Summer of '79

Story Info
Two weeks that changed my life.
7.4k words
4.64
50.3k
57
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rabbitman55
Rabbitman55
1,294 Followers

I grew up in Brooklyn, in a mostly Jewish neighborhood, growing up with my mother, father and brother, and also with a lot of my father's family nearby. We owned a row house with the garage at the bottom of a driveway, under the house, and it was attached to other houses on each side. It was a tight knit community, most of the families Reformed Jews. We didn't wear yarmulkes, most didn't observe the sabbath on Saturday, we went to temple pretty much on the holy days only or for family occasions. It was a close neighborhood, though. And my father and most of his brothers and sisters and their families all lived within a couple of blocks.

So let me introduce my family, at least those that matter here. I'm Rob, Robbie to my family, immediate and extended. My mom was Helen, dad was Marty and my younger brother was Alan. In the summer of '79 I was 18 and heading off to college. My father owned a small, very profitable newsstand in a busy office building in mid-town Manhattan. Highly profitable, but long hours. But he didn't have to work weekends at least. Mom was a homemaker most of my childhood (back when many families could survive on a single income). My cousins who lived in the neighborhood were all girls, and older than me, much older. Natalie and Karen were both married by the time I was 5, my cousin Susan by the time I was 10, and my cousin Cheryl by my 15th birthday. She was closest to my age, and she was 9 years older. This story is primarily about my cousin Cheryl.

A little background first. Natalie and Karen were very pretty women, and we were close in a family manner, but they were more than 20 years older than I am, so we didn't have a personal relationship. Susan was...well, Susan was frumpy. Nice enough, but a little odd, so I really didn't know her that well, but her husband Paul was a really nice guy. And then there was my cousin Cheryl.

Cheryl was, as we used to say in the 70s, a stone fox. She was about 5'3", brunette, short hair parted on the side, and had the most beautiful face. I slightly wide nose, full lips, and eyes that were almost almond shaped naturally, though not Asian, and widened to appear doe-eyed when surprised. And her body. Petite and curvy, with these amazing breasts, full and round. I have a picture of her at my Bar Mitzvah in a black, very low cut gown with spaghetti straps that showed an incredible amount of cleavage. She had a light blue boa around her shoulders which just made her even sexier. I shouldn't have looked at my cousin the way I did, but my hormones were kflowing, and objectively, she was a walking wet dream.

Cheryl and I saw a lot of each other. Her mom, my dad's older sister by 12 years, died when I was a baby and she was 10. Her father, a decent man, was a non-entity in a number of ways. He remarried a couple of years later, when Cheryl was 13, and her step mother was a real bitch to her. So Cheryl spent a lot of time at our house. My parents, being much younger than the rest of their generation of the family (my dad was the youngest of 6, and there was a 16 years spread oldest to youngest), were easy for Cheryl to talk to, especially my mom, who was 12 years younger than my dad. I know, a lot of numbers there, but I think everyone gets the idea.

So by the time I was noticing girls, about 11-12, Cheryl was about 20, and looking fabulous. We'd go to the beach, my family, and she'd join us, and the sight of her in a small bikini had me with an involuntary erection. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. And it wasn't just at the beach. Anywhere, any time, I would stare as much as I could. She'd catch me sometimes and I'd turn away quickly, but I knew she noticed. Then she got married when I was 15 and she and her husband, Mark, moved to New Jersey, and suddenly I rarely saw my favorite cousin and inspiration for jerking off to powerful orgasms.

A word or two now about my immediate family.

My parents were good people, tried to raise my brother and I to be good, honest men. I wasn't very athletic, though I played roller hockey and touch-tackle football. I liked baseball, but was terrible playing, even softball. And I hated basketball, very unusual in Brooklyn, even for white guys. One thing I was (and am), I was smart. I loved reading, devouring books on all sorts of subjects, but my favorite was science, specifically astronomy. I loved reading books about the universe and theories about its beginnings, and the mathematics behind it all didn't intimidate me. I was an almost straight A student and had a 1560 SATs score. I was off to University of Virginia at the end of August on a full scholarship. Everything was great at home. Almost.

My brother Alan was causing all sorts of problems. He had been this way since childhood. If there was a way to cause trouble, Alan always found it. He liked to light matches as a child. He bullied smaller children. He cheated in any game or sport he competed in. He got caught shoplifting small things on numerous occasions. He was disrespectful to almost everyone, including our parents. And now, this June, just a couple of weeks before my graduation, he'd gotten a girl from a "good" family, as we used to say, pregnant.

I was pissed at him. I tried over the years to be a good big brother to him, but Alan just didn't care. Now, instead of this being a great moment for my family, my graduating fourth in my class, national honor society and getting ready to move away to college, my parents were in a deep funk over my brother, his becoming a father at 17, and his prospects, or lack thereof, for his future. Marriage was not going to happen, thankfully. But he was going to be expected to help raise and support his child, and he really wasn't interested. He really didn't care.

Even more infuriating for me, on a personal level, was the fact that my brother, younger by almost 2 years, was obviously not a virgin, but I was. I dated some, had had a serious girlfriend for a few months the previous year, but I hadn't popped my cherry. I could have. A couple of friends who had been getting laid for a while offered to fix me up with their girlfriends not selective friends, but I really wanted it to be special, not just a fuck with a stranger. My sensitive side was running, and ruining, my sex life.

I talked to Alan one Saturday afternoon. "Alan, talk to me, please? What's going on with you? Why can't you get your shit together? You know you're breaking mom and dad's hearts. More important, you're ruining you future."

"What do you give a shit, Robbie? You're leaving in a couple of months. Mom and dad's perfect boy. Straight A student, never been in trouble, never rock the boat. Have you ever gotten drunk, high, anything?"

"Yeah. I've had beers with my friends. I'm 18, nothing wrong with it."

"What about when you were underage? Did you ever break the rules?"

I was silent. I had a couple of beers one night a week before I turned 18, but that was it. I never smoked a joint, and certainly nothing like coke or anything.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. Goody fucking two shoes. Never even smoked a cigarette, let alone a joint, right? Probably still a fucking virgin, too."

He was taunting me, and it was working. I stormed out of his room. He was right, I always followed the rules. I couldn't help it, that's just who I was. We couldn't be more different as people. I couldn't help him, and he couldn't hear me.

I had planned to spend the summer working in dad's store, let him get a bit of a break. A couple of days before graduation, my parents gave me my gift, an electric typewriter. Some of you might not know what that is anymore, but they were a big deal for a soon to be college student who would be writing papers constantly. It wasn't a car, but it was something I definitely needed.

"Robbie, we need to tell you something" my mom said.

"Ok, mom, dad. What's up?"

"Alan is going to join the Navy in August. It was his idea. Your father and I are not happy about it, and we could stop him for a year, until he turns 18. But he'll just resent us more than he already does, the next year will be hellish, and we'll be at each others throats. He says if we allow him to go, he'll arrange for most of his pay to be used as child support. I don't know, maybe the Navy will straighten him out."

"Mom, that rarely works out. I think he's just going to get worse there, he'll find the guys who get into trouble like he does here at home. If he does, the Navy will crack down on him, hard. Don't let him do this. Dad? What about you?"

"Robbie, I don't know what to do with him, I really don't. I think if he stays here he'll get into real trouble. Or trouble will find him. I'm with your mother. I don't see any good options. Maybe the discipline will make him grow up. Maybe he'll find a career there. I'm scared we'll lose him completely if he stays."

Mom then said "So we're going to spend the last two weeks of July with him, get al much time together as we can. Your dad is going to take those two weeks off to be here as well. We'll even go away for a few days. Try to rebuild a relationship with him before he goes. As for you, honey, you're not going to work in the store. Dad's employees will work the hours, do the ordering and the deposits. Jamal and Christine have worked for us for years; we can trust them. We want you to enjoy your summer as much as possible. And the weeks we spend with Alan, you're going to spend with your cousin, Cheryl. We spoke to her and she's looking forward to having you there. She's been kind of lonely since Mark left last year, and I think the company will do her good as well."

I was shocked, the whole situation was beyond my belief. Alan joining the Navy, spending the time with my parents, and I was being shipped off to live with my cousin for 2 weeks. I didn't mind the idea of being around Cheryl for 2 weeks; actually, the thought was exciting. The whole circumstance, though, was disturbing. I wasn't close at all with Alan, but he was my brother and I did love him. It felt like we were giving up on him. Nothing I could do about it. I was looking forward to making money from working at the store, but my parents said they'd pay me what I would have earned; I just would do some extra work around the house. After going to Cheryls', I'd come home for a couple of weeks before heading off to Virginia. Whatever. I just hoped for the best for Alan.

And I'd get to spend two weeks with my gorgeous cousin, the object of so many prolific emissions over my early masturbatory fantasies. I only saw her a couple of times a year at family functions the last 3 years. I missed her a lot, and I felt bad for her when her marriage failed after just 2 years. Seeing her was going to be the only highlight of the summer.

So I spent a couple of weeks cleaning out my parents basement, painting the living and dining rooms, a couple of other less than fun things, as well as seeing my friends as much as possible and trying to get laid by a girl I at least cared somewhat about, but it just wasn't working out. It looked like I'd be heading off to college a virgin.

Finally July 13 came and I threw my bags into the back of moms car, which I was borrowing while at Cheryl's. My folks were taking Alan to Cape Cod for a week and they'd be home for a week.

I gave mom and dad a hug and kiss, even tried to do the same with Alan, but he just stuck out his hand and gave me a quick shake. We just couldn't connect. I'd see him for a few days before he went to enlist. Maybe we could be brothers for those few days.

I'd been to Cheryls' house a couple of times, but it was easy enough to find, just a few minutes from the beaches of the Jersey Shore. I got there by 11, and when I pulled into the driveway, she bounded out of the house; she'd obviously been waiting for me.

"Robbie!" she called out loud as I got out of the car and she hugged me like we hadn't seen each other in years. It sure felt like it had been that long. And my god, she looked as good as ever. She wore her hair the same way, short cut parted on the left side. The same beautiful face. The same curvy body. She was wearing Daisy Duke shorts, a white linen poncho top and wedge sandals on her sleek legs. Light makeup. Every sexy thought I'd ever had about her came rushing back in the 5 seconds we were locked in a hug.

"Cheryl! Thanks for having me, really. You look great! I wish we haven't been apart for so long!"

"You look pretty fantastic yourself! My little cousin has grown up into a man! I've missed you so much!" and she hugged me again. She felt so good against my body, breasts pressed against me, her head in my face. so I could smell her soft hair. She was as beautiful as I remembered.

"Come on inside and we'll put your bags in your room, and you can tell me what exactly is going on at home. Your mom was pretty cryptic on the phone."

I got my bags in the room Cheryl set up for me, just down the hall from hers. We went back downstairs, Cheryl got us a couple of Cokes, and we sat down to talk.

If you can't guess, it's Alan, for a change. He got a girl pregnant this time, and the shit's hit the fan. The girl comes from a prominent family, and they're furious. Alan's big plan to change his life? Joining the Navy! And mom and dad are going along because they don't know what else to do. He goes in about 3 weeks, just before I leave for school, so they're trying to spend some quality time with him before he goes for god knows how long. So they pawned me off on you, cousin."

"'Pawned you off'? That sounds like a punishment for me, and believe me, seeing you is no punishment, Robbie. It's my pleasure. But that's some shit going on at home. I don't know what's with your brother, but your parents must be besides themselves. So he's going to be a father. An absentee father. The Navy is supposed to get his act together? Color me skeptical."

"Me too" I said. "I just think he'll fall in with the wrong crowd like he does at home. But maybe we're wrong. So tell me, what happened with you and Mark?"

"Nothing major. We were a mistake from the beginning. We just expected different things. He wanted children right away, and I wanted to wait a few years, at least. So we fought. Constantly. We just eventually realized this wasn't working out. So I got the house and a nice settlement, he didn't contest it. We do love each other, but we can't be together. In six months I'll have my license for radiology tech. That's all of it. You, you're going to UVA! That's so exciting! Do you know what you want to study?"

"Physics and astronomy. Hopefully I'll get a doctorate some day."

"You're so damn smart! My cousin the genius! I'm so proud of you. You know" she said quietly, as if we were hiding our thoughts from someone, "you've always been my favorite cousin. You've always been so much older than your years. More mature."

"You're my favorite too, Cheryl. I'm really looking forward to these two weeks."

"So, you feel like going to the beach? It's a town beach, so it's not crowded, I've already got my bathing suit on under here. Go get changed. When we get home, I can make a nice dinner. Come on, get going!"

The thought of seeing Cheryl in a bathing suit was getting my blood boiling. It had been a few years since I last saw her body like that, but I could tell she still looked great. I got out my swimsuit, medium length blue trunks, and I tried to think of the Yankees while I changed so my cock would go down a bit. I went back down, and Cheryl had packed some snacks and some cold drinks in a small cooler.

When we got to the beach, we found a fairly quiet spot, spread out a blanket and she got out of her shorts and poncho. She was as sexy as ever. She wore a solid white string bikini, leaving little for me to imagine. Cheryl's boobs were big and round as I remembered, and the bottom fit over her pussy snugly. And those legs... not all that long, but slender and toned. My cousin was still a goddess.

We laid in the sun, we swam, and sunned ourselves again. the sun was strong, and after a couple of hours we headed home, where we took showers and dressed casually for dinner. We worked in the kitchen together, making grilled shrimps and salad with baked potatoes. Simple and delicious.

Cheryl opened a bottle of wine for dinner, and we took the bottle and our glasses into her living room after we cleaned up from dinner.

We talked for a while, family stuff mostly. After a while, there was a long pause. Cheryl was smiling at me, a soft, very sexy smile. I don't even think she was aware of how she appeared to me. Then she said, "Robbie, do you mind if I asked you something?"

"I guess not" I said with a tremor in my voice. I could tell this wasn't going to be a standard family type question.

"When did you start finding me so attractive?"

I was not expecting this. "Wh-what, what do you mean, Cheryl?"

"Come on, Robbie. Or maybe I should call you Rob now, since you're not a kid any more. I noticed you dozens of times over the years checking me out. Dozens. And those were just the times I noticed. When did you start looking at me as someone other than your cousin?"

I couldn't lie to her; she knew what she saw and there was no point denying it. "Probably just before my Bar Mitzvah. I've always thought you're gorgeous. But I think it got bad the night of my Bar Mitzvah. Do you remember what you wore?"

Her smile widened and she leaned back on the couch and crossed her luscious legs right in front of me. "Black form hugging gown, spaghetti straps, very low cut and I think a blue boa. Clearly you remember."

"Of course I remember. You were just gorgeous that night. I mean, I always thought you were beautiful, but that night, you were the most beautiful wman I'd ever seen. I know, I was all of 13 years old then. But that's an age where a boy notices every beautiful woman he comes across. Even if she's his cousin." I paused, a little embarrassed by my words. Cheryl was smiling sweetly at me. "Even if I didn't remember, your pictures are in the album from the party. I think after that night...shit, Cheryl, I can't tell you.

"Oh no you don't. You can't say that to me after starting that sentence. Either tell me or I'm going to get it out of you. Or I'll guess it!" she said with a sensual conviction.

Shit. "After that night, I, um, well...I masturbated...thinking of...you. Often."

Cheryl turned a bit redder than her sun darkened complexion. "Did you really, Rob? That's actually kind of flattering."

Did I just hear that right? My cousin, the center of my masturbatory fantasies for years, was flattered that I jerked off thinking of her?

"In fact, Rob, it's actually kind of hot. Actually, it's very hot. It gets me hot, in case you can't tell."

I could see her nipples poking out in her t-shirt, without a bra on underneath. I knew that was a sign of a woman's arousal. The thought that she was turned on did the same for me. My cock was thick and firm in my sweat shorts. I tried to hide it by crossing my legs, but Cheryl picked that up right away.

"Are you hot too, Rob? Are you hard? For me?" she asked with honey dripping from her voice.

"Yes" I croaked. It was all I could get out.

"Would you like to show me, cousin? You show me yours and I'll show you mine."

Now I was really flustered. Not only was she my cousin, the girl of my wildest dreams, but I still was almost pure. I'd only had a couple of hand jobs and felt a few tits. Never touched a pussy, never got a blowjob and never, ever got to fuck. And my cousin, my beautiful, sexy, hot as balls cousin was asking me to show her my cock and balls, and she was offering to show me her...her what? Her tits? Or her pussy? Maybe both? I knew the whole idea was terribly wrong, but that part of my brain, the part that makes up my moral center, was being stifled but the part that was saying Fuck Yes!

Rabbitman55
Rabbitman55
1,294 Followers
12