All Comments on 'Summer of 1984'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Look at you doing a Happily Ever After!!!

I never ever read incest stories. Because I am a huge fan of yours and saw this on your page, I gave it a tentative shot. They are not related by blood. This is a gay love story!!!!! Yes!!!!! You've got to move categories for this to Gay. Your ratings will soar and fans lamenting no HEA after Lightening In A Bottle will smile. Just like me. Right now. Smiling. Happily. And I am one of the fans that wrote don't change your style. But, boy, can you do a HEA! Did I mention I am smiling?

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
Agredd

I submitted as Gay Male, and Literotica overruled me. I have appealed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pretty good.

This story was really pretty good. I'm a straight guy myself but I still found it great to read. You, sir, are quite a talented writer. Kudos.

mrsbearmrsbearover 8 years ago
Why isn't this story rated higher?!

Good story! It was perfect. I loved it better than the Kindergarten one. Five stars yet again, sir! I am obsessed with your stories, please please continue writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful story

A great story about love. I love John Mark's chest hair!

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 8 years agoAuthor
Rating

I am rationalizing that the rating comes from the category in which the editors placed it (I submitted it as Gay Male, not Incest/Taboo). I think it's not necessarily what visitors to Incest/Taboo are after.

raconteuseraconteuseover 8 years ago
Whatever the category...

...the writing is excellent, and the story is very fine indeed. As a story of personal discovery and transformation, this was moving and brilliantly told. you developed the characters beautifully revealing them to us through intimate, tender, and delightful moments. The story arc was well-paced and shaped. You're a most accomplished writer. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please, Literotica, Move This to Gay Male, Where it Belongs!

The two main characters are the products of parents who were not even related to each other, just adopted into the same family.

If they themselves had been adopted as young kids and raised as brothers, I guess I could see putting it in the "Incest" category, but that is not what is going on here. They are biologically unrelated and were raised as cousins.

Given that in many places in the world, including states here in the US, even biologically-related cousins can marry, how can this even be considered incest?

Btw, David, I absolutely adore all of your stories. You are my new favorite writer, and I am just so grateful for the speed with which you are producing these wonderful stories!

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 8 years ago
Another winner!

I have read most of your stories and loved them all. I think you are a very talented writer and appreciate your sharing. And the sex is always hot (which is the motivation for reading Literotica in the first place). Agree with the others that this story belongs in the Gay Male category. Keep up the great work please.

TimothyMTimothyMover 8 years ago

Well I can see LitE relented and finally put the story where it belonged in Gay Male. Hope this helps on the rating. I gave it a five anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing writer

After 25 years of marriage I now understand what true love is.

o2byoungo2byoungalmost 8 years ago
Like it was a true story

I really had the feeling like this was a true story, rather than fiction. Loved the HEA ending and glad they could marry. The ending was so bittersweet I had tears in my eyes. I would likely never have read this story if it hadn't been re-categorized as gay male as I normally do not read taboo or incest stories.

Now I am going to have to read more of your writings. Great job on this one.

amarlanamarlanalmost 8 years ago
Simply fantastic

I was spellbound and did not stopped reading to the end and said "I needed more."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

another great love storey

sikticisikticialmost 7 years ago
Summer of 1984

Wow - I have yet to read the rest of your stories, but the two I have read leads me to believe that you have mastered the gay love story. Indeed, your treatment of a possibly doomed relationship between cousins held tension, tenderness, and thoughtfulness. Plus the progression toward their happiness was developed with such clarity that I felt sated when they reached it. Well done, sir. I anticipate feeling just as sated when I read more of your work. Thank you for the momentary break from my reality.

Starfan3900Starfan3900about 6 years ago
Great!

I love your stories. You are a very talented writer. starfan3880@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
More of these!

I thoroughly enjoyed your story, it's nice to have a true Happy Ending.

furluvrcafurluvrcaover 2 years ago

This! This is what I love! Sexy and romantic and realistic. Thank you!

DV19DV19over 1 year ago

Another wonderful story. Thanks so much for posting them here on LIT.

I've about run out of your stories to read, Most I have re-read several times.. I hope you keep writing.

DV19

Sunnydaze361Sunnydaze3613 months ago

Thanks for another great story! I can’t wait to read more of your amazing work!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous