Summer Spirit

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His fingers played with the nape of her neck and his mouth took her nipple again. It was no use, just that tiny bit of stimulation was all it took for her to crash again. She slid down, lying against his body, panting and recovering herself. He looked down at her with his gorgeous blue eyes and smiled a hundred watt smile.

"Need some time to recover?" he asked as he stroked her hair.

"Not a chance," she challenged, "are you prepared?" She couldn't believe she was asking the question, but hell, it was now or never! He reached over to his nightstand drawer and pulled out a metallic package, handing it to her with a question in his eye.

"I want you, Marc." She said those words as she used her teeth to rip open the package and take out the condom. She loved her baby more than anything, and while she dreamed of having even more children, this was about pleasure not about planning. He took the condom from her and quickly rolled it down over his erection.

"Devin, are you sure?" Such a considerate guy, her long lost love interest. Even in the throes of passion he worried for her. His concern touched her deeply and aroused her even further. She straddled his thighs, rubbing her wetness against his stomach. His hands squeezed her butt, lifting her above him.

"God, I want you too Devin. More than you could possibly know. I've wanted you for years."

"Marc, enough talk," she growled out as she lowered herself onto his thickness.

***

He'd dreamed of the moment her wetness would claim him, but he never imagined this. She truly was like a damn siren, rising over him, conquering him, mastering him. He lay helpless beneath her. She slid onto his tip and then off of it, back onto it, taking him deeper within. The lower half of her body gyrated in little circles. He gripped her thighs trying to hold her in place, but she danced away, almost out of reach. When he was ready to thrust upward, she pushed back down, making it near impossible. He grumbled in frustration. Her eyelids were half closed in lust and her lips were bowed up in an almost cynical little smile. Her nails scraped down his chest, leaving pink marks.

"Devin, what are you doing?" he cried out. She bent her body down and bit his shoulder. Then breathed hot air into his ear, sucking it, licking at his neck. Her touch and lips were everywhere. She straightened up, slowed the pace and rocked back and forth.

Her body was arched up and he grabbed a handfuls of breast. Shocked, he heard deep growling sounds coming from her throat. She rode him fast and hard, her warmth pulsating around his hardness. He held her hips and locked down on her, riding with her. She was lost in the ecstasy.

"Devin, slow down. Please," his strained voice begged. He was alarmed by the sudden change in her. But she either didn't hear, or didn't care as she reached behind her and down and rubbed at his balls, squeezing. He moaned loudly and shook his head.

"Devin, you have to slow down otherwise I'm not going to last. It's been a long time," he reminded her.

"I don't care. Give me what you have. Come on, Marc. I want it. All of it," she demanded rather loudly. "It's been so long. You know you've missed me. Say it. Say how much you've missed me. I love you, lover. This is OUR time of forever." Her voice became throaty, deeper than his Devin. She sunk her teeth into his shoulder.

"Just let me pull out." Panic punched into him like a fist at the familiar words.

"No. It's safe. Condom, pill, enough said." She pounded and screamed as another climax overtook her.

"Mmm. Wow Marc, that feels so um, good! I've missed this. I've missed you. Be my lover again." She squeezed him hard, almost to the point of pain.

He held on to her and released. Her muscles clenched, milking him, demanding more. He struggled to lift her off. She was still thrashing around when he lay on top of her body, kissing her lips gently, murmuring her name. She turned her head, sweat dripping from her face, her hair plastered to her head and said one word.

"More."

Marc swept his hand down her thigh and back up. He cupped her cheek and gazed down into her eyes, lovingly. They were a forest green. He stood up and walked over to his dresser, no longer in control. Taking out a few fat pillar candles, he lit them and set the candles on the dresser and nightstand. He flicked off the lights and returned to her.

"You're stunning," he whispered, admiring the way the candlelight played against her golden skin.

"I've always wondered what you'd look like with candlelight flickering in your red hair and on your alabaster skin," he smiled softly. She was so beautiful.

"Baby, I've never been pale and you know it. Red dye doesn't hold in my dark hair," she responded. His fair-haired, fair-skinned summer love morphed into the golden skinned, raven-haired enchantress of his dreams. The flames of one of the candles steadily rose, candle wax spilling over the edge. They both watched the flame dance, mesmerized.

"Why is it doing that?" Devin's question snapped Marcus out of whatever spell he had been under. He squinted as he gripped the woman tightly to him, willing the apparition to stay. He had so many questions! Her image slipped from his mind as she slipped from his grasp. Devin wore a look of confusion and he couldn't help the curse bubbling out of him or the momentary disappointment. He knew it wasn't fair. But, losing Danae so young, so soon wasn't fair either.

Get a grip, Marc! He admonished himself.

***

There was no breeze and yet the flame acted like there was. Devin felt the hairs on the back of her neck rise and shivered. Marcus climbed into the bed and drew the covers up over them. She snuggled into him.

"Not sure." Shuddering, he blinked at her and for some reason she didn't quite believe him. "Do you want me to blow it out?"

"No. It's pretty. Why am I so cold?" She shivered again. Marcus shrugged.

"I'll warm you up."

A ping sounded in the silent room and Devin leaned over the edge of the bed to see what had fallen. It was the sand dollar locket. Odd, she thought. Odd too what had come over her. While she had enjoyed herself, she'd never before been so assertive, nearing aggression. Did she seriously bite him? She lifted his hair and saw the teeth marks and winced, seeing the evidence.

"Marc, I have no idea why I did that." She waited expectantly for a response from him. But he was strangely silent. "Marc, did that upset you? I don't know what came over me. I mean, it's not like I've never been on top before. But I've never gone that wild. It's like I wasn't myself. I was, but I mean, it was like I was watching myself. That must sound crazy. I'm losing it." She sat up and pulled her knees to her chest.

He sat opposite her, his legs on the ground as if ready to walk away. He stood.

"Devin. There's something you need to know. My ex, my deceased-almost-fiance," he took a gulp of air and tried again.

"Danae?"

"Yes, Danae. Devin, she's been trying to contact me. I'm not sure if you believe in that or not but it's true."

"What do you mean?" Devin felt the dream slipping away. The other shoe was about to drop. She just knew it. Was her fantasy of this man just that? Was he really just a grieving man, unbalanced and missing a girlfriend, no, almost-fiance that none could replace?

"I mean she has been leaving signs that she's around. The locket. When you found the locket, I had been talking to her and asking for a sign from her. Then just now. When we were making love, you said some words that seemed familiar. They seemed very Danae-like." He moved away and stood up to pace the room.

"What are you saying, Marc? You're kinda scaring me right now." She felt ill. "Are you telling me that your dead girlfriend was here, watching us make love, possibly influencing us?" She scoffed at it and pulled the blankets around her in a protective cocoon, shaking her head.

"I don't believe it. I can't believe that you would do this to me." She felt tears starting. He came back to her and put his hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look at him.

"Devin, listen to me. It's not like she possessed you, just I guess made some suggestions. I don't know how to explain it. Her anniversary is coming up," he said quietly.

"Don't. Don't hurt me again. Not now. Not ever." She scampered off the bed and walked over to the door, her hand on the knob, poised to flee.

"Were you thinking about her as we made love? Did you see her face? God! Why am I asking you that?" Her hand went cold and she let go of the knob, blowing warm breath into it. It was like ice. Electricity seemed to crackle in the air and she stared at a form taking shape in the middle of the room. She stepped back until she was against the door with nowhere to turn.

"Dammit, not now!" Marc bellowed. "Danae, leave us alone." But the apparition materialized; the heart-wrenchingly beautiful, sad apparition of the woman from the locket, appeared.

"Marc." her melodious voice whispered. She turned to Devin and pinned her with her green stare.

"We make a good team," she smiled.

"That was fun. Thank you!" As if this were the most natural conversation in the world. "I like you Devin. I know Marc likes you too," the spirit said.

"Why?" Marc asked with pain in his eyes. The young woman turned to him.

"Because I miss you, baby. Because I knew this was my chance to feel your arms and feel your body one last time. You can't blame a girl for yearning, can you?" She turned back to Devin, imploring her with those jade eyes.

"I'm sorry. That wasn't very fair of me to take advantage without asking your permission. I'm sure I will get in trouble for that. But it was so worth it and you can't say you weren't willing. Look at him." She looked over at Marc fondly.

Devin's heart melted a little at the love in the spirit's eyes and her heart also wept, knowing that she was blocked from that love.

"How long?" Marc's questions were short.

"Only for the moment of truth," she smiled sadly. "I had hoped you weren't prepared and that she wasn't playing it safe. We'd all three have made a beautiful baby together." She sighed wistfully.

"How is my baby? Does she ever tell you that I sing her to sleep every night?"

"Dad says Kyla has a very active imagination. But I know the truth. Yes, she tells me sometimes she sees you. But what happens when you can't always be here with her, with me?" Marc questioned.

"Then you keep my memory alive for her. I won't be bothering you two any longer. It is time for me to go. I've done my part. Now you both have to do your part." She said enigmatically.

"Devin, your little Shaylee is a beautiful baby and very special. Make sure you nurture that as she grows up. She will need you to believe her."

Devin just nodded and blinked blankly at the spirit.

"Kyla can help her too. They need each other as much as you two need each other." Danae drifted over to Marc.

"I love you," she kissed his cheek and it tingled where she touched him. Then she faded away, leaving both of them with questions and Devin weak in the knees. Sensing the impending collapse, Marc caught Devin as she fainted.

***

Sunlight slanted through the window and Devin groaned, throwing her arms over her eyes to block out the light. Her head hurt her, her body was sore in places she'd forgotten about, and she'd had the oddest dream ever.

She turned over to bury her face in the pillow and started, feeling a warm limb against her leg. Marcus' body was spread across the bed. He was lying on his stomach with his head turned to the side looking at her.

"Good morning."

"Hi," she replied. "Please tell me what I remember was a whacked out dream and not real."

"You passed out. I'm sorry to say it was quite real. But she is gone now. I'll understand if you want to go back to the inn. I'll understand if you don't ever want to see me again. It will hurt and I will forever hate myself, but I will understand." He was leaving the decision in her hands.

"Does your uncle still have his boat?"

The question caught him totally off guard.

"No. My uncle doesn't, but he handed it down to me. I own his boat now. Why?" He looked at her curiously.

"I feel like taking a boat ride." She got up as if nothing had happened and walked into his bathroom.

Devin perused his selection of bath toiletries. There wasn't much to choose from, his masculine stuff, or his daughter's fun berry kid combo. She settled on his three-in-one-manly-scented shampoo/conditioner/soap combo. So what if she smelled like him? She breathed deep and smiled. She loved the way he smelled! After the quick shower she stepped out and looked around. Not much of a choice in the towel department either. A hooded bunny rabbit or a beat up brown towel with green grass stains. She didn't want to even think about what that was from. Luckily, she didn't have to. She spotted his robe and wrapped that around her instead and walked out.

***

As Marc watched her retreating back, he realized she probably needed time to process. When he heard her turn on the shower, he debated going in there with her. But instead puttered around the kitchen preparing a picnic lunch for them, adding extra tomatoes and mayo to her sandwich and cutting off the crust. He shook his head and grinned to himself. He loved her little quirks. He hoped she still liked to eat it that way. Then he grabbed some fresh fruit, rummaged around for a wooden board. Placed crackers and cheese on the board and topped the picnic off with a bottle of wine. He also grabbed a few bottles of spring water in case she preferred that. He heard sweet singing coming from his bathroom and his heart lightened.

She was swimming in his terry cloth bath-robe, looking so cute and cuddly. Her skin was freshly pink and she looked relaxed. He came up and wrapped his arms around her, kissing the tip of her nose, rubbing up and down her arms.

"You look relaxed."

"I feel good." She replied. He could tell she genuinely did.

"Good. I'm gonna hop in and take a quick one myself. Then we can get going. I made lunch already." He leaned forward and kissed her. "You smell suspiciously familiar." She wore his scent better.

"I didn't know I'd be staying overnight, otherwise I would have brought my own things," she said sheepishly.

"I smell good on you." He winked and stroked her hair and then hopped into the shower. He took a quick shower and shaved.

***

Devin was still trying to process everything. She should be running scared. Logic demanded that of her. Ghost or no ghost, it was obvious that there was unfinished business that Marc had to attend to. She felt slightly violated by what had happened and that made her uncomfortable.

But at the same time, she had to admit, at least to herself, that she enjoyed that extra bit of power Danae had lent her. It woke her up and made her feel alive inside. This could not work, would not work, she told herself as she reached into her oversized pursed and pulled out the back-up, two-piece suit she kept in there for emergencies. She wasn't ready for something this big in her life, not after just escaping from a sham of a marriage and a loser-extraordinaire who filled her life with lies and toxicity. She quickly put the suit on and took a quick look in the mirror.

Marc walked out of the bathroom, his towel slung low on his hips. She was scrutinizing herself in the mirror when he walked up behind her and peered over her shoulder.

"I love what I see," he declared, spinning her around and holding her against him. She wore a lavender and plum bathing-suit tank, with a lavender skirt bottom. Her hair was still wet and she had tried to tie it back, but little tendrils of red had escaped to flirt against her face. He captured a curl and rubbed it between his fingers. "No more bird poop."

"No. Thank God!" she agreed, laughing with him.

"Shall we?" he asked, grabbing the picnic basket and opening the door for her.

***

Devin sat on the leather seat of the boat as she did many years ago. Marcus handed her a life vest, but she declined. "I'm okay. Just leave it within reach," she added.

He nodded and got his gear ready. Then went to work un-mooring the boat from the dock. She stood up and offered to guide him, which he appreciated. It was a large boat.

"So are we going to go super-sonic fast again?" she quipped.

"I don't know. Do you have a need for speed?" he turned to ask her.

She thought about it for a moment, remembering the exhilarating feel of the motor humming beneath her and the wind driving through her hair. It was an adventure she would never forget.

"Maybe for awhile. No rockets though," she decided.

"No rockets," he agreed, "that's for later," he said under his breath.

"What's that?"

"Oh, nothing." He flashed her an innocent smile. "Sit back."

"At least I don't have to worry about my hair tangling this time." Her words were lost as he revved the engine and they lurched forward. Her body was flung back by the force and she held onto the seat. The spray felt great against her skin and she knew the salt would do her face good.

It was early in the morning and no one but a few fisherman were out. They had the Bay to themselves.

After about twenty minutes of speed, Marc downshifted the throttle and slowed the boat to a purr. He skirted the boat around some rocks jutting out. They both looked up into the sky and saw an osprey flying overhead.

"There's your osprey," Marc said, pointing.

"Our osprey," Devin countered.

"Just like old times."

The boat was heading for a tiny island. She recognized the island from the park she used to spend so much time at, daydreaming and writing. She knew there were a few such islands in the Bay, but didn't know that you could get to them by boat.

"We'll have to jump into the water to get to the island. I don't want to get too close and run the risk of beaching the boat. The water isn't deep." He picked up the picnic basket and held it over his head, then took her hand. "Let me drop this off and then I'll come back for you."

"Give me the stuff instead and I'll hand it down to you. I'd hate to have a soggy lunch," she said.

"Good idea." He gave her the basket and jumped overboard. She crossed her fingers as she tossed it down and watched him catch it.

"Whew!" She breathed a sigh of relief, picturing their lunch destroyed and how mean she might have gotten. Then she jumped over the edge herself, not waiting for him. He turned at the splash and watched her wade up behind him and onto the small beach. She opened the picnic basket and took out the blanket on top, spreading it for them. She secured it with the bottles of spring water, then she lay the food out for them.

"You've thought of everything," she said, impressed. He was gathering driftwood in his arms, going to work to build a fire. "Is that allowed here?"

"Not sure. I guess we'll find out," his eyes glinted mischievously.

"Is it really necessary? I mean it's hot out and in it's morning."

He rustled through the contents of the picnic basket, bringing out a box of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows, and a chocolate bar.

"It is if we want to make S'mores." He grinned like a little boy.

"Oh well, I suppose it is. But it's rather early in the morning for dessert," she regretted the words as they were coming out.

"Anytime is dessert time." His voice thickened as he tumbled her back onto the blankets. She yelped when she landed on something sharp. She removed the S'mores making sticks from behind her back and handed them to him.

"That's why I brought lunch too. I knew you'd have an argument about dessert first."

"But Marcus, it's more like breakfast time," she hemmed and hawed.

"Brunch," he laughed at her stern look.