All Comments on 'Southern Heritage'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 147 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
*****

Five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story!

I really enjoyed this story! Five stars from me! By chance, is this based on a true story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW!

This was a wonderful heartfelt story! 5* no brainer!

CherrypeachCherrypeachover 10 years ago
Poignant, breathe taking, fulfilling

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1,000,000,000,000 *********************!!!!!

Love, passion, friendship, family, patriotism, hatred, forgiveness, compassion, soul meltingly beautiful. It was read like a movie playing in my head. I'm honored to have read your work. Thank you. (Tears)

symtronsymtronover 10 years ago
A big lump in my throat....

I know this is a site for erotica, and well written erotica at that. (not unlike my scribblings here) This .........Wow!!! is not enough of a exclamation of my thoughts and feelings at this moment. Never have I read a story of love and a love that is forbidden with so much emotion and emphathy as this one.

I fell in love with another race late 70's early 80's and we realized that we were not brave enough to allow that love to carry us... After 35 yrs we reconnected and this time we realized that while we're now married to others, we still are connected and we'll never realize the joy of holding each other again...we agreed to not contact each other again...

This story raised all those issues for me again and so I know the emotions the characters were showing in this story..

Thanks

debdivinedebdivineover 10 years ago
loved it!

i have only one correction: once a marine, always a marine! ;)

this tore my heart into pieces and then stitched it back up again. five stars! great job!!

paradise71paradise71over 10 years ago
Wonderful!

I have never read better! Thank you for this!

flowerbloomflowerbloomover 10 years ago
Lovely

This is writing at it's finest, how you draw the readers into the story is amazing. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BRILLIANT

Pure magic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Absolutely Beautiful

One of the best stories on Literotica, or anywhere else.

AMHJ89AMHJ89over 10 years ago

You saw beyond the color of skin to the beauty he placed in the warmth of her heart.... that was the most profoundly beautiful thing I've ever seen in print and that's coming from an extreme cynic, those words really resonated..wow

DontQuitYourDayJobDontQuitYourDayJobover 10 years ago
Beautiful story

You know it's a great story when you begin to deeply care about the characters. Bravo. A story for the ages. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

How very fitting that your story would be published on Veteran's Day. The love between Willy and Curtis reminded me of the love I had with my brothers from that terrible war. Even though I haven't seen many of them in more than 45 years, I think about them all the time, especially today. I'm glad this story was more about love than sex and that it had a happy ending.

A remarkable story and I loved it. You have the gift.

que_seraque_seraover 10 years ago
We need more stories like this...

This was phenomenal. Your writing is perfection. Thank you for writing such a beautiful piece of literature that described an interracial story (bw/wm) with passion and undeniable love. I hated to see it end. Hats off to you.

willo_wispwillo_wispover 10 years ago
Simply amazing.

Wonderful, wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Brilliant

An absolutely brilliant story. So well written. It evoked perfectly the South of the 60s and 70s. Not only in war do you have to be brave but also in love!

Ali Ahmad, Perth, Western Australia

AJPhynnAJPhynnover 10 years ago
Just Beautiful...

I swear you just get better and better. Thanks you for such a wonderful, heartening story

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Fuck this story was bad. Go home Willy. How anyone can even say it was half decent is ridiculous. Stop writing and get a life.

owengreybeardowengreybeardover 10 years ago
Sometimes anonymous means coward.

I had to read this in sections, because the love and the drama had me a little concerned about the outcome. And that's amazing. Ignore the haters and just do what you do. Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

Extremly well written and warm

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
From One Southerner To Another...

Was this story partly biographical?

This story COMPLETELY shocked me! I was NOT expecting it to end well to be quite honest. I am reminded of the story about Richard & Mildred Loving. The couple that got the Supreme Court to rule against anti-interracial marriage laws.

As a Black woman that's dated 4 White men in Arkansas, sometimes I feel like the events in this story still ring true. I gave up. I could no longer fight against the haters--family, friends, & foes. This story gives me hope for those still willing to take the risks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Love the story, could not stop reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Love it

Simply beautiful thank you

cherryontop1973cherryontop1973over 10 years ago
Quietly powerful.

