All Comments on 'Stand by Me'

by demander

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

Sorry, sweet and brutal emotionally. 5 stars and a fave!

ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

like it.

but seems something is missing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love that the manwhore drove a Tesla...a perfect fit for his history. The stench of the asshole ran strong in him.

RougeHunterRougeHunterover 1 year ago

It was 4 stars until the last 3 lines then it became 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree on no second chances.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Either your stories are shitty or they are shitty!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty good, but not one of the author’s better stories. The role of the band was strange. The MC had been replaced and the band allowed him to perform one song. (And Ben G. King? Really?) So then, how was the band able to take him back? And how was he able to find the time? (Presumably due to being single.) And then how was the band able to take on another member? Not thoroughly implausible…much more outlandish machinations appear here all the time…but could have been dealt with more adroitly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done... 5+ (if I could)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh yes, once bitten always shy, that will never go away, looking over the shoulder is your new friend.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Big bang beginning. Trailed off to a whimpering ending.

It had potential that wasn't developed.

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 1 year ago
Good Stuff!

Agree with ju8streading about liking it but something's missing. Suggest a followup story or sequel. 4 stars.

Flar1958Flar1958over 1 year ago
New in the beginning

But crashed quick after. Always running and looking for better. To sad.

Divorce her keep her as girlfriend to fuck AND take time for both of you. Maybe find a hot one to fuck only too.

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

It was a really good idea, with some interesting characters... so it was a shame this was just a flash story.

Tiger27Tiger27over 1 year ago

So much left on the bone with this story.

Good read just the same.

nickbgbnickbgbover 1 year ago

A good, succinct story with a nice ‘caught in the act’ set-up. No loose ends and the reasoning all appeared to tally. 4 stars.

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

Good story about a stand-up guy. But, as is your style, you left it on the verge of unfinished

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoover 1 year ago

Well written but feels very superficial

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More realistic than most, and very well written. Thank you. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree that it is missing something. The story lacks soul and emotion. Things happen to the guy but since he doesn't seem to care, the reader doesn't either.

Chuck100Chuck100over 1 year ago

This story is not done. Too many possibilities. Finish the story good writing to this point. You ended with MC stating he was damaged goods. How does he heal from his betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dreary. Not erotic. Are you aware this is an erotic story site?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This M/C gets it. No prolonged dance of death. “we are toast”. Then on with his life. Good story and effort. Next time put her in a whore house South of the border…LOL.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

Maybe if you did your job as a husband, she wouldn’t have an affair. It takes two to tango, or to ruin a marriage.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

Sad tale all around. But you got to be glad that the MC didn't tried to fool himself into thinking this was an one-off. Just four years into a marriage and she's already looking elsewhere? Yep, it's time to close that union!

Thanks for the share, author.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Nice to see the proper use of a morality clause. A partner messing around with a subordinate is an offense against the firm, and the firm took proper action, no third party law suits.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

stupid, fragile ego'd husband. Yes, she was a dumbass, but why does he have to act like a little boy?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would have kept Mary. Reasons why, the MC had a contact within the company she worked for, to keep an eye on her, and secondly, she would have to agree to a strict post nup agreement, where she would loose everything, even any children they might have.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Best one from you lately. True to life and believable. His reaction was exactly what any normal guy would do - no murder, no mayhem, just get the fuck out, turn the page and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A solid 4 but only because we didn't get enough of the consequences for old Lee. It was have been nice to hear how often Benji looked out into the audience during the bands performances to see his ex looking on wistfully.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If her opportunity to cheat was telling her hubby she was out of town why the hell did she go to local place only 15 minutes from home? Hubby said she was making no secret of her cheating but this was just crazy and makes no sense.

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

I really liked this! Great dialog, thoughtful relationship development, and memorable details. Really liked the angry Stand by Me--it was discordant and striking. Also enjoyed the way that Mary assumes that, by "claiming" her, Ben is forgiving her--only to discover that he was just laying the trap for a more involved punishment. Nice!

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Sad. Well written but sad.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Lacked emotion, good words but that's all they were.

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Definitely a good one! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fucking excellent! And in one page, no less. QuickMagazine 5, and then some. Demander at his best. "Stand By Me" by demander. Very alliterative. And Benji King (G., not E.) was sure decisive. No crap, no nonsense. He caught her, and even though Mary didn't consummate anything with Lee, the intent was there. Enough to break the trust, break the bond. Solid move on Benji's part. Demander made everything perfect, with maybe one caveat. Wasn't the "Hucklebuck" Chubby Checker? Just checked, and indeed it was. And even that version was a cover, the song dates back to 1949. Otis did record it, on his posthumous "Dock Of The Bay" album from 1968. Wasn't a single, so don't know why the MMC (or FMC) would identify it with him. But enough nitpicking. Doesn't matter enough to stop that 5 train from rollin' on. As for Jenny, here's the deal. The guy's a lawyer. Draft a fuckin' pre-nup! Also speak to her ex, to get the divorce story from his side. QuickMagazine has been saying this a lot lately, about LW couples not doing enough pre-marital due diligence. Or, to put it more eloquently, and consistently with the theme of this fine story, and in the immortal words of the great Percy Sledge: "Take Time To Know Her."

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

One and done!! That is the way life should be dealt, well the cheaters should be dealt with that way 5*!!!

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

That's why god (or at least, lawyers) invented pre-nup. Sign one that is draconian in case of infidelity, full custody and 80-20 financial split, then you can marry her. Damaged goods or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I wanted you to see what you lost by your betrayal."

All the same clichés again. aren't you tired?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The MC was a huge knob. Dancing, twirling, and nancing about like Tinkerbell. No wonder the wife felt the need to go out and find a real man. 1

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Enjoyed it. The ending was a bit rushed, as they usually are, but still rounding it up to 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best from you in a while.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I see a few people always giving Demander shit about - some sort of lacking imagination - I suppose. That’s hogwash. Short, crisp, great dialogue. That’s what this story is. A definite 5*

Anyone who doesn’t think this wife will remember what she lost for the rest of her life, are probably the same people who struggle with relationships. Benji got all the revenge necessary, without having to destroy any testicles. And he became a teacher of life lessons in the process.

Well done D!

Cookingwithgas

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars for a short BTB story.

The SLUT got exactly what she wanted - freedom to do whatever she wanted with whomever she chose.

Thankfully, no children were involved.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66over 1 year ago

There's too much missing. Why was he tracking her cell call numbers and texts? And if he already planned to leave her, why wait around to see the Tesla come after he left?

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Wow. Rapier-like. No wasted words, no extraneous scenes or asides. Efficiently and concisely written! And visually, this might be the best thing you've written. Saw it all! 5+++++/5

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

While I usually, correctly I might add, find your stories to be just this side of crap, this was an improvement, it still had more issues than I want to address, but you've moved in the right direction at least.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider1955over 1 year ago

Very good for a short story. A lot of this could have been expanded on for me to rate it at 5. Sort of like that milkshake you finish but keep sucking on the straw wanting to get more out of that empty cup. I want more.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

That sounds just like life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheating always causes damage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"But do I trust her? Would she stand by me? How the fuck can a guy tell?" If you have to ask the question you probably are not mature enough for the answer: Every day is a reevaluation of the partnership; every fucking day. As time goes on the successes and positives stack up against the negatives and the failures. But human relationships are not static, any more than business or recreational relationships. Its a constant awareness, but its not that hard, just tedious and detailed. Unless you want to claim Martian Slut Ray, the whore in this story was smitten with this asshole a long time before she finally planned to fuck him. And if the husband couldn't tell that something was changing about her and about their relationship, then he wasn't paying attention, or he stopped caring. Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde is a science fiction story; people don't change that drastically that suddenly, its just not normal human nature. Or he married to a Sociopath. And if you can't discern a sociopath from a normal person then you have bigger issues than just learning how to trust. And remember, trust and respect must be earned. Give your love away all you want, but make your spouse Deserve your trust and respect. Maybe I'm just lucky, but its worked for me for over 44 years. But I'm ready to end it tomorrow when its no longer good for either or both of us, and she knows that. The only plot fault is that he should have gone to counseling with her. No, not to reconcile, but to figure out exactly what went wrong or was flawed in their relationship, and how he missed it for so long. That should help him develop the skills and confidence he needs for the next relationship. If it was easy there wouldn't be so many divorces. Good luck, and thanks for the effort.

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

Great story and much better presentation than prior efforts that seemed - monotone. Keep up the good work!

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story. That’s the Demander that I always look forward to reading.

MissMudMissMudover 1 year ago

Good story! Really enjoyed it. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You do write well, parts are rushed, I like details in things other than sex. I don't read here for sex scenes. I love to watch how a writer develops with time.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

Anonymous below., so funny I can't stop laughing. Huge knob and Tinkerbell. LOL!

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Mary got what she wanted, divorced.

4/5

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Nice story, the interplay works well and you are right, he's not going to be able to trust her. It was a planned betrayal (Pittsburgh trip), not a "we happened to meet at the gig" co-incidence. Thank you for posting it.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting story

Nice song but it was too short and nothing was done really to the asshole except getting him fired he should filed suit against the firm people had to know it was happening. Make them PAY.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story, it's mostly what you do. Mary and lees roving eyes did them in, no doubt. LP

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

no emotion and no reason why these ppl should be married

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kinda depressing, thanks for the effort. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written from grammar standpoint, but no emotion and nothing but dry details. Also misperceives partnerships in law firms.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Well written sort and to the point, one and done, why drag on th emisery and hurt. Th quicker you end it th quicker you can start forgetting and healing bgins. I'm not even going to read Mary's side cause I don't wnt to hear the excuses and justifications for her actions. Where there is no trust there is no marriage. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked the story. Take no prisoners, eh? Perhaps he should've tried counceling, but as he said, she'd probably try it again, but be more careful. The story was well written & thought out, but could've had some more depthness(?), emotions on both sides. Still, 4 stars Bob

btrying_2btrying_2over 1 year ago

Such sadness. The sorror whether feigned or real is never easy to take by either party to infidelity. The pain and mistrust is just so devastating. He is correct wharever caused her to stray will just go underground and be much less out in the open in the future. Amazing how the loss cannot be understood until experienced. Thanks for the story. John.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I guess I'm damaged goods." Brilliant!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"No, thanks. I'm so sorry, Benji. How did you...?" - What difference does it matter how he knew/found out? There shouldn't have been anything for him to know.

\

"you and I have been...both of us so busy." - They're so busy, yet she takes some of her precious free time to hook up with another guy?

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

Anticlimactix, after the well thought-out setup.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks for your writing.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

2nd last line…would she stand by me, how can a guy tell. The simple fact is that for literally centuries women have been straying and keeping it somehow hidden, while men take the hit. The first thing anyone thinks when you say infidelity is man doing his secretary or similar. While of course women are now wandering in higher numbers and with a steeper increase curve, but isis still unknown. Dna aggregated database info now shows one in five men are non bio dads, and in families with three kids or more, the third one is likely to have a non bio dad, just about when late thirties wanderlust hits the good ole faithful wife. No wonder marriage rates are dropping as men figure it out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Drgwng hits the nail, on the head. WHY get married? You can co- habituate, and have kids. But if one of you leaves the relationship, there will be child support, that’s it. She won’t take your house. If it’s in both of your names, it can be sold, and split. No chance for her to get any “ maintenance”, or your retirement. If you were smart enough to keep your bank accounts separate, she can’t touch your money. Our mothers did us wrong, when they pushed us to get married. Here is some good advice to the current generation- Stay single!

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

3 stars - two of my four children have been happily living together common law for more than 20 years with no difficulty whatsoever. The other two - not so easy. One has been married or living common law with at least 6 or 7 women and the youngest one is divorced, with several boyfriends afterwards, but this last one appears to be a keeper. My wife and I have lived together married for more than 1/2 century, but the last 20 - not so happy. If I had a chance for a do over - I would never get married.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Oh! She'll stand by you alright.... for a season, or until someone more exciting comes around.... then you will have to find someone else to stand by you.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent setup. Loved it. 5 from me

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

With women the way they are now?

Uncertain who will make families in the future.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19816 months ago

I get having trust issues but unfortunately no way to know if she will fuck around on him or not just to have to take the risk to know for sure my first wife cheated on me I had trust issues for awhile where women were concerned I took the risk with my wife now and she has never given me a reason to think she's cheating on me or has cheated on me we have been married now for 17 years even when I took the risk I still had trust issues and had her sign a prenup which she did without a problem so think about that if someone takes a risk to get married have her sign a prenup if she balks or he baulks that's not a good sign but if they sign without a problem then it is a good possibility that it will work

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19816 months ago

As far as reading it from her point of view why would someone want to read it from a sluts point of view

RuttweilerRuttweiler3 months ago
Didn’t make a lot of sense.

He was the lead singer in a successful rock ‘n’ roll band, and he also had the time to become a lawyer.

Please. Every lawyer, I’ve ever known was up to his ears in study, study, study. And then it gets even harder when it comes time to pass the bar. He ain’t got time to be singing in the rock band.

Plus, he’s nothing but a whiny bitch. So, fuck him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous