All Comments on 'Staring at the Sun Ch. 03'

by janiexx

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Noting you do not like private comments

If she is stupid enough to think that she will leave Jake's house on Staurday regardless of what she wants, she is stupid enough to go there. She married a dimwited husband, who buys fancy wine on credit, when he is "trying" to watch his money. If Daddy has to have the better wines, daddy can pay for them. If the entire family has money troubles no one should be buying fine wine or going on a vacation.

Score is for no private comments.

Gus AsparGus Asparalmost 18 years ago
It's different

I like the build-up of tension (and I don't agree that it's totally unbelievable, which the previous poster seems to be implying). Looking forward to seeing what happens when Louise and Jake are standing face-to-face...

janiexxjaniexxalmost 18 years agoAuthor
Private Feedback

I don't accept anonymous feedback sent to my email account, because I like to reply to people who have taken the time to leave a comment (good or bad) and I can't do that with a reader who doesn't give their name or email address.

janiexx

sirhugssirhugsalmost 18 years ago
Carrying its Weight?

What is here is goood, and I agree that there is a nice build up, but no pay off ( and no, I don't just mean in the 'stroke' sense - there is no dramatic resolution either, IMHO)Perhaps because I missed ch 1 and 2, i found myself wondering "where is the sex?". Longer chapters might help.

LightpenLightpenalmost 18 years ago
Staring in the dark

The one thing I 'hate' about this and lots of other stories - is that I've got to wait to see how it progresses! I get so caught up with Louise and her emotions that I want to punch Richard - to somehow bring him back to reality and to her.

More soon, please!

jqhackjqhackalmost 18 years ago
Can't wait for more

I'm really enjoying how the story is progressing between Richard and Louise. Essential parts of the story are starting to come out, albeit slowly at times, but the main plot line should pick up with their trip to Richard's friend.

I can't believe a reviewer actually gave a low score because the author doesn't accept anonymous feedback. That is quite possibly the most juvenile thing I've heard in ages. 'Anonymous' usually has nothing good to say and therefore can hurl the largest stones they can find without having to worry about anybody being able to find them and possibly criticize them. That's incredibly brave.

john-the-authorjohn-the-authoralmost 18 years ago
Very engaging as usual

I'm keen to find out what's happening and where the resolutions will be. Based on Jane's previous works, I have reason to believe that the obvious resolutions are not going to be ones we see. I think it's going to be something different than we might expect... and that's good writing.

Melvin Morsmere

PEATBOGPEATBOGalmost 18 years ago
Can't wait for Ch. 04!!!!

You have put us in the picture regarding the business problems and Louise is certainly in a vulnerable state learning about the problems while away from her family on holiday. Richard and her parents have tried to protect her by keeping her in the dark but this has made things worse. Can she trust her husband or her parents now? I think that Richard has some scheme planned with Jake that involved Louise, but what really puzzles me is why Louise would phone Jake at the end of Ch.3 " dialling in the number, I felt a quiver of apprehension when I heard the deep measured tones of Jake Harper answer". With reference to the 'anonymous comments' controversy, I can vouch for the fact that Janie tries hard to keep in touch with her fans with regular personal emails. I personally much appreciate hearing from her. Pete.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous