Southern Tide Vol. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cat and Kiara smiled at his compliment and introduced themselves.

"It's a pleasure to meet you ladies. Make yourselves at home. Me and the boys are going to take good care of you. One of you has a little boy, am I right?"

"Yes, he's with Brian in the stable." Kiara said.

"In that case, he'll be having a lot of fun. I taught Brian and Dale how to ride when they were kids. Ain't that right boy?" John asked Dale and nudged him with an elbow.

"Yeah, yeah." Dale said shyly, while he still supported their luggage.

"Well Come on, I'll set you up Kiara. I have a room ready for you and your son."

"Okay" Kiara said, but then she turned to Cat with a concerned look. "You gonna be okay?"

Cat smiled and nodded. Kiara returned the smiled, and proceeded to follow John to her room.

"Come on Cat. I'll show you your room." Dale said.

This was it. She was alone with him now and as she followed him, she prayed that she would be able to keep her emotions under strict control. From the looks of it, accomplishing this might be one hell of a task. Dale had been quiet as he led her to where she would be staying, and didn't say a word until they were behind closed doors.

"Cat?" he asked, as he lay her bags on the carpeted floor.

"Yeah." she answered quietly.

"Do you mind if I talk to you?"

"No. I don't mind"

"I'm really sorry. I know I said it over the phone...but I had to apologize personally."

"It's alright." she said, not meeting his eyes.

She was slightly embarrassed, although she had no idea why.

"I acted like a jerk and I paid for it." he continued. "You left me and I was miserable again. Before you, my life was going downhill. I drank and I barely spoke to anybody. But then you came and everything changed. I was happy...and almost ready to move on."

"I was happy too. I just..."

"You didn't notice Cat...and maybe if you did you would've stayed." He said and he held up his bare left hand for her to see.

"Oh God Dale...I don't know what to say."

The wedding band was gone; nowhere in sight. Only pale white marked the area of where the ring had once been.

"Just tell me how you really feel. Curse me out Cat. Hit me. Yell at me. I know you were angry and hurt because I didn't defend you."

"Dale I..." and she couldn't hold it in any longer.

Hot tears streamed down her face and she looked down at her hands in shame, for letting him see her break down. While she had cried a few times after the incident, it seemed that the tears flowing right now were truly what she meant to unleash. Maybe it was because a part of her never did believed his apology in the first place. Now he showed her something that she'd never expected, and she couldn't stop herself from crying. She felt heartache and happiness all at the once.

"Oh baby girl, I never wanted to hurt you." he said and sat down next to her, where she'd slumped on the bed. "Back then I was only worried about being satisfied, and I didn't consider your feelings. When you never came back...it hit home. I was being selfish. Maybe all that needed to happen, so I could see how important you are to me. I want to be with you Cat. I don't care what anybody thinks of us being together."

"Do you really mean that?" she sniffled. "Because I'm tired of being humiliated. If it happens again, I won't be coming back. I'd rather be alone than have someone embarrassed of me. I've been alone for years...for that same reason. It's happened too many times."

"You will never have to worry about that Cat. I give you my word."

"It's going to take me a little time to get past it Dale...but thank you for talking to me." she said, wiping her tears away.

"I'll wait as long as I have to babe. Can you just give me another chance? I promise I won't hurt you. Please?"

She looked into his eyes, and she couldn't deny it. He had captured her heart, and it didn't matter that she fought to stifle her feelings. It was too late.

"Alright." She said, finally looking into his eyes.

He was beautiful and the sincerity in his expression melted her heart. Dale smiled warmly and kissed her wet cheek.

"Thank you babe. Now, why don't we get you some tissues to wipe your face? Kiara will murder me if she sees you crying."

Cat couldn't help but laugh. He was absolutely right.

Cat and Kiara sat down under the shade of a large Red Oak tree, in front of the estate. Cat was finally relaxed enough to appreciate the beauty of the countryside, as well as their living quarters. Judging from the number of furnished rooms, she concluded that Dale and John had once been part of a large family. The house consisted of eight bedrooms, a large kitchen and dining hall, a living room furnished with both modern furniture as well as antiques, and four bathrooms; each located in various areas of the house. To say the least, the house was beautiful, but she also felt sadness here; sadness for Dale and John. This beautiful home seemed lonely, especially with John being the only one living here.

She tried to keep this observation at bay, however. As much as she knew about Dale's past, their being here would probably bring a little life back into the ranch. For both John's and Dale's sake, she would leave the negativity behind.

She and Kiara watched as both Brian and Joshua rode back and forth on the back of one of the stallions. Brian had Joshua in his arms, and protectively held on to him while they galloped along the grassy floor of the prairie. Joshua, who had never ridden before, was ecstatic and having the time of his life.

Kiara smiled at the little spectacle, and Cat was glad that Brian was showing a different side to his personality. Maybe he wasn't all bad.

"I haven't seen Josh this happy in a long time." Kiara smiled.

"I know right? I don't think he'll ever want to come down." Cat giggled. "You still speak to his dad?"

"Barely...but it's for the best. I'm...we're better off without that cheating fucker."

"Yeah...I hear you!"

"It's so beautiful here. I wish I could afford to live out here with Josh. The fresh air and the open land. It's so peaceful out here. We'd love it."

"Maybe you can keep coming back with me. Dale and I kind of talked things over."

"Yeah? What happened?"

"He took his ring off...and he wants to be with me. So he says."

"Go girl!" Kiara exclaimed."

"It almost feels too good to be true."

"Cat shut up! After all that happened...how is any of this too good to be true? If everything was perfect from the beginning, then I'd say yup...too good to be true. But no, not even close. Just be happy you got a man now."

"Sucks that you don't."

"I'm good honey." Kiara smiled, as she Brian and Joshua galloped past them.

Joshua waved at her enthusiastically and she waved back. Brian looked happy as well, and gave the impression that he and Joshua hadn't just met this morning.

"You know Marlboro man is kinda cute." Kiara said, cocking her head in Brian's direction.

"Uh-oh! Somebody's got a crush!" Cat teased.

"He's alright." Kiara replied bashfully. "I mean he can't be all that bad if Joshua likes him. Let's just hope the asshole doesn't come out."

Both women laughed, and continued to watch both the cowboy, and the kid.

Later that evening...

Dale broke out the fireworks and lit up the night sky for everyone's enjoyment. Joshua was amazed at all of this, and he even asked Kiara if they could live on the ranch. Despite the past pains, everyone was having a good time. The barbeque was stationed under that same Oak tree, where Cat and Kiara had sat earlier.

The atmosphere was rich with good food, drinks and pleasant conversation. John told the ladies about his life on the ranch, his deceased wife, and even funny stories about Dale and Brian when they were growing up. He was a very kind man and Cat could recognized where Dale got his values from. She was glad that she'd made the decision to come to the ranch. She would have missed out on all of this had she chosen otherwise.

Brian now stood at the grill, flipping the last of his seasoned burgers, with a cold beer in hand. It was getting late, and John had just turned in for the night. Brian had opted to do all the cooking instead of Dale, and the ladies discovered that he was quite good at grilling. Apart from the burgers, he grilled a few steaks, garlic shrimp skewers, a full rack of ribs, and chicken wings. Kiara seemed impressed and Joshua, having eaten his fill, fell asleep in her lap.

"Hey Marlboro man...you make a mean burger!" Kiara complimented Brian.

"Oh I'm Marlboro man now? What happened to "asshole?" Brian smirked in front of the grill.

"Well I can't call you that in front of Joshua. But hey if you prefer asshole, I can do that."

Brian laughed and shook his head. Cat winked at Kiara and gave her a sly smile. It was obvious that the two were beginning to get along, and she wondered who would give in first. Both of them had been taking cheap shots at each other for most of the day, yet there was this playfulness about it. Cat never expect things to go so smoothly. She never thought that she would be comfortable around Brian either, but he was starting to show promise.

Dale had gone into the house, but he soon approached with a case of beer and a bottle of vodka.

"Whoa, are we getting wasted tonight?" Cat smiled.

"Yup. We gotta celebrate, because you came back." and he kissed her lips.

"Aye aye...don't be doin' that in front of a single man!" Brian yelled.

Cat giggled bashfully, while Kiara just shook her head at the blonde cowboy.

"I think a toast is in order." Dale said handing each of them a beer. "To good friends, second chances...and getting my baby back!"

"Cheers!" they all said in unison.

