Stand by Me

Story Info
Wife's date interrupted.
2.1k words
4.21
66.1k
74

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 11/16/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demander
demander
1,489 Followers

STAND BY ME

WHEN THE NIGHT HAS COME, AND THE LAND IS DARK,

AND THE MOON IS THE ONLY LIGHT WE'LL SEE,

NO, I WON'T BE AFRAID, OH, I WON'T BE AFRAID,

JUST AS LONG AS YOU STAND BY ME.

SO DARLIN' DARLIN'

STAND BY ME, OH, STAND BY ME

OH, STAND BY ME, STAND BY ME, STAND BY ME......

AT THE HOP

It was oldies night at the Excelsior, a local bar, concert and dance venue. I was standing in the wings of the stage, behind a curtain, in semi-darkness. I watched my wife of four years, Mary King, socializing with what was apparently her boyfriend, a tall, dark-haired guy who looked quite fit and strong. He had the movie star stubble.

The band was playing oldies, as I watched. The two were at a ringside table, near the dance floor. The band went through some soul, some rock, some sappy ballads. Mary and her friend danced some. Mary was dressed in an electric blue shift, with matching high heel sandals. Dressed to dance, but no bra. That was apparent. She wasn't super big up top, but big enough so that when she went without, it was noticeable. He wore slacks and loafers, with a pullover in deep purple. He couldn't dance. Mary was a great dancer, but dark man had nothing. He could pull her close, though, on the slow songs. Apparently, that was enough.

The band was called The Dorados. A new iteration. Back when they were the Crescents, I was the lead singer. But marriage to Mary had ended that. She was not pleased by the groupies that showed up at the shows. Anyway, my day job as a lawyer in the local prosecutor's office kept me busy, and would have limited band dates. And we weren't making a lot of cash, either. But it was fun.

Mary seemed to be having a good time, despite her partner's lack of rhythm. She's a knockout, 5'8", blonde and very pretty. We met in college, and married as we attended law school. Now, four years later, it seemed as if she was dissatisfied. She worked for a big law firm, and was doing well. Maybe we hadn't had enough time together of late, what with work.

The band finished up a Beach Boys medley and there was a pause as my buddy Todd Pierce, lead guitar, approached the mike. The opening for my signature song started to play. (One two; one two three four: one two three four....) He said, "We have a special guest tonight, people. It's our former lead singer, the talented Ben G. King." That's me. Middle name Gary. So, Benji.

I strode out onto the stage. I had an eye on Mary. She was frozen on the dance floor, staring. Dark man was off to her right. I saluted her, with eye contact. And I sang 'Stand By Me.' As I did, I was looking right at Mary, who was sobbing. I never did that song any better than that night. I did the song angry. The chorus was growled, with more than a touch of malice. It was made even more stark by the fact that the original had a wall of orchestral music, but we had a wailing guitar. Also, the drums were played like pistol shots. And I stared at my wife the entire time.

When the song finished, then there was a wall of sound, cheers and shouts. I took one step to the edge of the stage, and I leapt off, high into the air, twirling. I landed right in front of Mary. I still had the microphone. I said, "Folks, folks....this is my wife, Mary." I gestured toward her, then to Dark man. "And this, I guess, is her boyfriend. What's his name, Mary?"

There was now a hush in the place. She backed up, mouthing, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I said, "Never mind his name. Let's dance." I tossed the mike back to Todd, and the band started in on the Otis Redding song 'Hucklebuck.' Back when we were in school, Mary and I had a routine all worked out for this song. A very sexy routine. We called the dance the 'Hucklefuck.' Mary was stunned to hear that song. Then she got a great big smile on her face, took my hand and we MOVED! The crowd was crazy wild while I was Hucklefucking Mary, and then she was Hucklefucking me. When the dance ended, I took her hand and led her out of the place. No one followed. Dunno about dark man. Maybe he was intimidated.

I opened the car door for Mary, and she got in. She remained in her sexual trance, from the song and dance. But it faded fast as we drove off. I said nothing to her. I drove toward home, about fifteen minutes away. I knew that this was her first 'date' with this guy. And I knew his name - Bailey Leonard. He was another lawyer at her firm - a partner transferred from NYC four months ago. I knew this because I had a friend who worked for her firm, and who had clued me in to a budding romance between Mary and Bailey. Bailey's nickname was Lee. I had background on him. He was thirty-eight, married with two children in junior high. He was transferred to the D.C. office because he screwed up in NYC. That is, he screwed a secretary on his desk, and another partner heard that. And, it seemed, he was needed to settle a dispute between a U.S. Representative and the firm. I got all this, except the screwing part, from Google. The screwing part was from a guy that I met while prosecuting him for computer theft. He got probation, and I sometimes called upon him for some deep internet magic. Nothing illegal, of course.

By the time we pulled into our driveway, Mary was silent and obviously worried. We went into the kitchen. I got a beer. I hadn't had anything at the Excelsior. Leaping off the stage required maximum physical ability.

Mary was sitting on a high stool, looking down.

I asked, "Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, thanks. I'm so sorry, Benji. How did you...?"

"No matter. I mean, you went out to a place where the guys in the band would probably recognize you. I don't believe you were too worried about secrecy. I take it that you're really into this guy."

"No. I mean.....I mean it was a date. I didn't know which band would be there."

"Who is he, Mary?"

"A guy from work."

"You were gonna fuck him. You had the overnight to Pittsburgh story for cover. Are you wearing panties?"

"Stop, Benji. Just stop."

"Why? You wouldn't have stopped. How long have you been fucking that guy?"

"I never fucked him. Tonight, I was gonna. But you took me back. From him. God only knows where he is."

"What the fuck, Mary? What the fuck?" I was tearing up now. She got off her stool and came toward me. I shoved her away.

"Just leave me alone. I didn't take you back. I shouldn't have to take you back. We're toast. Hope you have some long-term plans with the asshole." Of course, I knew that she didn't.

I got up and went to the closet. I had a bag packed there. It could have been in the car already, but I thought getting it out in front of her would be more effective. I went out the door. Slammed it. I didn't hear any wailing from her.

I had a monitor on her cell phone. It didn't give actual phone conversations, just numbers, and any texts. That's how I knew about the date. They arranged it on that Monday.

I drove around the corner and waited in range. She called him five minutes after I left. The talk lasted seven minutes.

I waited. About twenty minutes later a Tesla pulled up. Mary came out and got in. I followed. The Tesla just drove around for about twenty-five minutes. Then it went back to our house, and Mary got out and went inside. The Tesla drove off, and I followed it. It went to a condo in Arlington, pulling into an underground garage. I drove away to a motel off Route 50. Sleep was difficult that Friday night. The next morning, I drove by our house. Mary had not used her cell since she left Lee's car.

I pulled into the drive and went inside. Mary was up and eating cereal.

She said, "I'm glad you came. I thought you'd....I didn't know...."

"I guess we need to make some plans, Mary."

"What plans?"

"For splitting up. You were starting a sexual affair with that guy. As much as I Iove you, I just cannot stand for that. Is there some explanation? Am I so....so..."

"I love you, Benji. You were so great last night. Then you left. But you could have stayed and fucked me raw."

"Why did you go on that date, Mary? You keep evading."

"He's a hot guy. A hot guy. He kept after me, and you and I have been...both of us so busy. I guess I was...."

"What? We still have sex. I know we're busy, but we still do it. And I know you're not faking.......Are you?"

"No. Benji, you always measure up."

"Ah....measure. Is that it?" I'm an average size guy, all around. Athletic, but not big.

"No!. Shit. He's so forceful. He's....I just...I wanted him, Benji."

I nodded. I said, "He's married with two kids. Still in New York."

She had a shocked look. "You...you researched him. You..."

"Yeah. That's what I do, I gather information before I do anything."

"You know I wasn't leaving you for him, then."

"Yep. But, I'm leaving you, Mary."

She started crying. "Why? I never did it with him. We can get back from this. I broke it off with him last night."

"Because we're young, and I have no faith in you now. I can find someone that won't fuck other guys. I hope I can, at least. You're not that person."

"I am. Dammit, Benji. I won't ever do it again."

"Sure you will. You'll only be more careful."

"What was that about last night, then? It was so great. I mean....you just whisked me away from him. You were spectacular. And then....nothing."

"Yep. I wanted you to see what you lost by your betrayal."

She fled upstairs, crying. I went and took some things. I started looking for an apartment. The lease on our house was up in three months. She could easily afford that.

I found a nice one bedroom near work, and moved my stuff there when Mary was at work. I had her served at work as well. I also wrote a letter to the firm, detailing the activities of Lee and Mary. I knew that Lee was sort of on probation. The same type letter went to Lee's wife in New York. I have no idea what she did. Lee's partnership was terminated under the firm's morality clause.

Mary did not lose her job. However, I imagine her partnership path was now closed. Our divorce was quick - no kids, and she earned more than me. She didn't beg. She cried. So did I.

I rejoined the band after Mary and I split. I loved performing. I didn't give up my day job, though. But we did catch on locally, and made some money. We were just an oldies band, but a good one. 'Stand by Me' is always a hit. 'Grapevine,' too. And, you know, the groupie thing does happen. A guy just has to be careful about who he takes home. No married women.

So far, two years on, I hadn't found any woman that I feel measures up to what I had with Mary. The intensity we had was.....intense. But the band has hired a woman singer, Jenny Drake. She's not as beautiful as Mary. She's slim and could go braless without much fuss. But she sure does have intensity. When we sing together, that intensity gets people aroused. I'm teaching her the Otis song. Maybe we'll debut it soon.

She's divorced, childless, and my age. We do go to my place after the gigs. She's intense then as well. She drains all my excess energy, and I do the same for her. She's smart, lively, and all around engaging.

Lately, she's been kind of moving into my condo. She's a yoga instructor. Not a hot shot lawyer. I know that I have deep feelings for her.

But do I trust her? Would she stand by me? How the fuck can a guy tell?

I guess I'm damaged goods.

The end.

demander
demander
1,489 Followers