Steel Hearts: Amazing Grace

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ooh, what I need is a good defence; 'Cause I'm feeling like a criminal; And I need to be redeemed; To the one, I've sinned against; Because he's all I ever knew of love," she could hear people in the audience mumbling along with her and smiled her anxiety lessening as the guys played faultlessly and lifted her performance.

The first set flew by, and she felt like she barely had time to grab her water and kiss the men who made all of this possible before they were back on stage and jamming to the slow but raunchy music they had decided to make their signature sound.

"There are some men here tonight," Grace said into the microphone toward the end of their third and final set for the night. "Men without whom I wouldn't be here tonight, let alone fronting this amazing group of musicians, so I'd like to dedicate this song to them if you indulge me?" she asked a little shyly. As she spoke, Rider placed a stool behind her, and Donovan bought her acoustic guitar from where it had sat beside Happy's drum kit, helping her put the strap over her head as Rider adjusted the microphone stand for her. Finally, the guys faded into the background, leaving her alone on stage with her guitar.

"This song is called Arms, and Christina Perri originally released it. So those of you who know it, I hope my unplugged version is not too horrific for you," she said and started playing the opening melody before her soft voice sounded from the speakers.

"I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart; But you came around; And you knocked me off the ground from the start," she took a deep breath to steady her nerves. "You put your arms around me; And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go; You put your arms around me, and I'm home" She looked over at the two men she dedicated this song to, and they had both leaned forward over the table as if to move closer to her as she sang.

"How many times will let you me change my mind and turn around; I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown," she saw a slight lift in Saxon's lips before she looked away ay the strangely silent crowd. "I hope that you see right through my walls; I hope that you catch me, 'cause I'm already falling; I'll never let a love get so close; You put your arms around me, and I'm home."

Grace sang softly, holding the crowd's rapt attention as well as the attention of the men it had been meant for and when she smiled softly and acknowledged them both at the end of the song as she sang.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Saxon and Beau. You put your arms around me, and I'm home," she sang, and the crowd erupted in applause as the guys from the band came back out onto the stage to salute the crowd with her. The men she sang for let her have her moment in the spotlight as they waited patiently for her to return to them.

*****

Epilogue:

Claudia Fairfax McMillan sat watching the video of a girl said to be responsible for the death of her husband and grandson. She had a good voice and obviously enjoyed the attention her sultry singing provoked from the men watching. The girl certainly knew how to use her assets to accomplish what she wanted, but Claudia would be damned if she would let the girl do to another family what she had done to Claudia's. She considered the girl on her screen again. She would need to think about the perfect punishment for the little bitch. Revenge was a dish best served cold, and she had time to consider the most excruciating way to exact hers.

*****

Authors Note: This story is for the Literotica 2022 Valentine's Day Story Contest. You've made it to the end. O know you may feel like it's unfinished, but for now it is as I contemplate if it can be turned into a series. I hope you enjoyed my entry enough to vote and comment. Thanks for reading! ~ellie