Star Trek Enterprise Bk. 02 - Inherit Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The yamanu took out the tried and true red backpack and began to pack Danaë's few pieces of civilian clothing as well as other personal items. It could feel a strong emotional attachment linked to some of them, like the Ressikan flute, while others were just utilitarian, like her shampoo. The 24th century phaser would definitely be a handy item to have around as well as the PADD from the same time. The usurper also took out the communicator given to her by the reptilians and carefully placed it in the side pocket so she could reach it easily.

Continuing it's packing, the yamanu came across a small blue glowing crystal. Instantly it brought to its senses memories of a cave, music, sweet fruit and... and... Captain Archer. The parasite led its host to the bed where it laid down and closed its eyes. It had felt this strong, deep emotion before when it had looked upon that particular human. There was some kind of connection between it's host and this man beyond just working together and the yamanu wanted to know what it was.

The captain had questions too, but they were different ones. Danaë had not kept her word and gotten examined by Dr. Phlox. She was not herself regardless of what Lt. Reed's scan showed. He sat down in his quarters and heaved a sigh as Porthos came to him and gently nuzzled at his hand. Archer smiled down and softly stroked his head. He agreed with Trip and Malcolm, something about her story and its lack of details coupled with her ability to repeat it word for word each time didn't set right with him. He didn't doubt her resourcefulness, but how did she manage to elude an entire ship of reptilians, let alone open a subspace corridor? He told himself that he should just be glad she was back on the ship safe and sound... and he was. So why was he so suspicious? How could she look at him as though he were a stranger after what had happened between them?

When she had been abducted, he had not just been angry over the loss of another crewmember... and she was more than a close friend. Archer reached into his desk and took out a small crystal bottle. It looked like a miniature perfume vial that was etched and decorated in gold. Inside of it was roughly two ounces of a glowing yellow liquid. Looking at the container brought to mind some of the only happy moments he had experienced since this mission started, but he was not alone in his reminiscing. Down the corridor the yamanu was sifting through its hosts' memories trying to understand why this human captain had triggered such an emotional response in Danaë. Hidden deep within their recollections, the lieutenant and captain held fast to a memory that neither could speak of, nor let go.

12