Striking the Heart of the Wolf Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mia

After getting changed and assuring Jo that she was fine, she listened to the doctor's advice about what to do if she has any side effects from the extended presence of drugs in her system, then goes to wait. It felt like an eternity before she hears something bust through the foyer of the compound, her feet move without thought. What she sees at the door freezes her in place. Their eyes meet as Jax registers the sight of Mia, and then collapses. As soon as he hits the ground Mia rushes to the floor next to him.

She yells at no one in particular. "Someone do something, he's hurt!" Mia looks down at his bruised and beaten body, fearing the worst. So caught up in her panic, she hadn't even noticed Jo had already knelt down next to her. After the doctor finishes her quick assessment, she calls out to the nearest pack members.

"Carry him to the infirmary... quickly."

Russ moves to lift him, "Not you Russ, you're too close."

Standing back Russ gives a displeased growl, but listens.

"Let's go, I don't want to waste any more time. Mia, I need you to stay here with Russ and Jonathan." She orders.

"No, I'm going with him, I already left him once!" She yells at Jo.

"Please Mia, you will only be in the way. I will fix him, I promise."

Lilly moves in front of Mia, pulling her in to a hug.

Coming up next to her, Russ places a hand on Mia's back. "Come on, let's go find some alcohol."

Mia nods as Lilly releases her, whipping her tear-stained face with her jacket sleeve. Without another word the doctor leaves to follow Jax and the pack members carrying him.

Russ speaks solemnly. "Jonathan, I think we are going to need the tequila."

Zoey and Lilly sit on either side of Mia as she stares into her drink, they wait. Not a word is spoken, Mia knows there's something huge Lilly has been keeping from her, but none of that matters right now, not while Jax is hurt. After what feels like hours Jo comes into the lounge area, causing everyone to stand abruptly.

"He'll be fine." There's a collective sigh of relief. "Once I stabilized him, his healing abilities took over. I expect a full recovery by tomorrow morning."

"Can we go see him?" Mia asks in haste.

"Of course, he's already asking for you." She responds with a knowing smile.

When Mia makes it to the infirmary and sees Jax, her tears start anew. Relief washes over her seeing him awake, her body is stuck in place, observing him in disbelief.

"Well, are you going to come kiss me, or do I have to get up and go over there?" Jax chuckles.

At the sound of his voice Mia runs to him, hugging his neck before lifting her face to kiss him, her worry gone and relax settling in.

Jax

Satisfied that Mia is safe in his arms, Jax begins to question her.

"Are you ok, did he hurt you?" He inquires. Observing her face more thoroughly, he notices the bruising on her cheek, and a small cut of her lip. As his eyes wander down to the angry red and purple that mar her delicate neck. Carefully he unzips the jacket she is wearing and sees cuts made from fingernails around her breasts.

Mia pulls away, trying to hide the marks on her chest. "I'm ok, promise."

"Please don't hide anything from me Mia, did he...?" Jax can't bring himself to say the words, Mia has already been hurt before, to have it happen again could destroy her.

"No. I swear." Jax could feel she was uneasy about something.

"Mia what is it, what aren't you telling me?" he gently brushes her cheek with his knuckle, giving her reassurance.

Tears begin to fall from Mia's bright green eyes, staining her bruised cheeks, her beautiful face painted with shame. "He said he was going to break me, to keep me as his after he killed you. But he told me pain wasn't the only way to break someone, that pleasure could be effective." She tries to look away, but Jax doesn't let her, sitting up and pulling her face lovingly to his. Resting his forehead against hers he meets her eyes with his own.

"It's ok Mia, nothing you say can make me feel any differently about you." With care he holds on to both sides of her head, kissing the tears away from her cheeks. When he feels her relax just a bit he leans back and nods for her to continue.

Visibly swallowing Mia continues, her voice quiet, laced with humiliation. "He used his fingers to make me cum. I tried not to. I fought to hold it in. Tried to swallow any noise. But it's like my body wasn't my own." Her voice rises as she begins to sob. "I'm so sorry Jax, I didn't want to. I couldn't make it stop."

Pulling her into a fierce hug, Jax smooths the hair over Mia's head, rocking her soothingly. "It's ok baby, I promise it's not your fault, I know."

Mia's chokes through her tears as she speaks. "You don't hate me?"

