Strange Diagnosis

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edwin told me that Brittany was divorced now and had asked about me. I admit it was tempting to call her up. We had some good times together. I told him that I would have to wait a year from when Crystal left to see if she returned. Until then, no dating. I didn't want to start something I might not be able to finish. If Crystal didn't return by then, I would file for divorce on abandonment. If she did return, I had no idea in advance of what might happen. He said he understood and thought Brittany would also although he doubted she would wait on dating someone else. I said I would just have to take that chance. The amended draft divorce petition would be kept in his office if and when I needed it.

The following months were difficult. No one had heard from Crystal. It was almost six months before every phone call and every doorbell got me all upset because I thought it might be Crystal coming back. At nine months, I got afraid that Brittany would not wait for me. I called up Brittany. I explained the situation and asked if she were willing to take the risk of dating me even though I might still not be divorced three months from now. Surprisingly, she said she would date me, but she would make no other commitments.

We started dating, or as I call it, power dating. We saw each other most days and talked on the phone the others. It seems that both of us wanted a do-over with a new spouse. I put up a 'short calendar' to count down the days until I could file for abandonment. As the year was ending, the nervous feeling from calls and doorbells returned along with fear of what I might find in the mailbox.

The day came and the day went without challenge. My divorce was now a done deal. Talk about a sigh of relief. Talk about a celebration with Brittany. She had learned a lot about sex since we dated in college.

Bailey and Detective Pearson got married soon after and she almost immediately became pregnant. She came over one day to visit and let me do the belly rub thing. She hoped I would feel the baby kick. I had forgotten why people get so sappy about a baby bump until I remembered I did it with Bailey and now I was doing it with my first grandchild. I teared up. I figured it was one of our long-time neighbors who wanted in on the belly rub when I heard the doorbell ring.

I opened the door and stared at the woman on my porch in shock. It was Crystal looking better than she had in years. She broke the silence saying, "I understand we have a grandchild on the way. Bill, I love you and Bailey so much and I want to come home. It took a long time, but I am well now. I am begging you for another chance. May I please come back home?"

It took me a few seconds to recover. "Bailey, could you come talk to the lady at the door? Your step-mother and I have a dinner engagement."

Crystal fainted dead away.

Author's Dilemma: I have thought of several ways of ending this story. None have rung a bell. If you have an interest in an ending, please let me know and suggest the direction I should go.