Stinky Fred Oshkosh

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Half an hour later we were looking at paint chips. We selected one that both of us liked. Then as we waited for the paint to be mixed we heard a male voice.

"Stinky. Is that you?"

We turned to see Sam Upton standing there. It had been at least three years since I last saw him and he hadn't changed much. He shook Fred's hand and then looked at me. He studied my face, then looked me over.

"Sonia? Sonia Hodges?"

"Yes. It's me Sam."

"Sonia you have changed. I hardly recognize you."

"I get that a lot." I replied with a smile.

"I would really like to talk but my wife is waiting for me in the car. How bout we get together and go out for dinner. We are here visiting my parents. I can stop over to your house Stinky and we can make final arrangements. I mean you are living at home right?"

"No. I have my own apartment. Sonia is at home with her parents. I will call your parents number and we can talk later tonight. Will that work?"

"Sure. Makes sense. I mean it would really be nice to catch up. I know I haven't been back very often and even then just for overnight."

I felt I should clarify who was getting invited. If he was thinking Fred and I were a couple then it made a difference. If he was interested in visiting with only Fred it would be embarrassing if I showed up.

"Sam do you want to visit with both of us or with Fred?"

Sam looked confused. Then he glanced down at our hands.

"Sonia. Both of you. But I was assuming the two of you was married and I hadn't heard about it."

"Sam. Don't worry about it. Fred and I can make it. It should be fun to catch up just as you suggest. We are both working days. Or at least I am. Fred seems to spending a lot of time working evenings on the building his business is moving into."

"Ok. I'll wait to hear from you."

Fred and I finished getting the paint and some additional supplies. We headed for the car and arrived back at his office and dropped everything off. I looked at him.

"Shall we do the cut in now? That way we can paint the walls tomorrow in one fell swoop."

He looked me over from head to foot. "We have good clothes on. Do you want to take the chance of getting paint on them?"

"I'll have you know I'm a very good, non-drippy painter."

He laughed. "Non-drippy. I've never heard of that before."

"Well now you have." I replied and gave him a little playful shove.

"Ok. I'll get the ladder and cut in along the ceiling and part way down the corners. You have the rest."

We finished in a little over half an hour. It felt good to do something. Molly kept coming into my mind. It was going to be hard. But keeping busy was good too. I had watched Fred working on the ladder and appreciated again how good looking he was. I wondered what Sam thought when he found we weren't married but was picking out paint together. That was certainly good for a rumor or two. I was pulled out of my revelry by Fred's voice.

"Ms. Hodges. Why don't you call your parents and tell them you're with me and that we will have supper together. I should reward you for all of the help you have been today."

"Fred are you going to keep me all day. I didn't know you was such a workaholic."

"No. I should get you home. It's been a long day."

"Fred why don't we pick something up and take it to your apartment to eat. It would be nice to sit and relax for a while."

I caught myself just in time. I almost said I wasn't in a hurry to get home as I wasn't going to walk Molly tonight. The thought hurt. Those days were over.

"Ok. How about we pick up some chicken and fixings."

I called my parents while Fred cleaned the paint brushes in the sink in the mechanical room. Then I washed my hands in the bathroom. I hadn't spilled any paint on my shoes or my clothes. I was more than pleased. It was a first. We stopped, picked up chicken baskets and soon after arrived at his apartment. I knew he had planned on moving Molly in with him when the business opened as he would have his evenings open after all of the renovation work had been completed. When we walked in I saw a new dog bed next to the sofa. I felt myself begin to tear up. It would never be used by Molly. He saw me and stepped to me as a tear run down my cheek and wiped it away.

"I know. There are little remainders everywhere. It will take time. Come on. Let's eat and then we can sit down and relax by watching something on TV."

"Fred you know I'm really impressed with how much you have gotten done on your business. I had no idea you were so far along. I'm glad I was able to help out a little."

"A little! Sonia I have agonized for months over a name and you pulled it out of the hat in a matter of minutes. You have no idea as to how much that has helped and I think the wall color is just right too. Sometimes it's the little things that seem to be the hardest for me to get done. You seem to have talents I never noticed before."

"Fred it's not like we have spent all that much time together over the years. These past few days have been quite revealing for me too. I know these have been hard days for both of us. But I look forward to seeing you more often."

We cleaned the table and put some leftovers into the refrigerator and sat down on the sofa. We picked out a TV program to watch and sat down next to each other. After a while I scooched over right next to him. He smiled and put his arm around my shoulder as we watched reruns of Mork and Mindy. We laughed together the whole time. Robin Williams was one of my favorites. I don't exactly remember when we lay down next to one another rather than sit. But we must have. I was beat emotionally and it must have expressed itself in my closing my eyes and falling asleep.

I woke up to the TV screen showing an old, old black and white movie. The screen flickering flashes of light. Fred was spooning me from behind, his arm over my waist as we shared a pillow. I felt so warm and comfortable. I looked at my watch- one thirty-five! I felt myself jump awake. What would my parents think! I nudged Fred several times and felt him rouse.

"Fred. I have to get home. We both fell asleep. It's almost two in the morning."

"What! Sonia I'm so sorry. I fell asleep too. I guess having you so close was a good tonic."

I slowly gained my feet and Fred followed. The drive home was quick as there was no traffic on the two lane roads to slow us down. We spoke little. When we pulled into my parent's driveway I saw a light was left on for me. Fred got out and walked me to the door. I tried the door and found it unlocked. I turned to him.

"Call me. I can help finish painting the walls tomorrow."

"Ok. Get some sleep. Sonia thanks. I don't think I would have made it through the day without going insane without you."

I got up the next morning, showered, dressed for work and walked out to the kitchen where I could hear my parents conversing. When I walked in they both smiled. My dad spoke first.

"Well. We waited up for a bit longer than usual but then decided we needed to go to bed. Neither one of us heard you come into the house. You must have been pretty quiet."

I smiled. "I tried to be as quiet as I could. We fell asleep while watching TV and I didn't wake up until almost two."

"Honey. Don't worry about it. We knew you was with Fred. You was safe. It's not like we didn't know where you were. I know it was a hard day for both of you. We're all going to miss Molly."

I told them we had met Sam Upton while buying paint and that Fred had called him to make arrangements for both of use to have dinner with him and his wife tonight. They knew he had gotten married as they sometimes talked with his parents. I wondered how I didn't know about Sam's marriage if they knew. They thought it would be good for us to visit and catch up on where our lives had gone.

I got breakfast around for myself and visited with them. One thing was evident. It didn't bother them a bit that I was out late alone with Fred. I mused on this as I drove to work. Why should they be concerned? I was an adult, they trusted me, and I had trust in Fred. Which meant they trusted Fred just as much as I did.

The events of the past week played out in my head. Despite my negative feelings regarding men of my own age my reaction of to Fred surprised me. I felt so drawn to him and was falling head long into the kind of feelings that had always caused me pain in the past. On a rational level I didn't want to penalize Fred for what I had experienced in the past, yet down deep, emotionally I was trying to keep some distance between us. I felt a little confused as I knew I was failing to maintain a psychological barrier between us. It seemed once again I was my own worst enemy.

CHAPTER SIX STINKY RETROSPECTIVE

Work went along fine and I was happy with the firm. We had a meeting each week to discuss clients and their needs and if there had been any feedback, positive or negative, from any of them. This week one item of interest was that a new manufacturing firm was moving into town in the coming month and that the accounting firms in town would be in competition for their work. It didn't strike me as particularly noteworthy as I wasn't involved in sales or marketing.

The owner of the our firm, Mr. Timmons, also mentioned he had heard a rumor that a new accounting firm was going to open in town and that competition was going to increase for the services we offered. I wasn't sure I should say anything too specific, but I did mention I knew who was opening the business as I had gone to high school with him. I was asked a few questions of a general nature, but none that really seemed to matter a great deal. Only later did I think the new manufacturing business might offer an opportunity for Fred too. Now I wasn't sure if I should mention it to Fred or not; wondering if that would suggest to my employer I wasn't trustworthy. Now I felt maybe I had screwed up by saying something.

After work I drove to Fred's building with work clothes under my arm. I could see Fred inside through the window and walked in the unlocked door in a good mood.

"Ok. Break time is over. Time to get to work!"

"Good gracious! Who lit a fire under you?" He laughed.

"I'll be out in a minute dressed and ready to paint. Are we ready? You know we have to get home yet and get ready for dinner with Sam."

"I have everything we need right here. I'll stir the paint up while you're dressing. By the way you look nice."

"Flattery will get you some consideration." I laughed.

I walked back out in faded jeans with the knees worn out and a long-sleeved light weight shirt with my hair pulled back into a pony tail under a baseball cap. Fred looked at me as he handed me a paint roller on a long handle.

"Wow! You look even better now. So sexy!"

I took the handle and gently poked him in the belly. "Watch it mister. I'm armed."

He laughed at me, taking the end of the handle from his mid-section. "Armed and dangerous it appears to me."

I couldn't help myself. I tilted my head a little and gave him a coy look. "I'm always a little dangerous."

He just smiled broadly. Then took his roller and dipped it into the paint tray and walked to the far wall. I watched him step away. Damn he looked good. The vision that appeared next I quickly pushed away- this was no time to think about his holding me tight against him. I felt myself start to warm. I really did want to have his hands on me, exploring me, while his lips kissed me and sent me to a warm and cozy place. It had been a long time since a man made me feel that way.

It took less than an hour to get all of the walls painted. We both agreed that it looked as if one coat of paint was going to cover well enough. As we stood Fred placed his arm across my back, his hand on my shoulder as we scanned the room one last time. I felt a surge of warm pleasure flood over me and my mind repeated several times- please just kiss me!

"Looks like we can call it a day. I'll clean out the rollers and put the paint away while you change. I have my good clothes in the back of my car. I thought we could leave from here and go to your house where you can finish getting ready for dinner. I'll follow you and change at my parent's house. Then I can drive both of us to meet Sam at Rizo's. That way we don't need to drive two cars. Does that sound good to you?

"Yes. But Fred do you want to spend that much money again this week?"

"I think Sam really wants to make it a special evening for his wife. You don't mine do you?"

"Fred. I guess not. I can afford it."

"Sonia. I'm going to take you. After all of the work and everything else you have done for me this week I owe you."

He took his hand off my shoulder. I turned to look at him.

"You know Sam will think we are serious about each other if you pay for my meal."

Fred looked at me. But didn't say anything. I decided it was time to put things into perspective.

"Fred I don't want you to think you owe me anything. I'm doing this because I like you a lot. I've not been with a man in almost two years. The time I've spent with you has been the most enjoyable I've experienced in a very long time. Even though that includes Molly's passing. So you don't owe me anything. You really don't."

I watched his expression as he struggled to answer. His eyes came to mine and held.

"Sonia. I know I don't. I've just been using that language to hide my true feelings. Ever since we went for our first walk I've been smitten by you. I just didn't trust my feelings at first and then after a few days I was afraid if I moved too fast I would scare you off."

I realized he was probably right about scaring me off. I would not have been ready, at least not emotionally. But I surely was now. I knew I had not been, well, good at providing hints I wanted to be more intimate over the last few days. But smitten with me! What girl wouldn't feel good about a man telling her that?

I realized that perhaps I was smitten by him. I don't know exactly what my facial expression showed but I saw his lips approach mine. I must have telegraphed something to him. I closed my eyes and when his lips met mine I put as much of myself into returning the kiss as I could.

I felt myself raise up on my toes as our lips met, the surge of pleasure surprised me as I felt his body press against me as his arms pulled me close. I felt my arms come up from my sides and flutter in the air a few times as if I were a begging baby bird before I wrapped them around him.

I could detect a hint of aftershave that told my senses a man was squeezing me, wanting me, lusting for me. My body went hot as his hands came to my lower back and pressed me forward. I took another breath and pressed onto him again just as our lips went soft as if to suggest it was ending. I didn't want it to end. I wanted him to taste me, to have his body crave mine as much I wanted him. When we finally parted I looked into his eyes, then smiled.

"Whew! It's a little warm in here."

He didn't anything. He pulled me close again and kissed me more passionately than the first time, as if the first kiss was just a test. He pushed against me as I pushed back against him, placing my crotch firmly across his leg, pressing down to have my mound make firm contact. When we finished I was almost weak with pleasure. I had never, ever felt so wonderfully drained by a kiss.

He pulled me close and held me as I closed my eyes and drank him in and I felt his manhood firm against me. The thought crossed my mind he could take me right then and there behind the counter and I would do everything in my power to make it good for him. When I looked into his eyes I knew it had affected him the same way. The thought came to me- I didn't even know if he had condoms. We parted and we just stood there looking at one another. Then he smiled and took my hand.

"That was one whale of a great kiss. But if we keep going we aren't going to see Sam for supper."

"Supper? What supper" I deadpanned.

"Sonia you have no idea how delicious you look right now. But we have plans remember?"

"Oh. Yeah." I laughed. "I guess we do." Though I felt bad we did.

Two hours later we met San and his wife Susan. She was pretty and blonde. Tall and slim like Sam, with a bust that looked a little large on her slim body. I immediately liked her personality-bright and springy as if she had all the energy in the world and chose to share some of it with you. Sam showed maturity since I had last talked with him. Marriage generally has a way of bringing a man down to earth. He seemed more confident to me too as we talked.

Conversation had been light and we learned about how they had met and fallen in love, then married. Sam's job had taken him to her hometown and that was where they elected to stay even after he was offered another position elsewhere. The tug of family was strong for her and since Sam very much enjoyed her parents and siblings it had not been a hard decision for him to make.

Susan and I sat and listened as the two of them talked about old times growing up. Sam was a great humorous story teller and he kept us laughing much of the time. My ears perked up when he asked Fred if he remembered their first camping trip together in Middle School. I saw Fred's expression grow a little smile. Sam continued.

"Three of us decided to camp, Fred, Rodney Chamberlain, and myself, on the far side of the lake in the woods. It was close to home on state land and our parents were comfortable with it. We had a good time the first day swimming, making a campfire, and doing fun stuff. Well Fred had brought Molly along and the next morning we got up, had breakfast, and was sitting around when we heard Molly give a bark. You know you can't miss it when she gives that hound howl even once. We looked around and saw her down in a clearing prancing around in the grass as if she were playing with something."

I could see Fred's face change expression. As if in reverie.

"Well we quickly got up and ran down to see what Molly was up to. When we got close we could see three baby skunks looking up at Molly. Just standing there unafraid in the grass. Molly was beside herself thinking she had found someone to play with her. Fred had just started to pull her back as we felt sure mama skunk was probably pretty close by."

"Just as Fred got hold of her collar mama skunk appeared out of the grass, stamped her feet and lifted her tail. Rodney and I apparently saw her first and quickly retreated. Fred was paying attention to Molly and was trying to pull her back when the skunk let loose. Molly was trying to get close to mama skunk when it happened. The odor was so strong that our eyes and noses burned, but Rod and I didn't get any of the spray on us. Only Fred and Molly. It was really bad as we pulled Fred back towards the tent because his eyes burned. We pulled on Fred and Fred pulled on Molly. We doused both of them with water from the lake but it didn't seem to make much difference. At least not to our noses. At least Fred's eyes were flushed out enough for him to see."

"Long story short is this. Rod and I walked back to Fred's house and told his parents what had happened. His dad drove the pickup truck down and put both of them in the back and took them home. Rod and I took down the tent and took it back to his house. Good thing because Fred and Molly slept in that tent for two days before they were allowed back into the house."

"Yeah. I washed up, then washed Molly, and then washed up again. If you got close to her she still smelled that way for a week, not as strong, but it was there. Things is Molly really didn't seem to mind the odor once she was washed the first time."

"Apparently not. How many more times in high school did she try to play with a skunk?" Sam laughed.

"Sam I don't even want to think about it. At least two times I guess. At least while I was with her. There was a time she was out back of the house and came in smelling pretty ripe too. I had to give her a bath and wound up smelling a little like skunk myself."