Steel Hearts: Amazing Grace

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seriously? You're going to put that on me?" she asked her brother incredulously.

"I will kill any bastard that hurts you, and you can visit me in jail because this guy is not fucking around Gracie, and now neither are we," he looked to his friends for support.

"And the safe house option?" she asked.

"We take you to the packhouse, and you live, eat and breathe there, which would be safer all around. If you took that option, you wouldn't have to date me, but you wouldn't see your friends or work and sing in the club downstairs," Saxon explained. "Also, there is less of a chance of us catching the arsehole if he can't find you to torment you the way he has been. That means the cycle could just start all over again once you come out of hiding."

"And if I just pack my shit into my car and just run away?" she asked, making Teddy growl at her.

"Your stalker would track your bank accounts, phone, rego. You would be playing right into his hands," Saxon explained.

"I assume you have all talked through every other option I might have?" she looked directly at Teddy, and he nodded. "And the best option is dating Saxon and acting as bait so the stalker will come to us?" Grace's voice was clipped as she considered the no-win situation. She looked at Saxon as she took a bite of toasted cinnamon bread. He'd been her shadow recently, and she hadn't hated it. The truth was she felt comfort in knowing he was close by with his dark, broody persona.

"They hit you with a lot this morning," Beau said. "Maybe you'd like some time to think about what you want to do?"

"No," she sighed. "I'll stay here and face it for Teddy," she gave him a crooked smile and then turned back to Saxon. "You aren't going to like being my boyfriend, pretend or not," she let her smile widen as he stared at her and narrowed his eyes.

"Why is that?" he challenged back.

"I'm one of those needy, clingy girlfriends who enjoys PDA and romantic gestures. But, of course, that goes both ways, so expect me to be a little handsy. There will be no cutesy nicknames, but I could go with something weird. But, of course, the weirder, the better, so you have to make up a back story for it. I'll let you know yours after my shower," with that, she stood and left them staring after her as she went to shower. She stopped at the door and turned back. "Oh, and if my boyfriend plans to take me out anywhere, like on a date, we need to go shopping this morning."

"She's not even joking," Teddy leaned back and roared with laughter at the look of chagrin on Saxon's face.

"Fuck, I love that girl," Beau choked out around his laughter. "Good luck with that, buddy."

"You think either of you is going to enjoy watching the PDA she just asked for?" Saxon smirked at them, and their laughter died off. "I'm going to shower too, and then the Amazing Grace and I are going public."

*****

Grace emerged from her room in a dress she hadn't worn in over two years. She was surprised to find it amongst the saved ruins of her clothing. Most of what was saved was old and threadbare or damaged, and this dress was the most decent thing she had to wear aside from the work uniform Teddy had brought for her and a few other essentials to start back at work. It was tight across the bodice, but the full skirt was delicate and rested just above her knees.

The dress had been white once but was now a slightly greyish off-white with flamingos placed randomly all over it, giving the greyish background a weird pinkish tinge. With the choice of her work shoes or joggers, she chose the back kitten-heeled pumps and felt immediately like some retro wannabe. She put her hair in a loose plait that curled around her head and hung over her left shoulder.

Straightening her shoulders as she approached the guys who still sat around the table, although it had been cleared and the kitchen cleaned. She smiled. She loved the guys as much as she loved Teddy. She knew any one of them would come to her rescue if she needed. On the other hand, Saxon didn't know nor did she know the mysterious sixth member of their little posse.

"So, where's my Chewbacca? You know, the tall hairy guy I'm dating now?" she asked with a grin.

"Why Chewbacca, he's not that hairy?" Beau said with a frown. He always seemed much closer to Saxon than the others, and Grace felt like she might be walking a fine line between insulting his friend and making them laugh.

"Well, I always imagined big guys like Saxon make the Chewbacca noise when they cum," she shrugged and tried to hide her smile. "Don't you wish you had stopped with tall and hairy?" she tilted her head at Beau. "You can't get that sound and image out of your head now, can you?"

"Cinnamon seems a bit tame by comparison at this point, but it's a name we can explore together," he chuckled, enjoying the small jump she made as he startled her. "You ready to go?" he asked.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"Downstairs to start with, we need to discuss your new job and the security required for your safety while working and living here. Then, when you leave this place, it will always be with one of the guys at a bare minimum and me or Beau. This stalker you have isn't fucking around Grace, and now neither are we," Saxon said, taking her hand and walking her to the elevator rather than the stairs.

They travelled down to a basement where the elevator opened out onto a speak easy style whiskey bar, to her surprise. Saxon didn't let go of her hand as he walked through to stand before the group of men and women gathered there on lounges set around low tables.

"Thank you all for coming in so early this morning, except the kitchen crew, because you're already on the clock," Saxon chuckled. "I'd like to introduce my girlfriend, Grace Freeman, who will be joining the team here at the Doss House both in the club upstairs and here in the whiskey bar. So the kitchen and floor staff can go. Security teams, stay, please."

"Well, that was embarrassing," Grace said, moving closer and standing on her tiptoes so she could speak close to his ear as some of the people left the room.

"How was that embarrassing?" he asked, looking stunned.

"You drag me up here like some first-grade show and tell exhibit for everyone to gawk at and announce I'm your girlfriend. Do you know how many of those women gave me death glares? The stalker is the least of my problems right now," Grace said in exasperation.

"I don't date anyone that works for me," Saxon shrugged.

"Hello, you just told them I will be working here," she argued.

"We were dating first, and the job you have will be different to theirs, so it's no big deal," he said as if that made all the difference.

"And what exactly am I supposed to be doing here if it's different to the rest of the wait-staff?" she demanded. Her brain conjured some unappealing possible jobs, and she quickly looked around to make sure there were no poles on the small raised platform she assumed would be a stage.

"Hold that thought," he lifted a finger and turned to address the security team that gathered closer to where they stood with the guys now standing behind them. "Gentlemen, there have been threats not only to Grace, but to members of the Sovereign Six of the Steel Brotherhood. Mitch was targeted yesterday in retaliation for helping Grace when her stalker destroyed her apartment and belongings. The stalker has also left threatening messages at her former place of employment. I trust this team will not allow that to happen here."

Grace felt like she was under a microscope. She wasn't sure whether to say something in her own defence or not. She hated being the focus of attention in this room. She tried to pull her hand from his so she could make her getaway, but he only clutched it tighter as he continued to speak for another minute to hand over the meeting to Mitch and then suddenly, they were moving again with Beau flanking her other side. They went through a series of doors and wound up in a garage where Beau unlocked a classic car that Grace couldn't identify as Saxon guided her to the backseat and then slid in beside her.

"This morning we shop, and this afternoon we discuss your job in the club," Saxon stated. "You've had a few days to go through what could be saved, so you have a good idea of what you need?"

"I guess so," she frowned, thinking of her dwindling bank balance.

"Your brother and I have worked out a budget, so stop frowning. I like my girlfriend to look and act a certain way so pretend I am just providing you with the costume to play your part," he said when her frown deepened at the news of a budget.

"It's your money to waste," she shrugged then turned to look out the window. The last few days had been so surreal. Her life had never been perfect but how she wound up in the back of a car chauffeured around by Teddy's brotherhood seemed to elude her. Possibly because it was so hard to believe she had lost everything she owned and her job in less than a week because of some guy who tried to make her homeless and hopeless for what? So, he could swoop in and save the day and have her love him in return?

"I can almost hear you thinking. Do you want to share the worries?" Saxon asked gently.

"So, this guy took away my home and my job, and I'm assuming he's now targeting my friends that he thinks are a threat. Mitch is always picking me up like a doll to hug and carry around, but the others are pretty friendly too. If he is trying to destroy my life, so I have no option but to turn to him, aren't Teddy and the guys in more danger than me? I mean, that's assuming he wants me alive when he reveals himself on Valentine's Day."

"That's why I'm now your boyfriend," Saxon smiled, "And why there will be a lot of PDA while we are out in public today. So it's probably best to get that first awkward moment out of the way here in the relative privacy of the car," he said softly. Then he turned her face to his, cupping her cheek and jaw with one hand. He smiled softly and pressed his lips to hers, running his tongue along the seam of her lips and being happily surprised when they parted for him.

There was nothing rushed or hurried about the kiss. It wasn't hard or aggressive. It was one of those perfect first kisses that Grace read about in the trashy erotic stories she enjoyed. But, no matter how good this moment felt, she had to remind herself this was just pretend. They were hunting her stalker. Her hands brushed over his chest, and she knew she had to stop this before she got carried away with the scary hot guy that was her pretend boyfriend. Pulling back, she looked up at him and smiled.

"Well, that wasn't awkward," she gave a nervous laugh and sat back in her seat, unsure of what to do now.

"Not one little bit," Saxon agreed and turned his head at a snort from Beau, who continued to drive.

"Where are we going?" Grace asked as she looked out of the window seeing the large houses on big blocks, the yards perfectly manicured. They were in a suburb she could never dream of living in, and suddenly she felt drab and out of place in her old dress and loose messy braid.

"Harbour Cove," he responded. "I like shopping there, and I have a few things in mind for you."

"Resort wear?" she laughed, making him roll his eyes at her.

Minutes later, they parked and walked into the small shopping precinct built around a harbour full of million-dollar yachts and boats. Saxon guided Grace to Wild Secrets and left her in the capable hands of the owner while he spoke with Beau at the front of the store. Nothing had price tags on them, and she worried about the amount of lingerie this woman was suggesting. So, she agreed to none even though she allowed the woman to measure her and tried on several brands for fit. She preferred the lighter flesh or pink tones, even some pastels and subtle prints, but she outright refused the bright reds and stark blacks that seemed prevalent in the sexier brands.

"Saxon, there are no price tags on anything, which tells me I can't afford to be in a place like this," Grace hissed at him when he approached to check on her.

"I told you your brother and I put together a budget, and you don't have to worry about it. Besides, you can pay us back when you get the insurance from your apartment if it means that much to you," he shrugged. "Get dressed and tell me which things you liked, and I'll choose for you if you like."

"Whatever," she huffed. Then, when she was dressed, she found Saxon talking to the saleswoman who was busy boxing up a few of the sets she had particularly liked without her having to point them out.

"If you could courier those things to this address today, we would appreciate that. Thank you so much for your help, Rachael," Saxon said with a half-smile that showed a shallow dimple in one cheek, and Grace swore the woman almost swooned at her name coming from his lips. Her eyes travelled down to where their hands met as Rachael handed him the receipt, his hand covering hers for a moment.

Yoga and fitness wear came next, then more casual clothes for everyday wear though the clothes in this place deemed everyday wear would have been a dressy casual at the very least where she came from. They worked their way through her wardrobe to the cocktail dresses and gowns that she baulked at because she never had any need to wear gowns since she never went anywhere fancy.

"I'm not going to argue with you, Grace," Saxon said when she finally blew up and refused even to try on a dress in the last shop. "Besides, we almost skipped lunch entirely. Beau will take you to Paragon's while I return a few urgent calls. Order a platter, and I will join you as soon as I can," he smiled and pulled his phone from his pocket, walking slightly away from the two of them.

"I thought he'd never leave," Beau joked, rolling his eyes. "He can be a bit intense at times, and I know this wasn't easy for you, but you have to understand that this is his life, and he wants to share it with you."

"And every other girl in this place. You know it's pretty bad form to have your arm around your pretend girlfriend's waist while flirting with every saleswoman we met," she grumbled.

"That wasn't flirting." Beau chuckled.

"You weren't close enough. That first woman almost swooned when he held her hand and thanked her for putting up with me," she continued to complain, making him laugh again, but before he could make excuses for his friend, they arrived at the restaurant.

"Table for three," Beau said as the hostess approached them. "Saxon will be joining us."

"Of course," she said with a sweet smile and led them through to a table near the glass wall looking over the cove.

"Thank you," Grace said politely as she was seated and a napkin spread on her lap. Then she watched the woman walk away and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

"Beau, I can't take any more of this today. I need you to take me home, and if you won't, I'll catch a cab," she said, standing up and grabbing her purse and phone.

"Wait, what?" Beau looked stricken. "Take anymore of what?" he asked, confused.

