All Comments on 'Southern Heritage'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 148 Comments
dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 days ago

Better than awesome and or excellent. Glad I wasn't in their situation. USAF, 1970-74 and a year in Thailand, 72-73.

DwarfLord50DwarfLord503 months ago

That was amazing! Thank you.

Crusader235Crusader2354 months ago

If your a Vet you'll understand:

Hand salute..... Too! Semper Fi

dmallorddmallord4 months ago

It brings back the hair-raising feelings of those old days. Ironically, yesterday, January 1, 2024, I wrote an Alabama story set in the 1940s. Black and White love, though not over the war itself going on then. The sentiment was similar. Your story was much better told. Thanks for a good read.

analustanalust8 months ago

Terrific story, well written and edited. I was in Vietnam for a while and this brought old feelings to the fore. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wonderful story and wonderfully written. I was not expecting that or the emotions it evoked. At all. Thank you.

JustplainjeffJustplainjeff11 months ago

My wife and I just read this marvelous story, again. Ad a Viet Name era veteran, I know a lot about the people in this story. It remains one of my all time favorites.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Beautiful story, wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An amazing story that's very well written!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am an Asian! My heritage had been colonized by Spain, English, American, Japanese and then back by Americans. Racism had been tempered by democracy and education. But still until now, we Filipinos are still Little Brown Americans !

piercednprettypiercednprettyover 1 year ago

I am in tears! Such a beautiful story! I love your writing style! 💯

mfbridgesmfbridgesover 1 year ago

Darn good story for so many reasons. Please continue down down this path.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a splendid story. The author obviously knows the terrain from personal experience. Absolutely authentic; I grew up to adulthood in Mississippi, through the mid-sixties, and I can say that MSTarot has told it like it was. Thanks for this inspiring tale.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Oh fuck. So many memories. I joined the Marines in 1970 and hit Nam in 72. I remember so many of these events. Dad was a preacher, and even though he said he wasn't racist, black people had to have their own churches, because they were not welcome in ours.

I truly thank you for this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is brilliant. Well crafted. It captures some very real and candid emotions. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lovely story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful and sexy story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As the spouse of a woman of East Indian heritage and as a veteran (US Army), your story cuts deeply within my own experiences. I can relate to so many aspects of your love story in an even more modern day context. So true how so many things do not truly change, yet it is better today than in your story's setting. As many other readers/comments have already said, thank you for writing this wonderfully beautiful story of love, change, forgiveness and humanity.

juanviejojuanviejoalmost 2 years ago

As a son of the Sixties who spent nearly the entirety of that decade in the Services of our country, I can truly relate to so much of your story. In many respects, it tugs at my very soul and I thank you for it. CONCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

On the last page when he pulled rank over his brother, I wanted to stand up and cheer. It definitely made me smile. I'm a black woman in Alabama who was born in the mid-to-late seventies and my ex-husband is white. The obvious N-word (as well as the other racial slurs) made me uncomfortable. But in the context of the story and where it's taking place, I understand it. Beautifully done love story. Thank you for such realism. Makes it much easier to digest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing. So much addressed in this story. But the greatest, persevering Love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow,what a great story,thank you

MarsPatrolMarsPatrolalmost 3 years ago

A beautiful love story ❤️

Cor007Cor007almost 3 years ago

Difficult subject, beautifully highlighted.

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literatealmost 3 years ago

The hate, the love, the divide, the forgiveness and the bravery of those times have a profound impact on today's society. Sadly it is relived. Bringing people together aa one human race seems impossible. Antisemitism is increasingly dividing us from our common core values. Most say they aren't racist but what shows in our environment, children and culture shows otherwise. The very future education of our youth needs a overhaul.

Horseman68Horseman68about 3 years ago
Exceptional.

A great story. So appropriate to read at this time as we must overcome another period of racial bigotry in our history — and move forward into 2021 with hope. Bravos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I was in that hell hole in 68-69, and had black friends that I picked up along the way.

Born and Bred in Mississippi and still reside there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Brilliant, touched my heart - thank you and Merry Xmas and a hopefully healthy and happy 2021. Take care jw

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alabama

I remember those days in Bama

. It’s changed but some ways still the same. This story touched me deeply.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank you

This story brought some dignity to this website, whoda thunk it. Should be made into a movie.2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Positive

Simply Superb. I read it twice. Thank you. Semper Fidelis cfgz

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A most touching story

Rarely have I read on Literotica a story as touching as this one. It is very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Alright listen dickhead.

