All Comments on 'Strawberry Valentine'

by jackie_em

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

That was a very romantic story. 5stars

MorbidromanticMorbidromanticover 1 year ago

I liked it. The cheating topic was dealt the way I like it: the cheater was not forgiven.

HargaHargaover 1 year ago

Very romantic but I can't beleave you let that asshole Geoff get away scot-free of being a complete douche bag. A fall down a flight of stairs or a mysterious hit and run would have made me giggle.

SabrinaGLangtonSabrinaGLangtonover 1 year ago

Jackie that was such a beautiful story, thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story but it should be "went" not "when" and "Catholics" is capitalized.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A sweet story

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

I couldn't get past the awkward narrative and erratic characters. The underlying story arc was decent, but from a literary sense it never got off the ground for me. 3*

dmallorddmallordover 1 year ago

Thanks for a good read. Tastefully and not overly trashed like some similar veined plots in this genre. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was certainly well done! I would never have guessed that a story that started with cheating and date rape could turn out so sweetly in the end. 5 stars

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Ladies, if a man has videod you or taken your picture without consent, you file a report with the police. If he shares those videos without your consent, you file a report with the police. Even if you made the video and pictures willingly and shares then without permission, you file a report with the police. You get a restraining order and demand the DA files charges. If they don't, you make a huge stink. Please don't feel you are powerless and there is no reason for you to ever feel ashamed. People will think what they will think. Honorable and decent people will not make rash judgements.

Assholes, bullies and rapists will never just stop on their own. They need to be forced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with Demosthenes…clunky and awkward writing. Also never got a sense of her reason for accepting him.

MissedLifeMissedLifeover 1 year ago

Loved it! Such a sweet story. So glad they found each other.

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

Enjoyable read. I will now go back and read more of your work. 5*.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbumover 1 year ago

Really nice story. Enjoyed the buildup to the end

panaflorapanafloraover 1 year ago

I can't understand why Tim never blocked Kelly. He went to the trouble of deleting social media posts, but didn't block her? I also had trouble reconciling how Saoirse more or less resigned herself to having sex with Tim, given her previous caution. That sort of diminished their connection. It's still a decent story.

ThorlolThorlolover 1 year ago

Way too akward. Didnt see any reason for them to be dating. Although she did not outright dislike Tim she also never felt attracted to him or his personality. He just asked and she said yes because? She really didnt want to. She also didnt want to have sex with him, but did. Why though? Super weird. Also, she still should have gone to the police. She even suspected that she was drugged. Just because someone could somehow make up a case of consent, the drugs in her system, wich would be tracable for a few days would actually be almost enough evidence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. However, I am that kind of person that feels that evil should get it due. The evil one got away with all the evil he did. He should have had to face some kind of consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

EXACTLY what a romance story should deliver. Loved it!

.

5 *****

kinkybunny123kinkybunny123over 1 year ago

I liked the back&forth time aspect and the relationship! 5 stars!

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerabout 1 year ago

What's with the shits from LW infecting Romance? Can't they stay in their cess pit?

This was an ok Romance, not great but not worth the abuse the LW-tards are throwing out there. Thank you for sharing your imagination for free.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I hate those stories where a girl gets drugged and raped and "nothing can be done" "there is no proof"... Do authors know that drugs can be found in the blood even some time later?

jackie_emjackie_emabout 1 year agoAuthor

“Some drugs, such as benzodiazepines, may show up on standard urine drug-screen tests for several days after exposure, but it is often not possible to identify what, if any, drug you were exposed to,” Dr. Kathryn Hawk, a Yale Medicine emergency medicine physician and associate professor of emergency medicine at Yale School of Medicine notes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Cute romance but the writing is somewhat stilted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous