Stranger Things have Happened...

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I slept in the basement bedroom in case they came home early. After five days of thinking, I had a plan and set about implementing it. I stood at the counter of a gun shop and picked up my handgun. My background check went through without a hitch.

Now, all I had to do was wait...

******************

Anton and Katrina were going crazy trying to find Mikel. They gave up looking for someone with a cane. They found that on day two, a homeless veteran was found at the VA using it. They filed a missing person report with the police and sheriff dept. On day three, there were no results yet. The employees at the hospital raised money to be offered as a reward if anyone found him.

On day seven, Anton's phone rang around 11 a.m. he reached over to pick up his phone and saw Mikel's number. "Where the hell are you? We've been going nuts around here!" There wasn't a reply for a short time, then Mikel said, "Get a pen and paper. I need you to write this down." When Anton said he was ready, Mikel told him, "1423 Condor Lane, and 75923 Wilmington Drive. Tell your friend Eric he needs to visit the houses at the same time, tell him to do it at 2 p.m. tomorrow, and remind him to bring all his buddies along as well."

Anton was worried, "Mikel, what are you planning to do?"

"I'll call you at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow. I'm fulfilling a promise my Father left for me. If I don't make it, tell Katrina I love her like no other." Then, the call ended.

Anton called the police to see if they could trace the call, but it wasn't long enough for them to trace it. He hated being helpless in situations like this. These things had a way of going south all by themselves, let alone having a questionable person driving like Mikel was. No one knew anything for sure except Mikel... hopefully! He dialed Eric and told him about the call.

It was 1:32 p.m. when Anton's phone rang. He had picked up Katrina earlier, so they would both be there for the call. "Hello, Mikel. Are you ready to tell me what's going on?" He motioned for Katrina to be quiet.

"Sorry, Anton. You're just my backup this time around. Listen and make sure everything goes right. I'm turning my volume down now, so you won't be heard, but you'll be able to hear everything. Don't hang up!"

About 25 minutes later, Anton and Katrina could hear the sound of a door opening and the sound of a group of people coming in. "What the fuck are you doing in our house?" a man's voice said.

"Shut the fuck up and have a seat. We're about to have a family chat," Mikel's voice said. Tell the rest of your rug rats to come inside, and I wouldn't test the gentleman behind them with the shotgun. He got it for Christmas, and he's been dying to try it out."

"How's the drug business going, Mother? what's this week's special?" Mikel said.

"I'll show you what life's all about," a man's voice yelled. Then came the sound of a commotion, followed by a weapon discharging. Katrina looked at Anton's phone, then hit two buttons, and the screen came to life. It showed four people sitting on a couch and one male rolling on the floor, holding his side.

"How's life treating you?" Mikel said, then he looked back at the others on the couch. "Well, you bitch, I'm not going to shoot you. I made you one of my Father's favorite meals using your private cookbook, and we will sit here and watch you eat every fucking bite of it!

The color instantly drained from her face.

I placed the plate in front of her on the coffee table. The bastard's oldest son tried to grab the gun, which was what I was waiting for. I put one bullet in his hip and another in his leg. "Looks like your days of jumping anyone else just ended!"

I turned back to my Mother, "Start eating your reward, you fucking cunt!" and I waved the gun in her direction.

********

"Can't we do something?" Katrina asked Anton.

"No one knew his address before he came to the hospital. The only thing we can do is wait and see if someone calls in about hearing the gunshots. But from what I've gathered so far, it appears that that is his original family, and they conspired to murder his Father." Anton said, "If it were me, I'd want revenge too."

Eric knocked on the door. Anton opened his door, and Eric started talking. "Both houses were drop-off points for drugs. We confiscated close to six million in drugs, cash, and weapons. We also made 15 arrests. My question now is, how did he suddenly remember everything?"

The sound of a gunshot was heard, and Eric went for his sidearm. Anton held his hand up, "It's not what you think. You better come inside, and I'll update you on things."

After Eric was brought up to speed, he grabbed his phone. "I want every officer and agent cruising the streets listening for gunshots. I don't care if they have to ride tricycles. Get them out on the streets now!" He looked at Anton and Katrina, "Any hints? Anything that would help us close this case?" both shook their heads.

So now, three people were watching the small screen on Anton's phone, hoping to find any clue about Mikel's location.

**********

"I said eat up, you fucking slut!" Mikel smacked the barrel of the gun against the side of his Mother's head, "Just think, you and Jesus will have something in common... a last supper!" His Mother begged, cried, and pleaded with Mikel to not make her eat anymore. "What are you crying for bitch? Afraid I poisoned it just like you did my Father's food?" Answer the question or keep on eating, you cunt!

A weak but clear "Yes" was heard through her blubbering.

The other son grabbed the knife off her plate and tried to attack me. A single shot was heard, and the phone caught sight as he fell backward with an extra hole in his forehead. "Anyone else wants to try for the knife?" I said. No one moved, so I threw the daughter a bag of zip ties. "Everybody's hands and feet, move it!" When that was done, I put down the gun and picked up a hickory axe handle I picked up at the hardware store.

I stepped in front of the camera. "Want to race? I'll tell you where I'm at, and then I will introduce them to a stout piece of Hickory. I'll stop when you get here, and you can prosecute whatever is still breathing. Ready, set, GO! I put the phone on its back so it only showed the ceiling, "2112 Walnut Road," followed by a solid connection of Hickory and the daughter's knee, then a piercing scream!

Eric was running out the door with his phone at his ear, "2112 Walnut Rd. Everybody, converge on that address! Then he looked at Anton and Katrina, "Are you coming? I need someone who knows how to get us there quickly! Anton hopped into the front seat while Eric jumped into the driver's seat. "Where's the girl?" Eric asked. A Norton motorcycle blew past them, weaving in and out of traffic. "I take it that was her?" Eric said.

Anton replied, "She'll get there before us with the evening traffic. You better let everyone know she's coming." Anton thought for a moment and then told Eric, "You know what, move over! You'll get us killed trying to work with the agents on your phone and trying to drive. A moment later, the car drifted in and out of traffic and slid around corners like a professional driver at the wheel.

"Where did you learn to drive like this?" Eric asked

"You didn't think all I did was sit in a law library, did you? I've been certified by both the FBI and the CIA, and then I tapped a client I represented some time ago who taught me how to street race. I believe I've improved with age!

Eric's radio perked up. "Boss, there's a semi jack-knifed on the bridge we can't get across... Holy shit! A biker came speeding up, and he laid his bike down to slide under the trailer, then brought it back up on both wheels and just kept going!"

"He's going to have his hands full with that one!" Anton said in a low voice. Then looked over at Eric, "This isn't your car, is it?" as he power-braked the car into a

doughnut and then let the vehicle shoot off down a side street.

"No, it's a company car. Why do you ask?" He glanced at Anton, then back out the front windshield, and back at Anton. "No, Anton, are you crazy?"

"Better close your eyes if you don't want to watch! You have about four seconds to decide!" The ramps the dock workers used to unload large machinery from the boats were still down. The car increased speed and hit the ramp just as they began to pull them up. The car floated in the air as it left one side of the river and came crashing down on the other with five feet to spare. Anton quickly controlled the car and jumped the curb to get back on the road.

"That wasn't so bad now, was it." Anton smiled, "We should be there in seven minutes."

"We're going to find a quiet place to talk about that when this is over." Eric looked at Anton.

Anton brought the car to a screeching halt in front of the house. Katrina's motorcycle was sitting in the driveway. Katrina and Mikel were sitting on the porch drinking soda.

"Where's everybody?" Eric asked.

I told him, "They are all inside, taking a nap. You're going to need five ambulances."

They shifted their eyes to Katrina, "Don't look at me. When I arrived, he was sitting out here and wouldn't let me go inside."

Eric and Anton went inside, and what they saw made them glad they hadn't eaten yet. Eric returned to where we sat on the porch, "Do you know how much trouble you're in? I can easily pull up five attempted murder charges and one murder charge on you. Do you know what that's going to do to you?"

"Not a damn thing! Now let me tell you why I get to stay a free man." Anton started to say something, and I stared him down. "First, Your agent tried to kill me, then he wanted to set me up again by calling these guys to warn them, but they had to catch a later flight, so the call didn't go through, so I'll call it even for what's inside the house. The only one I killed was in self-defense. I have the video of the whole thing, so that's no good to you either.

"But you want to know what makes you my bitch, Eric? I found their contact list of their associates, both inside the police and the government, as well as others. I hate to tell you, Eric, but your boss and the agent in jail are on the list along with other agents. So before you go denying things, here's the proof you need. I handed him the ledger containing names, places, and amounts paid.

Eric's eyes got wider the further down the listings he went. "If you're thinking about making it disappear, just know I took a picture of every page in the book with my phone. The phone you'll never find, for my protection, of course, and no one will ever find that phone as long as we remain friendly with each other. I put my hand out, "Well, Sir, do we have an accord?"

Eric tore himself away from the ledger, "Hell yes, we do!" and shook my hand.

"Good, then you wouldn't mind helping me plan the honeymoon and maybe even donate a small portion to help me pay for it?" I smiled. "After all, I have a house I need to refurbish and clean up."

"Two, they were using one as a meth lab, so everything has to be gutted in that house as well," Eric informed me.

I sighed, "Oh, well, it was more of a wish anyway."

The next day, we all gathered to give them a send-off. "Sorry about the honeymoon. You deserve it with what you did to bring it all out into the open. I do have one question, why did you break both arms, both shoulders, and both knees?"

"I wanted them to remember me and my Father for the rest of their days. Now, every time they move or even try to sleep, the pain will spike, and they'll remember." There was no emotion on my face or in my voice.

He looked at me momentarily, then turned to Anton, "Nice seeing you again. I'm sorry about your car. After what you all did, you deserve something out of it all."

He looked at Katrina and just shook his head. "Damn!. just, Damn!" Ma'am, if I ever want to learn how to ride a motorcycle, I'm coming back to hire you as my instructor!"

"I'm not cheap, but you can afford it with the promotion you'll get," Kat smiled.

"Well, it's time to board. You all take care of yourselves! We all shook hands and watched the plane take off.

"Well, how about we stop by and see Sally for lunch and then figure out where to go for dinner?" I smiled at them both. "Do you know anything about hanging drywall or mudding the seams?" They looked at me like I was crazy. "Never mind, Anton, why don't you take us to Sally's?"

"Mikel, my car is beyond repair. I didn't drive," He started looking concerned.

"Damn, I forgot!" I reached into my pocket and pulled out what looked like a black business card with a textured spot in the middle, "Feel that? Push it." he did, and within two minutes, a sleek gunmetal grey limo pulled up to the curb. Brian exited the passenger side front and opened the back door, "Good evening, everyone!"

Anton looked at me, "Explain, please."

"Once we are all inside," I replied.

He got in, and Kat got in next. I climbed in and sat next to Kat. Brian closed the door and then got in the front seat. "Mustang Sally's, if you would, gentlemen

Anton looked at me, "So now we are all inside."

I thumbed the switch to put the partition between the back and front seats.

"After everything got settled last night. I called around and found a company that cleans up crime scenes and such. They aren't cheap, let me tell you! I had them come over, and they took everything that had anything on it, gone, even the carpet! After they were gone, I walked around just looking at things, and that's when I noticed a corner of what looked like paper sticking out between an outlet box and the paneling.

"I got the sheet of paneling loose and found that it had the most interesting insulation. The space between the studs was filled with these, and I held up a $100 bill. I picked four random panels, and they were all the same." My smile grew, "So what I suggest is this... We keep quiet about the find. Kat and I will have the wedding of her dreams, the same with our honeymoon. I set up a trust this morning and put what was behind the four panels I removed into it. We are all three officers in the trust, so you two have some paperwork to sign at the lawyers tomorrow. We stay vague about the trust and how it's funded until we can set up long-term investments to cover everything.

Anton, the limo is yours. I can't have a partner in the business be seen rolling in a Hyundai!" Anton's eyebrow shot up at the mention of being a partner. "You can't help Kat and I, but Kat and I can help you help many more people than you ever thought. You know that the normal working man can't afford a lawyer when they need one in today's world. So I propose that we figure out a sound payment plan to supply that lawyer."

"We also hire the lawyers just past the bar looking for a place to get their start and use the ones still in school as their paralegals until they graduate and can step up and fill the empty slots left by any lawyer that has decided to move on. Like our waitress the first time, we went to Sally's for lunch. The more offices we make available, the more people we can help. We could open offices in other states to help even more people. Think about it!

Anton looked hard at Mikel. He was intrigued by the idea, then he looked out the window, turning things over in his head. Kat just looked at me, and I saw the most beautiful smile spread across her face. Then she launched herself at me, knocking me back on the seat, and gave me an incredibly passionate kiss! Anton smiled. Oh, to be young again! He thought.

They pulled up in front of Sally's place, and everyone got out. Kat asked why Brian and the other man came in with us. I told her, "They have never eaten here before, so I told them I'd buy their lunch."

Sally came running out and gave me a big hug! "The city planners have been in here all morning checking things out, but they said they didn't find anything wrong with your idea. Thank you!"

Anton looked at Kat, "It appears that we are in the dark once more, my dear."

"You didn't tell them?" Sally looked at me

"Not my place. It's yours," I replied

"Kat, Anton, your Ward has purchased the next block full of rundown and deserted buildings right there, she pointed across the street. He plans to build a marketplace for people to walk through and purchase items. The second floor will be encased in plexiglass and turned into a reception hall when needed and part of the Marketplace when it isn't. I gave him my approval of the name, and I hope you will as well, brother... 'The Corbin Memorial Market',"

Anton looked at Mikel, "You're naming it after my family?"

"Actually, after you," I told him. "You're the one who got all of this started. I wanted the people to remember that."

His eyes watered, and he tried to hide it with a cough. "How did you get all this done so quickly?"

"I used my favorite line from the movie The Untouchables. 'I saw your name on the list.' They turned out to be quite helpful." I replied.

Sally hugged her brother, "You have a Ward worth keeping, Anton."

He looked at her and said, "I don't have a Ward, Sally. I have a partner!"

***************

Kat's Mother was the twin of her daughter. 5 foot five in all with very large C-sized breasts. Their hips slimmed down, just begging for two hands. Actually, it enhanced it more when their hips flared out, creating an ass perfect enough to rival Venus herself! Sweetly cascading down to perfectly toned legs to the perfect sized feet. If they are anything like her daughter's, they can be used to tickle her into submission. I save that for special occasions. The only way you could tell them apart, if you just met them, would be their hair color.

Her Mother, Carolyn, had been such a blessing in helping with the planning and organizing of the outfits and gowns. I asked her if she needed any help. "That's sweet of you, Mikel, but I have done this for years at the hospital. A Wedding with 2000 guests, and I'm guessing another 1000 at the reception, That open bar you wanted is going to be a huge draw, I can assure you!"

The look on my face must have been the same as that deer watching the headlights coming at him. "Mikel? Go find my daughter and have her give you a blowjob! Honey, you're too high-strung to have any fun, let alone take a joke. She then took off to take care of another matter. OK, I'll admit that I'm a guy, and only two words of what she said last sunk in, daughter, and blowjob... sounded good to me!

I was going to sneak up on her and pounce, but she was on the phone so I stood back around the corner and caught only one side of the conversation, "... I never thought I'd ever find someone who could accept me and my past, but Mikel, he has his own past so he understands, I'm fucking in heaven! The only thing that would put it over the top is if I could find a smaller place for her to live close by us so she would still be a part of our life together and not feel abandoned in any way." She paused.

"Yeah, you know it's just been her and me against the world until Mikel. She was known as a 'woman you don't mess with because the daughter will kill you,' and I was 'the crazy teen that would make sure that happened if you ever did!' pause, "I heard that, and worse around this town for years, so quit trying to bullshit me about it! I wish there was a way to take Mom with me, but can you see Mikel and I coming back from our honeymoon, 'Surprise dear, I hired a live-in nanny, don't worry, she works cheap?'... give me a break! Anyway, I still have some time to figure things out, hopefully!"

Her phone told her she received a text, "Damn, it's Mother again. She wants everything as perfect for him as she can, His Mother is the only one left alive and in prison. Sometimes I think it's Mother he's marrying, instead of me." She had a good laugh with that! Again, the phone went off... she pulled up her Mom's number, "Well, hello, my darling Mother! You know you're raining on my sharing my good fortune with all my rowdy friends? Granted I only have four, but that's not the point!" She started to chuckle, then it was cut off... "Mother, this is your 'little pooky' you're talking to, Stop it, Just, NO! Don't do another thing until I get there!"