I come to this site to jerk my jollies, not make my fuckin heart explode. I hate you, and I love this story. Piss off, and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent story

I am a white Canadian who does not understand why some people in the USA hate all black people. As I was growing up in Ontario, I was in grade six (1964) when we had our first black student at our small public school which only went to grade 6. You had to go to another school for grades 7 and 8. His name was Whitey which we didn’t see as any different than our own first names. He was very athletic and he demonstrated for us that he could do standing back flips. Although he was in grade 4, we included him in all of our recess games. I made sure he was on my scratch soccer team since he could out run everyone.

When I was in high school grade twelve, we had a former Hamilton Tiger Cat football player as a Physical Education teacher who’s name was Ralph Goldston. He was an excellent teacher who nurtured students to do better rather than beat on them. In all my years, think that Ralph was the most influential person in my life and he was black!

Why can’t people see other races as just people! See those people as individuals not as defined groups. Most people on this earth want to live in peace. This race hatred must stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow!!!!!!

I am a hard reader to please. Very few people have the gift to write, even those who are considered to be masters at it. Not many can weave a tale, that never leaves the reader bored. You have a gift, so please never lay your pen down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What a wonderful love story

Take away the venue and the races i(and the tags) involved and you still have a really inspiring love story.

kinghicekinghiceabout 5 years ago
Time to come home

I wish I had words to describe how this makes me feel. I see every action, every emotion in your words. It makes me feel as if I were there watching it take place. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Brings back memories

I am a Canadian who went to college in the US during the middle 60's. I had classmates who died in Vietnam and some who I think died several times after the service from the memories.

I also remember well the race riots and the bigotry that came to light during the times that followed. My fear is that Trump is trying to rekindle that hatred.

zulugirl_ldn1zulugirl_ldn1over 6 years ago

What a beautiful story! I had my heart in my throat at times & even had to take a break cause it was getting too much. Thank you for this story. I wasn’t expecting to be so moved.

MSTarotMSTarotover 6 years agoAuthor
Nope

Sorry to burst your bubble of joy there Anon but it is my story. If you have seen it elsewhere it was stolen from this site.

Sources? Okay, I can do that for you

I live in the South. I grew up a decade and a half younger than the character in the story. In the same area ( I didn't mention where he's from because it's my hometown)

Let's see, I got the idea of a black maid from watching the movie Maids. I got the Marine Corp from my own families traditions. The racism I wrote about was the type I grew up seeing. The members of her family were my next door neighbors when I was a kid. Some of his family is a mixture of guys I work around and some I completely made up.

HIs car in the barn is based on my great uncle, he had one that had sat since Vietnam, untouched.

The restaurant where he and Curtis went and eat was across from a job site I was working on at the time. (Historically it did have that sign.)

The walks with a limp is from me. And all the rest of the story is built up similarly. Bits and pieces gathered into a story.

Thanks for the comment.

M.S.Tarot

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
copyright

This isn't your story. You should credit the original author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Incredible

I envy your talent. Keep sharing.

Love7903Love7903over 6 years ago
Wow!

You have a gift! I enjoyed this story very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Absolutely wonderful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I have no words for how good that was. Keep writing, you have a gift.

Would love to see this as a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Wow!

Wow! Great story and so believable! This could be on a short story literature page just as well as Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Brilliant work!

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Writing her in dialect was a bit uneven and a little distracting. Usually everyone in a region speaks with the same basic dialect. Some words or idioms may vary, but everyone's English tends to be broken in the same way. The degree depends on education. It's best to either write everyone the same unless dialect is a pivotal plot point in the story.

As to the gunnery sergeant, I know Marines who refer to them as "gunny." They were noncoms and officers themselves, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a great story.

I have never left a comment about a story before. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Speechless!

I don't have the words to describe how this story affected me. When I finished I just set in silence. I will say with words; you are one helluva writer!!! 10 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
dope

Beautiful emotional story..gat me thinking...do wat u hv to do irrespective of wat other people think

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Never call a noncom "Sir"

He should be addressed as Gunnery Sergeant. Marines use full titles, so not just Sergeant.

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Second time reading this vivid, memorable story.

I'm so grateful to you once again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good

Very good. Too good to be on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Truely the best story I've read in a long time. Gave five stars,would of gave it if they were there.

MSTarotMSTarotover 7 years agoAuthor
Soldier

by Anonymous

12/23/16

nice story but it is an insult to a Marine to be refered to as a soldier

Yes. That was exactly why Willy called him that. To show just how disgusted he was at what his younger brother had done. Basically telling him he had disgraced the uniform so much he was a "soldier" not worthy of the title Marine.

Thanks for the comment.

MST

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

nice story but it is an insult to a Marine to be refered to as a soldier

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You got it all so right

Amazing. Even the word, "pussyfooting". This story is like a time capsule.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The epitome of a heartwarming love story

...profoundly beautiful & full of emotions. 5* just aren't enough! Keep it up good sir... :)

~MD

Jtroy57Jtroy57over 7 years ago
Speechless! Thank you...

I truly cannot express the multitudes of emotions running through me as I read this story. This story contains within it a profound sadness, joy, redemption and ultimately love. I know that this site is geared towards erotic fantasy writing, but after reading this story, I can't help but wonder if this was a true account and memoir of your life. You are very gifted and it was a pleasure reading your work. I look forward to reading more from you.

With everything that has been going on in America these past few years, this story gives me hope that change eventually comes. Even though it's slow, the long arm of history eventually rights wrongs. Thank you again.

Sweet2touchSweet2touchalmost 8 years ago
Thank you!

Beautifully written!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

What a story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beautiful story

Wow, this story brought so many bottled up emotions up to the surface. Even in today's world, my wife and I still get disapproving looks from people. In the beginning, even our families disapproved, but slowly we won them over. While my wife and I went through a bunch of hardships to get where we are today, I can't even imagine what it would have been like in 1970. I honestly don't know if we could have survived that. I loved the story, the emotions, the sex scenes, everything. Great job!

xplorr94248xplorr94248about 8 years ago
I loved tis story...

It wasn't so much about the details but about he love that Maryloo and Willy /William had for each other and that they had the courage to marry and stand against the current ideals or contemporary societal situations of that time. At the end of the story I actually had some tears at what William felt about the letter from his brother and his retrospection about his life. I am a married man of 69 and married for some 36 years now. I have a black girl friend half my age that wants my child and my wife knows her and is willing that if we can Have the baby and we will all be together until I die. If necessary she will legally divorce me to give legitimacy to her and our baby while we are all still together. This child will know of the love regarding how she was born and that her or his name was chosen even before she was conceived. They will know of the love and courage of their parents in the small redneck town in N Carolina. I love my wife and I truly love my girlfriend. Thank you for your story...It kind of hit home because of the love we all feel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazing

As my name also being William (and a white person who loves black women) it was easy to relate to the story. Please write more like this. It is the best erotic story I have ever read regardless if I could relate to it or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Superb writing

A truly superb piece of writing. As a Vietnam veteran myself, if a bit older than Willy would have been, this truly captures the ethos of the time. Although I am not from the south I served with many sailors who were, and heard, before the Navy tightened up on spoken as well as physical behavior, many of the same tormented thoughts that were expressed by Willy's father. The culmination is a truly fitting and gentle climax to a painful story. All the way around, I would commend this to anyone who wants to know more about the 70s both in this country and in the military service.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

You are such an eloquent writer. An amazing piece of literature you've created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best of the Best ..

The writer makes you feel like you were there in person from start to finish.

Very moving & heart felt --- from start to finish.

He's a natural writer---- for sure ! Keep it up !!!!

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 8 years ago
Publishable

There are many good stories on the site, but few that are good enough to be published in quality venues. This is the most engaging, moving, interesting story I've read in my years on Lit. It is, without a doubt, publishable in quality short story magazines and/or contests.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brilliant

I have visited this site for YEARS, and never before have I been drawn to comment on a story.

Yours, however, was beautifully written, sensual and pulled on the heartstrings (and a few more important 'other' feelings and emotions thrown into the mix ha ha ha).

Would make a great novel- but don't do a movie, because then all of the beautiful pictures that I have drawn in my mind will get overwritten...

Thank you for this story :)

PuertorrormPuertorrormover 8 years ago
When's the movie coming out?

You really need tot think about making a full novel out of this story, this one is one for the ages.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A beautiful, gripping story

Thank you for this amazing piece of writing, a tribute to love and acceptance. I hope it is read by many.

mitchawamitchawaalmost 9 years ago
True love

An incredible love story written about a time I remember well. I lived in the north and didn't and don't know the kind of hate that existed and still exists between the races. You are a talented writer and the story contains all of the elements discussed in all of the writing texts. However, you have gone beyond the technicalities and added the emotions of the times and the love of two beautiful people. Thanks for the privilege of allowing me read such an excellent story, and I apologize for reading the story so late.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome, beautiful. Thanks

Awesome, beautiful. Thanks

BaalatErotasBaalatErotasalmost 9 years ago
*****

Raw; elegant in its simple honesty... Beautiful.

Thank you.

BE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Great read. I loved the writing, the flow of the story had me wanting to know how it would turn out in the end and i can say that im happy for how things ended.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
One of the best stories on this site

This is my second time reading it, You have true talent in writing !!!

SwillySwillyabout 9 years ago

Incredible work, MST. This was a great read and well worth the time. You should be proud.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Top Shelf

Among the best on Literotica

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thoughts re Southern Heritage

A true love story is this!!! I appreciate the direction that this story took, how it clearly defined the times of racism and two hearts that chose to defy the implications of it all... That exemplified the height of a worthy interracial love story!

I'm curious to know if the father was alive at the time of their return; what became of the mother and Jenny, and if Wm's children ever interacted with their blended family. Excellent story...looking forward to more! ! !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This is the best story i have read on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
splendid

Marvellous....story had everything. 5 stars

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8about 9 years ago
Beautiful

What a truely gifted writer you are. You had me spell bound from start to finish, amazing story. Thank you. 5 stars plus

demonmangademonmangaover 9 years ago
Beautifull

This is the second third time I read this story. A lesson is to be learnt from it even to this day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A wonderful gift

You have an extraordinary gift. This would make a wonderful LMN television movie. Your words brought joy, pride, sorrow, cheers and tears. As a Vietnam vet who learned to cross the color barrier many years ago I salute you, your characters and the subject matter.

I hope to read more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great

I thought that was great. Even made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I almost didn't take the time to...

Respond, only because all I have to say has been said 60+ times! A wonderful story does not do it justice. I was soo happy when finally he reached over to touch Maryloo's hand upon arriving home at the end. Please keep writing! I, being a white female have seen, witnessed more than my fair share of racism in the deep South & midwest...& this story just makes me want to fight even harder for tolerance; as that is the first step.

sugarrbabesugarrbabeover 9 years ago
Words cannot express....

...the greatness of your story. I like the fact that you've proven literotica doesn't have to always be about sex but about love. Some of it was hard to read from an African American stand point but that's how it was and sometimes still is; you can't help who you love and in some ways love does conquer all...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Tears

Just...thank you. Okay. Wow. Many will praise you for this story and you deserve it. Many(including me) will thank you for this story and you deserve it. Makes you think. I think I am going to hug my mom and dad and sister and thank them for being them. Wow. I would hug you too if I could but that ain't manly.

Sincerely, Payenbrant

cherie93cherie93almost 10 years ago
Wow

I am not only amazed, but simply appalled by how absolutely stupendous this story was. God, there are no words to fully describe it. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful story

So well done: great plot development, real fleshed-out characters, great tension, all-around superb. (All except for the editing. )

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 10 years ago
Very nice.

I really enjoyed this love story, I truly loved the characters you built in this story and how you brought them to life. While the issues of southern american racism are not entirely unknown to me the emotions that come with them are foreign to me so the impact of that within this story didn't touch me as it might have others. having said that the internal family resentments and struggles on an ideological basis did in other ways. So well done, I am glad you suggested this one.

Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 10 years ago
what a Fable .....

MSTarot ...!!!!!! Wow !!!!!! High - Fived !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent !!!

A truly touching story...a nice blow to racism ...keep on writing... :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A marvelous story!

Courage! Sensitivity! Vision!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
:)

What a beautiful story. I love that the relationships with all the characters are also well-developed, not just between the lovers. Well done

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

If I didn't already have you listed as a favorite author, this story alone would do it. Amazing.

quandomquandomabout 10 years ago
Praise

Very nicely written .Well done

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
This is the only thing I can say.

This was the most wonderful tale I've ever read. Thank you. :)

5 HUGE Stars!

smc331smc331about 10 years ago
Outstanding.

Now that was a love story...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous