Stay Lady Stay

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Colic usually has the following features: Timing: Colic is when a healthy baby cries for a very long time, for no obvious reason. It usually goes away on its own by age 3 to 4 months. Up to 1 in 4 newborn babies may have it.

Jude loved having a family even as he hated some aspects of it like all the crying and pile of dirty diapers. Still, Jude wouldn't trade it for the world. He was a husband and a father with two wonderful boys and a newborn and this was what fathers to newborns were supposed to do, weren't they? After feeding, burping and a diaper change, Sarah would put Joy down to nap and attempt to rock her to sleep, too often have her suddenly upset and crying her little heart out as if in agonizing pain.

The next Tuesday night, knowing that Sarah wanted some alone time with Joy, Jude decided to take Matt and Paddy candlepin bowling at Bowlerama. That way the boys would be out of Sarah's hair.

Matt checked out Bowlerama beforehand on his phone. "It says here they have the best Nuclear Chilli Dawgs in Boston. I want ten," Matt stated with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Why ten...I don't know if you can eat that many?" questioned Jude. He didn't want to start lecturing the boys about healthy eating, he was still trying to earn their love. He wanted them to view him as a real Dad, not just a caregiver.

"I want ten Nuclear Chilli Dawgs because nuclear chilli dawgs give you nuclear chilli farts. I sleep on the top bunk. I'll be farting on Paddy the whole night." Matt laughed teasing his younger brother.

"Hey, no fair!" protested Paddy. Part of him wanted to go back to his Mom but he didn't want to be a "baby." So, despite being trepidatious, Paddy went with Mat and Jude to Bowlerama. The budding family had fun and the boys started to love Jude. Matt didn't get his "wish" of ten 'chilli dawgs'. Jude wasn't used to kids but he wasn't a total idiot. The last thing they needed was a sick kid and a baby crying so much. Before going home, Jude took the boys out for ice cream.

For Paddy going candlepin bowling with Jude and Matt was a "highlight" of his young life. Paddy loved Bowlerama. It had so many bright lights and it was noisy. His concern over the Nuclear Chilli dawgs soon dissipated. To his surprise...and everyone else's Paddy won the game! It was an actual win too...not a pity win. Paddy liked life at Jude's and grew to love and accept him.

"Shh!" said Sarah when they entered the apartment. "I just got Joy down to sleep." The family quietly got into their beds. Sarah got up several times during the night to nurse Joy. Jude protectively watched---a proud father finally with a budding family of his own.

Meanwhile at work:

A few weeks went by. The Spy Picture frame on Nina's desk started beeping. Its memory was full---now was the time to fix the problem.

It was probably illegal to film her boss like this, in fact, Nina was sure it was but none of that HR ethical crap would matter once Avery's treatment of her was leaked out onto the internet. He would be condemned in the court of public opinion.

Nina took the Spy Picture frame and made her way down to Jude's office. They looked at the footage. There was a mountain of evidence. Avery would always go to Nina's office to use cocaine inside the building, so if any evidence was found, he could pin the cocaine usage on Nina. He was the one who brought in the big bucks, Nina was only a secretary and handicapped at that. She was disposable. Who would believe her over him? He was an important man after all. Avery had no problem calling her a "gimp" multiple times on the recorded video.

Avery knew he was a successful man so he would be trusted over Nina. Apart from his open usage of illegal substances in the office and his abuse of Nina, he constantly referred to his clients as dykes, heebs, camel jockeys, japs and gooks. No ethnic or minority group was spared from Avery's racist onslaught.

The evidence was more than enough to convict Avery. Jude compiled all of it into a five-minute video. The result would be a career ender for Avery. However, Jude had what some would perceive as a 'weakness' in that he believed in second...or at least final chances. He was determined he would give Avery one. Avery could choose to pull out of his bad behaviors. He could "man up" and take responsibility. The ball was put in his court.

Jude confronted Avery outside the office where Avery went to smoke joints and other "drugs to inspire creativity". Jude knew he had moments before the security officer arrived to speak to him. It was time to be blunt and direct.

"Your former secretary, Sarah, has a daughter now. Congratulations on being a father, Mr. Curry." He began to walk away before security could intervene.

Jude's statement had piqued Avery's curiosity. "What did you say?" questioned Avery loudly with a hint of warning in his voice. He wondered, 'How dare this low-level worker accuse an important man like him of something like that? I am an honorable hardworking man! I have scruples!'

Stopping, Jude turned to face Avery. "You're a father! Your former secretary, Sarah, had a baby girl two weeks ago! She's a healthy and feisty little thing. Her name's Joy. Stop by my apartment and see her sometime. I know Joy and Sarah would both love it."

Jude had no malice or ill intention in his voice when he said it. He genuinely hoped Avery would seize the day and become a better person, or at least make a kind gesture such as sending flowers.

"I would have thought a competent worker like you would know better than to believe a slut like Sarah, who's clearly trying to pin her unwanted pregnancy on me. Honestly, I'm surprised every whore in Boston...no Massachusetts doesn't stick their unwanted spawn on me. Don't be such a gullible idiot. The slut's baby clearly isn't mine. Now you'll have to excuse me. I need a pick-me-up that isn't coffee," said Avery winking as he walked away and sniffed a vial of white powder.

Jude just shook his head in dismay. He had given Avery his second chance. Jude posted the video of Avery Curry's misdeeds to The Boston Globe's Spotlight Team website. Spotlight is a crack team of investigative journalists who had exposed corruption in the Catholic church, the Boston police force, plus many other things. Within the hour, Spotlight had an investigative journalist interviewing Nina. By lunchtime, the journalist had concluded that the abuse of women and minorities was rampant at the company.

The entire staff, of course, was aware of Avery's malevolent comportment but in the past, those who had spoken out lost their jobs, so a code of silence percolated through the company. Despite being president, Avery still had to answer to the board and the stockholders. And then there was public opinion.

By the day's end, Avery was fired for breach of contract. He was out on the street. He had no recommendations and no prospects for another job. Avery Curry was up the creek without the proverbial paddle. He of course blamed Nina and Sarah. Nina had made the film and Sarah had gotten pregnant with his baby. They were women and they were inferior, therefore it was their fault because it certainly wasn't his fault.

"Fuckin gimp," he yelled to Nina, tossing a stapler at her, as the Boston Police were leading him out of the office.

Rage with the energy of a thousand exploding suns radiated from Nina. she'd had enough! "Asshole!" she yelled in a voice full of malice and contempt. A well-placed kick landed directly on Avery's balls. The cops did nothing as Nina kept reigning blows onto the handcuffed Avery for hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

The Americans with Disabilities Legal Association soon contacted Nina. They helped her file a lawsuit against Avery and the company. Nina received a settlement large enough for her to afford the first-floor apartment she wanted so her muscular dystrophy wouldn't bother her so much. Both Jude and Nina were allowed to keep their jobs. They were happy working under the company's new boss who still brought in enormous profits without the abuse.

Thanks to the video, Sarah was able to sue Avery for child support. Sarah, her kids and Jude had been a family for a half year when Jude finally worked up the courage to ask Sarah to marry him.

"We can build a new home together, you, me, Joy and the boys! One that will last for as long as we want. We can be together as a real family. Please, marry me?" questioned Jude.

Sarah said yes without any reservations or hesitation.

The wedding was held at City Hall as Sarah and Jude didn't need anything special, their special love was all they wanted. There was no wine or roses. They felt were already married like swans were married. Tears of joy appeared in Sarah's eyes as she kissed Jude. She and her children had a home. They were happy, they were safe, they belonged. They were a family!

Nina watched the three children while Sarah and Jude had a brief honeymoon. It was just at the Marriott on Massachusetts's seashore for the weekend but it was enough. The couple even rented the bridal suite!

Jude carried Sarah across the suite's threshold. Despite her age, Sarah was still beautiful (are not all new brides beautiful?) Jude scooped Sarah up in his arms and carried her to bed.

"You are so gorgeous Sarah, my love." Jude kissed her eyes. "I want so much, to make love to you, Sarah...I've wanted it for so long, since before you moved in with me."

"Me too Jude, me too." cried Sarah as she eagerly kissed him back.

Hearing his name coming from her in that way was hypnotic. They were before each other, man and wife; lovers at last. Still Jude, so terribly lacking in self-confidence, had half expected Sarah to flee. He wondered, 'How could an amazing woman like Sarah want me?'

Jude, nearly came, as her hands moved to quickly work the buttons on his shirt, and undoing his belt, freeing him from the outfit with ease. He kept his eyes focused on Sarah as she pushed the shirt from his shoulders and let his pants drop to the floor.

Knowing that Jude was hesitant and perhaps afraid to touch her, Sarah took the lead. She lifted her own shirt over her head and tossed it to the floor. Jude just stared in lustful trance, unable to fully believe that her full breasts were fully exposed to him at last.

Sarah was glorious...perfection...her breasts were a fine ivory capped with dark pink nipples that stood erect as he moved to cup a heavy mound in each hand, drawing a sigh from her that only spurred him on. Sarah was his! Sarah was his at long last! This thought made Jude only want her more than he had thought it possible to want anyone...she was a light that drew Jude like a moth to a flame.

Jude pulled Sarah close and pinched each nipple between his thumb and forefinger, tugging on them gently...pulling at the tender flesh until she cried out even louder than before with her head thrown back, allowing Jude access to her neck that he eagerly explored with warm, wet kisses.

Sarah's eager, uninhibited reactions to Jude's touch were mesmerizing. Jude felt like he was making love for the first time ever...he was lightheaded, nervous and second-guessing himself. Still, overwhelmed with need, he kissed his way down Sarah's neck, nipping her neck down over her finely sculpted collarbone.

Jude whispered gentle, loving words to Sarah as he embraced her just enjoying the feeling of them being together. He kept telling her she was beautiful in every way, a real woman, the kind of woman he'd always wanted.

Sarah's head rested against Jude's chest, her skin was flushed to a beautiful pink...her lips were swollen from the force of the kisses the couple had shared as Jude looked down at her, wanting to memorize how his Sarah...no...now his wife, looked. She looked divine beneath him. She was his delivering angel.

Sarah accepted Jude with ease, opening her arms...and embracing him...it was an amazing feeling to be so loved. Sarah eagerly kissed Jude again and again; her tongue outlined his lips teasingly. He was her husband now and she knew she loved him deeply.

Sarah leaned back. Jude broke away from her mouth, he trailed his lips over his new bride's face, turning her head so he could lavish kisses upon her.

Jude swore to Sarah, that he would never leave her. She was his and his alone. Jude told her that she was the epitome of a real woman, and that Sarah embodied what it meant to be a wife and mother.

Slowly, still praising her body, adoring the little gasp that escaped her, Jude kissed his way down Sarah's neck, to her breasts. He trailed his lips to her right breast where he easily sucked her pretty pink nipple deep into his mouth so he could suckle it with vigor; he flicked his soft tongue over the nub with quick strokes before nipping it with his teeth causing Sarah to let out a small moan that he then licked away as she continued to wither beneath him, her beautiful back arched, her hands tangled in his hair. Soon they were fully united as one.

Nina sighed as she sat down in her new Lay-Z Boy with a cup of foamy hot chocolate. All of Sarah's kids, including the baby, were finally asleep. She was babysitting them while Jude and Sarah were on their honeymoon. It was the least she could do. Thanks to the lawsuit, Sarah had been able to buy a first-floor apartment. Her leg didn't hurt as much and she didn't have to worry about falling to her death from icy stairs.

Sure, the apartment above her was loud and the street traffic sometimes bothered her. But Nina was happy. She was living in the same neighborhood she'd always lived in. It had all her friends, and the same stores, they were a community.

All too soon the brief honeymoon came to an end. Jude went back to work and Sarah stayed home with Joy. She took care of the house. The boys went to school. Life went on.

The newlyweds were busy and did not have much time to themselves. Some afternoons, Jude would come home early from work. The baby would be sleeping and the boys would be at school. Sarah would want her husband so she'd take him by the hand and lead him to the bedroom. Sarah loved pushing him back against their marital bed, her hands in his hair. She'd undo his pants with one hand.

Jude would flip her around. Sarah would let out a primal moan from deep within her.

"Quiet, or you'll wake the baby and then we'll really be in trouble," stated Jude laughing as he covered Sarah's mouth with kisses. Then he would slide a finger deep within Sarah, watching as she quivered under him. Jude couldn't get over the sight of seeing Sarah like that. He couldn't get over being married and having a family of his own and a woman who really loved him.

'Before', what a strange word.

It hadn't been that long but Jude couldn't imagine going back to the way things were before he and Sarah were married. Lying entwined with Sarah in a stolen afternoon was amazing. When Jude heard Joy fussing he let Sarah sleep and got up to tend to Joy.

Joy would smile up at Jude from her crib and gurgle. He's the only father she's ever known and he loved it. Her eyes follow him everywhere--blue eyes that sparkle like mountain ponds. Jude adored her, she was his little girl. 'Beautiful' and 'gorgeous' are what he calls both Sarah and Joy.

