Star Trek Enterprise Bk. 03 - The War Ch 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Captain, my father once told me that I had his vision... that I looked up at the stars and dreamed of what might be. Just look out there. Each star holds a million promises. There are untold star systems waiting out there, new species to meet, nebulas, black holes... white holes." He listened to her talk, glad to find someone who shared his vision and desire to explore. "All the fighting that you've had to endure to stay out here will be worth it in the end. They're just storms you must sail your ship through to get there."

"My father told me never to be afraid of the wind," he returned. "I suppose that includes gales too."

"Wise man," she laughed.

Archer had thought about his father's words many times over the years and believed them to be as true now as ever, but right now this seemed like more than wind. He felt as though he were trying to whisper a prayer against hurricane force wind. Silently he thought to himself, father, please help me not be afraid of the wind. Help me stand up against it. He then opened his eyes and looked at the door that Major Forrest had walked through and sighed.

"Bring her back to me," he whispered. "Please, just bring her back to me."

12