Planting a kiss on top of her head, Jax then pulls back to look into her eyes, willing her to see everything he feels for her in his own. "I could never hate you. You are everything Mia. You're the air I didn't know I was deprived of, the light I didn't realize I was missing. Everything before you feels meaningless. With you my life has purpose." Jax's mouth smashes onto hers pouring every emotion into her, desperate for her to feel the truth in his words. Pulling back just enough for her to breathe his air, he speaks into her lips. "I love you, Mia. And not even divine intervention can change that."

Jax can feel her smile on his lips before she nuzzles into his neck. Not wanting to let her go, he lays back, pulling her to his side and wraps his arms around her.

Mia

Based on the clock hanging on the wall, they've been laying like this for an hour, one arm beneath her as her head rests between his neck and shoulder. His other arm slung on top of her as she clings to his waist. Her mind racing as she replays everything that has happened over the last few days.

Jax nudges her head with his. "Tell me what thoughts are troubling your mind." Even when he's being gentle, he's still so damn commanding, it's both alluring and frustrating to Mia.

Knowing it's no use denying him she sighs. "He knew I was fae. He said he smelt it on my blood where we were attacked. Knew I don't have control over my powers. It's also partly why he wanted to keep me."

Jax plays with her hair lovingly, giving her reassurance. "I promise you we will find answers. Right now, I'm just glad you're safe." He kisses her head. "I'm sorry Mia, I feel like I let you down, again."

Mia looks up into his eyes with concern. "But you didn't let me down. I wasn't seriously injured, you came for me." As she rubs the stubble on his face, she continues. "Jax, there's always going to be the possibility of danger. You're a friggin' werewolf, and I'm a half fairy who doesn't even know what her powers are."

Jax returns her gaze, his look turning to pride. "Was that you? The roots?"

"Yeah... I mean I'm pretty sure," Jax continued to observe her as she was running through her thoughts. "I could feel them, move them, like they were my own arms." She shook her head in exasperation. "I don't know, does that sound crazy?"

Resting his head on hers, he tries to calm her anxiety. "No, I think it's amazing."

Mia nuzzles herself into him. "I love you so much Jax, I don't know what I would have done if you didn't come back to me." Her voice becomes hoarse with all the emotions that have run through her in the last few hours. Terror and fear. Relief then worry. Shame then love. It's overwhelming, but she's already cried too many tears to shed any more.

"I'm right here Mia, I'm not going anywhere." He plants a kiss on her head his love chasing away all her worst fears and nightmares.

Jax

From the passenger seat of Jax's Ford Mia fusses over him. Even though his body has already healed since he got to the compound yesterday Mia insists on him staying with her, saying she doesn't want to let him out of her sight. Jax's protests are just for show, as he feels the same way about her. Russ, Lilly, and Zoey were already at the cabin when they pull in. While Mia and Jax were stuck to each other at the hospital, it seems Russ and Lilly worked things out. Their presence here is not just some welcome home party though, Lilly has promised to finally answer all their questions.

Walking in the door Lilly rushes to hug Mia like it's her first time seeing her again, pulling her into to a bone crushing hug.

Mia has to choke her words out. "Lilly you're going to suffocate me, you just saw me last night."

Letting Mia go Lilly looks mildly embarrassed at her reaction. "I know I'm just still so happy you're ok. I was so worried."

Mia smiles at her best friend. "I know Lilly."

Zoey flies in next, wrapping her arms around Mia's neck. "I swear you are a magnet for danger. Thank you for coming back to us. To Jax especially, he looked like he was ready to explode at any given moment." She chuckles.

Stepping up next to Jax, Russ slaps him playfully on his back, eliciting a scowl from Mia. She still refuses to believe he's completely healed, the whole magical healing powers still a new concept for her. "Glad you're ok brother."

Shoving Russ by his shoulder Jax chuckles. "Me too, god forbid you get left in charge."

Pretending to be offended Russ gasps and brings his hand up to his chest. "Such little faith in your best friend and right-hand man."

There's a knock at the door and Jax watches Mia as she heads to answer it, revealing Marie's smiling face when she does. "Oh, my sweet girl!" she pulls Mia into a motherly hug. "You poor thing, barely over one incident and pulled right into another. I can't imagine how you're feeling." She releases her, looking her over and fussing as a mother would. Mia's bruising is almost completely gone, her healing not quiet as quick as Jax's, but Marie's face still scowls at the sight. "I'm tempted to use a resurrection spell to bring the asshole back and kill him myself."

Mia laughs at the sentiment. "It's ok Marie, I'm ok. Really. Jax told me what you did to help, thank you so much." Mia moves to the side, gesturing for Marie to enter. "Come in, please."

Mia Follows Marie into the house and they all take a seat in the living room.

"Is George coming?" Mia looks to Marie expectantly.

Marie shakes her head. "No, he had a family emergency out of town. I'll relay everything to him."

Jax speaks, no longer willing to wait any longer to find out what Lilly knows. "Ok Lilly, you promised us answers once we had Mia. Let's hear it."

Lilly nods. "So, we are all up to date on Mia being half fae and part Demi-God, as well as there being a prophecy in play?" Everyone nods. "Ok good. So, as I said before, Mia's mother went seeking protection for her daughter before she died. she knew that she would have to go up against what ever evil being is after Mia, and that she would die in hopes of at least weakening it till Mia was powerful enough to take it out herself."

"And she succeeded? I mean it hasn't come after me yet, so she must have done what she planned to do." Mia asks, eagerness filling her eyes. Jax squeezes her hand, wanting to be there to steady her.

"She did, your mother was strong Mia. She wasn't just a fairy. She was queen of the Fae before she fell in love with your real father." Lilly smiles. But it fades quickly as she presses on. "But just because it hasn't attacked in full force doesn't mean it hasn't been present in your life."

Mia's brows pull together as she considers Lilly's statement, but it doesn't take long for her to understand her friend's insinuation. Her voice is a whisper when she looks up to Lilly, not wanting to face the truth of it all. "Marco." Lilly nods confirming her suspicion.

"So why did no one kill the fucker!" Jax growls.

Never one to flinch at Jax's domineering presence and temper, Lilly responds calmly. "Marco may have been a horrible person, but in the eyes of the divine he was still an innocent bystander. This entity merely used him as a vessel to feed off of and toy with Mia. I knew he was hurting her, never to the extent he did though." She looks at Mia apologetically. "Even so, I couldn't interfere yet. All I could do was be there as support for you till the time came."

"Do you know about my powers, what I can do?" Lilly shakes her head and Mia sighs.

"I was given only enough information to get you through your trials, guide you when you did discover your purpose and powers, and protect you when the time came. Even with my life." She explains.

Jax scoffs, "So they sent her a guardian who has no real knowledge of her abilities."

"Prophesies and the way they work can be frustrating. The hero, for lack of a better word, is meant to find their own strength, their powers supposedly stronger as they discover them on their own." Lilly sighs again, looking slightly defeated. "You have to understand, the Norse do not have Fae in the sense that the Celtics do, and even with knowledge of demi-god's their powers are unpredictable at best. I'm only meant to guide her in her journey and be by her side when her and this evil come face to face."

Pulling Mia into him, he looks at Lilly with fierce determination. "You aren't the only one who will be there to protect her. Nothing else is going to hurt her if I can help it."

The smile on Lilly's face is genuine. "I believe that whole heartedly Jax. And for all we know that is how it's meant to be. Not many are privy to the actual wording of destiny. But something tells me you were always apart of hers. As well as everyone here."

"You bet your ass. Fuck what the prophecy says any way's." Zoey beams at Mia. "I got your back no matter what. We're family now." Mia smiles back at the honesty and determination in Zoey's voice.

"None of this actually explains the Norse's involvement. What is a Celtic's problem to theirs?" Jonathan chimes in.

"In case you forgot Mia is part demi-god, Roman to be exact. And I suspect something more. Which would make sense of why this thing is after her specifically." Lilly explains. A gloom expression washes over her face. "This is bigger than Celtic, Norse, Greek, Roman, and beyond. This entity has been causing issues for all of us for centuries. No one has ever been able to stop it or find it. It feeds off power, and Mia's could be infinite for all we know. If it gets a hold of her before she's ready there is no telling the damage that can be done."

"If I'm supposedly part god or whatever, why was I not strong enough to fight off Marco." Mia's face falls in shame.

"Girl, you know better, how many legends has your aunt preached to you. Your pseudo-fathers heritage is one of the reasons, besides being smitten with him, that she chose him to be with and help raise you." Lilly shakes her head, and chuckles to herself. "Almost every damn legend about demi-gods is the same old song, they must find their own strength to access their full potential." Lilly looks up to Mia with adoration in her eyes. "You can find your strength Mia, you just have to embrace your future, hell even your present, and let go of the past."

Mia nods but remains silent for a moment.

Pushing up from Jax, Mia's mood shifts as she stares at Lilly. Jax regards her with concern.

"Were you ever really my friend, or was I just an obligation?" The words stab at Jax's heart, Mia has been through so much suffering and betrayal, she can't see how fiercely Lilly loves her.

Rising from her seat, Lilly moves to Mia and lifts her up in a warm embrace. "I'm more than your friend Mia, I'm your sister. There's no one in this world I love more than you. I would die for you not just because I was sent here to protect you, but because you mean the world to me." She pulls back and looks into Mia's tear filled eyes, wiping a tear that falls down her cheek. "Don't you ever doubt that, do you hear me?"

Mia nods and hugs Lilly again before releasing her and returning to sit next to Jax.

Mia

When everyone is settled again Mia looks to Marie.

"So, have you heard anything back from Ireland?" Mia asks with hesitation.

"Nothing solid, one of my distant relatives sent me some ancient books on supernatural beings. There are some parts relating to the fae, if I can get it translated, we may have some answers. Ms. Emily has some knowledge with ancient text, she is working on it as we speak."

"Well, I know I can manipulate some nature, I suppose?" Mia looks puzzled as she searches for the right words. "Yesterday when Jax was fighting Malice, I was able to use the roots of the tree to help him."

"That's wonderful!" Marie responds. "George had suspicions you might have some connection to the earth, this confirms it. So that's one more ability we know of, next to being able to transport to what we assume is some sort of fairy realm."

"I haven't been able to go back, I've tried, especially when Malice was holding me captive. But nothing happens" Mia frowns at the memories of her failed attempts.

Marie tried to assure her. "That's ok dear, I'm sure the stronger you get the more control you will have over these things. Just be patient." She offers Mia a warm smile.

By the time Zoey and Marie leave it's afternoon and Mia prepares lunch for Jax, Lilly, and Russ.

"Ok, lets eat." Mia calls out.

Being an oddly warm day for this time of year in the mountains, they decide to have their lunch on the back patio. The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky, a clear view of the mountains, their peaks topped with snow. The scenery is like an omen of hope for what's to come.

"A girl could get used to this." Lilly admits with a calm sigh, before looking over at Russ with stars in her eyes.

Mia giggles at her friend, not used to seeing her so coy. Especially now that she knows what Lilly is. A warrior.

"I told you it was magnificent." Mia gushed.

"Well since everything is out in the open, I hope you know I was never planning on going anywhere." Lilly beams. "I don't want to intrude on you and Jax's time though, so Russ suggested I stay with him." A blush rises on her cheeks.

"So you two have kissed and made up?' Jax cocks an eyebrow at Lilly and Russ.

Russ shrugs. "I get why she couldn't say anything to us yet. And when I really think about it, the whole Norse warrior thing is really hot." Lilly bows her head, trying to hide her even redder cheeks.

Jax laughs and Mia can't help but giggle at them. "I think it's a wonderful idea Lilly, I wasn't quite ready for you to leave anyhow." Mia smiles at her friend, who is too busy playing googly eyes with Russ to notice.

Russ speaks, not taking his eyes off Lilly. "I was thinking you could come tonight, I think Jax and Mia could use some time with each other."

"I think that's a great idea." Lilly agrees. "Everything seems calm for the moment, plus I'm not too worried with Jax here."

"I guess it's settled then." Mia looks to Jax, a playful smile on her face as she runs her hand up his thigh.

After lunch, Mia helped Lilly pack some things for her to take to Russ'.

"Are you ok with this Mia, I can stay if you need me to." Lilly says with worry.

Mia offers her friend a genuine smile. "It's ok Lilly, go find your happiness. Russ is a really good guy. Just be careful, ok?"

"I will be. Pinky promise." Lilly holds out her pinky to Mia, to which she gleefully takes with her own, sealing their promise with a kiss to their connected hands.

When Lilly and Russ are out the door, Mia turns around to see Jax looking at her with desire burning in his eyes, and she is like a moth to a flame. Instantly Jax closes the gap, pulling Mia into his arms, smashing his lips onto hers as he claims her mouth. Responding immediately to his affections, his arms holding her to him, Mia moans into his kiss. Returning the sentiment, Mia feels Jax release an appreciative growl, one of intimate need and hunger. When Mia tries to pull away, Jax only pushes forward, gripping her ass tightly, silently warning her not to move.