All Comments on 'Strength of the Soul Pt. 01'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once again an awesome story well written. I will be looking forward to the next chapter.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Very interesting from the depths of the ST56 Universe. Thanks for your writing. Onw ward to part 2.

Hoplite122Hoplite122over 1 year ago

This is another well written piece by Saddletramp. Being a history buff and having experienced the early years of the US space program as a youngster I really related well to the plot. I especially liked that you brought in Deke Slayton, a real life player in the Mercury program. In fact Deke was one of the Mercury 7 astronauts, and the only one who did not get to fly a Mercury mission. Great job by ST picking up on Deke Slayton and using his character in the story.

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

As always, eager to see what comes next. Lots of good stuff happening already!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

We'll see. Predictable and mediocre. The guy is married to a heartless selfish cheating whore, and he had no clue until he heard her admitting she's a whore on the phone. You know most intelligent discerning human beings can spot a fraud, especially when married to one. And this clueless cuck is the person who is going to save the world? You know what's funny is the premise that if you destroy the alien ship with a nuclear weapon that will just be the end of the aliens. I guess that's what the Japanese thought when they bombed Pearl Harbor. But vaporizing the planet would fuck up your payback plot, so just delay it until the asshole and the whore have been completely burned. Burning the entire planet will come right after that. Thanks for the effort.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Great as always!

5

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

Another great ST story, only prob is waiting. The neighbors are interesting, wonder if they are Dr A operatives

Some notes on the story and comments

In 1963 coms satellites were in their infancy. Telstar 2, the first true operational coms satellites, went up in April 1963.

The air force was founded in sep 47 but the academy was not founded until 1954. They used west point until then since they branched from the army. Mike flew in Korea, so he would have gone through West point.

There was no X67, but there was an X20, that was actually being built. It would have had orbital capability, and had they not foolishly scrapped it , leaving only spam.in a can thanks to our wonderful SS Germans, we would have had an operating space shuttle program by early 70s.

DNA testing wasnt rare in 1960s, it was non-existent. DNA testing was decades off for paternity testing. Back then blood typing was only way,and ST is right that A and B parents w diff rh factors could produce anything. Only other way would be if Mike and Rhonda were blue eyed and Lisa was brown, that would be impossible.

If Kennedy had lived,from what we know now he would have pulled us out of Vietnam.

I like it,now FTDS ST!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Looks around and realizes everything is still in black and white. Thinks back to the last time he flew on a plane and remembered smoking during the flight. Starts thinking of different ethnicities and is able to think of at least 3 unique racial slurs for each that he hears people use. Calls information and they were able to verify that the Radio Star is indeed still alive and thriving. Smacks self in head when he realizes that domestic violence is still something people blatantly ignore. Smacks self in head when he realizes it's way easier to make someone like his boss dissappear than it will be in 60 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Was OK. Who knew test pilots were so stupid. Even in an alternative universe etc. Go figure

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why can't you just post the entire story having to wait is hell I have stage 4 liver cancer and don't have long left on this planet I just hope I love long enough at this point not to die without having heard the ending

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Another ripper by ST1956, cannot wait until the next chapter

Score 5/5 as always.

littleone35littleone35over 1 year ago

Like the rewrite of history need chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A few mistakes as far as the military jargon but otherwise a good story. Looking forward to the next chapter, do not keep us waiting

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story! So easy to enjoy with all its twists and turns. l haven't read one of your stories that l haven't enjoyed. lf you have any spare time try my attempt at writing. It's called Silver Spoons and Pitchforks. Don't pay the crazy price that the publisher put on it. if you're interested, hit me up on literotica and l'll send you a copy. Sam Venable

DragonTamer129DragonTamer129over 1 year ago

Impatiently waiting the next chapter. So, I think you know what I thought of chapter 1.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

This absolutely cinematic... make a good Netflix series!! As usual, your storytelling is about the best! 5++++++/5!!!

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Interesting start. Looking forward to the second installment.

Man, ST, the weird comments you get from the anons have to be entertaining for you. LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars!. The neighbor just might help Mike. The whore and her master, hopefully, will get their just due. If they both disappear, maybe in the space ship. Then, Mike could take up with Janice and raise their combined family Just a little sample why you are the MASTER!!

spud65spud65over 1 year ago

A bit dry but I’m certain it will pick up in the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don't remember history happening like that, but I like your version, other than poor John Glenn. And you warned us. Good story thus far.

Slider_48167Slider_48167over 1 year ago

I certainly like what I anticipate/hope will happen to the sleazy colonel. IMHO, the cheating wife needs to suffer as well. No RAAC in my mind!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FTDS its not like things are advertised and we are waiting for them no one was siting waiting for this story to be released so just write the whole thing and put it all up in one. Not. Fucking. Hard! 1*

sxyilmsxyilmover 1 year ago

I look forward to the continuing chapters of this tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So far, so good! Interesting as to what comes next. Thanks!

OLPIOLPIover 1 year ago

I've always enjoyed the "What Ifs", as if JFK wasn't killed. You must spend a lot of time in fantasy land, I'm surprised we haven't bumped into one another there. Good read, as usual. I will be interested to see the spin you put on the Cuba thing. I have my own thoughts on why it went the way it did. Waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Most excellent Chapter 1.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Darn it’s hard waiting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great saddletramp1956 offering. Cheating Wives and space aliens...as the great Henny Youngman use to say; "Take my Wife.....Please!"

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Hurry up man!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Got a good start with this one, got me hooked already. An Old curmudgeon

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

I'll be watching for the upcoming chapters.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Saddletramp’s imagination is second to none. He has me hooked on another story now. Bring it on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would have to agree pretty far out there.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Surely he'll get captured and swap his wife for his freedom. Ah well, wishful thinking. Great start, I feel for Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

thanks for another ride through your universe

steppinontoes

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's too bad I am a history junky lol You probably know the reversed concept of Lincoln and Kennedy Lincoln was shot in a Theater and the shooter went to a Storage Building. Kennedy was shot from a Library book storage Building and was caught in a Theater Kenndy's secretary was Named Lincoln and Lincoln's Secretary was Named Kennedy. I do understand your writing style and History. I love Justic O Peace Texas Ranger in your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for another ride in your universe Tramp. Now I'm hooked on another one of your stories that I'll have to finish tomorrow, as it's past my bed time. Thanks for sharing it with us. I gave it 5 stars, even with the revisionist history thrown in. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really weird, love it. Your world rocks so far. lol

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

Seriously love the setting, plot so far outstanding, but it better have a forceful progression... so far it had me Holding my breath, and I can't do that for long ....

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Slightly odd but I’ll give another part a go,

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

👍🙄🤔👌😁🍺

InosolanInosolan11 months ago

Minor points:

You've said that there are anachronisms in this story. The biggest one is communication satellites. Telstar, which was strictly experimental and not a communication satellite in any real sense, launched in 1962, and the technology didn't exist yet to put real comm satellites in orbit till later.

Also, orbital mechanics {while the history of the space program might be significantly different, Newton's laws and the laws of orbital mechanics have never changed and will never change}: "orbiting over DC at 3500 miles":

A 3500- mile orbit {assuming the spcecraft is not using constant power to hover} is about three-and-a-half hours. Synchronous communication satellites {which are used for communications} orbit at about 24,000 miles, where their orbital perios is 24 hours, so they complete one orbit as the Earth completes one rotation, so they can seem to stay motionless in the sky.

If they are above the Equator. Any other orbit has to be canted relative to the Equator and can't be synchronous to a point on the ground - it will swing north of the Equator and south twelve hours later.

Put a satellite in a 24-hour orbit that takes it over Washington DC, and twelve hours after it's above DC, {lat 38N, long 78W - approximately}, it will be over an apparently empty point in the Pacific {lat 38S, long 78W}

I know this is rrelevant to a sex story, It just itches at me when i read it

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great start on what looks to be a great story. The little part about President Kennedy surviving the assassination attempt threw me for a minute, but then I remembered you did mention a little sci-fi thrown in. Looking forward to part two, ‘Tramp, keep ‘em coming.

5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

bhill8671bhill86713 days ago
I like it!

It's kind of like the movie Independence Day meets your fallout series. FIVE plus stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES