Striking the Heart of the Wolf Pt. 01

Story Info
An unexpected inheritance puts Mia on a new path.
5.4k words
4.64
5.2k
14

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/19/2023
Created 08/19/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Taysamor
Taysamor
49 Followers

The chill from the cool mountain air hit Mia's back, causing a shiver to run through her as she struggled to pull the large suitcase and duffle bag from the trunk of the Camaro. After three days in the small car, she reasoned it probably would have been a better idea to rent something more travel friendly. Still she didn't regret her choice if not for the very least sentimental reasons.

She straightened herself after closing the trunk and looked out at the snow topped mountains taking in the cool blue hue of the atmosphere. Everything was so serene, the air crisp and fresh as she took deep soothing breaths. The trees of the forest went on for miles seemed so welcoming, images of herself running in them, basking in the feel of the earth around her flooded her mind.

Dropping her bags as she entered the foyer of the cabin, Mia was blown away by the unexpected interior. The wood cabin was charming enough from the outside, but the inside was stunning. The original construction had a modern look, with a touch of vintage furniture and décor. It was definitely not what she pictured when she learned she had inherited the property in the mountains of Gildergreen, Colorado, from the man she had been taking care of for the last five years.

As she took in the sight of her new home away from home, Mia felt an ease wash over her. There was something about this place she couldn't explain.

"You must be Mia?" She jumped as an older man in an open button-down shirt over a white tee-shirt and worn blue jeans caught her attention.

Extending his hand to her, he introduced himself. "I'm George, the groundskeeper." His smile was welcoming under his gray beard, causing the lines around his kind eyes to exaggerate. He looked to be in his late 50s, yet the years had been good to him ever the same.

"Of course! Hi, yes, I'm Mia. This place is magnificent. I didn't know Victor had such good taste."

George let out a chuckle. "No, Victor never cared much for interior design. His workshop was where he spent most of his off time. This was all his late wife Clara and my wife's doing."

"That man loved working with his hands. He was building till his last day," Mia said with a slight hint of sadness in her tone. Victor had become somewhat of a father figure to her in the short time she spent with him, hers being absent her whole life. It was a much-needed connection, one that didn't come lightly. Even though a year did not seem like such a long time, she spent more time with Victor in those months than anyone else. Working nonstop offered an escape from her life. However, Victor offered a safe haven for her. Her time with him consisted of peaceful and happy memories.

"I'm so happy to hear that, stubborn as always, even at death's door. But the Mrs. is the one who keeps this place looking right and tight. She has a knack for that kind of stuff. Most of the design was by Clara though."

"They sound like my kind of women."

Becoming quiet, her anxiety began to rise. Social situations always made her nervous, especially those involving her alone with a man.

George seemed to catch on to Mia's discomfort. "Well, I will leave you to get better acquainted with the place. My wife left our numbers on the counter in case you need anything, along with a list of places she thought you might like to check out in town. It's a small town, but there are plenty of local shops and dining, and the people here are all very welcoming, minus a few bad apples."

"Thank you, George. I look forward to meeting your wife soon. I will let you know if I run into any trouble." With that George gave Mia one last smile and a nod before making his leave.

Mia let out a sigh after George closed the back door behind him, chastising herself for her awkwardness and unreasonable fear.

After her mom died when she was four, Mia's dad tried to take care of her on his own. He eventually left her with his sister and her husband a year later and disappeared. Her mom's family were all a world away in Ireland, and her Aunt Camilla was the only family her father trusted. There was never a doubt in Mia's mind that her father loved her. She knew a piece of him died when her mom died, to a point it broke him. Her aunt Camilla was a wonderful woman who tried her best to fill the space left empty after her parents were gone.

They were first-generation Italian Americans, though stern, Camilla was warm and loving towards Mia. Always taking the time to teach her anything from cooking to sewing, and more. She was there for every scratch and scrape, every school achievement, and every kiss goodnight. She worked a lot, but most of all, she did her best to make Mia feel loved and cared for.

Uncle Marco on the other hand was something else entirely. On the outside, he was just as amazing, but on the inside when no one was around, became a horrible, sick, and perverse man.

Not wanting to let her mind get sucked into the rabbit hole of darkness, known as her memories, Mia left her bags by the front door and decided to get better acquainted with the place.

After a thorough tour of the cabin, she decided on a small nap before heading into town to track down some food. Mia grabbed her bags and made her way past the cozy living room where a beautiful brown sectional with a piece of worn leather fabric, adorned with some comfy-looking wool throws sat. It was a spacious area, the couch faced the far corner of the room, leaving a grey and white fur rug take up the floor. In one corner a massive stone fireplace sat between two floor-to-ceiling windows. Adjacent to that was a large TV built into the wall.

Making her way up the magnificent spiral stairs in the far back corner of the cabin, she admired the rustic steel they were made of as she climbed to the loft. Throwing her luggage in front of the dresser, she sauntered over to the large bed and collapsed into the thick plush cotton comforter. This was definitely the doing of a sensible woman. She thought. Exhausted from the cross-country drive, she barely slipped her boots off before drifting off to sleep.

Jax studied the petite brunette from his truck as she pulled her things from the classic Camaro SS. Probably a '68 he guessed, it looked like Victor's handy work. Initially disappointed Victor chose not to leave his property to the pack. He was suspicious as to why he left it to someone he had only known for such a short time and worried what her motives were. When Victor left he selected Jax to take his place as Alpha, and with that came all the responsibilities of running an entire pack and keeping away any threats. When he saw her that feeling faded away as he felt an instant pull towards her. His wolf suddenly excited as he'd never felt before. Dismissing the intrusive feeling, Jax pulled away to meet up with George at his place.

What the fuck was that? He thought to himself. He couldn't figure it out, but his wolf seemed to know something he didn't. Sure she was gorgeous, her wavy dark brown hair coming just below her perky breasts. She was short and petite but had curves in all the right places. Even her baggy sweatpants couldn't hide, but the tight long sleeve shirt showed off the form of her chest perfectly. Everything aside, she was still human. What was Victor thinking? His thoughts drifted, and he began to imagine how it would feel to grip her tight round ass, and how her tits would fit perfectly in his large hands. Jax shook his head trying to ward off the intrusive thoughts, instead placing his focus back on the task at hand.

George only lived ten minutes from the property, so Jax was there in no time. George pulled up not long after in his truck, which Jax was pretty sure was holding on by duct tape and bubble gum.

Jax greeted him playfully. "Hey old man"

"Hey there youngin', I take it you aren't here for tea with the Mrs." George chuckled, knowing exactly why Jax was in his driveway.

"As much as I thoroughly enjoy Mrs. Emily's tea and gossip, no that is not the matter of my visit today."

"I take it you saw the girl?"

"I did, what's your take?" George wasn't a wolf, yet he was a very strong empath, an old ally to the pack, and a dear friend to Victor. Jax trusted his judgment.

"She seems harmless. Her energy is extremely genuine, albeit a little anxious and unsure of herself. Hard to tell what all Victor chose to disclose in his final days. There is something strange I can't quite put my finger on though."

"Anything I should be concerned about?"

"I don't believe so, there's an aura around her. It's faint but familiar at the same time. It's more of a light than darkness, which leads me to believe whatever it is, it's good."

"Just keep an eye on her." Jax requested. "The property is far enough off pack lands we shouldn't have to worry about her stumbling across any of the pack in wolf form. We've gone this long without the towns folk chasing us with pitchforks and torches, even with their long-standing folklore." Jax laughed, trying to mask his unease.

"I have business to tend to back at the compound though. Let me know if you see anything off, and give the misses a hug for me." He gave the old man a pat on the shoulder and waved to Emily who was sitting on the front porch.

George returned the gesture. "Of course, son, I expect to see you tomorrow night for the winter festival?"

"Wouldn't miss it."

Jax returned to his truck and called out to his second in command through the telekinetic bond the pack shared, while pulling onto the road.

"Russ I'm on my way to the compound. Meet me in my office in 15."

"Sure thing boss." Russell immediately answered his alpha's orders.

His best friend and Beta were always his most trusted advisor, and if anyone could help him sort this all out it would be Russ.

- - -

When Mia woke, the sun had already begun to set, and her stomach complained after the lack of adequate food on the cross-country road trip. In desperate need of food, she decided it was time to check out some of the local restaurants. Her bones protested as she stretched, peeled herself from the bed, and headed to the bathroom. No matter how hungry she was, she was overdue for a shower.

When she pushed open the barn-style door, her jaw nearly dropped. The bathroom looked like it came straight out of a magazine. As if the huge walk-in shower wasn't enough there was a giant Jacuzzi tub, lined with soaps, oils, and a few candles. Ditching the shower idea, Mia began to fill the tub with warm water and oils that smelled of lavender and lemon.

Once the tub was filled, Mia stripped herself of the clothes she had been wearing far too long on the last leg of her journey, and slowly eased herself in. The water was a little hotter than she intended, but it wrapped around her, comforting her body and easing the tension in her muscles. The feeling of the oils caressing her skin as she rubbed her sore muscles was heavenly.

Leaning her head back on the edge of the tub, the dark memories began to fight the serenity that flowed through her. Clawing to the surface, they took over her mind. Flashes of her past played vividly as if she was watching them come to life. The image of her ten-year-old self materialized in front of her.

* * *

Mia shrank herself under his glare, his eyes black with rage. "I thought I told you not to talk to boys!"

Cowering under the anger in his voice, she responded timidly, trying not to anger him further. "I'm sorry Uncle Marco. I tried to ignore him, but he just kept talking," she explained. "It was just Mrs. Janice's son from down the street. He just wanted to see if I would play with him and the rest of the neighborhood kids."

"I don't care who it was! A boy is a boy nonetheless, in the end, they all have the same intentions." He chastised. "I've told you this over and over, you know the consequences, yet you still chose to disobey me!" Marco then grabbed Mia harshly by the arm, dragging her down the hall toward her room.

Mia cried as she began to beg. "Please, Uncle Marco! I promise it won't happen again! I'm sorry, don't hurt me!"

"I know it won't because I am about to remind you what happens if you disobey me again."

After slamming the door behind him, Marco delivered his punishment. It wasn't the first time he had beaten her; leaving evidence where it would remain unseen.

When he was finished, he laid Mia crying on the bed, sitting next to her as he gently stroked her hair, cooing at her as if he hadn't just brought her pain.

"Shhh my precious girl," he spoke softly. "I only do this because I love you. I hate to think of what those boys would do to you. Everything I do is for your own good."

When he leaned down to kiss her head Mia flinched, which only elicited a devilish chuckle from him. "You will learn girl."

As he routinely would do after chastising her, he left her shivering as tears flowed free from the humiliation.

* * *

When she was finally able to break her mind free of the memory, Mia quickly finished her bath, no longer able to enjoy the comfort it had originally offered her. Stepping out of the tub, she wrapped herself in a fluffy towel and then walked over to the wall-length mirror above the 'his and hers' sinks. Her hair required little effort, a few scrunches with a towel and it would dry into her natural curls. Not wanting to fuss too much with makeup, silently praising the gods her skin was being cooperative lately, she threw on a small layer of mascara and some ChapStick to protect her lips from the climate.

Spending her entire life in Miami, Mia was not prepared for the cold weather at the tail end of the Colorado fall. The change of scenery was much needed though, so she reasoned with herself not to complain too much about it.

After quickly changing into a long sleeve undershirt and her favorite jeans that showed their years of wear, she slipped her new knee-high black boots on, grabbed her oversized black hoodie, and was out the door. Blasting the heater, Mia gave her car a moment to warm up before pulling out of the driveway. This climate was definitely going to take some getting used to.

Driving through the mountain roads, Mia felt herself drawn to the scenery around her. There was something therapeutic about it all. After making her way downtown, she decided on one of the three lone restaurants she had seen. "The Grey Wolf Café" caught her eye, Mia found the name peculiar. It was small and quaint, with booths lining the windows and only a few tables in the open floor, the kitchen open to view from the dining area. The soft glow from the lighting and the calming music made it feel warm and welcoming.

After entering the Café, which was more of a diner, she was seated in a small booth. Not long after a middle-aged woman with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes, with the most genuine smile she had ever seen was at her table in no time to take her order.

The woman spoke to her with enthusiasm. "Hey there darlin' I'm Marie and I'll be your waitress today. You must be the young lady who inherited Victor's old place. My, aren't you beautiful! It's nice to see a new face around here." Mia instantly warmed to her and returned her smile.

"Oh dear, don't mind me. Sometimes my mouth moves faster than my brain. Anyway, glad to meet you! What's your name love?"

"I'm Mia, and it's wonderful to meet you too."

Straightening herself, Marie moved on, the liveliness still in her voice. "Well Mia, welcome to Gildergreen. What's your fancy for dinner? Jeremy back there is the best cook in town, so you just let me know and I'll have him fix it up for you in a pinch!" Suddenly, giving her a start, a man came up behind the chirpy.

"Ms. Marie don't you go scaring off the young lady before she's even had a chance to settle in." The god-like man said before planting a kiss on her cheek.

He stood over a foot taller than Marie, and his bronze skin was practically glowing. The sides of his head were shaved with thick dark brown hair left on top that was pulled back into a messy bun at the back. Mia generally thought the man bun was cheesy, but God's if he didn't pull it off, the well-kept beard didn't hurt either. She almost melted where she sat when he turned to her with his golden-brown eyes and gorgeous smile. Marie eventually snapped her back to her senses.

"Oh, stop it Jax." she playfully smacked him on the arm with her pad as her cheeks grew a crimson red.

Jax then spoke directly to Mia. "Would you mind if I joined you? I would hate to see you sitting here all alone."

"Not at all." Doing her best to sound casual, Mia's mind and body were conflicted by her immediate reaction to this man.

Jax sat across from Mia in the small booth, then looked up at Marie to give his order.

"I'll have the steak and eggs with a side of fries and a coke please."

"Steak rare, eggs over easy, as usual?"

"Yes ma'am."

Marie glanced over at Mia. "What about you love?"

"I'll just have a grilled cheese with tomato, fries, and water with lemon if you have any please."

"Sure thing sugar, Jax behave yourself, I'd like to keep her around." Marie scolded in jest, unable to conceal the playful smirk.

Jax downed a mock look of offense. "Ms. Marie have I ever been less than a gentleman?"

"Oh, I can recall a few moments from your teen years."

Jax laughed at Marie's account of his younger self. "I have no idea what you are referring to."

Marie pursed her lips. "Mm-hmm." Then rolling her eyes she gave a small laugh before walking back to the kitchen.

Returning his attention to Mia, he looked at her with such intensity her cheeks burned in return. Trying to hide her face, Mia looked down and started fidgeting with her fingers, a recurring habit she picked up when feeling nervous or anxious. Something stirred inside of her, his presence enticing her in a way she had never experienced before.

Watching Mia's olive-tan skin turn red from his stare, Jax wondered if Russ was right about the possibility of her being his mate. The pull Jax felt earlier when he first saw her, was now intensified ten-fold by being near her. It was as if her being there was filling something that he didn't know was missing. It wasn't unheard of for a wolf to find a mate not of their kind, but it was rare, and nothing any of his pack had actually witnessed. Watching her fidget under his gaze, and how adorably awkward she was caused Jax to smile.

Gods, she is beautiful.

"So how are you enjoying the mountains so far?" Jax inquired, trying to engage her.

Mia spoke mildly. "Well, it's definitely not the sandy beaches of South Florida, but it is beautiful in its own right."

"It very much is, it holds a certain wonder to it."

"I'm beginning to see that already."

When Mia finally lifted her head to meet Jax's eyes, his breath caught in his chest. Her light green eyes practically shined back at him, and he instantly became lost in them. They were precious emeralds that pierced his soul, drawing him in like a siren in the night. Coming to full attention, he heard his wolf howl, and he knew now what his wolf knew.

Mine.

Remaining cool and calm, Jax gathered his thoughts and changed the subject. He didn't want to get too aggressive. Yet.

"I understand you took care of Victor. How was the old grouch?" The statement caused a laugh to escape Mia, and it was the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.

"Well, we must not be talking about the same Victor then, he was wonderful. Honestly, I think in the end I needed him more than he needed me." There was sadness in her voice, but she seemed to push whatever intrusive thoughts she was having away and continued.

"He was definitely stubborn though. Sometimes I questioned why I was hired given he barely let me help him with anything. I often wondered if he was just lonely, maybe just needed the company. He was amazing with his woodwork. I would sit there with him for hours as he worked on his projects. And that car, my goodness he spent so much time on that damn car. He was determined to finish it and he did, just a few days before he passed."

Taysamor
Taysamor
49 Followers
12