Southern Cross - Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yawning, and with sleep overtaking them, the girls agreed. One more 'good night', and they were both sound asleep.

As they rejoined the girl's parents, both Jack and Sara realized how tired they were as well. A long day of flying after getting up early had them yawning as well.

"So what's the plan for the week?"

"First, I need to take Sara shopping for warm clothes after breakfast tomorrow. Both of us have the week off, although the girls have school on Monday. We'll have Friday and the weekend for all of us together, so we thought we would head to our cabin in the mountains for a true Canadian winter.

"We have access to both cross country and downhill skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and more. The cabin is outside a small town with lots of cute boutique stores. We can head there tomorrow afternoon and come back Sunday evening. And while the girls are in school we can use the time to get better acquainted and to show off Kelowna. And when you leave, we'll put all your new clothes in a storage tub for the next time you visit."

That weekend, as well as the rest of the week, sped by. Sara actually began to enjoy some of the cold-weather activities, and their nieces spent as much time with them as they could. Several days before they had to leave, Sara was snuggled up to Jack in front of the roaring fireplace, a mug of hot cocoa in hand.

"Amanda told me the girls only have a half day of school tomorrow, so I was wondering if you wanted to take them skating while I spend the time with Sean and Amanda, talking. I feel ready to tell them my story, and I don't want the girls around."

"Absolutely. I can take them to lunch first and then head to the skating rink we used the other day. That should give you several hours of alone time."

"Thanks, baby. And I'm sure the girls will be thrilled to have time alone with their favorite uncle."

When the girls got home the next day, Sean told them the plan.

"We get to spend all afternoon with Uncle Jack? Yay! Are you coming with us, Auntie Sara?"

"Nope. You get Uncle Jack all to yourselves. I'm going to spend some time with your mommy and daddy, ok?"

"Ok. When can we leave?"

"As soon as you change clothes and get your skates. So hurry up!"

In a flash, the girls ran to their room to get ready, and were soon hustling out the door with Jack, leaving Sara alone with her brother and sister-in-law. As they gathered in the family room near the fireplace, Sean brought out glasses for each of them, filled with three fingers of bourbon. They each took a sip, and as Sara put her glass down, she shivered.

"Are you cold, sis?"

"No, I'm just thinking of what to say and how to say it without grossing you out."

"You just tell us whatever you want -- as much or as little as needed. Whatever it is, you have our love and support."

And with that, Sara began her story, touching on her time at the university first, and then moving into her time with Jeff. She told them about his increasing control and paranoia that she was cheating on him, and that led her into her bout with the marine institute. She calmly spoke about her beating and near death; by the time she finished with that part, Amanda was in tears and had to leave the room, and Sean was shaking with anger.

"I don't understand how someone who professed his love for you could treat you so badly."

"Sean, it took me months of therapy to try to understand that. Madison has been great, and like she said, it's going to take many more months to come to terms with it all. But there's one more part of the story I need to tell you, whenever Amanda is ready to hear it."

Just then Amanda reentered the room, eyes red with crying. She walked to Sara and enveloped her in her arms, whispering how sorry she was that Sara had to endure such torture.

"Thank you, Amanda. There is one more part of the story I want to tell, but only if you want to hear it."

Nodding her head in agreement, Amanda sat close to Sean on the couch and held him tight while Sara finished her story, telling about the fight on the boat and Jeff's extradition back to the U.S.

"Last I heard he was in a 'supermax' prison, so the chances of him hurting me ever again are slim to none."

It was silent in the room for a long time. Finally Sara got up and joined Sean and Amanda on the couch for a long hug.

"Now you know why I have so many scars, and why I can't tell the girls about them. Perhaps when they are older, but not for a long time."

"We'll just leave it like Jack said -- they make you prettier."

*****

Soon it was time to leave, and everyone ventured to the airport to see Jack and Sara off. Jack gave a big hug to Sean and to Amanda, with the promise to see them soon. Sara did the same, and both gave hugs and kisses to their nieces.

"Auntie Sara, do you and Uncle Jack have to go? We don't want you to leave."

"I know, sweetie, but we have to go visit Uncle Jack's family now. They live a long way away, so it takes a long time to get there. But we'll see you before you know it. Maybe you can come see us on the boat again, and I promise you we'll come back next winter. Now give me a big hug and a kiss before we go."

"I love you, Auntie Sara. And Uncle Jack too."

"And we love you too. Bye..."

And with that, Sara and Jack began the final part of their vacation -- flying to Texas and meeting Jack's family.