All Comments on 'Strength of the Soul Pt. 01'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 145 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Please refer to my profile for more on my personal policy regarding comments

And you couldn't possibly just say what your personal policy is in the entire intro?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Wonder if that's what an acid trip is like? 🤣

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Nice as always

5 stars

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Excellent as always. I'm looking forward to how you handle this. Jim, if he survives will probably be divorced in prison because I'm sure he'll be up on at least attempted murder - in addition to the other charges, and I'm sure the media will have a field day and make him out as a traitor. Rhonda will be known as the cheating slut who betrayed a national hero - she might as well voluntarily take herself to a whore house in Mexico (or anywhere where she doesn't know the language) and just give herself over to them to be used and abused, because she'll be the most hated woman in America - Hell, everyone over the age of 5 will spit on her where ever she is. I just hope Mike can save Lisa.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice start, don't know where you're going but I'm looking forward to it. Are they still going to kill President Diem?

I'm just curious.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Enjoying the story. Do not like wife or boss. AAAA++++

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

A new low in perpetually pathetically wretchedly stupid

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not for me

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

One of the most intriguing stories I've read in months.

I love the 60s setting coupled with the wife's betrayal, and the alien invaders.

Can't wait for chapter 2!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not your usual good writing and well done stories. It is interesting though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really like Saddle tramp stories, but there isn't a single chance in hell a guy could sit by knowing someone was fucking his wife, with his, maybe, kid around.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Aw shucks!

It ended when it was just getting interesting.

But gotta say this tale is one riveting story.

Nice work ST1956.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual a great starting story from the master Look FWD to the next few chapters (jaybee186)

ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

some body's ass is toast

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Great start!!! Looking forward to the next chapter!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

What a piece of shit Jim is....I bet he can't fight worth a shit either...probably kicks dogs too

FordF150guyFordF150guyover 1 year ago

Interesting. Not sure at this point what to make of the re-writing of history, but we’ll to wait and see where this takes us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

meh

your creativity is still top notch in terms of setting.

But the female characters are starting to get a bit boring in their (always the same) behavior and one-dimensionality.

The - so far - main antagonist / adulterer also behaves like all the others you created.

I guess the behavior of both types is that of a mentally challenged persion (in most cases with sociopathic tendencies).

I think you can at least be glad that the MC gets his revenge in the end and doesn't end up like in every Cavigirls story.

But since this is Ch 01 maybe we will be surprised

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Saddle, your stories are always interesting. However, isn't a Major in the USA Military expected to be at least reasonably intelligent? Ten years this bozo has had a cheating slut wife and he never twigged. Plus, as soon as he found out, without ANY evidence, he confronts his wife. How stupid is that? No checking at all. Yes DNA analysis was not a common thing back then and any type of biological analysis was extremely expensive. So why did this moron start blabbing immediately to his slut wife and her AP? Alerting them both to be far more vigalent and ruining his chances of a PI observing them in action while he was "on duty". Also, he blabbed to his suspected wife's AP that he was going to see a divorce lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love your originality. Great read.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I cannot wait until the next part comes out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Roll on to part 2 already, it's getting real interesting!

NKen

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

As usual another Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐. You must really be old like me or at least a good history buff. The things you bring into the stories are right out of the Spy vs Spy actions of the late 50s, 60s and 70s. Back then the bugging of phone lines rooms and the bouncing of beams off window to listen to conversations was a common act of nations following its citizens or other nations spies.

I always enjoy your tales be they of alternate universes or not. Once again you earned everyone of the ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ with this start of another story. I am looking forward to the next installment.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

CharetteCharetteover 1 year ago

great , waiting for the next part

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 1 year ago

I love learning new things, and prior to this story I had absolutely no idea that aliens are afraid of teddy bears! Good thing I still have one; even more than one! And yes, I share. You should let Marjorie Taylor Green know as well; currently she thinks it's all about space lasers. Teddy Bears are more ecological, for sure. We've gotta save the planet, you know. Five stars ~~ JB

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Gotta do the rest soon. D

SDN1955SDN1955over 1 year ago

Interesting first chapter Tramp. Always been a fan of alternative history.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding writing. Next chapter as soon as possible please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s always a good day when there is a new saddletramp yarn to enjoy! Can’t wait to see how this one turns out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like all of your stories. Reminds me of a song from long ago. “And then along came Jones”

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

Thank God ST is back and in full form again. Already salivating for chapter 2. I hope ST lives to be 200.years old and never stops writing. 5⭐️ as always.

Omegaman56Omegaman56over 1 year ago

Great start. 5 stars

ttt59ttt59over 1 year ago

Go get em ST, we're with you all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great read from you.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Much like “For All Mankind”. Very interesting. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Hopefully continued soon? Great stuff as always! 5*

DontPanic442DontPanic442over 1 year ago

Great stuff my personal hero saddletramp1956. Thank you 😊.

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

Awww diss gonna be good! They bout to be saddletramped!

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Holy Moly, Great Plot, Great Writing, Great Story - This is like a combination story between James Bond, and Independence Day or Buck Rogers and Maybe Perry Mason! Still Human kind is Threatened by Destruction and the hero is suffering because of a cheating wife. Cheating with his CO, of all things. 10 stars to The Great Saddle Tramp. Another GREAT one from the Great ST. I can't wait for the next Chapter! Hold on to your Hat, this is an Adventure to save the world! Not much chance to save the Hero's Marriage tho. Cheating wife for nearly 10 years, that pussy has been too disrespectful and too polluted by his own best friend and Boss who has been screwing his best friend and his best friends wife! Stabbed in the back by the best friend!

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

Alright you have me hooked. Can’t wait to see what you do with the President Kennedy living timeline.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 1 year ago

I wonder how Kennedy - still being alive - is going to fuck up this operation like he did with the Bay of Pigs

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Anxiously awaiting Part 2, lol...

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

There’s a first time for everything and it’s arrived with this saddletramp1956 effort namely disappointment, yes interesting characters, yes intriguing plot, but at the beginning he overheard wife’s telephone conversation, there was no ambiguity with what he listened to yet later he surmised he needed to know what was going on…really? Perhaps a negligible issue when taking in the whole story but it shaded the rest of the story, would a man like this behave in such a weak way.

It’s not gonna stop me looking forward to the next part though, I learnt a long time ago to live with a little disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great start to an interesting tale! Firstly, love the alternative history context — although the arriving aliens plot device seems a bit much. But ST usually handles these “far out” storylines very well. So we’ll see how it goes.

.

The infidelity intrigue is set up to entertain. Best friend AND commanding officer fucking wife. Kid maybe nit his. Wife loving her lover, but seems to also like/love husband? Meanwhile…house is already under surveillance by Harold and Rita? Mmmmmm.

.

Obviously I’m distressed that I have to wait for the next installment! Drat!

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very good start to another story. Always enjoy Saddletramp's unique work.

Robby_DRobby_Dover 1 year ago

This story is off to a great start. It has the potential to be among your best. Please don't make us wait too long for the next installment. 5 Stars and waiting...

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

Will hold rating to see if it comes a day or some for chapter 2 or if it's is weeks for chapter 2 writers so you know you are graded on how fast the chapters come out .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Can hardly wait for the next part

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Definitely keep going.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

Some really interesting twists to history in our current String time-line.

\

This time-line also implies Johnston did not get to spin-up Vietnam, so mote it be - I like that, no AK47 round to my left knee-cap, +more.

\

This should be a fun series - hope it's released timely.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

SBC97281SBC97281over 1 year ago

I like where this is going. Interesting selection of setting and characters! Looking forward to Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Is his related to the "string theory" that Sheldon gave up on in "TBBT"?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like it!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Skim it. Nothing worth reading

RealokieRealokieover 1 year ago

Great story - needs to have an ending. I'll keep looking for it!

Wildbill314Wildbill314over 1 year ago

When you jump the shark…it is like jumping Jaws

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

It's always a good day when a new Saddletramp story is posted!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

gave up at spacecraft over D.C.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Oh no!

Bad time to stop! ‘Cuz it was getting really good! Ok, ST, waiting for part 2. Great start, and thanks for writing!

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Well done and quite interesting. Half of the women?

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

Mike doesn;'t really come across that angry when he knows his wife is a cheating slut, especially with his supposed friend and CO. To be a test pilot and do the work he does, I would suggest that he would be more of a Type A personality.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Thanks!!!

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

I can see it now..... Justice O' Peace shows up and lassoes that silly little spacecraft.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As usual… 5🌟

TK

rvan7269rvan7269over 1 year ago

Looks like another spinoff from your Flash series which is Great!! Dot know how this will play out bug I am sure you will make it interesting and enjoyable!!

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Welcome back. What a great start and can't wait for the next part. I'm wondering who the neighbours really are and why they are there. Is it linked to the assassination attempt? Hope part 2 is published soon. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Start! I just hope you aren't going to drag this out over 10 parts taking a year to complete.

Rusty_MRusty_Mover 1 year ago

Another winner. The Air Force Academy. Not West Point...

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 1 year ago

Great start, can't wait to read more.

LWLover60LWLover60over 1 year ago

Can't wait for the next chapter. Another awesome story!

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Damn. I hate that it ended at this point!

jezzazjezzazover 1 year ago

If the rest is a good as this, it’s probably one of the best things you’ve written. Love the mishmash of slightly different historical timelines and Independence Day.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

That's what I call growing your teeth and then not getting anything to eat! You can be sure that a lot of readers are looking forward to the further development! 5*!

AerorulesAerorulesover 1 year ago

Great start...anticipating the next chapter.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Another great tale from one of the most gifted writers. Awaiting PT. 02, hopefully soon. Thanks for the tale.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmover 1 year ago

Love your writing! Characters seem interesting, plot was intriguing, and most logic-problems can be overlooked, since you're writing in an alternate universe. I still have two points to make, though, that caused me to give only 4/5 stars:

- The Aliens gave them a list of "Genetic Markers" they look for in women. So, they know about genetic markers. But they don't know how Paternity-Tests work?

- Everyone is talking about Mike going on a mission to save the world. These two intelligence-officers/spys/whatever overhear Loverboy plotting to decrease Mike's odds of survival, and thereby increase the chance for Mission failure. And they didn't IMMEDIATELY take action?

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Didnt get far again. ST lost me some stories ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My guess is we might see the. Next chapter in a couple of months if that soon! He’s a good author but terrible at timely postings!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, OK you grabbed me and pulled me in! But not the way you might have thought! But anyone writing about an early 1960s USAF couple, who knows to throw in a reference to pinochle! Bam! You got me! And I don't even know how to play pinochle, for crying out loud! I just know that I had to endure the torture of sitting hours and hours and hours of waiting for my parents to play that LAST HAND...it seemed to take forever! Bored out of my mind! In those days, no pocket video games, no iPads, no Netflix, no FUN! Can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Rusty_M - In the time frame of this story and when Mike would have been in college, the USAF Academy did not exist. The story states that Mike flew in the Korean War which was 1950 to 1953. The USAF Academy wasn't established until April 1, 1954.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@BlueEyed2 - Mike is between the devil and the deep blue sea!if he does anything physical to Rhonda or Jim he is in big trouble. Hurt Rhonda, he goes to jail and his military career is over. Hurt Jim and he goes to Leavenworth and his military career is over. The military takes a dim view of their people assaulting their spouses and a dimmer view of them assaulting superior officers. He might even loose hi retirement rights. Besides the fact that the USAF needs him for this alien thing, it would be over eventually and he would need to answer charges eventually.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When is the next chapter coming out?

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

Great start, and great to see you back. Five stars

rodmo58rodmo58over 1 year ago

Another great one tramp56!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great development! I’m really looking forward to reading more.

PikaGelionPikaGelionover 1 year ago

I feel like I am downtown in our theater on a Saturday afternoon and they just ended Chapter One of a brand new adventure serial!

I used to get Three Musketeers candybars, put 'em in the freezer and take one with me to the movie.

Great Story! Great Memories!

Thanks, ST, for sharing.

Pete_from_aus01Pete_from_aus01over 1 year ago

Another awesome instalment from ST. 5*****

maxx308maxx308over 1 year ago

I agree with everyone else, a good start to what appears to be an interesting read.

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Great opening chapter looking forward to the next one

Thanks for writing

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

C'mon, part the second!!!!

Great start, ST!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 1 year ago

Keep at it, hoss. The Bear approves. 5 stars, and it's sci-fi as well. I love it. Can't wait for chapter two.

The BEAR

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent as always for Mr. SaddleTramp. Hardly wait for the next episode, lol. Another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thank you once more!

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago
Sci-fi?

Good story so far.

Maybe better in sci- fi catagory.

Glad to see he had Oswald as the “alleged” shooter of Kennedy, as in reality he never did fire the “kill” shot. He did fire the first two rounds and wounded JFK as in this story. Just didn’t kill him. George Warren Hinkey Jr. fired the kill shot.

RK52RK52over 1 year ago

Good start. I look forward to the follow on chapters. The story can go in a number of directions but I’m assuming you have them worked out. Th early 60s was an interesting period so I’m really looking forward to where you go with it.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Cheaters

Need dealt with, the lying bastard so called best friend and bitch wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great "What If" opening. About the only part that might be off is the BOQ setting. Officer rooms were pretty good places to spend an isolated TDY night. Or maybe I should say that the near by O Club was usually pretty nice with good chow. And for the record the commanding officer who decided to fool around with the wife of a subordinate was definitely risking his rank and position. He would suddenly decide to ask for retirement and kiss any chance of promotion good bye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You should have said this was just an early chapter. I wouldn’t have wasted my time

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Good story a little bit of everything and little intrigue, aliens invading, a nice loving wife and spies in the house down the block. What's not to like? 5 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES