Steel Hearts: Amazing Grace

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine," she sighed. Then looked over his shoulder at the approaching waitress. Seeing her look over his shoulder Saxon knew one of the staff was approaching, but he didn't care. He had to try to make everything right with her. Cupping her face between his hands, he smiled and gave her a soft, sweet kiss.

"Do you know what you want to eat?" he asked in a hushed voice when he broke the kiss.

"Not really. I wasn't looking at the menu," Grace admitted.

"We could get a platter. Then you could eat what you like and leave the rest. Maybe one to share for the three of us?" Saxon suggested as he leaned back to encompass Beau in the question.

"Suits me," Beau said. "I love the platters here."

The atmosphere relaxed during their lunch and the two men's friendship with the easy and mostly funny banter helped to keep her relaxed. After lunch, Saxon excused himself and left her with Beau while he went to get some work done that couldn't wait.

"God, I think that's worse," Grace complained as Beau introduced her as Saxon's girlfriend when entering the spa after lunch. There was an unquestionable comfort in being invisible, she sighed. She was taken through for a massage and facial before being placed in a chair beside Beau, who claimed to love pedicures more than his manhood could stand if that got out, and she swore to keep his secret.

"I don't think I can take anymore primping or poking," Grace held up her hands as Beau tried to guide her to the salon chairs in the all-encompassing spa.

"Come on, just a wash and a trim you don't even have to get the highlights Sax suggested," Beau said.

"Highlights!" What colour highlights? What's wrong with the colour it is?" she asked in anxious rapid fire.

"Blonde just to enhance your natural highlights. Nothing is wrong with your hair. It's beautiful just the way it is," he reassured her.

"Then why am I here?" she huffed. She'd never had to put up with this much attention in her whole life. "It's all too much for one day with the shopping and the women all looking at me like I'm some sort of home wrecker and everyone touching me and poking me. I can't do this, please, Beau, don't make me do this. I'll come back tomorrow, I promise."

"Okay, how about this," he negotiated with her. "I will sit with you the whole time and show you some awesome custom paintwork and detailing I can do on ladybird when the parts and panels we need come in."

"Really?" she asked. "Anything I want?"

"Well, within mine and Eli's artistic talents, mainly Eli's talent," he chuckled. "But I haven't seen him turn down a challenge yet."

"Will you talk to Teddy about letting me race again?" she asked.

"You're a dumbass if you think we don't know you've been racing her now and then," Beau shook his head. "People talk when they see a car like the ladybird being driven by a girl."

"Fine," she huffed again. "But this is the last thing, right?"

"You won't have to leave this chair until you're ready to go home," he promised.

"Okay, let's get this over with then, and I will book out tomorrow as a rest day," she gave an exhausted sigh.

"I know you both agreed to this relationship thing, but, pretend or not, I had never seen Saxon treat a girl the way he treats you and never have I heard him apologise before today," Beau pointed out. "He's been with women, none of us is a monk, but he hasn't ever had a girlfriend or at least not since I've known him, which is longer than I've known any of the other guys. So he probably doesn't realise how overwhelming this is for you and is just trying to do something nice."

"It is nice, and he is being very generous, but I feel like I'm'not good enough to be his girlfriend, and he is trying to make me good enough, so I don't embarrass him at his club or in front of his friends who don't know that I'm Teddy's sister," she tried to explain. "If I let him change the way I look and dress, then what does that say about me?"

"Trust me, that's not his or my intention. We all love you just the way you are, Gracie. You're our Amazing Grace, and we are just trying to protect you and replace all of the things this stalker took from you, including a safe space with people who love you," Beau explained while guiding her to the chair. "You know any one of us would have volunteered to be your boyfriend and been happy about it. It just made sense for Saxon to be the one because if your stalker has been watching for a while, he wouldn't have seen you with him as just friends like us."

"Thanks, Beau. I would have felt pretty lucky to be your girl too," she smiled and kissed his cheek, then she let the stylist put a cape over her shoulders.

Two hours later, with her hair cut, highlighted and styled and her make up done professionally, she went to the locker room to change out of the robe she had been wearing. She found that instead of the clothes she had worn into the spa, there were only the boxes and bags Saxon had purchased throughout the day for her to change into now. Her clothes were not good enough for Saxon's girlfriend, she got it, but she couldn't wait for this to be over and get her own life back again. They would catch this guy by Valentine's Day. They had to, Teddy had promised her.

*****

"She thinks you didn't like anything about the way she looked and changed her to be an acceptable version of your girlfriend because she wasn't good enough the way she was," Beau warned Saxon as they waited for her to appear.

"Fuck. That's not why I did this," Saxon growled. He thought Grace was perfect the way she was, and he had thought he had made that obvious to anyone who cared to look.

"I know that. You know that, and the guys know that, but she doesn't know that. What she knows is she had seen you giving attention to all the beautiful women who are flirting with you, and she thinks you need her to compete with them," he explained. "She doesn't know you, Sax, not like the rest of us do. So you can't expect her to understand that this is not something you do regularly for women. She's going along with it because we promised to catch this guy by Valentines Day, but she's not happy about it. Don't push her anymore today, or she might just break. She's not as tough as she looks," Beau tried to explain.

"I'll... Fuck!" anything else he was about to say went out of his head as he saw her emerge from the locker room.

"Wow," Beau said and stepped forward to hug her. "You look amazing."

"I look like someone completely different," she laughed, "But I guess that was the aim of the game today." Then, she turned to Saxon, "Do I pass the girlfriend test now?"

"You always did," Saxon murmured and moved toward her. "You would look beautiful no matter what you were wearing. This was something you chose, not me, but I like it," He cupped her face with both hands and kissed her. He had no reason to keep his hands to himself. She'd asked for PDA, and he wasn't about to hold back. "You chose everything we bought today. Would you like to see what I would choose for you?" he asked, tilting his head before kissing her softly again. He had plans for tonight, but after being faced with her reaction to the shopping and spa day and Beau's warning, he changed those plans.

Grace let out a breath as his word and kisses did a number on her brain. He was right. He hadn't even suggested an outfit or style after the lingerie shop, and she could see now that he did that to make her fight him and pick out the things she needed rather than crotchless panties and peekaboo bras he'd picked up when faced with her refusal. He'd been too busy on his phone or flirting with the shop assistants to pay any attention to her as they'd shopped.

"I think I know how you would prefer me to dress, so I will pass," she rolled her eyes.

"Fair enough, but I think you would be surprised," he chuckled.

"Surprise me then," she challenged.

"Alright, let's go," Saxon agreed.

"Huh! No adult-only stores here?" she asked sweetly. He just chuckled and took her hand, leading her from Harbour Cove and all of its designer boutiques. "This new place of yours didn't have the same feel as the Fox Trap, but you can never judge a book by its cover."

"When have you been to the Fox Trap?" Saxon stopped suddenly and turned to face her, pulling her close and holding her by her biceps.

Grace looked up into hard dark eyes and blanched. He was angry at her, or at least mad about what she said. The truth was she hadn't been there, but her brother had told her enough about what happened there to ensure she was never curious enough to go in and check it out.

"Do you honestly think Teddy or the guys would let me anywhere near a place that wild?" she rolled her eyes. "They told me all the nasty stories to make sure I never went there," she sighed. "Now back off before I scream and have that lovely security guard over there come to my rescue." She said in a quiet threat and smiled.

"Try it. He's on my payroll," Saxon grinned and lowered his head to kiss her. This girl was perfect, she challenged him as no other had for years, and despite her bravado, she melted a little in his arms when he kissed her like this. Then, keeping an arm around her as he broke the kiss, they continued to the car. "Don't push me, Cinnamon," he paused. "Cinnamon bun? No, that's not right either, Cin?"

"Don't worry, Chewy. Something will come to you," Grace grinned as he huffed and helped her into the car.

"Call ahead and let Boyd know we're coming," Saxon told Beau and sent a quick text to Eli and Teddy before sliding into the back seat beside Grace again. "I realise you don't know and probably don't care, but I own this centre, all of those owners and managers pay rent to me, and I hire the centre management and security. So I have to be nice to them and vice versa. I was not and will not flirt with any of them. When I am flirting, it will be with you, and you will know it," he had leaned close and spoke in hushed tones close to her ear, his free hand running from her cheek down over her shoulder, ribs and settled on her hip in a gentle caress.

"Thank you for clearing that up, not that it makes any difference now," she said, turning her head to look at him. The rational part of her brain wanted to push him away and maintain her own space, but something about this guy drew her to him when he was around, and she couldn't have said why. When he wasn't around like this afternoon, and she could think clearly, she still wondered what he was doing and when he would return. It was stupid, she knew. He wasn't the type of guy she dated, not that she dated much. Beau's words from earlier about him not having a girlfriend before ran through her mind, and she furrowed her brow.

"What's going through that pretty head of yours, Grace?" he asked, taking a deep breath as the car rumbled to a start and Beau pulled out of the parking lot. He watched as she looked up at Beau and then back at him.

"Teddy and the guys, and I'm assuming you don't do the girlfriend thing," she shrugged. "I came to the Doss House and would have stayed there without all of this. So why all this pretend boyfriend shit?"

"You saw how your stalker reacted to Mitch comforting you. This gives him a target who knows he's coming and can look after himself," Saxon explained, regurgitating what he had said this morning. "We explained the plan this morning."

"You did, but Teddy was putting a lot of emotional blackmail behind this idea. I was already doing what he asked. This all seems so unlike you guys, especially what I know about you," she challenged him again, holding his gaze.

"Teddy is the only one with family ties outside the brotherhood. You're different and deserve better. We want you safe and protected," he said without actually answering her question.

"Okay, fine. Where are we going?" She asked, resigned to the fact that he would continue talking in circles rather than answering her properly.

"We are going to a place where I can get my girlfriend some decent clothes," Saxon grinned.

"You don't like to give me straight answers, do you?" she asked.

"We're heading to a warehouse that a friend of mine runs. It has a small factory outlet attached where we can get everything we need," he explained further.

"Thank you. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?" Grace teased and patted Saxon's thigh.

"The boys are behind us," Beau said. "Eli and Teddy both."

"Good," Saxon said, "just in time."

Beau pulled up outside a warehouse, and Saxon was helping Grace from the car when Teddy and Eli showed up. Dismounting their bikes, they each hugged Grace as if checking to make sure she was okay.

"What are we doing here?" Eli said, stepping back from Grace.

"Delivering the bikes like I asked you to," Saxon said without missing a beat. "We," he indicated Grace and himself, "Are here because she wants to know what I'd prefer my girlfriend to wear," Saxon shrugged.

"One bubble wrap gown coming up, Princess," Eli laughed.

"Give us a little time to look around. Keep an eye out in case you were followed by the dickhead who claims he got Mitch yesterday," Saxon commanded and, without waiting for a response, took Grace's hand and shepherded her inside the building.

The room smelled of leather and polish, and Grace was surprised to find herself facing a counter in front of rows upon rows of motorcycle helmets.

"Well, well, well. So what's a pretty young thing like you doing in a disreputable place like this?" the man behind the counter chuckled, smiling at her.

"I dunno, Mister. My big strong man here said I should come, and well, here I am," she gave her best impression of a brainless bimbo while clinging to Saxon's arm. "Do you have anything in bubble-gum pink because that's like, my absolute favourite colour!"

"Boyd was trying to be nice. There was no need to be a sassy bitch," Saxon scolded her for the first time that day. "You can challenge the guys and me as much as you like. I enjoy it. But you will treat my friends with respect, do you understand?" he placed a hand under her chin and tilted her face up to his. "Now, we'll try this again. Grace, this is Boyd and Boyd, this is my girlfriend, Grace. She's still learning the rules."

"I can see that," Boyd smirked. "You walk in here dressed like a sweet little girl that's how you get treated, Missy. Let's get you into some clothes to match that attitude."

"I think we just found the winner for your new nickname, Missy," Saxon smiled widely as Grace scowled at him.

"You want the good stuff?" Boyd asked, shoving hangers along rails as if looking for something particular.

"What's the good stuff?" Grace asked as Saxon answered with a nod.

"It's got extra protection woven into the fabric," Boyd said. "Turn for me," he pointed one finger down and rotated it.

Raising an eyebrow at Saxon, who nodded, Grace turned in a full circle and held her hands out the side as if asking what next. Boyd put a pair of pants in her hand and pointed to a curtained-off dressing room. The pants fit like a second skin, and despite the thickness and feel of the material, they were probably the most comfortable pants she could remember owning. The curtain opened slightly, and Saxon looked in, holding out a bubble-gum pink top that seemed to be made of strangely sewn together triangles that took her more than a minute to work out how to put on while Saxon watched her enjoying her confusion.

Strangely, she didn't feel shy as he watched her clad in the skin-tight pants and only a bra as she wrestled with the top.

"Okay, come out and let me see properly," Saxon instructed. He watched as she padded out on bare feet. "Boots," he said to Boyd, who was already retrieving her shoes and clothes from the changing room.

Grace watched curiously as the two men interacted with a familiarity she hadn't expected when arriving here. The fact that he had scolded her for her attitude should have been enough of a hint that there was mutual respect between these men, but the more she watched, the more she saw that comradery that Saxon also shared with the guys. By the time she paid attention to the clothes she had tried on and exchanged for others, she was standing in a pair of skin-tight shiny black pants that Boyd told her were made of Kevlar, a soft, pink V-neck T-shirt and a vest made of the same material as the pants that laced up the front to just below her breasts.

"What are you thinking for the jacket detail?" Boyd asked Saxon.

"Can I have a look at the options, please?" Grace spoke for the first time in what felt like forever.

"You asked to see what I would like. This is what I would like my girlfriend to wear," Saxon said, moving closer to her and running his fingers down her vest to the lacing. "I want a particular jacket. Boyd knows which one. He was just asking if you wanted a badge on the shoulder or the back, and unless you are joining us permanently, badges will damage the leather when you try to remove them. Are you ready for that level of commitment?"

"Oh, I see," she said in a tight voice. At the same time, one hand continued to play with the laces on her vest, Saxon's other hand wrapped around her waist, holding her close.

"So, put on this jacket, then I can let the guys in. They've been bugging me for the last fifteen minutes," he chuckled. He took the jacket Boyd was holding and stepped back as she put it on and did up the zip that sat on a slight diagonal line behind a flap that buttoned over it to the opposite side of her collar.

"Like everything else, it fits perfectly," Grace said, turning in a complete circle for him.

"Boyd has a good eye for fit," Saxon agreed and stepped forward, pulling her tight against his body this time so that she could feel how she affected him as he said. "You look so fucking hot, even I don't believe that you would be my girlfriend," he breathed and kissed her, deepening the kiss and leaving her breathless when he finally pulled away from her.

It took Grace a moment to realise she could hear other voices, and she blinked, turning towards the doorway. Teddy looked surprised, and Beau appeared frozen with one hand on the door as he shut it behind him. On the other hand, Eli shrugged off his surprise and walked quickly toward her.

"Fuck me! Let me be your boyfriend. It will be worth every second of putting up with that psycho stalking us," Eli announced. "I promise I will treat you like the princess you are," he smiled widely as Saxon growled from beside her.

"That's my little sister you're talking about," Teddy groaned.

"Foster sister and don't try to tell me you don't think she looks hot," Eli accused.

"You brought my bike?" Saxon asked Eli and held out his hand, expecting his keys. "Teddy, you gave Beau his gear?"

"Yeah, we're good to grab her stuff and head back," Teddy agreed

"Be careful. The stalker could be watching you to find her. We're going for a ride," he held out his hand to Boyd, who placed a helmet in his hand. "Thank you for everything, my friend. You have my order?" he asked and, getting a head nod from Boyd, turned to Grace. "Let's go," he took Grace's hand, and they left the building.

It was the first time Grace had heard Saxon be the leader she knew him to be. It surprised and, in some ways, reassured her that the guys followed his lead without question. The fact that Teddy handed over his bike without argument amazed her. There was history between these four men, five including Mitch. She knew it because Teddy had lived it, and in small ways, so had she.

*****

Grace loved that Saxon didn't coddle her as he drove his bike up into the surrounding hills. She loved the feel of the vibrations and speed as she held onto the man and wished as ever that she had a bike of her own, but Teddy had warned her that he would dismantle any bike she bought. Nevertheless, she revelled in it so much that she was disappointed when they finally pulled off the road into a small hotel.

1...34567...17