Strangers in a Bar

Story Info
Rebecca remembers a bad first date and its aftermath.
9.8k words
4.24
8.9k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is about the same young woman as Strangers in a Train,. I do not believe that it is essential to have read the first story but it may help. I am not intending to portray her as an unsympathetic character but more as one who is trying to make sense of what she wants out of life and how she can achieve it. The date is also more out of his depth than a bad person.

This is set around 1980 so no mobile phones, less CCTV, no social media. Social attitudes are also different.

The characters involved in sexual activity are all over 18.

/--------------------------------/

She left the train and after cleaning herself up further in the ladies' toilets, putting on her bra and changing her knickers caught the bus home. The adventure today needed to be thought about.

She lived with Marion who had been a good friend of her mother. In exchange for cleaning the flat and cooking a few meals a week she had more or less free board. Her dad apparently sent a fiver every couple of weeks to Marion.

Marion was a good sort, but she instinctively believed that marriage was the best career for a woman. She was currently single. Her husband had died in a car crash eight years ago along with Rebecca's mother and another man. The life insurance pay out had dealt with the mortgage and damages had been paid because the driver of the other car was drunk. She had sold the house they had owned and bought a flat in a good part of Birmingham. She had not yet found anyone she liked enough to remarry who was also on an equal finance footing with her.

However, although she admitted that while initially her career plan for Rebecca had been for her to allow one of her classmates to knock her up, she now encouraged Rebecca to set her sights higher in the marriage stakes than she had. She now enthusiastically backed her desire to go to university. She had said "Becca, your mother settled at seventeen for a man who was less intelligent than her. Within two years she was bored of him. He may be a mean bastard to you, but you look too much like her and she did lead him a dance. Best you find someone who is clever enough to appreciate you and keep your interest and who you can manipulate so that he does not notice that you are brighter than him."

Dad and she did their best to avoid each other. Dawn, her stepmother was friendly enough when they met, but did not understand Rebecca and always supported dad in her arguments. Dawn had learnt early in the marriage not to argue with dad and focused on her twins who were now aged six. Sweet kids, but when their father rants about their older sister being no good you can't expect them to argue with him.

She suspected that Dawn had rationalised dad not funding her going to college on the basis that she was best off being a secretary in a legal or accountancy firm and marrying a young solicitor who was on his way up. even better, becoming a nurse and nabbing a junior doctor. Hell, even if she had to settle for selling her body, she at least wanted to have a go at being self-sufficient. She also suspected that young lawyers and doctors now expected to get sex without marrying for it.

Rebecca's brother was at Brunel University in the final year of a science degree. Luckily for him, he so clearly was dad's double that he was not begrudged anything, and his grant was topped up. Dad also found him a summer job at the car works so he was OK for cash. While sympathetic in private, he too took the line of least resistance. He said "Look Rebecca, nothing I can say will change dad's mind about you and mum. Why should I risk him punishing me when there is no way it will do any good for you?"

"Fair enough, Ron, but when my own family won't say hello to me in the street without checking dad is not in sight, a girl is entitled to feel pissed off."

Her bum felt a little sore and she decided to have a bath. Luckily, Rick had not been huge. Analysing the day, he had favoured techniques which resulted in maximum penetration for the minimum of size. She would bear it in mind for the future especially if she ever took it up her arse again. No big cocks wanted there, that was for sure. The experience had been worth the risk this time. She would certainly never forget it; it had eased her cash problem and possibly gave her a way forward to dealing with the rest. It had also been unplanned. Even when she pulled the blinds down, the most she had been expecting to do was jack him off. It was only the fact that British Rail had crap trains which had led to more.

She wondered whether she should have insisted on him wearing a condom when he fucked her arse. She would need to read up on anal sex next time she went to the Birmingham city library. She giggled to herself. Not research for the school library and certainly not one to ask Miss Summers about. The poor woman had been asked to give the sex education talk to the girls arriving in the sixth form of a previously all boys school. Despite the fact she was engaged to the attractive history teacher and that she had clearly prepared diligently for the lessons, it was clear that she had little or no practical experience. Claire, one of the other girls, had teased her by asking for her own recommendations on contraception and how far you should go. Somehow, she had kept a straight enough face that the woman had replied that she was saving herself until marriage.

She made a note that she should keep a note of which positions made it easier to deal with large dicks without too much pain as well as which were best for smaller ones.

She sighed. She was a girl who enjoyed sex but found that unless you were doing it with a steady boyfriend then you could not admit to it or at best should let the men believe that he had seduced you beyond what you thought was sensible. Being matter of fact or saying what you wanted was a disaster. That meant that she had preferred to have sex with people she thought that there was little danger of meeting again and did not know her real name, let alone her address. This was risky and, although she had mostly been lucky, she had watched Waiting for Mr Goodbar.

She feared that university would be a repeat of her experience at Saint Thomas's. She had moved there four terms ago because it had the best academic reputation in the city of the schools she could go to. Traditionally it was an all-boy's school which had decided to admit a certain number of girls into the sixth form. This was in part to dissuade its male students from leaving to go to mixed sixth forms and in part because the headmaster genuinely believed in mixed education (or at least thought he should act as though he did).

She had underestimated the problems of fitting in. She had not fully thought through the consequences of there being four boys for every one girl and that the boys had not been used to having girls their own age in class with them. On her first day her bottom had been pinched twice and the button on the back of her skirt had been undone without her noticing until her skirt started to descend. She had also had her breasts squeezed from behind her and no one had been willing to identify the groper.

In addition, between the time she was accepted and her arrival the dress code had been changed for the sixth form. Instead of wearing school uniform the sixth form pupils were allowed to dress smartly. For girls this meant dresses or skirts and blouses and for the boys it meant jackets and ties. She had always liked the anonymity of the standard school uniform and had not understood that optional by school rules meant compulsory socially. She turned up in the uniform of her old school with the new school crest substituted for the old one. It became patently clear on the first day that this was a mistake.

Funds had been low and in desperation she had gone to Oxfam. She still thought the dresses she had brought were good quality and suited her. However, one of the other female students had recognised a dress her mother had donated and pointed this out to the others in a way which made it clear that this showed that there was something wrong about Rebecca. She had reverted back to the school uniform. It was durable, could be worn every day and had an inside pocket she could carry her glasses in. She could walk around without wearing them, but she needed them for reading the blackboard and watching films. Dad had insisted on the cheapest frames, and it had identified her further as being a poor girl.

The main thing she had got wrong was that she did not hide the fact that she was clever. She had spent the summer before joining the new school reading about the Wars of the Roses, Henry VII, sixteenth century Europe and basic statistics. She had gone to the city library and made notes from the books there.

She was determined to show the boys that she was their intellectual equal. Actually, the maths with stats boys had accepted her as an honorary, if rather unusual, boy. Unfortunately, the acknowledged best history student of the boys, George Latimer, had got used to being top dog for so long that he had got complacent. Now she recognised that he had been really trying to annoy the teacher by rehashing the Josephine Tey theories that the princes in the tower had not been killed at the behest of Richard III and he did not believe a word of it.

Unfortunately, her grasp of the detail had allowed the teacher to use her to take George down a few pegs. After twenty minutes of debate Mr Hampton had referred to George's arguments being like an inverted pyramid, elegant but with no foundation. Those in the rows behind George had laughed, but he had hated her ever since. She supposed their sparring had upped both of their games. She tried to remember where he had applied. It would not be good if they ended up at the same college.

On the positive side the history teacher had taken her under his wing and encouraged her to apply to Oxbridge. She hoped that his efforts on her behalf would prove to have been worth it. He also had been to Oxford and was still only twenty-six. Perhaps he could give her some tips on how she could fit in and how she should behave. She also needed to talk to him about how far her money fears were justified. She daydreamed about rewarding him in the way Miss Summers was not doing but knew that the risks for both of them were too great to do anything about it before she left school.

She thought back on her first sexual adventure during her time at St Thomas's and wondered how far it had changed her life. As hers was the first year that girls had been admitted the upper sixth had sought to exercise first dibs on the chicks. They had the advantage of being allowed to drink legally, although in practice apart from a few bars in the city centre provided you did not look clearly underaged a blind eye was taken. Still, they had one year on the others and boys in most areas were less socially developed than girls of the same age. It did not help that because of her missing year in hospital after her mother died she was older than the rest of her own year.

Anyway, it had been three weeks into the term before one of the upper sixth had found her in the library without her glasses on and decided that she might be worth investigating. She had also been standing up looking through the section on sixteen century European history. She was five seven standing up but looked smaller sitting down. She later worked out that the sun had been behind her, and she had not been wearing a slip, so he had spotted that her legs went all the way up to her arse. Marion told Rebecca that in her case a girl's best friend really were her legs.

Roland had sought her out at the end of school that day and said that he had seen her in the library. He had chatted about the history syllabus and had not been totally put off by her obvious enthusiasm and detailed knowledge of the period. Halfway through the conversation he laughed and said that he had heard about her before. George had passed on his fury at the swotty girl who did not know her place to his older sister who had passed on the gossip to Roland's cousin who was at sixth form college with her. Roland had said good on her for sticking up for herself. This had pleased her and made her feel less alone.

Roland had sought her out again the day afterwards and had finally asked her out to the cinema to see Quadrophenia on Saturday night. He had insisted that it was his treat and that he would not dream of going dutch with her. This relieved her. She had exhausted her cash by buying her Oxfam wardrobe and had just paid her rent to Marion. They had not worked out the cleaning and cooking deal and dad was yet to make any payment.

She also wanted to see the film. She was not a big fan of the Who, but it was set in 1964 and revolved around a mod, his bike, and his friends. According to Marion her mother had gone around with some mods back in the day. Dad had been travelling on business quite often and grandma had been happy to look after Ron and her when mum took advantage of dad's absences to see her male friends.

She sought Marion's advice on how she should approach the date. Perhaps she should have remembered that Marion had been a friend of mother's, was forty and since the death of her husband had enjoyed her freedom.

Marion had said, "So he's paying for you. You do know that he will be expecting you to reciprocate."

"Reciprocate?"

"Look the rules of the game are that the guys pay for your ticket and the drinks in the pub in exchange for touching and sucking your tits and being wanked or sucked off by you afterwards. He's eighteen and is probably a virgin so maybe you can keep it to a squeeze of your tits and a snogging session in the backseat of the cinema. You will need to take your glasses off."

"But I want to watch the film."

Marion was taken aback by the idea that if you went on a date to the cinema you watched the film in its entirety. "There are always boring bits when you can fit in a bit of fun."

Marion paused, "Actually back in the day when your mother wanted to watch the film she had some techniques which she used. It does mean going a little further in the cinema, but if there's no one watching." She outlined the techniques and Rebecca decided to follow them.

The evening had started off well enough. She worn one of her Oxfam purchases. It was a summer dress which stopped just above the knee. The dress did not impede her stride and had buttons down the front. She was also wearing black stockings. Marion had said that men appreciated it and that they were surprisingly practical. She perhaps should have questioned Marion about this although she had to admit Marion had been right. She also had her mac which would be called into use to hide activities from spectators,

She had eaten before setting out so would not be hungry. He had met her outside New Street at about 6 and taken her to the Railway Tavern. Once In there she had taken off the mac. The dress had been a hit. Roland had whistled and the other men at the bar gazed at her longingly. There were some banquettes which looked like they came from old fashioned railway carriages. He escorted her to one and sat her down.

He then went to the bar and produced his passport to prove he was 18. The barman was a little surprised but nodded. The men at the bar had been amused and jokes were made that the barman should check the age of the obvious pensioner sitting on the bar stool.

Roland had bought her a gin and tonic and had a pint himself. He also bought a couple of packets of crisps. She was thirsty and finished the drink quickly. He then offered to buy her a second G&T. When she demurred, he said "My big brother was in a good mood. He gave me a tenner and said that I was to spend it on you." She had decided that reciprocation required her to undo a button on the dress as he went to buy it. The second G&T looked a little larger than the first.

The drink had relaxed her and seemingly him as well. He had put one arm across her shoulder, and she snuggled up to him. His thigh was close to hers and she noticed that he was breathing a little heavily.

As he finished his pint, and she sipped her second G&T his right arm had been repositioned so that he was holding her waist. When his hand started stroking her breast she had said, "Everyone's watching, Roland." He had looked around and saw that the men at the bar were indeed watching. He blushed and apologised to her.

He told a joke and used the laughter as an excuse to put his left hand on her knee. She put a hand on it to prevent any further investigation. However, the right hand moved downwards to the top of her thighs, and he had whispered "Are you wearing stockings?"

She had said, "Yes, do you like them." She turned to him and pulled back her shoulders so her breasts stuck out.

He had nodded an assent, gulped, finished his pint, and then excused himself to head to the toilets. Some men had cheered and she caught the half line, "Call him tripod." There was a burst of laughter with a lascivious undertone.

Two of the men at the bar who had been watched the pair of them walked over. They had slightly northern accents. The first said, "That last drinkhe brought you was a double and they sell packets of three in the men's toilets. Just a friendly warning lass so you know what he is planning." The second had handed her a drink and said "Here is another single G&T if you want it. I think your boyfriend may be some time. If you are looking for fun tonight, I will be here again at 10 if you need a real man who knows what he is doing." She accepted the G&T and as they returned to teh bar thought about what the men had said. One had warned her and the other had said if she wanted sex he would provide it.

After returning from the toilets after about ten minutes Roland had bought her another large G&T while he had a half pint. He had put his arm round her waist again and kissed her on the lips. He did not try to insert his tongue and she did not resist the kiss. The left hand went for her knee again and she crossed her legs to stop it going further up her thigh while she hoped still making him feel that she was reciprocating by hetting to feel both her legs at the same time..

Finally, they went to the cinema. As Marion had predicted Roland led her to the back row. He must have done some research as the seat was a double seat with no arm rest blocking access. Perhaps his older brother had suggested it to him. She had declined ice cream and had gone to the toilet herself.

Once there she checked that she had the two linen hankies and the small packer of Kleenex which Marion had recommended. She undid another button so that he would have a good view of her breasts and would take the hint that he could investigate them. She had cleaned her glasses. She got back to the seat and put the waterproof mac over his and her knees.

This was where she made her social mistake. She should have left it go at saying that she wanted to watch the film and that they could kiss and cuddle afterwards. Instead, she said, "Roland, it's been a wonderful evening so far. I do want to watch the film and I need my glasses to watch. However, you deserve to enjoy yourself as well. I do not need to watch the adverts and the trailer, so you can kiss me during those. I do not mind if you want to do undo a few more buttons if you get bored during the film and the bra unfastens at the front. You are not going to have sex with me tonight, but I will ensure that you do not go home aching."

Marion had said that in recent years she found it saved time setting out boundaries at an early stage and Rebecca saw the sense of it.

She had then kissed him using her tongue. He had initially been surprised but had then responded enthusiastically. Actually, too enthusiastically as their teeth grinded together and his tongue was just wildly moving around. She said nothing but held the back of his neck and gently stroked it. Her other hand undid one of the buttons on his shirt and slipped her hand inside and played with his chest hairs. He went straight for her breasts and started mauling them. She desperately tried to avoid thinking that he was kneading bread. She started to worry that the material on the dress might get damaged.