Starry Resonance Ch. 02

Story Info
The guild meets up, relationships deepen.
15.1k words
4.68
3.6k
4

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/18/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ivallen
Ivallen
33 Followers

Particles of earth and trees, pushed by soft wind, floated around Yvain as he went to wake Selt up.

With the small earthquake and Nora's subsequent ominous words, he expected something with a bit more impact. Yet the current peaceful deconstruction of their environment didn't quite match his expectations. It was a bit jarring to see the ground sometimes disintegrate on a spot he was about to step on, but it was something easily evaded.

Yvain was quite calm as he reached Selt who was slumbering in the fetal position. Then some annoyance crept in when he saw how blissfully unaware the kid was.

Maybe I should let him go down with the dungeon, he thought. He squatted next to Selt and pushed his shoulder a few times.

"Just a bit longer," Selt mumbled and shifted his body to lie face up, continuing to sleep.

Even if there wasn't any rush to get out of the dungeon it wouldn't do to waste time, so he slapped the kid across the face. Selt released a small painful scream and rolled out of Yvain's range of attack while holding his reddening cheek.

"We have to go, the whole dungeon is falling on us," Yvain said.

Selt sat up with blurry eyes and looked around the now disappearing surroundings, his hand trying to rub the pain away.

"I'll let the slap go this time," he said worriedly as the tear in the sky grew wider.

"I'm so grateful," Yvain said and stood.

"Damn, you really killed him. He was a nice person you know." Yvain glanced at the kid who had a wry smile and then at the decapitated body.

"Nice or not he was about to kill Nora, and I wasn't going to let that happen." Yvain went over to where the body lay and ripped off the remaining pieces of armor, fully revealing the chainmail underneath. It was falling into pieces too, but he was tired of being naked and it would at least cover the important parts.

Yvain tried to remove the upper section first but the clothing soon met with the man's horns. His tail offered the same obstacle when he tried to remove the pants. How was he supposed to get the clothing off with the dragon-like appendages in the way?

Nora suddenly appeared next to him, holding onto his shoulder for support as he held her by the waist. He gave her a sad smile, acknowledging that she really was hopping on one leg.

"Tap on his chest twice, then do the same on his left thigh," Nora said.

After helping her sit down, Yvain followed her advice. The chest immediately unlinked itself right by the middle, but when he tapped the pants they remained chained together. He looked at Nora, the question on his face obvious, and she spun her finger in the air. Yvain nodded and turned the body over. The tail was coming out of a purposeful-made hole in the pants. Above that hole, the garment had split just like the top, creating enough space for the tail to pass.

"I've never seen clothes like these," Yvain said as he rid the cadaver of its attire.

"It's not something humans need to think about after all," Nora said, patting the part where a tail would be growing out of Yvain if he was part of the dragon race.

"You have a point," Yvain said. "It's intriguing, but it'd be a waste of effort." He gathered the clothing and was about to stand up and put them on, but Nora hadn't withdrawn her hand--choosing instead to rub his bare rear to her heart's content. He raised an eyebrow in question but she just grinned at him.

"This is gross," Selt, who had been watching the couple with disgust, said.

"What's your problem?" Yvain asked, mildly irritated at the kid's outburst.

"I'll say it again, you killed a good man," Selt said. His eyes bore into Nora, "and all for a woman you don't even know. I thought you and I were similar, but I was wrong." He then stood and left for the exit at a steady jog.

"And you knew him!?" Yvain yelled at Selt's retreating figure in defense, but he was secretly stunned at the kid's words; more at their bite than their content. It was the first time Selt had expressed actual anger.

Nora didn't miss Yvain's change in mood and got closer to him, laying her head on his back.

"Is he going to be alright?" she asked.

"I don't know. This is the first time I've seen him act like that," Yvain said. He got up and put on the tattered chainmail. Following the logic behind their traits, he tapped them as he had before and the clothing sealed itself once more.

Was the man he just killed really innocent? He wanted to fault Selt's judgement; how long could he have possibly known him for? Half an hour at most. But considering Nora, Yvain wasn't really in a position to adjudicate.

Yvain offered Nora a hand which she took gratefully, lifting herself up with her good leg. She then half fell half moved forward and laid her head on his chest with natural ease.

"What in the stars happened when you put him in front of our attacker?" Nora asked.

She was of course referring to when Yvain used the kid as a makeshift shield. It was an unorthodox move to say the least, with no modicum of planning.

"Selt can't die," Yvain said. "No matter the danger he's in, or how sure a death blow might seem, he'll live."

Nora lifted her head from his chest and looked into his eyes. She searched for any falsehoods in them, but the evidence was clear.

"We should probably still catch up before we lose sight of him, just in case," Nora said.

Yvain cocked his head in doubt, "He'll be alright though."

"No, what I mean is that we'll both need you to get us out of here. The dungeon will fully collapse in about two minutes and no amount of death defying abilities will help with being buried alive." Nora spoke with such nonchalance that it took some time for the gravity of her words to hit Yvain. The dungeon's elusively slow speed of decay had taken away any sense of urgency.

"Why didn't you say so before?!" Yvain said. He picked up Nora in his arms and ran after Selt at his fastest speed.

He could still easily see the castle, but its size hid how truly far it was. Two minutes would never be enough for the kid to reach the exit. He wasn't even sure it would be enough for him.

Yvain pushed himself to his limits, but soon a small whimper slowed his speed. Nora was roughly grabbing on to him with pressed lips, her brow furrowing every time he took a step. He came to a complete stop.

Nora looked at him apologetically. "We don't have the luxury to worry over my leg, just let me complain while you run."

The idea that he was hurting her, even if unintentionally, made Yvain sick. But she was right, they couldn't slow down. He still wanted to somehow negate the pain he caused, so he gave her a brief apologetic kiss she happily returned.

"Grab on to my neck," Yvain said. Nora did as told and he quickly reached his top speed, now having a free arm. It didn't take long before Selt came into view going at his leisure.

Without any warning, Yvain grabbed the kid under his arm like a sack and kept running.

"Let me go!" Selt tried to break the hold on him.

"Stop you idiot! This place is about to break apart on us!" Yvain yelled. Particles still flew through the air, but out of the corner of his eye he could see that some parts of the ground were covered in holes that only showed an infinite blackness.

"It's a bit more than that I'm afraid," Nora said calmly, "this dungeon is inside a different space than the one containing our reality. If it collapses with us in it we'll just keep floating in a void until we die of old age, hunger, or dehydration. Our senses won't work at least, so it'll be painless. But we'll be fully conscious."

Selt stopped trashing and spoke with a fearful voice, "You can make it right?"

"Maybe if you wouldn't mess around so much we would already be outside," Yvain said in a somber tone. The mask of fear on Selt mirrored how Yvain felt, but Nora's serenity in face of their impending oblivion gave him the strength to keep himself steady.

At the speed Yvain was going, it didn't take long for them to reach the stairs. He quickly took the steps three or four at a time, but with the black holes from before now showing up on his path he was forced to sometimes jump in a zig-zag shape. Whatever light was illuminating the forest flickered like dying embers until it completely went out just as he jumped through the exit.

Yvain was flooded with massive relief when he entered the great hall and its entrance was finally open.

"Wait! Wait! Grab the gold!" Selt screamed.

"There's no time for that," Yvain said but the kid wouldn't calm down, attempting to free himself.

Nora closed in and whispered in Yvain's ear, "Let him grab a handful."

Ignoring the goosebumps her voice sent cascading down his back, Yvain easily gave in, "Grab some of it on the way out, but we aren't stopping." Selt reluctantly nodded and Yvain moved to the pile of gold closest to the dungeons exit.

"You can let me go you know," Selt said, but Yvain shook his head.

"Not until we're in the clear." He wasn't too sure the kid wouldn't just stay in the great hall trying to grab as much gold as possible while space collapsed around him.

After Selt grabbed whatever his hands could carry, Yvain took them all outside. The doors instantly shut behind them.

The castle was already completely destroyed with only the double doors standing, but a few moments later they crumbled down too. Every piece of metal and rock turned to dust and the wind carried them away. In its place, all that remained was the same rocky ground that formed Great Divider.

Yvain released Selt with a sigh of relief and the kid hit the ground hard, some of his coins scattering on the ground with the impact.

"Sorry," Yvain said as Selt threw him a dirty look and picked up his loot. He then set Nora down carefully.

"Thanks," she said. Yvain wanted to do nothing more than kiss her as she smiled at him, but the exhaustion that followed the adrenaline rush had him throwing himself on the ground next to her instead. He was done for the day. When his friends arrived they could just carry him down.

The night ether was as beautiful as ever, filled to the brim with lights of all shapes and sizes. Lunaris was in the middle sending down its soft glow. But the crimson light Yvain wanted to see the most was not showing up.

"Selt send the signal already," he said, but no answer came.

"Need a hand?" A familiar voice reached Yvain and he instantly rolled to the side expecting an attack, but none came. Instead, he was grabbed by the neck and lifted up, his feet leaving the ground. There was only one person he knew that could pull such a feat.

"Evening, Elly," Yvain said with a tight smile. A woman with dirty blonde hair that fell around her shoulders was glaring at him as she tried her best to choke him with one arm. On her back was a great sword as wide as Yvain's back and much longer than the one he took into the dungeon.

Her breasts were covered in metal plate tailored to her specific needs, but that was it. The rest of her upper body was completely bare. Moving down her well-defined tanned abs, one would find a loincloth long enough to pass her knees that still fully showed off her long muscular legs with the smallest of movements. Lower still were well-worn boots that had seen enough combat to last a lifetime.

She didn't lose in beauty to Nora at all, yet not only was she over a head taller, but her whole body was covered in muscles. Enough to compete with Yvain, maybe even more. None of it took away from her feminine charms, though it was unfortunate, and a bit scary, how her face was currently contorted in anger; she was ready to rip his head off with her bare hands.

"That's master to you, calf." Elly's hand pressed down on Yvain's throat harder and he sent a kick toward her solar plexus, holding nothing back. She managed to tighten up her core on time but still had some air forced out from her lungs. Her grip weakening, Yvain yanked her wrist and freed himself.

Elly didn't look bothered at all by her student's attack. She even looked ready to pounce on him again. That's when Selt interrupted.

"Elly I missed you so much!" He jumped and slapped the top of Elly's breasts with all his strength. The way they bounced was as impressive as always but Yvain knew what would come next and moved back, gently pulling a curious looking Nora with him.

Elly swung her great sword at Selt, leaving a slight afterimage behind, and a large explosion reverberated through Great Divider. A fissure that extended about ten feet appeared next to the kid, cracks spread around it. He was completely unharmed, sporting an infuriating grin.

"Nice try titty monster!" he yelled and ran away laughing to where Nelimir--Draconian Tavern's leader--was waiting. Yvain wouldn't dare laugh, but he had to admit that Elly's breasts couldn't be natural. They were at least thrice the size of her head. Not counting her height, just that alone was impressive when seeing how agile she could be.

"You'll run out of luck one day you pest!" Elly screamed, and then focused her glare on Yvain.

"And you!" she put her great sword away, "explain yourself!"

"I'll gladly give my report, but can we get some aid for my friend first?"

Nora had so far remained quiet. She just smiled, waiting for Yvain to choose their next course of action.

Elly looked at Nora and then at Yvain, "She's wounded?"

"She's alright for the most part, but..." Gloom threatened to overtake him when thinking of the injury he caused but Nora's reassuring hand on his put a quick stop to it.

"Her right leg is fractured," he said and gently picked Nora up again, with her holding on to his neck once more.

Elly's eyes threatened to pop out of her head while Nelimir looked at him curiously. Selt was behind their leader making gagging noises.

Ignoring their weird looks and the kid's melodramatic antics, Yvain walked to where Nelimir was waiting. An elegant carriage that was big enough to sit all of them comfortably, even Elly, was standing behind the scruffy man; spider-like legs protruding out of its bottom and door open. A magical wonder created by their prodigy sorceress that allowed them to go anywhere with ease.

"Where's-" Yvain was about to ask Nelimir for the whereabouts of said prodigy when a frog jumped out of the carriage. It landed on the Draconian's Tavern leader's shoulder. The tiny amphibian croaked as if greeting a friend.

Nelimir laughed. "She was at it again with her experiments and ended up like this." He studied Yvain for a moment, taking stock of his new look. "What happened to you?" he asked.

"Long story, "Yvain said. "But there aren't any dangers we need to worry about...not anymore, at least."

"Then we can finally venture out of Empryon," Nelimir said with eagerness, but Yvain put a wet towel on their leader's premature excitement.

"I recommend we stay put for now."

Nelimir's shoulders visibly dropped. Yvain knew how important it was for them to leave Empryon, a fact doubly pressing for their leader. Thankfully his friend wasn't one to dwell long on bad news.

"The reason?" Nelimir asked.

"We're too weak," Yvain said.

As if really seeing his friend for the first time, Nelimir looked at Yvain more closely. "You didn't have an easy time, did you?"

Yvain shook his head, "I shouldn't even be standing here right now, if we're being honest." Nora snuggled closer to him at his words, catching Nelimir's attention in the process.

"Who's your new friend?" he asked.

"My name is Nora. It's a pleasure to meet Yvain's companions." Before Yvain could speak, Nora cut in and introduced herself. She gave a nod to Roesia who croaked in greeting.

"I'm Nelimir, the sentiment is shared," their leader said. "I'm curious as to what the relationship between you and my best friend is," Nelimir looked to Yvain.

Yvain didn't know how to answer that himself. It was all new to him. But Nora helped him out. "It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he saved my life. And it just so happens that we get along extremely well too," she said.

Nelimir raised an eyebrow at his friend, "You get along extremely well?"

"That's the gist of it," Yvain said slightly embarrassed.

Seemingly satisfied with the answer, Nelimir said, "Let's go then. We should have your injury looked at before we begin any discussions."

"And maybe I'll be able to learn why my apprentice isn't carrying his sword." Yvain flinched at Elly's threatening voice. His master walked by and gave him a side glance before getting into the carriage.

Nora's giggling came from his arms and he gave her a mock glare, which she answered with a pair of puppy eyes before kissing him softly on the cheek.

Smiling, Yvain found his friend stunned.

"Why do all of you keep looking at me like I grew another head?" he asked. Selt was one thing, but the rest? Was he doing something wrong?

Nelimir just shook his head and turned for the carriage. "Maybe I'll be able to get some answers too."

Selt--who had been counting his gold--was poking Roesia on the sides and taunting her.

"That's a good look for you pipsqueak. Maybe you'll find a prince that can turn you--" Roesia's tongue shot out and struck him straight in the eye.

The kid fell back with a scream and spat curses at the girl-turned-frog while she croaked up a storm.

It was good to be home.

-------------

"So Roesia created this space?" Nora asked while she looked around in wonder.

The group was already halfway down Great Divider. Elly was sitting as far away from Selt as possible while the kid tried his best to stay awake. Nora and Yvain were side by side holding hands with Nelimir facing them. Roesia, still on Nelimir's shoulder, was bouncing up and down probably trying her best to answer Nora's question.

"She also constructed the carriage itself," Nelimir said.

Nora had been doubtful as to how it would get down from such a height when their ride reached the edge of the wall. But as if to prove its prowess, it immediately moved down the vertical surface. Nora gasped when the image outside the window turned, while she remained feeling like she was sitting up.

"She wasn't the top alumnus in the academy for no reason," Yvain said, "she actually learned of starlight way before Nelimir and me."

Nora focused on the tiny frog. "So she's stronger than you?"

"No, no," Yvain scrunched his eyebrows, "If I remember correctly, they taught her how to make use of starlight through engineering and schematics, but she never knew it could actually be directly used by her body." He tried to hide his annoyance, but memories of when Draconian's Tavern was first created came flooding in.

"And of course, Nelimir and I were treated like idiots by her when we acquired the knowledge of starlight ourselves," he said.

"It's a closely guarded secret, you can't blame her for not telling you," Elly, who had been trying to look uninterested in the conversation, chimed in.

"And what about you?! You also knew! After I finally managed to become as strong as you, you pull the rug from under me and start beating me around again." Yvain glared at his master, but she just smiled.

"It's your own fault for being so weak," she said tauntingly.

Yvain was about to at least send a kick or punch her way but Nora's head on his shoulder stopped him.

"What do you mean it's a closely guarded secret," she asked, trying to calm master and apprentice down.

Elly looked at Nora with an unreadable expression for a few quiet seconds. "Normal citizens of Empryon aren't allowed to know of starlight. Only those that practice magic in an institution or join guilds can."

"Am I correct to assume you joined a guild before this one then?" Nora asked.

Elly nodded, but didn't say anymore and went back to looking out the window.

"Are you a citizen of Empryon, Miss Nora?" Nelimir asked.

Ivallen
Ivallen
33 Followers