Striking the Heart of the Wolf Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Doesn't surprise me, he was mighty persistent. What kind of car was it?" Jax asked, not wanting her to know he had been watching her earlier that day.

"It's a '68 Camaro SS. Luckily, he taught me to drive a stick, or I wouldn't know what to do with the thing when I got it. He was so proud of it." Her smile was so bright, it was the most genuine thing Jax had ever seen. "I was shocked when they told me he left it to me, I mean not as shocked when I found out he had a cabin and land in Colorado that he also decided was to be mine." She shook her head in disbelief. "I never expected that he wanted me to have all of this. It's a little overwhelming if I'm being completely honest."

"You must have been very special to him," Jax said sincerely. "When he left for Florida no one was truly surprised. We all loved him, he was family after all. But after his wife died, he just wasn't the same. I think it was too painful being around everything that reminded him of her. Clara couldn't have kids, so it was always just them. I know it sounds cheesy, but their love was truly something out of a fairytale." He smiled at the thought. "I think it was just easier for him to leave than to see her presence everywhere around him."

"I know a little about that." A quick glimpse of pain struck her eyes, but she didn't dwell on it and continued.

"He talked about Clara all the time. He never shared too much about his life, but he would always share his memories with her. You could see him light up whenever he mentioned her."

Mia smiled fondly as she talked about Victor. He could sense the love she had for him and knew she never had any ill intentions. The way she smiled and laughed, the way he could stare into her eyes for eternity. He could barely contain his wolf. Jax knew he would do whatever it took to have her.

"Here you go loves."

Marie set the food and drinks on the table, interrupting his thoughts. Any other time he would be nose deep in his plate the second it hit the table, but his company was holding all his focus.

Mia replied looking pleased with the meal. "Thank you, Marie."

Jax followed suit. "Thank you, Ms. Marie, it looks great."

"Enjoy guys, let me know if there's anything you need."

"Yes ma'am," Jax said before looking back at Mia.

After Marie left them alone again, Mia felt her stomach yell at her when the amazing smell hit her nose. She had been so entranced by this man in front of her, she had forgotten how hungry she was from not eating at all today. The intensity with which Jax stared at her caused the butterflies in her stomach to overpower its protests of hunger.

"Eat your food. I can hear your stomach from over here." His voice was dominant, laced with concern as if he cared about her.

After taking her time eating her meal, feeling replenished, she and Jax continued talking long after Marie had removed the empty plates from the table. They talked about life in Florida. Mia avoided going into any detail about herself. She never liked discussing her past, she would rather forget the painful memories altogether. Instead, Mia redirected by asking questions about the small Colorado town, and Jax's life growing up here.

"So let me get this straight. You run a community, secluded in the mountains, away from modern civilization, and you are self-sustaining? It sounds like some sort of cooperative society." Mia inquired, astonished at the way of life.

Jax's smile conveyed a sense of kindness, being patient with her questions. "In a way, I suppose. It's a bit more exclusive than your ordinary co-op. Everyone who lives there is either a direct descendant of our ancestors or related by marriage." He tried to explain. "We do have a source of funds from outside our community, and we frequently do business and have relationships with the people who live in town."

Mia observed him skeptically. "I know it's not unheard of, especially in other countries. I guess I never imagined seeing it firsthand."

Jax laughed lightheartedly. "I imagine it sounds weird to someone who has never witnessed that sort of thing, but it's ordinary for me." He shrugged at his sentiment.

"I guess we have our own small communities in south Florida, people from different cultures staying together in specific areas. The neighborhood I grew up in was all people of Italian lineage." Mia's face was struck with a pondering look. "I suppose it's really not all that crazy in hindsight." She looked up at Jax with an understanding smile, seemingly accepting his reality.

Jax tried to probe further into her life and experiences. "I imagine living in a neighborhood like that, you grew up with a lot of family."

Mia suddenly looked disconnected but smiled when she responded, "Not really, most of my relatives remain in their home countries." She quickly redirected. "You must have tons of family though. It must be great growing up so close."

He appeared puzzled when she dodged any inquiries into her past, but to her relief didn't push the issue.

"There are a few, everyone is pretty much like family though. It's pretty tight-knit, even with how much we've grown over time."

Hearing Jax speak of the people in his life, Mia was reminded that aside from her best friend Lilly, she was very alone in the world. Though she tried to fool herself into believing it didn't bother her, she was always envious of those who had so many people that mattered in their lives.

Mia reeled in her unwanted emotions and let a graceful smile emerge from her lips. "You are very lucky. Being surrounded by loved ones is such an amazing thing."

After moving on to a more pleasant conversation, Mia felt like she could stay there forever. She couldn't put her finger on it, but she felt something she had never experienced before, some kind of calm being around him. The more they talked, and the longer she was in his presence, the more everything just felt... right.

As she kept trying to figure out what it was that was making her feel that way, Marie returned to the table.

"As adorable as you two look together, and I would love to let you stay here all night getting to know each other. It's about time for me to close this place up. Jeremy back there is getting cranky." Marie rolled her eyes with a small giggle at the cook's expense. The assessment she had made, though, caused Mia's cheeks to burn. As she tried to hide her embarrassment, Jax joined in on her quip at Jeremy.

Laughing jokingly as he spoke Jax responded, "Of course Ms. Marie, I'm sorry to keep you, I must have lost track of time."

"You should invite Mia to the winter festival tomorrow! It would be a great way for her to meet everyone." Marie glanced at Jax with a twinkle in her eye, and a smile like she knew something Mia didn't.

"That's a great idea." Jax agreed, then turned his attention back to Mia. "Would you like to come with me to the festival? It's always a good time, I think you would really enjoy it." The smile that played at the corners of his mouth was genuine. "And I'd love to spend more time with you."

The look in his eyes though was almost seductive as he confessed his intentions. The way they drew her in, there was no way she could say no.

Entranced by his gaze, Mia almost stumbled over her words. "I would love to." She answered relieved her voice didn't betray the bubbling excitement in her.

"It's a date then," He beamed a proud smile at her. "I'll walk you to your car so Ms. Marie can close up before Jeremy chases us out with the kitchen knives."

"You two be careful. It was wonderful to meet you, Mia. I look forward to seeing you more."

"You too Marie." Mia smiled back at the delightful woman, as she noticed Jax stand from his spot at the booth and made his way to her side. Extending his hand, he looked down at her with those golden-brown eyes, causing the butterflies to fly into a frenzy. Collecting her nerves, she grabbed Jax's hand, letting him help her to her feet. Looking back at Marie before they made their way to the door, Jax wished her a good night and then led Mia out of the diner.

"I must admit it is a very impressive car. You can't go wrong with a Camaro, it is a beautiful sight," he spoke the last words looking deep into Mia's eyes, as if not just speaking about the car. Held still by the look of lust he was giving her, Mia's body responded with a burning desire. An unfamiliar sensation grew between her thighs as she pictured him pushing her up against the car, taking her mouth into his.

Trying to push away the intrusive fantasy, she choked on her words as she spoke, feeling her voice betray her. "It's an amazing car, the black paint really shines." Crap, that sounded stupid. Her mind screamed at her, feeling flustered.

"It's not the only thing that shines." The power and desire in his words made Mia's head spin, the feel his energy as he moved just mere inches from her was overwhelming. Deciding it was best to get out of there before she did something foolish, she found the courage to resist the urge to shamelessly throw herself at him.

"I should probably get back to the cabin. I'm looking forward to tomorrow night."

"As am I, get some rest, I will pick you up at 5." The look of intent and the dominance he emitted had Mia practically melting in his hands. She would need to retreat to maintain her dignity. Thankfully Jax didn't push on any further and opened the door for her.

"I'll be waiting." Mia smiled before she got in the car.

"Good night, Mia." Jax returned her smile before closing her door. Mia fumbled to get the keys in the ignition feeling her heart race. Once the car fired up, she pulled out onto the road, trying to figure out what had just happened as she made her way to the cabin.

12