All Comments on 'Summer of '64'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Superb writing

I twas very clever tying in the 1969 moon landing and other pertinent historical events and both the dialog and story premise are both plausible and well written.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
one of the best

I was at the World Fair the next summer, 65. We met on a liner crossing from Southampton to New York. She was a few years older and shared her experience with my eagerness to learn. She was a caring teacher.

; D

gunmakergunmakerover 6 years ago

The beauty of history and using it to target an audience is it triggers their own memories to add to the story. It gets the reader to add his own experiences to the story without having to even know them. I really enjoy a well written story, even more when I can feel a connection.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 6 years ago
Peter was a lucky dog

All the guys in the office had a hard-on for Kathy, yet Peter got the goods when no one else did. Just goes to show that doing one favor returns another. How lucky can one kid get?

Great story. And yes, the summer of '64 was also great.

mitchawamitchawaabout 6 years ago
Interesting plot

A good history lesson of the World's Fair. An innovative twist on the usual office sex plot and the May/December plot. The office talk was well done, just the same as I remember when I first worked in a co-ed office. The internal and external dialogue was right on the money, The invitation to come up to her apartment made the conclusion easy to surmise. The sex scenes were typical of these kind of stories, but it was so well written that it doesn't matter. A great read. I plan to look at some of your other stories.

fras22fras22about 5 years ago
All Quite Possible - A Memory Indeed

A nicely written story, with a bit of historical memory making it seem realistic. Making me wish, a) I was that young again; b) it was offered to me; and c) I can expect equally good tales from this author. We'll have to see, won't we!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
3178 Followers
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...