl before. But after a short while things were getting better. My brothers picked on me a bit, but it was mostly in fun -- until the day the youngest brother decided to steal a picture of Sean and me from my nightstand. He kept threatening to tear it up and throw it away, and I was frantic and furious. He finally dropped his guard for a moment, and I decked him with one punch.

"By now his crying brought our parents to my room, aghast at what they saw -- me on top of my brother, hitting him and him holding my picture away from me. Dad pulled me away and demanded to hear what happened. Mom took Pete into another room to hear his story, and dad listened to me. Then they both got together and compared stories, and realized that Pete was the instigator. He got punished, and all I got was a talking-to; try to settle things without fighting. But the best thing that came out of that was that now my brothers saw me in another light -- that I was not a pushover and would stand up for myself.

"Several weeks later, Steve, Dave, and Pete were all in the garage, putzing with a car engine. They were all into cars -- taking them apart, fixing them, and putting them back together. I asked if I could help, and they started teaching me what to do and how to do it. And I took to it like a duck to water. I couldn't get enough, and soon I was doing it by myself. In high school I signed up for all the auto shop classes I could take, learning more about engines and how they worked. Which is why I can strip an engine down and put it back together in hours.

"High school was where I also found my love for Marine Biology. Freshman year we had someone speak to our Biology class about the oceans and marine life, and I was hooked. It was several years before I finally decided to go that way as opposed to being a car mechanic -- which two of my brothers now do.

"But I need to back up some. When I was 12 my parents asked me what I thought of them adopting me. I had been with them for over three years, we all got along and loved each other, and I really had no place else to go. I said I loved the idea, and so the process started. On my 13th birthday, the adoption papers were signed, and I officially became Sara Owens instead of Sara Sullivan. But in all that time, I had not forgotten my brother.

"Over the years I kept looking for him, and my parents helped, but we could find no clue as to where Sean was. And even today I keep looking for him online, hoping something will pop up, but nothing ever does. So there you have it, the final sad story in the life of Dr. Sara Owens -- marine biologist, engine mechanic, ocean tour guide, and very soon the lover of her boss."

Sara finished her story with tears welling in her eyes. Jack looked at her and was astonished at how normal she turned out with her back-story. He hadn't asked to hear her story, but now was glad she had told him. He also knew he needed to do whatever he could to help her find her brother.

"I'm not sure what I can say except for wow. You certainly had a different life growing up than me, and probably from most people I know. Thank you for sharing it -- it was something you didn't need to do."

"Yes it was. If we are going to be a couple, you need to know all the skeletons in my closet. I promise there are no more surprises to come. All I need now is to spend the rest of today -- and the rest of my life -- loving you."

Several weeks later, Jack was in the pool when his phone rang. Sara saw the ID and answered it for him.

"Good morning, Jean-Claude. How are you this beautiful day?"

"Good morning to you as well, Mlle Owens. I was calling for Jack, but the call is as much for you as for him, so I trust you will relay my message?"

"Of course. Jack is doing laps in the pool, so I can certainly get him."

"No need. I only wanted to let you both know that the extradition papers have been processed and signed to send Monsieur Murphy back to the United States. Your Department of Justice is sending a plane, and several FBI agents, to escort him back. And since he killed three officers of the law, there is no chance of him ever getting out of prison. In fact, one person I spoke with said they might ask for the death penalty. So as of tomorrow, he will be off our island on his way to a maximum-security prison. And may we never speak of him or his deeds again."

Sara was quiet for a moment, letting Jean-Claude's words sink in.

"Thank you, Jean-Claude, for letting us know. You have certainly been a good friend to both Jack and me during this time. It is good to know we'll never have to deal with that piece of trash again."

"Agreed. Also, I have a message for you from Charlotte. She is wondering when you are coming back to the gym to continue your training. Personally, I just think she wants company other than the other officers here at the station. So at your convenience, give her a call. Otherwise, I hope you and Jack have a wonderful day. Au revoir."

The rest of the year passed with Sara and Jack becoming more and more a loving couple. When they weren't doing excursions they were at their house, making love in each room, finding out which positions they each enjoyed the most. Other times they would take the boat out and Sara ended up naked, tanning on the bow, teasing anyone who sailed nearby. And the closer they became, the more they loved each other.

******

"Jack, what do you want to do for Christmas? It'll be here soon. I think we should take some time off and spend it by ourselves. How about cruising around some of the islands we don't normally get to? I would love to see more of these beautiful islands and meet some of the people who live there. How does that sound?"

"Two day ago I would've agreed with you, but we just got a booking for a family of four for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. Nothing overnight -- just day tours."

"Boxing Day?"

"Yep. It's the day after Christmas, and that's what he called it when he booked the trip. So Boxing Day it is.

"I know you were making some plans for us, but how about we plan something for after Christmas? I'll block out the entire month of January for us to do as we please. How does that sound?"

"Ok, I can work with that. I'll spend some time looking at places to go, and let you know what I come up with."

The morning of Christmas Eve found Sara below deck finishing up the last of her work before the family arrived for their excursion when Jack yelled at her from above.

"Sara, come on up. Our guests are here."

When Sara got on deck, she looked at the family and gasped.

"Hi, Sara-Beara. It's good to see you again."

Sara-Beara? Nobody called her that except...

"Sean? Is it you? Oh my god, Sean. It really is you. How are you here? How did you find me? After all these years you finally found me? Oh my god, Sean -- it really is you!"

In a moment, there was not a dry eye on the boat. Sara was sobbing into her brother's chest, while Sean was crying as well.

"How did you find me? Why didn't you let me know you found me and were coming here? Where have you been for twenty years?"

Sara was asking questions of Sean without taking a breath. When both finally stopped crying, Sean answered her questions.

"I didn't find you. Jack found me."

Sara looked at Jack and ran to his arms.

"How did you find him? And why didn't you tell me?"

"I told you that after years of running a tour boat, I got to meet people from everywhere doing jobs of all sorts. I made a few phone calls and sent a few emails to people who were able to help.

"And I didn't tell you because I wanted this to be part of your Christmas surprise. Merry Christmas, Sara."

After kissing Jack several times, Sara went back to her brother, holding him tight. When everyone calmed down, Sean started to talk.

"Sara, there are some people you need to meet. First, this beautiful lady is my wife Amanda. Amanda, my baby sister, Sara."

Giving Amanda a big hug, Sara looked at Sean.

"Baby sister? I'm only 5 minutes younger than you. Amanda, it's so good to meet you."

"You too, Sara. Sean has told me a lot about you, even though they're memories from twenty years ago."

Sean then motioned to the two young girls standing off to the side.

"Sara, this ball of energy disguised as a six-year-old is our daughter Annabelle."

Sara knelt down to be face to face with her nieces.

"Annabelle, so very nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too, Auntie Sara."

"And this precocious almost nine-year-old fireball is our other daughter, Sarah."

"It's nice to meet you, Auntie Sara. I was named after you."

Sara looked at her brother, tears again welling in her eyes.

"You named her after me? Oh..."

"Don't cry, Auntie Sara. Don't be sad we have the same name."

"Oh Sarah, I'm not sad. I'm crying because I'm happy."

After several more minutes of hugs, kisses, and tears of joy, Jack interrupted the reunion.

"All right, who wants to go for a boat ride?"

A chorus of 'we do' responded, so Jack and Sara got things started. First, Sean put the family's day-bag below. Next, Sara spoke to her nieces.

"Do both of you know how to swim?"

Two young heads eagerly nodded yes.

"Great. Now the first rule of the Music is that everyone on board has to wear a life vest, even if you know how to swim. I wear one, Captain Jack wears one, and so will everyone else. The adult vests are in the cabin, and the ones for the girls are over here. Once everyone has their vest on, we can get underway."

The rest of the day was spent swimming and sailing, with several side trips so Sara could teach her nieces how to snorkel. By late afternoon, both girls were tired, and fell asleep as Jack docked the boat. Amanda picked up one girl, Jack the other, while Sara and Sean walked arm in arm to his rental car.

"This has been my favorite Christmas Eve ever, Sean. I still can't believe you're here with me."

"I know what you mean, sis. We were all so excited for this after Jack contacted me. I know we have more to share, but how about we wait for tomorrow. Right now I feel like the girls look."

"It's been a long couple of days for all of you, so get some sleep tonight. Merry Christmas, Sean."

"Merry Christmas, Sara. See you in the morning."

Later that night, Sara and Jack were cuddling on their couch, with only the lights from their Christmas tree bathing the room. Just then Sara noticed some extra packages around the tree.

"Where did these other packages come from? They weren't here this morning."

"Your brother shipped them here, so the girls would have some gifts to open tomorrow morning. They were afraid Santa wouldn't know where to find them."

"So how long have you known about Sean and where he was?"

"About eight weeks. Once we spoke, he was all in for coming here and surprising you. He told Amanda about us right away, and she was all for the trip. They didn't tell the girls until about a week ago, knowing they would have too many questions that they couldn't answer.

"Several of my contacts found leads right away, but the trail quickly went cold. Then one of them thought to expand his search to Canada, and that's when he found Sean. As soon as I had his number I called him right away, hoping he was the correct one -- and he was. After that it was simply a matter of putting flights together.

"You're not mad at me for not telling, are you? I really wanted this to be a surprise, and the best Christmas I could give you."

"Mad at you? Oh you sweet, sweet man. If I didn't love you before, this would've sealed that deal. You have no idea how happy this makes me. Definitely the best Christmas ever.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow?"

"First, we sleep in late, but getting up in time to clean up and greet our guests who will be arriving around 11."

"Greet our guests? I thought we were taking Sean and the family out on the Music?"

"Nope, and here is your next Christmas surprise. Chef Dianne from The Waterfront is catering our Christmas dinner, and she'll be here around noon. It's just us, Sean and his family, Charlotte and her boyfriend, and Jean-Pierre and his wife. I've also told them to bring their swimsuits, so the afternoon will be spent around the pool. I just thought we could start making some Christmas traditions of our own, with our friends and family."

"Oh Jack. This all sounds so wonderful. Thank you."

"And speaking of traditions, one thing my family did for years was to open one present on Christmas Eve. Only one, and the person who bought the gift gets to present it. So, want to open a present?"

"Yes! And I'll choose first. I know exactly which one you need to open first."

Jumping from the couch, Sara selected a brightly wrapped package from under the tree. As she gave it to Jack, she whispered 'I hope you like it.'

Jack ripped at the paper like a small child, and opened the box.

"Oh baby, I love it. I've needed a new pair of binoculars for a while. Thank you!"

After giving Sara a kiss, Jack picked up a gift for her.

"Merry Christmas, sweetie."

Sara carefully unwrapped the box, and found another, smaller, box inside. With trembling hands she opened the second box to find a ring with an aquamarine stone. With a catch in her voice she asked,

"Is this for me?"

"Yes. Sara Owens, you are the love of my life, and I want to spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, Jack. Yes! Yes, I will marry you."

Climbing into his arms, Sara cried into Jack's shoulder.

"I've been hoping you would ask me to marry you, but I was also afraid that because of my past, because of my damage, you wouldn't ever ask. But tonight you've made me the happiest woman in the world. I love you, Jack Armstrong, and I will love you until the day I die."

"I love you too, Sara. But I love you for who you are now, not because of anything in the past. The past is just that -- the past. I know it's something that'll always be a part of you, but it's not something that defines you. You are smart, beautiful, and the sexiest deck hand I've ever had. Plus, you are the kindest person I know. And now you've made me the happiest man ever, because I get to marry you.

"Merry Christmas, Sara."

"Merry Christmas, Jack."

Christmas morning, Jack was slowly waking up. When he opened his eyes, he saw Sara next to him, holding her left arm up and looking at her ring. She kept turning her hand, trying to catch the morning sun on her hand. He slid his hand over Sara's naked body, coming to rest on her moistening pussy. With a moan Sara opened her legs, giving Jack access to slip two fingers into her.

"Oh yes, Jack. Finger me until I cum. But go slow -- you really wore me out last night."

"Slowly finger my beautiful fiancée until she cums? I think I can handle that."

After bringing Sara to two thrashing orgasms, Jack pulled his fingers out, licked them clean, and leaned in to give her a passionate kiss.

"We better get cleaned up before our guests arrive. We better shower separately, otherwise we might never get ready. You start, and I'll get the coffee going. Merry Christmas, Sara."

"Merry Christmas, baby. I promise not to use all the hot water."

Several hours later, all their guests had arrived, Chef Dianne had fixed a magnificent meal, and now they were all sitting around the tree opening the last of the presents. Jack had been playing Santa, distributing the gifts, when he picked up one last envelope marked for Sara.

"Hmmm, I wonder what this could be? Sara, have you been a good girl this year? If so, Santa will let you open one last present."

"Oh, Uncle Jack, you're not Santa. Let Auntie Sara open her present."

Laughing at her niece, Sara opened the envelope and emptied the contents onto her lap. She was mystified-- all the envelope contained were papers from different airlines. She looked at Jack with a perplexed look on her face.