What wonderful character development you delivered in this story. I loved the historical lushness, the attention to detail and the warmth that remained consistent in the voice of your story. Wow... Just wow,

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Heartwarming

Took me back to those times & brought out a lot of old memories, both of the war and, later, living in the South. Well written - THANKS!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Some minor flaws

One, Marines are called Marines. Soldiers are in the Army. Please don't mix them up because Marines take that personally. Two, a service pistol of the time was probably a 1911 semi-automatic pistol in .45 ACP caliber, not a revolver. Third, the BDU uniform didn't come into use until the 1980's. Before that, the Marines used an OD (olive drab colored) fatigue uniform which they called "utilities".

LJ215LJ215over 10 years ago

This story was simply beautiful.... I had tears streaming down my face also as he read his brothers letter....please continue to write!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great!!!

Roll Tide Baby!!! This story is great!!! I need to to find me a white ASAP. It's hard to find a southern that are attracted to black women like Willy Boy, especially in Birmingham.

brownskinnedcutiebrownskinnedcutieover 10 years ago
Awesome!!

Wow, that was powerful! You evoke anger when you wrote about those times. WILLIE gave up his family for the love of Maryloo and was happy for a lifetime! Tommy apologized it was sweet even if it was posthumously. You are an amazing writer!

quietman200quietman200over 10 years ago
Loved it!

I'm gonna get the bad out of the way first. You need to get your editor to help you a lot more. There were many misspellings and misusages. You jumped back and forth from past to present tensean sometimes in the same sentence. Your use of the vernacular within the dialogue was good, but don't use it in the narrative. I found myself distracted by these things much of the time.

That said, the story itself was great! It was one of the most touching stories I've read in a long time. I too thought it wasn't going to end well. I thought early on the other grave Willy spoke of might be Maryloo's. The climax with the letter was easy to see coming but still no less touching for that. Having a fondness for women of color myself, I especially enjoy bw/wm stories, and this was one my favorites. You made the reader care what happened to the characters. I hope you do get it reedited because I'd love to read it when you do.

MSTarotMSTarotover 10 years agoAuthor
soldier

That was done by his older brother intentionally. Willy was using the word soldier to show his contempt for the disrespect his younger brother had show the salute he offered.

The pistol was one his father picked up, not his issued weapon. That was what I had in mind anyway. I read that the marines in WWII would often replace issued weapons with what they could find. Should have explained that better.

Didn't know about the uniform.

Thank you all for your comments.

lucianloverlucianloverover 10 years ago
Wow............

*****

MsGingerMsGingerover 10 years ago
touching

The sentiment and character development in this story were good enough that I was able to overlook the changes in tense and other small errors that usually make me crazy. Thank you for a touching story of love and courage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This was not at all what I was looking for on Literotica. I was looking for a fun racy story. This definitely wasn't it, but it is a good story, and I enjoyed reading it.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Powerful story

Not the usual holiday story on this site, but it has an imaginative plot. You've described a time that most of us would not want to return to.

Good luck in the holiday contest.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Why must you always make me cry?

This was beautiful, interesting, thought-provoking. A truly wonderful story, MST.

Stormn624Stormn624over 10 years ago
Fabulous

Above and beyond the quality of anything usually found on this site

MsTaylorMsTaylorover 10 years ago

Loved it!!Wish i could do more than 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
keeping it real

You got the tone of the times perfectly. Only when you put your ass on the line for the others, does the superficial issue of race fade away. when you see each other as brothers, color doesn't matter anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful

Beyond the typos, a wonderful telling of an issue still ongoing.

Iluv2rdIluv2rdover 10 years ago
Speechless!!!

No words. This was beautiful. Your responses on here are about 98% positive. That is rare on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This..

You are far possibly the most emotionally deep and enchanting writer I have ever seen on this site, thank you for writing this amazing story..

TwilightDesireTwilightDesireabout 10 years ago
Very Inspiring..

I loved this story enjoyed it to the fullest it was amazing thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
From the Heart

Due to the feelings of others,towards colored "hell we're all colored" I dislike people who can not see past it.Every one has red blood,every on has feelings.Most dislike colored because of their parents attitudes .I can only wish people can be seen as just that ! people.

Beautiful story Thank you.

driver3p@hotmail.com

AriesPantherAriesPantherabout 10 years ago
Wonderful

Emotional Moving a Wonderful story which had me in tears

Thank You

smc331smc331about 10 years ago
Outstanding.

Now that was a love story...

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
This is the only thing I can say.

This was the most wonderful tale I've ever read. Thank you. :)

5 HUGE Stars!

quandomquandomabout 10 years ago
Praise

Very nicely written .Well done

bearsladybearsladyalmost 10 years ago

If I didn't already have you listed as a favorite author, this story alone would do it. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
:)

What a beautiful story. I love that the relationships with all the characters are also well-developed, not just between the lovers. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A marvelous story!