Dale sat next to Cat and took her into his arms. Cat felt safe with him. Of course, she still had those nagging thoughts in the back of her mind, but Dale was trying hard to make things right. It would take some time for her to completely give in, but things were starting to look up. She had good people around her...well almost. She wasn't sure about Brian, but she would give him some slack. Kiara was there to keep him in check, and she wasn't too worried.

Brian finally finished the burgers and sat on the opposite side of the table from Kiara. Cat watched them in amusement. She could tell that Brian had taken a liking to Kiara, but he was probably intimidated by her. Still, he put on a brave face. "Let me take him inside Kiara." Brian said, looking at the sleeping Joshua.

"He's kind of heavy. I've got him." Kiara smiled.

"No it's alright. You need a break. I'll take him in."

Brian got up and took Joshua from her arms. He proceeded inside with Joshua, resting soundly on his shoulder.

"That was nice of him." Cat said.

Kiara only laughed, probably because she felt a little embarrassed.

"So how do you like Brian?" Dale asked her. "He's not that bad a guy you know."

"Well...if he hadn't said those things about Cat, I wouldn't have gotten so loud with him." Kiara responded.

"I understand. He was going through a bad breakup though. I don't think he really meant to say those things. He's just used to dating a certain type."

"That's no excuse."

"I know...but I feel bad for the guy."

"Fine...I guess you're trying to tell me be nice to him. I'll behave. As long as he does the same."

"He's good with Josh? That's something right?"

"Yea I guess."

"I think he likes you though."

"What makes you say that?"

"Well he's been looking at you all day. Guess you didn't notice with Joshua running around."

"Nah I don't think so." Kiara smiled sheepishly.

"I saw it too Ki." Cat smiled.

"Maybe." Kiara said and her eyes shifted to Brian who was on his way back.

"Maybe I can hook y'all up." Dale winked.

"Hold on cowboy! I need to think about this." Kiara protested.

"Alright, alright. Your call. Just saying, Josh really likes him." Dale urged.

"What're y'all talkin' about?" Brian asked, as they all went quiet once he got close.

"Nuthin'." Dale replied.

"I don't believe that, but whatever. She was makin' fun of me huh?" Brian asked with a slight frown.

"Calm down Marlboro man. I'll take another burger." Kiara said.

"People just don't know how to say please anymore." Brian shot back.

"I'm your guest cowboy." Kiara replied. "Food now!"

Cat lay back in bed thinking about Dale. From her window she had seen him outside with Brian, cleaning up after the barbecue. She and Kiara had gone in first to shower since the men insisted that they didn't need any help. They had been perfect gentlemen the whole time and she and Kiara were starting to loosen up around them.

Cat couldn't bear to be away from Dale. He'd showed her much affection in front of Brian and John, without a pinch of shame. Maybe everything would work out. At least that's what she tried to tell herself. Just then, her cell phone went off. It was a text from Dale, asking if he could come see her. She thought about it for a few seconds and then texted a 'yes'.

It was extremely quiet in the house now, because everyone had gone to bed. Dale and Brain were most likely the only ones walking through the house and after a few minutes, she heard Dale's footsteps approaching. He gently tapped on the door and she called for him to come in. The lights were off but the moonlight shone brightly through her open window. His musky scent reached her nostrils first, then she was enticed with the vision of his muscular body approaching the bed. He had on a white tank and blue jeans and she wanted all of it to come off... but she would let him take the lead. She still didn't want to seem too eager.

"Hey baby." he whispered.

"Hi."

"I missed you." he said as he crept into bed with her.

He put his arms around her and they lay side by side.

"Did you have fun tonight?"

"Yeah. I'm glad I came. Your uncle made me feel very at home. I didn't expect any of that."

"Well he likes you. He told me so himself. He wants you and Kiara to come back next week. It's his 50th birthday."

"Really?" she smiled.

"I don't know...I told him that I want you all to myself!"

"Don't be like that. Maybe he can tell me more embarrassing stories about you at the party." she teased.

"Aww man. You'd like that wouldn't you baby girl?"

"Yup."

"Alright but you're all mine after that."

"I'll think about it." she smiled.

Finally he moved in to kiss her lips. As their lips met his hand slipped under her panties and over her buttocks to grip her soft flesh. Cat could taste the beer on his lips, but she found him delicious and leaned in to the kiss. Even now he was gentle with her and lapped at her tongue slowly, savoring this long overdue kiss. She couldn't contain herself. Just the feel of his hands gliding over her bare skin was enough to drench her panties.

"God I missed you baby." he whispered against her lips.

"I missed you too Dale."

She couldn't control her need for him. His touch made every negative thought dissolve into a fierce wanting...or was it a need? She didn't know, but all rational thought had flown out the window. She found herself whispering "Make love to me."

He stopped in his tracks and looked into her eyes.

"Are you sure? I mean I can wait. I just wanted to be next to you tonight. We don't have to do anything now."

"I know but I want you ...I can't help it. Do...you want me?" she asked, readying herself for rejection.

"Cat you know I do. I just want to be careful. I'm not going to lose you again. I'll do anything to make you happy." and he kissed her hand as he spoke.

"Then make love to me."

"I wanted to take you home with me...after tonight. I want to take you out to dinner tomorrow. All this can wait till after."

"I don't wanna wait. You got me so wet." she whispered as she caressed his stubbly chin.

"And I would lick you dry baby. You have no idea."

"So then make love to me now. Please?"

"I don't know babe...how about you just wait a longer?"

"You didn't wait when I was unconscious." she pouted.

He let go of her hand suddenly and sighed.

"I'm sorry about that Cat. I couldn't help myself. You're gorgeous baby. Are you mad that I touched you?"

"Well...no. I wanted you too. I just didn't think that you would like me."

"Are you kidding? Ever since I saw you I was attracted to you." and he dipped his head to the curve of her breast.

"Mmm." she moaned, as he kissed her nipple through the fabric of her tank top. "Please Dale?"

He didn't answer and continued to kiss the soft orbs.

"Tell you what gorgeous. I promise I'll give you anything you want....just wait a little longer okay. I want the time and place to be right. Alright?"

She sighed, "Fine...but I don't appreciate this tease."

"Can I spend the night with you?"

"Umm...how about we wait?" she replied sarcastically.

"Oh...okay." and he got up to leave, only to be pulled down by Cat.

"I'm kidding. You can't leave me till I say so."

"Yes Ma'am." he smiled.

Dale pulled his chair up to Cat's while they ate their main courses. Dale had taken her out to a restaurant the next day, and he requested, she wore the dress and bangle to their date. She suspected that this had been his plan all along, and was both anxious and interested in seeing how their night would turn out.

Cat had left Kiara behind, since Dale offered to drive her back home. He made it known that he wanted to discuss some things with Cat privately, and that she was surely in good hands. Kiara, being happier for Cat than skeptical of Dale, never gave him a hard time. In fact she even complimented them as they left the ranch, both dressed formally, and ready to go on their first official date.

He had taken her to Ristorante Italiano; one of his favorite Italian restaurants. He hadn't visited the place for quite some time, but that was to be expected. The restaurant was one of those authentic Italian eateries, which resembled almost every upscale restaurant boasting authentic Italian cuisine. The décor was simple, yet very elegant.

The staple red dining cloths lining their rounded tables, supported ivory tapered candles, bouquets of red and white geraniums and a series of crystal wine glasses, ready for immediate use. The tables for two were arranged for each diner to sit on the opposite ends of the tables, however Dale asked their waitress if whether he might pull his chair next to Cat's. The woman laughed, and told him that it wouldn't be a problem. Cat stared at him in disbelief, but he only grinned as he pulled his chair towards her.

"Why are you looking at me like that babe?" he asked, with that beautiful smile of his.

Cat never got tired of seeing it. She couldn't imagine him as the depressed man everyone knew him to be. He was completely changed, and she hoped that their relationship would succeed.

"Because..." she said. "Won't people find it strange that you're so close to me?"

"I don't care about what anyone thinks Cat. Do you want me to move back?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"No, I just..." and Dale lifted her chin, and gently kissed her soft mouth.

"I always want to be close to you. I don't care where we are." he whispered.

"Thank you sweetie...for taking me out. I've never been on a proper date before." she admitted.

"No problem baby. I told you that I had plans for us, when you got here."

"Yes, I remember."

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something. I'm a little nervous honestly."

"Don't be nervous around me. I think I'm the one who's supposed to be nervous here."

"So...you feel uncomfortable with me?"

"I wouldn't say uncomfortable. Just cautious, I guess." she shrugged.

"If we're going to move forward, we can't have you feeling like that."

"I'll probably get over it."

"I will make you feel better, if it's that last thing I do."

1...456789