All Comments on 'Special Weapons and Tactics Ch. 06'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WTF?!?

I quit reading this story, it's just makes the ex-husband look like a total idiot. Susan isn't worth the air she breaths. He left the state and she followed bringing her shit and stupidity with her. Fuck that 1*

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Reads like upscale, hi-tech hybrid of 'Deliverance ' and ' Die Hard '

Straight-arrow, brave and upright SWAT captain's estranged wife ( 2 seperate times )snatched and successively soiled first by son and then father/feckless leader of hi-tech theft ring who headquarter in swamp. I read with gorilla's knuckle of salt and enjoyed it. Bruce Willis is a made man because there is a core subset went to those D.H. sequels and then bought the DVD.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
One chapter just to explain the end of the previous one...

One chapter just to explain the end of the previous one...Let's wait and see how the author decide the future of this couple...3* for now

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Only 3 Stars This Time

Mainly because you left Susan in jeopardy at the end of Ch 5 (with no explanation then of how she got there), and now another whole chapter and she's STILL there!

Some parts of this should have been in Ch 5 showing how she got there, and been replaced here with her rescue or whatever resolution you have planned.

“Don't go with cops or anyone else anywhere alone. OK?" – So what’s she doing going to the mall alone? (Her daughter doesn’t count!). Yes, she WAS being watched, but SHE didn't know that! And they didn’t include a woman to go to the restroom with her?

“we couldn't follow her into the restroom." – No, but you could have followed her TO the restroom ans waited outside for her!

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
Fantastic story

I'm a bit curious as to how this ends. I thought after your last chapter, Susan would end up killing herself, now I am clueless. My kudos to you. This has been a very intriguing story. Thanks for writing it.

maninconnmaninconnabout 8 years ago
Nicely done

I'm ready for the last chapter, and the Movie version. I think Gigi and Frenchie would be a great spinoff story!

gara5289gara5289about 8 years ago

Like the story as a whole but most of this chapter felt like filler.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 8 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing.

looking4itlooking4itabout 8 years ago

Two things:

I'm glad this isn't going to last forever. It's good but when you look back I think you will find you could have told this story in half the time.

I'm also glad you've stopped being so detailed about the SWAT missions. Not sure if you were trying to build some credence with your story or yourself but intricate details of a profession is usually lost on laymen.

korba76korba76about 8 years ago
It isn't so much...

... a matter of having to wait, as it is that one loses track of the tale between postings.

If it is necessary to have such long intervals, perhaps a recap of the dramatis personae and an update at the beginning of each installment would help.

You have a large number of characters, with several lines in play, and it is easy to lose track over a long interval.

That said, good work! Interesting, pretty much believable characters, and paced well enough to keep up interest...

Thank you for your efforts!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

In the third last paragraph Jenny enters the restroom and exits with a man and a woman. Shouldn't that be Susan that enters and exits?

Good story line. Much well written but not needed material.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Basically it is good enough for a reread.

Then there won't be any problem with lost information from my memory. I feel sorry for the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pretty worse...

... One of the previous commenters talked about a good story line. Maybe he was drunken?

It's very hard not to cancel reading after some paragraphs. Simply said: there is absolutely no story line! Your story - and thats also true for the earlier chapters - is quite exhausting as there is to much confusion, too many protagonists who act like puppets. Then there is also more confusion caused by mixing names and other deal breakers. Get at least a better editor!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sure! Let's have more of the Frenchie-Gigi story

I have been enjoying this story. But the time between chapters combined with my bad memory, means that whenever a new chapter is posted, I have to go back and re-read a chapter or two so I can follow on to the new chapter. Thankfully, you do not make us wait three to six months between the chapters like I have seen here on Lit. Looking forward to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Looking forward to the final chapter of this very engaging story....

...and would love a following story with Frenchie-Gigi at the center.

I also feel there is much more story to be told here. Even if you wrap it all up, I was intrigued by the obviously arrogant, amoral and narcissistic personality of the orchestrator of the whole crime spree. That the "former Govt professionals" foobared the whole thing so badly, suggests their planning and preparation weren't up to snuff, and I think there's another story there.

In any case, I'm sure to enjoy whatever you decide to pursue.

Thank you!

patilliepatillieabout 8 years ago
OH Bob

now Gigi has a secret second life? Really? She was so devoted to Frenchie in the beginning, now she has wanderlust? Dont know how you can possibly wrap this in one more installment, and you foreshadowed that the Gigi angle will not be dealt with as you are considering a separate treatment for her and Frenchie.. Too much man, but I do like your style. Just would like to see some threads concluded.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Twisting paths

Some readers complain about the abrupt changes in the story- sure it isn't a nice compact linear story, but why all the suggestions to shorten it? Reading is very easy, writing well is very hard. I will follow the twists and not bitch about them. I don't need a Cliff Notes story- I have time and patience and enjoy what you've done so far. Now, making Gigi a shallow starry-eyed wannabe, that was too bad and a bit of overkill, but I really don't have a back story on her and Frenchie. I look forward to it, and kind of wish for a bit of good old fashioned payback for her leaving.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous