All Comments on 'Strange Bedfellows Ch. 05'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
savai2savai210 months ago
A Knight’s Tale on Steroids!

A tantalizing foray into another category for me. I normally don’t venture much outside of my preferred kink which is non-consent/reluctance. That is what drew me in initially but by the time you switched to sci-fi/fantasy, I was thoroughly engaged with the characters, era and plot. Malice in the palace, political intrigue and hot sex completed my total immersion with this story. Your writing style is descriptive and easily understood. I did notice a couple of phrases that probably weren’t in use during that time period but they were a minor distraction. I enjoyed this so much I will be checking out your other series. Thank you for a 5 star submission!

James_DuncanJames_Duncan10 months ago

Loved it, in some ways I think it's even better than ADT :)

BadWriter75BadWriter7510 months ago

Amazing! Please give us more.

Your skill in pacing and character development show the telltale signs of a master storyteller.

Thank you.

Fenris420Fenris42010 months ago

In many ways, a classic fantasy tale, but so well-done that it deserves a pedestal all it's own. Spectacular! I look forward to the story of Kalus, Shara (Katia), Lyra and their children continuing in ADT. 5/5* Fav

Rainyday493Rainyday49310 months ago

Magical and romantic story, complete with a bit of a political storyline and a nice romp or two. Thank you.

CarchariasCarcharias10 months ago

This story puts rather more weight on Shara’s son asking Ethan if he can court Rachel’s daughter in ADT.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I much enjoyed this well-written story -- thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you ! Great story telling! I really enjoy your work!🙂

Richard1940Richard194010 months ago

As always, a thoroughly delightful tale. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A very nicely done side story. I wouldn't mind a few more as long as it doesn't slow down a dragons tail. But please always remember what critics are.

quickrick60quickrick6010 months ago

If there were more stars I would have given more

DucatastiDucatasti10 months ago

Epic Antiproton, thanks for sharing your wonderful mind with us😀 it is really appreciated. Can’t wait to hear how this plays out in ADT

JJMD0612JJMD061210 months ago

Better than ADT last few chapters

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was beautiful and romantic. Not as gripping as ADT but quite close.

I was going to ask about "Lord" Kalus but then saw the PS.

Other back stories are most welcome so long as ADT isn't slowed down.

MRPapagiorgioMRPapagiorgio10 months ago

Great story. I loved the conflict between the Strong Female and Strong male.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6910 months ago

Another great fable! Thanks.

Hardrider56Hardrider5610 months ago

Great work, very well done. More of this if you want

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The first part was great, well written and a very plausible forced marriage. It would have been more interesting, however, if there would not have been a second wife to "speed up" Shara's change of heart towards her husband. (This may also be because I prefer monogamy stories.)

StephenLendorStephenLendor10 months ago

Great series! Loved it 🙂. Liked the romance and growth

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Such a riveting story. I could not stop reading it from the first chapter to the last.

Horseman68Horseman6810 months ago

Can only say that this story is one of the best and most absorbing on the site. Thank you and many bravos.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very nice. Just one nit, it might have been better if Tyso was killed by Shara's father. Maybe by throwing a dagger across the room. Catching Tyso in the neck just before he tried to run Lyra thru. Kalis would have still had to stop him but not out right kill him against his oath. "My land is overrun, my city occupied, my castle breached, my crown snatched from my head... I am a totally beaten King. But I am still an honorable man and would rather die than see that monster have rule over my people. So commander Kalus, I am at your mercy." This would be legally easier to sell to the minor nobles in both kingdoms. Rather than a disgruntled usurper breaking his oath and killing his king (justified or not), it would be one king killing another in a justified duel of equals. Plus it makes him a better man/dad.

Irenae21Irenae2110 months ago

Epic.. Now I need to go hunt the pages and chapters with Rachel's son in law😅

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Overall, well written, but one suggestion...

is to be wary of using modern, pop phrases in a medival story setting. I've seen the same thing in ADT, but can't think of an example. In this story, Lyra says to Katia/Shara, something about 'rocking Kalus' world'.

In a world without electricity, there would be no 'rock music', so it's impossible for that phrase to ever have evolved. The phrase comes from the rock music culture, not from rocking babies in a cradle.

Being a wordsmith entails understanding the meaning of the words & phrases one uses. In this case, it is a jarring out of context bit of dialog.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent tale! Nice to see the characters in ADT, also. Thanks so much.

202GE202GE9 months ago

With a few minor allowances for fiction, this tale is near flawless in its description of military preparedness, religious principles, and the relationship between men and women. The author started with a fictional setting, added in real world issues/troubles, and blended them with genuine characters to achieve a wonderful, if stern tale.

Thanks, a grateful reader. 5.25/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really enjoyed it. Great side story to ADT, which has been awesome.

Thank you for sharing your talent!

RK52RK529 months ago

Excellent!!! A wonderful story that truly goes cross-genre making a great read. Thank you for the tremendous work contributing to all of our enjoyment.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I dare say that this backstory is more emotionally moving than the main story as much as I enjoy ADT, I came to tears a few times throughout these 5 chapters! Masterful storytelling! Would love to see more of these shorter but powerful backstories to support the ADT universe!

Dreamdog519Dreamdog5198 months ago

Excellent work. You should continue this story as well once you finish ADT.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellow7 months ago

Don't think any of us Browncoats missed the word-for-word response to Kalus/Mal's ultimatum for his former colleagues in Tyso's army.

Shiny!

servant111servant1117 months ago

Simply exceptional work…!!! Actually this prequel is better developed than the current ADT. I particularly enjoyed the pacing in this tale. ADT has suffered from the slows for the last ten episodes as you explore tertiary rabbit trails at the expense of the KISS principle.

5 stars

WildErotica69WildErotica697 months ago

Good work - the sex could be better but other then that can’t fault anything

Johnny_OnTheSpotJohnny_OnTheSpot7 months ago

I TRULY enjoyed this REMARKABLE story! I think you are one of the BEST WRITERS for Literotica. Can't wait to read more. Please keep writing.

xyz123446xyz1234466 months ago

It’s incredible how far you’ve come as a writer since the first chapters of ADT.

I do want to reiterate one problem that the anon from a few months back pointed out about modern phrases and terms. The both clever and extra problematic thing about “anachronisms” in this setting is that they *should* be sneaky, subtle and extremely important plot points. And you have used them that way to great effect! Perhaps not the best example, but with Lyra using “rock your world” reference instead of it being a mistake an attentive reader discards the reader is thinking “wait, how could she be from earth, she was born there. Or, wait, maybe parents came across with her?”

The same with pop culture references, though these didn’t really cause issues.

Now having said that I’m looking forward to finding out Lyra is indeed from earth in the remaining ADT chapters I haven’t read or something. But the point remains!

TwistedOne66TwistedOne665 months ago

I'm not much if a critic but I really enjoy your work.

Horseman68Horseman685 months ago

Superb. Bravos and thanks. Moving on to ADT.

WyrmsbaneWyrmsbane2 months ago

Another amazing tsle and a grrat prelude to ADT!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES