All Comments on 'Southern Cross - Pt. 02'

by DCCoffeeman

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for this very enjoyable story. You took us on a great journey both in the lives of the characters as well as geographically. 5 well earned stars.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 2 years ago

A truly beautiful story. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow. Way unexpected & unexpectedly good. Characters were richly developed & believable. Several bits are worth mentioning - all very good.

I was surprised that the use of tragedy was not overdone & ham-handed - leaving the reader feeling like their emotions were being jerked. This is rare, and not to be overlooked or minimized. 'Really well done - pls keep it up in future work.

Another surprise was the protagonist's past fame was not used (very much - locating long lost brother) to paper over a tight spot in a plot. Too often the extreme smart/rich/powerful protagonist accomplishes the impossible with their virtual super power attributes. Again - pls keep this up.

Family portrayal: Positive without falling into utopic ideal. Not all stories could be done with this image of family, but pls. don't hesitate a bit to keep doing this.

I sure hope you keep writing. Alot. 'Hope you feel proud of this one. The high ratings seem very well deserved.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 2 years ago

A wonderful, touching story. Worthy of 5 stars.

e5jerseye5jerseyabout 2 years ago

Excellent story! You really got me to care about the characters and wove a rich, enjoyable tale. So very well done!

misty_1misty_1about 2 years ago

great story

thank you

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

I was waiting for Pete to make some kind of one last stand. The quote from Stephen Stills was kinda out of context, all things considered. But, great story line, well written. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5*

just tremendous. Highs and lows, great characters.

And water from my eyes... what is this stuff?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a great story! The ending brought tears to this old mans eyes!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

icemn67icemn67about 2 years ago

5 stars are bot enough! A beautiful story. GREAT JOB!!

Sunset154Sunset154about 2 years ago

Great story. +5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In real life, there’s no way Jack’s parents & brothers would have been silent during Pete’s rant at Sara. Someone would have interrupted & tried to shut him up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Damn, you got me with that one. Actually caused my eyes to tear up. 5* and I am going to follow you, you are talented.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Brilliant and very moving

hamdhamdalmost 2 years ago

One of the best. thank you

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 1 year ago

There were one or two moments while reading this story I was gonna call it quits because I said to myself where the hell is the romance in the story, all the pain and suffering this poor girl went through. I don’t know why you just didn’t kill the poor girl off end it there. For me this wasn’t a romance story it was worse than a Shakespearean tragedy. The only redeeming part of the story for me was was the ending You really had me in tears for the last two pages and a shocking migraine to go with it at the end which I hate you for. I give you ⭐️⭐️ For Romance and ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ For the story

myassisdraginmyassisdraginover 1 year ago

All I will say is it deserves 10 stars...

Mike9947Mike9947over 1 year ago

I cried and cried and cried.

Best I have ever read on Lit.

Best ever.

sdoc9612sdoc9612over 1 year ago

Excellent storyline, well written and touching. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dang dut on the air!

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

A sad end to a really good story, but it’s easy to forget the actions of the younger brother at the beginning of the story given the length (in years) of it, had the little shit had a proper hiding after he tried it it on with Sara, he wouldn’t have been in a position to put the family at cross purposes legally re the tour. A penny’s worth of stick in January is worth a quids worth of medicine in December, words to remember.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it! Thank you so much!!!

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story telling, I shed tears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story, I wish I could give 10 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

By far your best story, there is no topping this but I look forward to watching you try.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

touching, romantic story, thanks for sharing.

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

As I am writing, my eyes still have tears. You are one beautiful writer. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

So beautiful and moving, so well written. I must admit I though there was going to be another bit of drama involving Pete bit in some ways pleased there wasn't. No way this is not a 5⛤ story.

EVLoverEVLover9 months ago

Thank you for a wonderful, heart breaking and heart warming story. Definitely 5*****

Hearing about the crap being done by Sara’s ex-Jeff Murphy; Jack’s little brother, Pete; and guys like them, sadden me and make me embarrassed to be a male.

On a happier note, I look forward to finishing your published stories and hopefully more stories to come.

Mike9947Mike99479 months ago

If there is a better story on Lit, I cant find it.

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett7 months ago

Well, over all this wasn't the most well written story I've read on here. The dialogue often felt stilted and unnatural, there were pacing issues, some parts needed to be longer so that it could really build some characterization (Jack in particular didn't have a lot of moments that really revealed any personality despite being one of the main characters) while some parts dragged on a lot for seemingly no reason. I think that this is a really good story that would benefit a lot from some editing and revision.

But, to give praise where praise is due, the ending was done beautifully and Sara was a great character overall that I think any reader could fall in love with. There's more good than bad in the story for sure, with some cleaning up I can even envision a version of the world where it could be turned into a screenplay and made into a movie. The story's bones are good and, again, the ending was very good.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

My heart bleeds for Sara. What she went through is horrifying, but to come out as strong as she has, is a miracle and an inspiration. It's a shame that she can't bear children - that seemed like unnecessary salt in the wound - as a result of the torture she endured. But it appears that was just misdirection because she somehow did end up pregnant, against the odds.

It wasn't bad enough to endure the torture we were told of in part 1, but now it's revealed Jeff also raped and whored her out to all his buddies and perps. Come on man, how much degrading shit did you have to put her through? That's fucked up. Talk about overkill. It also doesn't make much sense though because if he was so possessive and paranoid about her cheating, why the hell would he be OK with her being fucked by other people? That doesn't make sense to me. Almost feels like a forced inclusion just to make Sara's past even more traumatic. And there was no hint of anything like that at all in part 1. I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this because it just doesn't fit with what was already established.

Once the pregnancy was revealed, I was so apprehensive reading the rest, and I kept expecting things to take a dark turn, with Sara dying during the birth or something (a few stories I've read recently had that in it and it's really upsetting and depressing). Thankfully it worked out in the end, with regards to the pregnancy at least and Sara surviving. My tear ducts can take a breather (but that didn't last long).

Jack's death was so sudden. He wasn't even THAT old. I wish he had been kept alive and the story had ended before his inevitable death due to natural causes. And here I thought it was going to be a happily ever after. I suppose in a way it was, but it was very bittersweet. Poor Sara suffering even more tragedy. Then she suffers even more later before also dying. It just keeps piling on. And here comes the waterworks again :'( The ending broke me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Excellent

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit5 months ago

Outstanding! Thoroughly enjoyed reading this story. An interesting point: Sara believed in ghosts. She had a nightmare the night Jeff was killed in prison. At the end, she told Maimiti that Jack was with her for a last sunset. I was surprised that when Jack passed in his sleep, she didn’t have the same connection, woke the next morning not realizing he’d died.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a great story! I had to stop multiple times to read the last few pages to wipe the tears away. Congratulations on a very beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Extraordinary writing. Magnificent. Thank you.

MaultascheMaultasche3 months ago

I read it again and again, so sad, but what a wonderful story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Incredible. From start to finish.

Zeno1951Zeno19512 months ago

Ingedibly beautiful life story. Have the tissues handy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Super sad story need tissue warning

I have so many questions but I think your supposed to use your own imagination thanks it was harrowing sad lovely

davemartin82davemartin82about 1 month ago

I have read this story many times, the ending always gets me. Dang dust in the air, I got something in my eyes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDCCoffeeman@DCCoffeeman
All the stories I write are pure fiction, with the ideas coming from the deep recesses of my mind. I sometimes use real places and businesses, but I don't endorse any of them -- they are simply used in the story. I hope you enjoy what you read!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES