Stranger Than Truth Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait, Hellfire Pictures. You bought Francine's house! You bastards tricked her into selling you the house where she whipped me."

"No, we did not trick her. She knew when she made the deal, just who we were and what we planned to do with the house. You should know that there are three different pictures being planned for your story."

"Well, why are you here? If you don't need my permission to make the film, why bother to talk to me?"

"Valerie, Fiasco Films is making an exploitation film. It will be an R rated titillation movie that intends to portray everyone involved as sexual perverts worthy of contempt or pity, all the while exploiting those very perversions for box office receipts. Infinity Productions is making a cautionary tale about spousal abuse and the dangers that your style of sexual play poses to women everywhere. We want to tell what actually happened. For that, our actors and production staff have to understand this, BDSM is just a lifestyle. The reason I'm here to see you, and my colleague is visiting your Francine, is to offer you a job as consultants. Help us show this so called 'perversion' as it really should be understood."

Valerie sat there, stunned. Never in a million years would she have expected this. Part of her wanted to kick him out. The advertising expert in her, however, saw an opportunity. If she could influence the movie to portray BDSM as it really is when practiced in a safe and sane manner, it could go a long way towards changing public attitudes towards the people in the lifestyle. She was, however, unsure of how much influence she could actually have. She could end up giving a seal of approval to something that ended up portraying the lifestyle in a bad light. She was also cognizant of the fact that, with two months experience in the scene, she hardly qualified as an expert.

"That's quite an offer, Mr. Freeman. I'm not sure what to think about it. There are a lot of aspects to being a movie consultant that I'm sure that I have no clue about. How much control in the creative process would Sally and I have? Are you looking for true advice or a stamp of approval? How much work are your actors and production people willing to put in to learn what they need to know to represent accurately those who are in BDSM? Do you have any idea how much you're asking of us and your people?"

"Those are all good questions. I want real advice and, if they know what's good for them, the people who are working for me will want that too, and will be willing to do whatever work is needed. As for creative control, that won't happen. When push comes to shove, the telling of the story will be more important than the perfect accuracy of the... scenes, I believe they are called? As for me, I don't really have a good idea what's involved in BDSM. That's why I want to hire expert consultants."

"Well, I have to admit, I'm tempted. I can't answer right now. I need to talk to Sally and to my superiors. I am an employee of Delgrasi and any work I do for you will cut into my ability to do the work I was hired for. I can tell you that their willingness would be positively affected by an already existing business relationship between Delgrasi and Hellfire. For example, have you ever thought of advertising your movies in our publications?"

"I'm not involved directly in distribution, but, is there a market for our pictures among your readership?

Valerie was now in her element. This was the very job she was hired for. "Mr. Freeman, please don't make the assumption that people involved in the fetish communities are one dimensional. I understand that you advertise your movies in those publications that would be read by potential viewers. So you would not advertise a slasher film in a Christian magazine. What most people don't understand about the fetish community is its diversity." Valerie called up a program on her computer and swung the monitor so that Milton could see it. "Take a look at these demographics on the subscribers to The Sensible Submissive. As you can see, this one publication reaches every demographic group except children, obviously. Have you made a chick flick? Plenty of women read this magazine. Have you made the latest Die Hard movie? Lots of 25-45 year old males are also readers. People in the fetish community watch movies just like vanilla people. If they saw you advertising in a magazine that was just for them, they would, even if it was on an unconscious level, be inclined to think more positively about your movies, since you are taking them seriously."

"That's some interesting data you have there. Can you prepare something that I can show to distribution? I can't make any guarantees, but they need to see this. Are the demographics similar for your other publications?"

"Very much so. The only exception is Kitchen Submissions, which has a readership similar to other housekeeping themed magazines. I can prepare something for your people. Would next Monday be good?"

"Excellent."

"Three other considerations. Francine is still dealing with the emotional ramifications of having whipped me so brutally. I doubt she could or would become a consultant for your movie."

"I'm sorry to hear about that. Not only would the perspective of both people involved be good, we'd like to have consultants from both sides of your lifestyle. I think you call them dominants and submissives?"