Courage! Sensitivity! Vision!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent !!!

A truly touching story...a nice blow to racism ...keep on writing... :-)

Ashesh9Ashesh9almost 10 years ago
what a Fable .....

MSTarot ...!!!!!! Wow !!!!!! High - Fived !!!

xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 10 years ago
Very nice.

I really enjoyed this love story, I truly loved the characters you built in this story and how you brought them to life. While the issues of southern american racism are not entirely unknown to me the emotions that come with them are foreign to me so the impact of that within this story didn't touch me as it might have others. having said that the internal family resentments and struggles on an ideological basis did in other ways. So well done, I am glad you suggested this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful story

So well done: great plot development, real fleshed-out characters, great tension, all-around superb. (All except for the editing. )

cherie93cherie93over 9 years ago
Wow

I am not only amazed, but simply appalled by how absolutely stupendous this story was. God, there are no words to fully describe it. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Tears

Just...thank you. Okay. Wow. Many will praise you for this story and you deserve it. Many(including me) will thank you for this story and you deserve it. Makes you think. I think I am going to hug my mom and dad and sister and thank them for being them. Wow. I would hug you too if I could but that ain't manly.

Sincerely, Payenbrant

sugarrbabesugarrbabeover 9 years ago
Words cannot express....

...the greatness of your story. I like the fact that you've proven literotica doesn't have to always be about sex but about love. Some of it was hard to read from an African American stand point but that's how it was and sometimes still is; you can't help who you love and in some ways love does conquer all...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I almost didn't take the time to...

Respond, only because all I have to say has been said 60+ times! A wonderful story does not do it justice. I was soo happy when finally he reached over to touch Maryloo's hand upon arriving home at the end. Please keep writing! I, being a white female have seen, witnessed more than my fair share of racism in the deep South & midwest...& this story just makes me want to fight even harder for tolerance; as that is the first step.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great

I thought that was great. Even made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A wonderful gift

You have an extraordinary gift. This would make a wonderful LMN television movie. Your words brought joy, pride, sorrow, cheers and tears. As a Vietnam vet who learned to cross the color barrier many years ago I salute you, your characters and the subject matter.

I hope to read more.

demonmangademonmangaabout 9 years ago
Beautifull

This is the second third time I read this story. A lesson is to be learnt from it even to this day.

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8about 9 years ago
Beautiful

What a truely gifted writer you are. You had me spell bound from start to finish, amazing story. Thank you. 5 stars plus

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
splendid

Marvellous....story had everything. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This is the best story i have read on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thoughts re Southern Heritage

A true love story is this!!! I appreciate the direction that this story took, how it clearly defined the times of racism and two hearts that chose to defy the implications of it all... That exemplified the height of a worthy interracial love story!

I'm curious to know if the father was alive at the time of their return; what became of the mother and Jenny, and if Wm's children ever interacted with their blended family. Excellent story...looking forward to more! ! !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Top Shelf

Among the best on Literotica

SwillySwillyabout 9 years ago

Incredible work, MST. This was a great read and well worth the time. You should be proud.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of the best stories on this site

This is my second time reading it, You have true talent in writing !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Great read. I loved the writing, the flow of the story had me wanting to know how it would turn out in the end and i can say that im happy for how things ended.

BaalatErotasBaalatErotasalmost 9 years ago
*****

Raw; elegant in its simple honesty... Beautiful.

Thank you.

BE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome, beautiful. Thanks

Awesome, beautiful. Thanks

mitchawamitchawaalmost 9 years ago
True love

An incredible love story written about a time I remember well. I lived in the north and didn't and don't know the kind of hate that existed and still exists between the races. You are a talented writer and the story contains all of the elements discussed in all of the writing texts. However, you have gone beyond the technicalities and added the emotions of the times and the love of two beautiful people. Thanks for the privilege of allowing me read such an excellent story, and I apologize for reading the story so late.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A beautiful, gripping story

Thank you for this amazing piece of writing, a tribute to love and acceptance. I hope it is read by many.

PuertorrormPuertorrormover 8 years ago
When's the movie coming out?

You really need tot think about making a full novel out of this story, this one is one for the ages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brilliant

I have visited this site for YEARS, and never before have I been drawn to comment on a story.

Yours, however, was beautifully written, sensual and pulled on the heartstrings (and a few more important 'other' feelings and emotions thrown into the mix ha ha ha).

Would make a great novel- but don't do a movie, because then all of the beautiful pictures that I have drawn in my mind will get overwritten...

Thank you for this story :)

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 8 years ago
Publishable

There are many good stories on the site, but few that are good enough to be published in quality venues. This is the most engaging, moving, interesting story I've read in my years on Lit. It is, without a doubt, publishable in quality short story magazines and/or contests.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best of the Best ..

The writer makes you feel like you were there in person from start to finish.

Very moving & heart felt --- from start to finish.

He's a natural writer---- for sure ! Keep it up !!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

You are such an eloquent writer. An amazing piece of literature you've created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Superb writing

A truly superb piece of writing. As a Vietnam veteran myself, if a bit older than Willy would have been, this truly captures the ethos of the time. Although I am not from the south I served with many sailors who were, and heard, before the Navy tightened up on spoken as well as physical behavior, many of the same tormented thoughts that were expressed by Willy's father. The culmination is a truly fitting and gentle climax to a painful story. All the way around, I would commend this to anyone who wants to know more about the 70s both in this country and in the military service.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazing

As my name also being William (and a white person who loves black women) it was easy to relate to the story. Please write more like this. It is the best erotic story I have ever read regardless if I could relate to it or not.

xplorr94248xplorr94248about 8 years ago
I loved tis story...

It wasn't so much about the details but about he love that Maryloo and Willy /William had for each other and that they had the courage to marry and stand against the current ideals or contemporary societal situations of that time. At the end of the story I actually had some tears at what William felt about the letter from his brother and his retrospection about his life. I am a married man of 69 and married for some 36 years now. I have a black girl friend half my age that wants my child and my wife knows her and is willing that if we can Have the baby and we will all be together until I die. If necessary she will legally divorce me to give legitimacy to her and our baby while we are all still together. This child will know of the love regarding how she was born and that her or his name was chosen even before she was conceived. They will know of the love and courage of their parents in the small redneck town in N Carolina. I love my wife and I truly love my girlfriend. Thank you for your story...It kind of hit home because of the love we all feel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beautiful story

Wow, this story brought so many bottled up emotions up to the surface. Even in today's world, my wife and I still get disapproving looks from people. In the beginning, even our families disapproved, but slowly we won them over. While my wife and I went through a bunch of hardships to get where we are today, I can't even imagine what it would have been like in 1970. I honestly don't know if we could have survived that. I loved the story, the emotions, the sex scenes, everything. Great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

What a story

Sweet2touchSweet2touchalmost 8 years ago
Thank you!

Beautifully written!

Jtroy57Jtroy57over 7 years ago
Speechless! Thank you...

I truly cannot express the multitudes of emotions running through me as I read this story. This story contains within it a profound sadness, joy, redemption and ultimately love. I know that this site is geared towards erotic fantasy writing, but after reading this story, I can't help but wonder if this was a true account and memoir of your life. You are very gifted and it was a pleasure reading your work. I look forward to reading more from you.

With everything that has been going on in America these past few years, this story gives me hope that change eventually comes. Even though it's slow, the long arm of history eventually rights wrongs. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The epitome of a heartwarming love story

...profoundly beautiful & full of emotions. 5* just aren't enough! Keep it up good sir... :)

~MD

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You got it all so right

Amazing. Even the word, "pussyfooting". This story is like a time capsule.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

nice story but it is an insult to a Marine to be refered to as a soldier

MSTarotMSTarotover 7 years agoAuthor
Soldier

by Anonymous

12/23/16

nice story but it is an insult to a Marine to be refered to as a soldier

Yes. That was exactly why Willy called him that. To show just how disgusted he was at what his younger brother had done. Basically telling him he had disgraced the uniform so much he was a "soldier" not worthy of the title Marine.

Thanks for the comment.

MST

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Truely the best story I've read in a long time. Gave five stars,would of gave it if they were there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good

Very good. Too good to be on here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Second time reading this vivid, memorable story.

I'm so grateful to you once again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Never call a noncom "Sir"

He should be addressed as Gunnery Sergeant. Marines use full titles, so not just Sergeant.

Great story. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
dope

Beautiful emotional story..gat me thinking...do wat u hv to do irrespective of wat other people think

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Speechless!

I don't have the words to describe how this story affected me. When I finished I just set in silence. I will say with words; you are one helluva writer!!! 10 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
What a great story.

I have never left a comment about a story before. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed reading it.

Thanks

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous