Strangers in the Dark Pt. 01

Story Info
When the wrong number becomes the right one.
1.2k words
4.22
4.9k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Endless_Roads
Endless_Roads
1,482 Followers

It was another ordinary day. He woke up at the usual time. He had the same standard fare for breakfast. He went to work and came home just like he did yesterday and every other day before. He rarely ever veered from his usual routine. That was until he heard the phone ring.

He looked at the caller ID, but didn't recognize the number despite the local area code. He decided to answer the call on the off chance it was someone at work calling from an unfamiliar number. They're the only ones who ever called him anyway.

He answered the phone and said, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Peter?" It was a woman's voice. One that wasn't immediately recognizable to him.

"No, this isn't Peter. You must have the wrong number," he said.

"Oh, I'm sorry for bothering you then," she said. She quickly recited the number to check if she dialed it wrong, or did in fact have the wrong number.

"Yes, that is my number," he said, "But I'm not Peter and I don't know one either."

"I must have got the number wrong then," she said. "I'm sorry again for bothering you."

"It's no problem," he said. "I hope you find who you're looking for."

The brief disruption to his routine had ended. He was about to go back to what he was doing, but before he could the phone was ringing again. It was the same number that had just called. He was confused as to why she would be calling again.

He answered the phone and said, "Sorry, still not Peter."

"I'm not looking for Peter," she said. "Well, not anymore at least."

"Okay," he said. He was even more confused now than he was a few seconds ago when he saw her number again.

"I wasn't looking for you, but nevertheless I have found you," she said.

"Found me?" he said.

"How else would you describe it?" she said.

"I'm not sure what's going on here," he said. His confusion grew even more.

"It's quite simple. I was looking for Peter, but I had the wrong number and found you instead," she said. "Then I decided you were the right number after all."

"The right number? For what?" he asked.

"You have a nice voice," she said.

"Thank you?" he said. This did nothing to reign in his confusion.

"You have a nice voice. I was looking for a nice voice," she said.

"What do you need a nice voice for?" he asked.

"That's a big question with a lot of answers," she said with a bit of laughter in her voice. "Don't you enjoy a nice voice? Do you think I have a nice voice?"

"I suppose I do and you do have a nice voice," he said.

"Really?" she said. The admission appeared to both please and delight her. "That's good. Now the big question is -- what am I going to do with you now that I've found you?"

"I'm not sure where this is going," he said. His confusion no was no longer easily hidden, which appeared to amuse her.

"Is there somewhere you would like it to go?" she asked. The sound of her voice was a mix of curiosity and excitement.

"I don't know," he said. "You called me back, so did you want this to go somewhere?"

"You've got me there," she said. The call was quiet for a brief second before she spoke again. "Tell me, have you ever had phone sex before?"

"No, I've never done anything like that before," he said. His confusion was no longer the only thing that made him feel flustered at the moment.

"Would you like to try it?" she asked with that same curiosity and excitement in her voice.

"I wouldn't know where to begin," he said.

"It's easy," she quickly replied. "We'll keep it simple. All you have to do is listen and play along."

He felt the tone of the conversation shift. It was light and playful at the start, but now he felt the tension building. He didn't know what to say. The silence lingered in the air. He began to feel like this was all a dream and it would vanish the moment he woke up. He wasn't the sort of guy who did this, or even had the chance to do this. Then he heard her voice again. This time it was breathier and more seductive. Instead of waking up, he slipped deeper into the dream.

"Can you do that?" she asked.

"Yes," was all he said. It was all he could say.

He listened closely as her breathing grew heavier. Faint sighs and moans from her whispered through the phone. She spiked with a louder moan and a wave of chills ran over his body. He was fully enraptured by the sound of her voice, and his own desire couldn't be ignored.

"Are you still there?" she asked.

"Yes," was all he said again, but this time with more eagerness in his voice.

"But I want you here," she said in the breathy voice.

Whatever hesitation he initially felt was gone now. He wanted to be with her in this moment. She must have heard the sounds of his belt buckle coming undone because he could hear the excitement in her moans. He followed her lead -- breathy at first, but quickly turned to sighs and moans.

They were slowly feeling each other out. One would moan and the other responded in kind. This process of repeating and answering continued. They were two distant voices calling out to each other hoping to overcome the distance in between them. Each response felt like it drew them closer. Right up until they eventually found each other sharing in the same pleasures and coming together.

Both of them forgot about the distance immediately following the climax. For a brief moment in time they were here and together. However, the moment was fleeting. As soon as they felt close they were already drifting back apart. The silence returned, but it was absent the tension. It was more comfortable than before.

"Not bad for a wrong number," she said.

This caused both of them to laugh. The absurdity of what just happened wasn't lost on either of them, but they were in no mood to be concerned with that.

"Not bad at all," he said.

Moments of silence continued to linger, interspersed with bouts of giddy laughter. It wasn't long before she had to go, though. She regrettably had other things to attend to and didn't account for this chance meeting today.

"I wish I could stay, but I must really be going now," she said.

"It's okay. I understand," he said.

"Well, you have my number now," she said. "Perhaps you'll call me sometime?"

"Will you be free in an hour?" he said as a joke. He finally felt at ease without his earlier confusion.

"Unfortunately, not that soon," she said laughing. "Don't make me wait too long, though."

"I won't," he said.

They said their goodbyes and that was the end of the unexpected phone call. He wasn't sure when he would call her, but the thought was never far from his mind. He relived that phone call often. The sound of her was already imprinted upon his memory. His days were no longer ordinary after that and he looked forward to talking with her again soon.

Endless_Roads
Endless_Roads
1,482 Followers