"Yes, that's right. It would be good to have a dominant's perspective. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding one. Now, you are making a movie about the fetish community, specifically the BDSM lifestyle. Several of our publications would be interested in doing a series of articles about the making of the movie. Reporter access to your sets and other production processes would influence the decision to allow me the time to work as your consultant. It would also give you lots of free advertising."

"That is something I think I could swing. I will talk to publicity and pressure them to allow access."

"Finally, what are you doing this evening?"

"Are you asking me out on a date? I'm flattered."

"I'm afraid not, though we will be going to a club. You said you're not knowledgeable about what goes on in BDSM. I'd like to give you a taste by showing you around Mephisto's tonight. Give you a chance to see the sheer diversity in the lifestyle. I think you'll be surprised."

"I'm sure I will. I think I can be free tonight. Is 7:00 good?"

"That will be perfect. I can pick you up then. Where are you staying?"

"I have a room at the Davenport."

As she expected, a movie producer would be staying at the most expensive and elegant hotel in the city. "I'll come by the front at 7:00 then. Be sure to eat before then. Mephisto's doesn't serve food or alcohol on the premises. It was good to meet you, Mr. Freeman, and I hope we can work well together on the movie."

"I'm sure we can. I'll be looking for you after dinner."

Once he had left, Valerie had herself added to the president's schedule. He found the idea of a movie, showing a portion of the fetish community in a positive light, a worthwhile cause and authorized Val to set aside time to work with the production staff and actors. He did instruct her to insist on access for three reporters to follow the production of the movie as a condition of the approval. Since she did not have any appointments after 4:00, she left early. On the way home, she received a call from Sally.

"Valerie. Did you get a visit from someone about a movie?"

"Yes, I did. They want to hire Francine and I as consultants."

"I had one too. Apparently Francine turned them down and suggested they hire me. This is a big opportunity for us A movie that shows us in a positive light. Do you think it's possible?"

"I think we can't take the chance of refusing. Without expert help, they won't get it right."

"I agree. Can you get time off from work?"

"I think so, as long as they allow Delgrasi to cover the making of the movie."

"They should. It's free advertising."

"Right! I'm taking Mr. Freeman to Mephisto's tonight. I want him to see the pain free side of BDSM before we go very far. That's probably the biggest misconception about the scene."

"I can't come with you. I have a prior commitment. Have you talked to Master about the offer?"

"No, I haven't. We should though. Can you call him tonight?"

"Yes, I can do that. You know Lilly and Frank are putting on a demo tonight, don't you?"

"No, I didn't. She sure has come a long way since she was being torn up inside at the activities at Master's."

"Yes, she has. She has taken to bondage like a fish to water. I've got to go. See you tonight, love."

"Bye."

Valerie drove home and changed into something more casual for a night at Mephisto's. A short skirt that came down to just above her knees, stockings with garters, a pullover shirt that was tight against her breasts and three inch heels. Her collar and cuffs would identify her as a submissive, yet her clothing would indicate that she was not trolling for a Master. She was not expecting trouble along that line from any of the regulars, but No-Pain Wednesdays drew a large percentage of people who did not come on other nights and would, thus, be more likely to not know who she was.

She picked up dinner at the Mustard Seed and was in front of the Davenport at 7:00. Milton was there and let himself into the passenger's seat. She shared the President's conditions on her being allowed to work with him as a consultant and he indicated that they seemed fair. Mr. Freeman spent some time looking at Valerie as she drove. This was the first chance he had had to look closely at her cuffs and collar. He had still not seen her scars, though that would change as soon as they were out of the car.

When he did see them for the first time, he did the same thing everyone does when seeing them for the first time. He stared in shock at the scars that crossed the visible portions of her legs.

"Oh my God!"

"Yes, they are horrible. So was the way I received them. They are not indicative of BDSM in general. They are the result of something that went wrong, horribly wrong. I have no intention of holding anything back about the lifestyle. There are dangers involved. People can be hurt, like I was. But it can be safe. There are ways of making it safe. Our watch words are safe, sane and consensual. The people you're going to see inside are all consenting adults who are participating because they want to and because they enjoy it for one reason or another. Non-consent in BDSM is rape and torture. We may play games where we pretend to be taken unwillingly, but the lifestyle views forced participation as an anathema."

"I see. I do have a lot to learn."

"Shall we?"

After paying the cover fee the pair entered the club. As Valerie had expected, Milton was not fazed by the various levels of dress and undress that were visible. He was from Hollywood, after all. Several people, both on the staff and customers, greeted Val with friendly comments and waves. There was a voice audible over the speaker system and Valerie led Mr. Freeman towards the center stage. Except for the monthly salve auction and other special events, the main stage's speaker system was not hooked up to the club wide sound system.

Ax they worked their way forward, Val sensed the first hints of confusion from Mr. Freeman. His confusion reached full force when he noticed several people near the stage with pens and paper. On the stage, a man was tying ropes on a woman while explaining in some detail exactly what he was doing and why. The lady was in a hogtie position and there was a pulley suspended above her.

The dominant's voice was sure and calm. "Once you've finished the basic hogtie, you can start with the suspension. Remember, we can't suspend the submissive directly from the hogtie. That much weight pulling back on the shoulders like that will cause excruciating pain and dislocate both shoulders in short order. What we're going to do now is create a cradle of rope beneath the submissive that will actually take the weight. Once finished on my beautiful Debbie, here, it will feel like she is lying on a bed of narrow slats. Uncomfortable, perhaps, but safe."

His voice faded as Valerie led Milton away from the stage.

"This is not quite what I expected. I don't see any..."

"Whips?" Val finished with a smile.

"Yes. Where are the whips and paddles?"

"That's the first thing I wanted to get across to you. BDSM is not all about whipping people. Many players are so not into pain, either inflicting it or receiving it. This is Wednesday. Mephisto's reserves Wednesdays as No-pain nights. No whips, paddles, hot wax or other pain causing play is allowed tonight. Remember that BDSM stands for Bondage, Discipline, Sadism and Masochism. In fact, some players dislike that description and prefer D/s, which stands for Domination and submission. It's really two sides of the same coin. One describes what goes on and the other describes why it goes on."

"I'm not sure I follow."

"Everything that goes on here is about one person submitting their will to the will of someone else. The submissive consents to give up power over his/her fate to the Dominant. How much power is given up varies from person to person, couple to couple. It can be as small a transfer of power as, 'I'll let you tie me up and bring me to as many orgasms as I can stand, but nothing else,' to as much as, 'I will be your slave 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I will do anything you command without hesitation and no limits.' How much is up to the people participating."

"That is incredible. Some people let themselves become total slaves, all the time?"

"Yes. I've only met one person in a 24/7 Master/slave relationship so far. Personally, I'm not ready for that level of submission, and I may never be."

"If you don't mind, what level are you at."

"I'm available to my Master at any time that doesn't interfere with my health and livelihood. We have a contract that specifies various things that I won't submit to and I have safe words. Other than that, He can do anything he wishes and order me to do anything that he wants. He frequently lets/requires other people in his service to dominate me."

"And you do this because it's fun?"

"Yes and no. There are things he requires of me that I do not enjoy at all. Pain is one of them. I can't stand pain. But, I enjoy the submitting itself. Letting Him whip me until I'm sobbing and begging for mercy is one way I show that I am submitted to him."

"Are you frightened of him?"

"No. I can be nervous, embarrassed and incredibly aroused. But, I'm not frightened of Him. You see, I trust my Master completely. I know He will never truly hurt me or allow me to be injured. You can't fear someone you trust that much. This is not to say that the things He does are not frightening. It is always scary to know that there is a cat-o-nine-tails about to lash across your back numerous times. Frequently I'm fearful of failing Him, of being disobedient."

"How is that possible? If you've submitted, why would you disobey?"

"The most common way is to unknowingly disobey. Forgetfulness. Other times, it's a matter of the mind is willing but the flesh is weak. For example, He may order me to not make a sound and then start using the crop on my breasts. I will be fearful of not being able to hold my cries of pain inside."

"What happens when you are disobedient?"

"Then I'm punished. I hate punishment. Punishment is always harder to take than play. For me, knowing that he is not doing it for his pleasure makes me unable to take it as well. I've failed him in some way and my heart breaks at having done so."

"This is hard to fathom. You fail to follow an impossible order and you feel guilty?"

"No. Not impossible. If it was truly impossible, then it is all part of the play and the 'punishment' is part of the scene we are playing at. It's when I could have, but didn't when I feel the guilt."

"How do you know the difference?"

Valerie thought a minute. "I don't know. I just do. It's part of the relationship we've built up over the last couple of months. I think the tie is done. Let's go see what a suspended hogtie looks like."

The dominant had just finished tying off the rope to an anchor bolt in the floor. The lady was suspended one foot off of the floor, seemingly by her bound wrists and ankles. He was commenting to the audience.

"Notice how it appears that she is hanging by the hogtie itself. But, when I pull against this here, it's slack." He was pulling one finger against the length of rope that went between the wrists and the knot where the web was linked up at. "In reality, the web is supporting her, not her arms and legs. Of course, there's no end of what you can do with a beauty like this that is helplessly hanging above the ground, or bed, or whatever. You could try to bring her to an orgasm or two."

At that, he began to caress her through her clothes. A low moan was audible from the submissive as her body reacted to the stimulation. She began to struggle against the bindings and everyone could see her face flushing in arousal. Her breathing was becoming more rapid and Valerie could make out a small stain spreading in the crotch of her slacks.

"Is he going to bring her to a climax right here, in front of the whole crowd?"

"Maybe. That's part of the submission. She is the submissive and he is the dominant. Unless she safe words, He is in control of what happens, including when or if she cums."

"If?"

"Oh, yes. Orgasm denial is a classic game of domination. My Master and Sally are quite fond of it," she mentioned with a droll voice.

The dominant had stopped caressing his submissive and was addressing the crowd again. "This is where the second largest numbers of injuries may occur. You need to be careful of releasing the suspension. Clearly, if I simply let her loose, she will fall onto the floor. At the least, she will get a bloody nose, not my idea of an erotic look. The ladies need to be especially careful. If you don't have the upper body strength to take the submissive's weight down gently, you need to make sure there is padding, lots of padding under the suspended person."

As he was explaining this, two assistants brought up a large pillow and mattress. He had untied her from the floor and lifted her up another foot. The mattress was slipped under her and he continued. "Even with padding, it's best if you don't allow a drop of over a foot. Feathers can only stop so much. Remember, this dropping is only for those who can't take the weight off gently. It would be best if you never had to do this, but things happen. In fact, if I had, pulled a shoulder, for example, I would build the padding up to almost touching her and then let her loose. Anyway, bombs away! Are you ready Debbie?"

The girl nodded and he released the rope to allow her to drop onto the mattress. She bounced slightly with an audible, "oof." He took a few moments to untie the ropes holding her bound, then turned back to the crowd.

"If you have the resources, it is even possible to suspend someone without the need for muscle power. There is a wide assortment of hand powered and motorized winches that will let even the most petite of dominants suspend the very big boned of submissives. Just be sure you have a good working knowledge of how your winch works. Try it out on a sack of potatoes first. If anyone wants to try their hand at suspending, Shelly and I have reserved rooms four and five so that we can observe your technique while you practice. Thank you all for being a good audience."

There were some scattered applause and a few couples were wandering over to the rooms he had mentioned. Valerie and Milton spent the next hour walking around the main floor, observing the people who were engaged in play as well as those who were just mingling. She pointed out various aspects of the things people were engaging in. Not every one was playing at bondage. One female dominant had her male submissive sitting in a chair, unbound. He was apparently under orders to not make any noise. She was giving him a full contact lap dance, bringing him to the edge of cumming and holding him there. His cock was rigid and the tip was almost a deep purple in color. His hands were gripping the chair so hard that his knuckles were white. He had locked his feet around the legs of the chair and his face was contorted in a clear effort to make no noise and to not cum. Milton audibly gulped at the sight.