"I told you already. It's humiliating to have Saxon flirt with everything in a skirt as if I am just supposed to put up with that shit. Not that anyone knows I'm his girlfriend. You know, if my stalker followed us today, he wouldn't believe the boyfriend thing for one minute and for all I know, Saxon went back to that last salesgirl who was all over him and is fucking her brains out right now. Even this bimbo's eyes lit up at his name. I wouldn't put up with that shit from a real boyfriend, and I am sure as shit not putting up with it from a pretend one. It's humiliating," she ranted.

"Stay for lunch, please. I will watch how he is with the hostess and servers, and if you are right, I will take you home straight after we eat and back your decision not to be his girlfriend, deal?" Beau said, trying to think quickly. "I wouldn't mind taking a turn at the role," he grinned and took her hand in his. He didn't doubt that Saxon probably looked like he was flirting. Women threw themselves at him often enough. He was intelligent, wealthy and had a bad boy persona that drew women like moths to a flame. Unfortunately, he often used that to get what he wanted, and Beau was sure that was the case today. He didn't know why Saxon had sent them to lunch ahead of him, but he knew it had been the wrong move after hearing what Grace thought.

Grace sat back down but wasn't happy as the time marched on. Each time Beau tried to make conversation, she shut him down with one-word answers or pleas to take her home. When she finally saw Saxon walking towards them with the hostess glued to his side and both hands wrapped around his bicep, she muttered "see" under her breath and shook her head.

"Don't you two look like a happy couple," Beau said, completely straight-faced and looked meaningfully to where the hostesses' hands wrapped around his bicep.

"Oh, we're just friends," she said with a smile. "With benefits," she waggled her eyebrows and laughed a pretty little trill as Grace wished the floor would open up and swallow her. "I'm joking, just joking," she hurried to say as Saxon pulled his arm from her grip and stepped away from her.

"What the hell?" he asked, shock giving way to anger as Grace refused to look at him, keeping her eyes down.

"Seems like your girlfriend feels like these little humiliations have been happening to her all morning, so unless you have some magic apology, I think you can consider yourself dumped," Beau said without any emotion. "We can go now if you want Grace, I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

"Oh my God, I'm sorry! I didn't know," the hostess apologised and then fled from the anger evident in Saxon's expression.

Grace gathered her purse and phone and stood to walk from the restaurant with as much dignity as she could muster without lifting her head to look at Saxon. But, unfortunately, the day was just going from bad to worse. She'd barely taken two steps before Saxon stood before her and pulled her into his arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realise," Saxon said softly. "This is going to take some adjustment on both our parts. I've never had a girlfriend before. You have to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I would never purposely hurt you, not ever."

"I've never dated a player before, but it sucks right off the bat, and I don't think I can do it," she said. "I know you are only trying to help, but I can't take it knowing you were just off screwing some bimbo while your buddy babysat me," she sighed.

"I wasn't off fucking anyone," he laughed and guided her back to her seat, pulling his closer to hers. "I went and ordered your uniform for work and picked up a dress I liked that you tried on a few stores ago," he lifted the bag. Despite sending most of the purchases home by courier, he kept a complete outfit for her, including shoes. "I wasn't even flirting with anyone today. You can't blame me for that."

"Beau, hand me your napkin," Grace asked sweetly.

"Okay," Beau said slowly, showing his confusion. As he held it out toward her, she placed one hand under his and one over the top to capture the piece of material. Then she looked up into his eyes.

"Thank you so much, you've been wonderful, and I appreciate all the time you have given me this morning when I know you're so busy," she purred and watched a slow smile form on his face as he fell under the same spell Saxon had used on so many women. "Ignore my humiliated boyfriend over there because what matters right now is you and me," she added, and Beau snapped out of his daze.

"You gotta hand it to her. She does a great impression of you," Beau shrugged.

"Fuck! Grace, I had no idea, but I do now, and I will be a much better boyfriend. It's the first day. There were bound to be issues to overcome. Let's eat something, and we will work out some ground rules. This is about keeping you safe," he said, anger still colouring his voice even though he was doing his best to push down the jealousy she had just made him feel. That little scene with Beau had made him see red, not that he would admit it, and if that was how she had felt today, he understood why she was so upset. After that, he would be more careful in his interactions around women with her and without her.