Spoiled Revenge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During one of his last visits, I broached the subject I had been thinking about, "Arturo, I hope we can reinstate my schedule of visitation. If Jennifer and you agree, I would like to see Virginia more now that I'm not a fireman."

"Well, that would be more than acceptable for several reasons. For one, I'm now a fireman and you know what that means as far as schedule goes. The other is that Jennifer has left me and the girls. She said she was filing for divorce. Butch, I think she fooled both of us. She may have even fooled herself. She thought our work schedules was damaging our marriages and time with the girls. Now I've come to believe she was just bitching, excuse my French, because all the attention wasn't on her.

"When she could not convince me not to become a fireman, she just up and left. I am aware I need help with Virginia and Cloe. Your mother and Jennifer's mother are helping temporarily. In addition, in case you haven't figured out, Virginia and Cloe are now an inseparable pair. You can't get one without the other."

"How could she just leave Virginia? And she must have bonded with Cloe some too."

"I think Jennifer became jealous of Cloe. Virginia wanted to spend her time with Cloe instead of her mother. Jennifer seemed to be by herself even when the four of us were in the same house. Her final comment after telling me she did not want custody was, "The girls seem to prefer their fathers anyway. Well, they can have you both."

"Shit, Art. You're right. She was more fucked up than I thought." Art teared up again.

"Art, Virginia and I will do whatever we can to help you and Cloe."

EPILOGUE

At the writing of this story, Virginia and Cloe are about to graduate high school and go off to college. I moved in with Arturo and the girls after rehab. The guys at the fire department chipped in and bought me a specially equipped minivan. Art made the largest contribution. He really is a good man and has become a great fireman. With my coaching, of course. We traded off parenting and household duties. As you can imagine with my limitations, it takes me longer to do my part.

Fortunately, we have found a couple of ladies to handle the girls-only issues our daughters have had. They also handle the sexual needs Arturo and I have had. I am in the process of moving back into my old house I have been renting out. Art and I both will probably have new roommates as soon as the girls go to college. I figure we will double-date a lot.

Unfortunately, I am trying to pack all the living I can into as little time as possible. The effects of the fire included a burned esophagus and lungs from breathing in fire and smoke. I have been given six months or so to live. I haven't told anyone. I don't want anyone to know until I can't hide it anymore.

Jennifer's mom still sees Virginia and Cloe frequently. She keeps us informed on Jennifer. The last she said was that Jennifer had had another child but had divorced the father. Seems he cheated on her. I tried to be sympathetic. Well, maybe not very hard.

The way I look at it, my rescue at the day care allowed me to get my revenge on Jennifer and Art for over ten years. I will have to be satisfied with that. The damned FIRE has managed to spoil my revenge against it. Well, two out of three ain't bad.

Sorry, Dad. Talk to you soon.

12