All Comments on 'Strange Cur in the Driveway'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
SplitGeode66SplitGeode668 months ago

I enjoyed the strange cur in the driveway play on the strange car trope. Well done! 5 stars.

saddletramp1956saddletramp19568 months ago

Good doggie. Thanks!

CagivagurlCagivagurl8 months ago

Really nice piece of comic writing.

Sweet story...

It made me laugh, and that is a wonderful thing...

5 stars

Cagivagurl

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

I always enjoy your writing and thank you for another fun story. I loved Patrick. A very well trained dog and when Sue gave the command, ‘Seek him out’ it was beautiful. What happened to the migraine?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Woof!

Too bad Patrick didn't bite the guy in the balls.

5

Diecast1Diecast18 months ago

Nice story, I enjoyed it. AAAA++++

ReedRichardsReedRichards8 months ago

That they were caught post fucking was diffferent in LW, and a good twist.

Wh00sherWh00sher8 months ago

If you've had a genuine migraine, you know you wouldn't be able to do what he did

stev2244stev22448 months ago

Fun quick 5* story, thanks for that.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months agoAuthor

Wh00sher as a migraine sufferer, yeah, you could. Rage burns off a migraine.

ibuguseribuguser8 months ago

Hilarious. This should be in the humor section.

5*.

maninconnmaninconn8 months ago

Great tale Matt, thanks for writing!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight8 months ago

Nice job and with some humor! I enjoyed it.

jmmj5jmmj58 months ago

Well done.

loved the play on words.

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

Thanks Matt UDABEST!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, serious with some humour in it.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

DreddrasDreddras8 months ago

Enjoyed it, lighthearted take on an otherwise sad subject.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months agoAuthor

What happened to his migraine? Only time I ever instantly "lost" a migraine was when someone did something really shitty and I blew my stack at them. Migraine? What migraine? It had vanished.

BeBopper99BeBopper998 months ago

5* Woof! Funny short story.

gatorhermitgatorhermit8 months ago
“Seek him out!”

Great line and aftermath! Good story!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ8 months ago

New twist, thanks

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm8 months ago

At least we knew from the title it was a btb story. Most of these stories we can't tell.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash7478 months ago

Fools that think with their dick forgetting about the consequences! A tremendous story with a happy ending for the betrayed “new family”

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite8 months ago

Other than the clever title, it’s not much of a story is it?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades8 months ago

Enjoyed the Story. Thanks for your writing.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker8 months ago

Good story, but too short. Enjoyed it. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

Corny1974Corny19748 months ago

Loved this. No messing about, all sorted and as always, excellent writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

When I first read the title I simply thought you had made a spelling error. Then I realized the play going on. Smart dogs those spaniels!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If migraines made him almost go blinded he certainly saw the dog and the two assholes. Its too bad the dog didn't bite the wiener or the bun.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny8 months ago

Good ol Patrick, a wonderful lad

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Errmmmm

NOPE!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I had to laugh.

I'm no grammar nazi. If an author posts here with a copious amount of mistakes, I don't give a crap. I may provide constructive criticism, but at the end of the day, it's obvious that people have sometimes decided to stretch their creative juices and skillset by giving writing a go.

Kudos to you all, I say.

Why am I laughing though?

Because when I came across the word 'marital' (used correctly in this story), my mind automatically replaced it with 'martial', because I've seen it used in place of marital too many times here.

It reminds me of that scene from 'Happy Gilmore', where he gives a presentation at the school. The principle(?) replies that having heard the speech, he has lost IQ points, and "may God have mercy on our souls".

Maybe I read too much loving wives?

Naaah.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Canine shite seeking missile 🤣🤣

Deserves a 5* for that line alone, thanks for brightening a previously dreary Friday afternoon

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

It wasn't a cur on the driveway, just a cur and a bitch in the bed.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

nice story. Mostly run of the mill for this site

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written with some humor thrown in with the drama. And I just plain like it, a lot. *****

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nice! Really enjoyed your story!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You sly dog.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Adding dogs and puns doesn’t magically make this anything other than a tired, hackneyed yawn fest. Sorry man.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Clichés gotten out of the way early, STI’s brought up, and guy gets to do the other guys wife. Read this before. Pointless.

AlTendAlTend8 months ago

Great story. Short & Sweet. Liked the play on, 'Strange Car...' line.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Yeah, I went all "grammar police" when I saw the title. Nicely played sir. The protestations of love by Felicity while oozing Roger's semen from her used cunt were not matched by her written actions at any point during the story. Quickly, conveniently moving in with Sue was just lazy writing.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer8 months ago

I loved the twist in the title. Plus the basic story, as well. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Catching your wife cheating seems an extreme method of stopping a migraine, but it apparently worked.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Husband: "At one point I'd have forgiven her, gone into counseling and tried to make a go of it."

-

That's no good, but since this is a rare (in this LW category, overflowing with cuck tales) BTB, Bring The Balance tale, even though in just 1 simple page, it deserves the full prize: 5* !

nixroxnixrox8 months ago

3 stars for an average divorce story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Lack of any interaction between MC and Felicity detracted. Moving right in with Sue detracted. Lack of any hint for what went wrong with Felicity detracted. Patrick added.

.

3 ***

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol8 months ago

I loved the pun!

Initially, when I ran my eyes over the newly published titles list, my brain text-editor screwed up and I read it as 'strange car in the driveway' and I had hte usual 'oh, another one' reaction, then I sw it was you who published it, looked again, and the pun caught me and pulled me is. Well done!

_

Thank you for the fun story!

The dog was great! 'Patrick O'Shaughnessy' made me laugh out loud! Love the spaniels!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Would have liked to see even a little bit of remorse or regret from the other wife. Seems like she got off WAY too easy!

ReadyOneReadyOne8 months ago

I see that "cur" is a pun for "car".

The our hero waiting on the porch is a purebred, and that doen't match with cur.

A cur (where I live) is the result of unintentionally breeding a pedigreed dog, often giving pups of gross description. Think a toy poodle crossed with a huskey sled dog.

Still, the story is s good one snd easily fixed.

Vadar990155Vadar9901558 months ago

Hey! I would invest in a water powered pogo stick. It seems to be better than the F35.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Just to let you know, I did google Irish Water Spaniel nd they are an interesting breed. The curley fir was totally unexpected but I bet it feel amazing when you are trying to comb out the knots,

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker608 months ago

So did they all live reasonably happy ever after? I usually detest sappy happy endings, but this wasn’t too bad. Forgot about the obligatory revenge sex. Come on now, it’s the law, catch your spouse cheating, you have to fuck the other cheated on spouse. I liked it, especially having the dog flush out the cheaters

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months ago

The dog and the therapist together were worth 5***** right there! The rest was just gravy.

fishgetterfishgetter8 months ago

Was it Chevy CUR in the driveway? ;)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"I learned that whilst Felicity loved me and that Roger loved Sue..." - The affair's been going on for several months, yet they still make convenient pillow talk?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The dog was an interesting story element. The rest was boilerplate, not least of which was the inclusion of a "therapist", the modern day version of the witch doctor.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Great story. The title was cute, I missed it a couple of times as my eyes see car. Situation very well handled by both betrayed spouses. I don’t think you could characterize Patrick as a cur though. He seemed like a pretty good boy.

Pinto931Pinto9318 months ago

Good story but lots of words missing letters.

blackrandl1958blackrandl19588 months ago

Very funny joke, Mr. Black, and a good story to go with it. Yay! Randi.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Perfect! Sometimes a light touch works best.

ribnitinribnitin8 months ago

I love this line: She must have broken the driving laws, and perhaps even the laws of physics,

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

First look at the title, I thought it was a mistake for car, but found out it wasn't. Don't know a thing about a "cur" type of dog, couldn't care less. It's interesting that his migraine was helped by catching his wife having sex with another man. Really, I wouldn't suggest that either. Still a nice story, if a bit short & somewhat rushed. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If catching your partner cheating relieves a migraine, does cheating on your partner work even better?

jmm999jmm9998 months ago

67 stories from the Welshman; the number I retired on.

Depending on the input from the woman, it could be fuckers, or one of each. I don't think fuckees would work unless there was another participant.

I look forward to number 68.

This was not your best but a definite 5 stars for the title.

Signed: a lad from Somerset. We have a similar flag!

GardenshedGardenshed8 months ago

Nice short story, guess his migraine cleared up fast? Enjoyed the dog aspect of the story. Thanks for writting.

dgfergiedgfergie8 months ago

Another cut and dried story today, pretty straight forward and bit bland. 4 stars

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian8 months ago

This is Good Writing: >>He was a thoroughbred Irish Water Spaniel who bore the splendidly Irish name of Patrick O'Shaughnessy. (Just take a few moments to Google Irish Water Spaniel. I'll wait.)<< The you handled this is perfect. Too many writers on this site (me included, though I'm in recovery) would've launched into a half-page history of the Irish Water Spaniel, the spaniel breed, why "water" is in the name, the history of Ireland, why Vikings founded Dublin, the potato famine... anyone who reads these pages will understand. They (We) do the same thing with guns, cars, alcohol, and military matters. You, instead, trusted the reader to see a "spaniel" or what we perceive to be a spaniel in our imagination and populate the story with that sweet old cur. The greatest bane of this site is overwriting. As stated, I, through my alter-ego, am in recovery.

.

Even more brilliant is the use of 'cur' instead of car. Sadly, there are those who will miss the whooooole thing.

.

I would only suggest avoiding the active voice, which is less direct, less forceful, and harder to read. Essentially, go through and remove all the direct "was" references from your story, replacing them with active transitive verbs. Sic your editors on that, and your writing will benefit. I loved the cheeky feel to it and the way you infused it with understated subtlety in that beautifully British narrative style. "Wizzo!" the old blokes would declare. Five stars on steroids.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What about them getting married and having another kid? And him being a good father to his stepsons.

Omart57Omart578 months ago

Good story, Matt! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well... It sounds as though this little episode cured Carl's migrane... he should be wholly grateful.

silentsoundsilentsound8 months ago

Hmm. Short and evil but the dog angle was cheeky enough.

VanescaVanesca7 months ago

The story written by MattBlackUK is exceptional; however, one wonders about the advice offered by a couple of comment writers. The_John_Yossarian from 23 days ago wrote, "The you handled this is perfect." So much about this sentence is flawed, one hardly knows where to begin.

A second statement from the same comment writer is, "I [meaning The_John_Yossarian] would only suggest avoiding the active voice, which is less direct, less forceful, and harder to read." I suggest the comment writer understands neither the difference between the Active Voice and the Passive Voice nor how each is used.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Oh that's a good one.

Written well, the plot although common, was worked that bit different

Helen1899Helen18995 months ago

It was ok, better than a lot, at least they didn't have pizza for tea.seemingly the American go to food, in LW.stories

Helen1899Helen18995 months ago

Oh I forgot to say " and the lover wasn't a Lawyer,,another unusual occurence

WillowghbyWillowghby5 months ago
Clearly Unique

...where a bit player is the star of the show. Good doggie, nice doggie.

Thanks, Matt.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

So why did Carl need a therapist? Try to keep some reality in the story, especially with such a common plot.

MattblackUKMattblackUK5 months agoAuthor

Anon, Carl needed a therapist because he felt he needed a therapist to help him deal with the betrayal of his wife.

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I loved the play on "Strange Car in the Driveway" theme. That was clever.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Seven out of five stars!

mfj77mfj7725 days ago

Fun, amusing variant of the "strange car in the driveway" trope. Doesn't get better than this. Cheaters kicked to the curb and cheated spouses move on; kids are better off and even the therapist understands the situation perfectly.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

The reason why so many people need “therapy” is because our “civilized society” doesn’t allow the natural, correct response to provocation.

/

Your boss yells at you in front of your team. The proper response to this is to beat him until he respects you. The law doesn’t allow that.

/

Your neighborhood has a porch pirate problem. The correct response is to setup packages that will explode upon opening. A face full of carpet tacks means no more thefts. But, again, civilization says no.

/

A wife betrays her husband. If she was stoned publicly, as per the ancient wisdom, it would warn others to be faithful. Modern women, and their politician lovers, have forbidden this, because they don’t want it to happen to them!

/

Modern man is a ball of suppressed rage, because his sense of justice, honor, and respect is constantly being stifled. Western society has been completely feminized, leading to no one being punished when they disrespect, mistreat, or abuse others!

/

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later