They're his! He protectively watches Joy roll over in her crib and grab his finger. Her tiny hand wraps around it. Joy laughs, making Jude smile and blow a raspberry against her stomach. That sends her into a fit of giggles.

Autumn was coming and the boys had switched to a school closer to Jude's house. Every day Sarah went to the MTA to pick them up, taking Joy with her in the stroller. She walked her boys home unaware that they were being followed and had been for some time.

Avery Curry, now reduced to begging and stealing because of his job loss and drug habit, had spotted Sarah's family a few days before. 'So that was the woman who had HIS daughter. That was the woman he paid child support to. How dare she be so happy!' Avery would make Sarah suffer like he was suffering; she would be miserable too. Avery got a semi-automatic pistol from a local pawn shop.

One day as Sarah was returning from a walk she heard someone yelling behind her.

"Fucking bitch!" he called to Sarah and he raised the gun. Sarah let out an ear-piercing scream, her face lost all of its color and she clutched baby Joy protectively to her.

Focused on destroying, Sarah, Avery didn't notice as Matt coming home from school snuck up behind him, deathly quiet. A suffocating feeling arose in Sarah's throat as she watched her son. What if something happened to Matt? Sarah loved all three of her children.

She wanted to be inside her home where she could better protect her son and Joy. But now though Sarah realized she was home...well at least in front of her home (at least as much of a home as she'd ever known where she, Joy and the boys were all treated as family by Jude) she felt so helpless.

As she stood frozen, Sarah felt she had no strength left and would faint away. She felt her whole body trembling but still managed to hold her baby. How could she be facing death like this? It wasn't fair as at long last she had true happiness. Jude truly was a husband and a father to them all. What about her boys? Every second the terror increased. What was Avery waiting for, how long had it already been? If it had been a second...multiple seconds or an eon had passed; Sarah wouldn't have known. She took a long deep breath. She could hear Joy crying; she could smell the city and feel the breeze. Her mind asked the question again: had Avery been pointing that gun at her for seconds, minutes or eons? Sarah was sure she was the passenger, not the driver in her own body.

Sarah saw Matt pick up a large rock even as she heard her baby's sudden scream distracting Avery.

Sarah's heart was pounding in her chest. How many beats did her heart have left? She was on the verge of collapsing from the terror! Would it hurt to die? What about her children? Who would stay with them? Who would love them? All of this seemed to take an eternity though mere seconds has actually passed.

Sarah and Matt were both silent as time seemed to stand still. Paddy stayed well back. It was a moment between mother and son. No one else was watching. No one else mattered. Matt was perfectly sure of his actions. He was determined, he had no questions; no other options.

Sarah's son Matthew, though Matt, was a child, still he was mature for his age and he had the courage of a man. He had stayed behind to look at store windows and had just caught up, but was still behind Avery. When he saw the gun pointed at this mother and baby sister a stab of rage filled his mind.

How dare this psychotic man threaten his Mom and baby sister with a gun? They were innocent and had harmed no one! In a flash, Matt wished he had a bow and arrow taunt and ready for the hunt, a war hammer, or a silver sword with emeralds as big as chicken eggs...something that a real hero would have. Something he could protect his mother and sister with. He violently hit Avery in the temple with the rock.

Avery did manage to get one shot off. It hit Matt cleanly in the shoulder. He heard his mother scream and his siblings cry from fright. Later, Matt wouldn't be able to say how he did it, only he did. Matt had grabbed a rock from the street and smashed Avery in the head. It wasn't the overly dramatic weapon of a hero but it did the job.

Though wounded, he repeated hitting Avery again and again. He was unceasing in his rage. There was a loud piercing scream from Avery. Blood spewed forth from Avery's head. It flowed from his ears, his eyes, and his mouth. Avery dropped the gun from Matt's onslaught. Soon Avery was incognizant and lay sprawled in the gutter.

Avery had frozen for a microsecond as Matt smashed his skull with a rock. His eyes bulged as he toppled forward twisting to see his attacker. Reflexively he aimed the gun at the assailant and fired before collapsing and flailing and writhing upon the filthy pavement. As Matt continued to rain blows down relentlessly, shock at his own mortality floated into Avery's eyes before they clouded and closed for the final time. Then Avery Curry lay in the gutter dead with a mundane finality. At long last, he had been brought to his knees. He looked feeble and shrunken, no longer like a human being. Perhaps, he'd never been a human.