All Comments on 'Spring of 45'

by chas4455

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very enjoyable reading

Thank you for writing and thanks for the reminder of the terrible suffering during times of war.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not sure of the historical facts here.

But it's a moving story.

Most Japanese were caught up in their emporer worship and and their subsequent supremacy illusions.

The reason the atomic bombs were dropped was the fanaticism would have cost many more lives to be lost to end the war.

chas4455chas4455over 4 years agoAuthor
Historical accuracy

The B-29 raid on March 9-10 is the only historically accurate event in the story. It really did cause 100,000 deaths that night, and was followed by raids on more than 60 other cities in Japan resulting in more than 250,000 deaths. More than both atomic bombs combined. Even Curtis Lemay admitted he would have been tried as a war criminal if we had lost the war.

I chose to be less graphic describing the effects of the firestorm.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

moving, different look a war. LOVE!!!!! slap hapy papy #9

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Really enjoyable

It was quite sad and realistic. Really well written, very descriptive.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago

Beautiful, but disturbing

It's always difficult to think of "enemies" as people with hopes and fears just like our own. This tale reminds us that war is far more than soldiers and sailors trying to kill each other, and that sometimes love does conquer all. Thank you.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago

Not as sad as the This Old House stories.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Why are you writing in LitEROTICA? This is not ‘adventurous wife’ material! A good tale, although told by various tellers, not always immediately clear whom! Or even whose team he or she is on!

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

Damn good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5*. For those who are interested “Grave of the Fireflies” is an excellent anime on this topic. Doesn’t have the happy ending though.

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

5* Another powerful tearjerker, this time with a happy ending. You do write very well. Thank you for posting it.

(Like an earlier commenter, I would also recommend "Grave of the Fireflies")

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userchas4455@chas4455
Thank you for constructive comments. I'm working on editing some of my existing stories and then adding some new ones I've been working on. "Spring of 45" is the first edit I've submitted. If that works I have some others in mind.

SIMILAR Stories