Surprise Wife: The Return

Story Info
Is death really the end, or just the beginning?
10.8k words
4.47
81k
89
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Surprise Wife: The Return

The following is a sequel to comanchee's 2016 story,"Surprise Wife," about a wife who was drugged and had sex with another man on her anniversary. The entire eight-part story is worth reading if you want to fully understand what takes place here. The story ends tragically, with the husband getting shot as he fights the man who drugged both him and his wife.

I've read the entire eight-part story more than a couple times and while I enjoyed it, I felt that it needed just one more chapter to provide some closure and a measure of justice. That's not a criticism by any means, just an observation.

There is one part of this story that is a recollection from Chapter 7 of comanchee's original tale. That part is presented here in italics, with the author's permission.

I would like to thank comanchee for graciously giving me permission to write this sequel, and I would like to thank all those who have offered comments and constructive criticism on my previous stories. For those who want to say this or that would never happen, remember this is my universe, a place where nearly anything can, and often does, happen. At least on paper...

Please refer to my profile for more on my personal policy regarding comments, feedback, follows, etc. (Yes, I DO moderate comments) And please remember, this is a work of fiction, not a docu-drama...

* * * * *

"Death is only the beginning."

For some reason that old movie quote went through my head as I took in the scene below me. Just minutes ago, I had been shot by Jason Kravits, a man I once thought was a friend. I had just come home and found him screwing my wife in our bed. We fought, and he ended up shooting me with my own pistol.

The paramedics were preparing to take my body and several police officers were already talking to my hysterical, sobbing wife. I felt bad for her and would've cried, but I couldn't.

I suddenly felt like I was being sucked into some kind of giant cosmic vacuum cleaner. The next thing I knew, I found myself standing in the middle of a dusty road. The sun shone bright over my head in a deep blue sky devoid of clouds. I looked around and saw a few buildings on either side of the street.

The place looked like something out of an old Clint Eastwood western movie. This wasn't exactly what I had expected to encounter. Where was the giant pearly gates I had heard about? Or the lines of angels picking on their harps?

Across from me stood an old western-style saloon. The double doors swung out and I saw a tall man standing there, wearing a red shirt and a beat-up Stetson. He wore a pair of old pistols on his hips and I could hear spurs jingle as he stepped onto the boardwalk.

"Well if it ain't James Earl Smith. Yer a bit early," he said. He got my name right, but how? And what did he mean I was early? Early for what?

"Early?" I asked.

"You weren't s'posed to be here for quite a while yet," he told me. Then I remembered what I heard the paramedic say.

"Is this... heaven?" I asked, looking around. He laughed and shook his head.

"Not by a long shot, pardner," he said. "And no, it ain't the other place, neither." I felt relief at that. "This here's a little slice of reality I call Hard Rock, Texas, circa 1855. Used to live here back before the war. Actually, I lived about seven miles or so out that way," he added, pointing a finger. "They actually made the place a historic landmark. Can you believe that? You ever get a chance, you oughta go see it. They did a pretty good job on it." He looked up at the hot sun, one hand shading his eyes, then looked back at me.

"War?" I asked. "What war?"

"Why, the war between the States, of course," he said. I looked at him, shocked. That was well over 150 years ago. Then it hit me. I had heard stories about people who had "near-death experiences." Maybe that's what was going on with me.

"Why don't you get out of this hot sun, come inside and wet yer whistle," he said, motioning for me to join him. What the hell, I thought before asking myself if it was okay to think that here. I walked across the street and up the stairs. He waited for me patiently and let me walk inside first. I noticed that it was considerably cooler in here than outside. He led me to the bar where we both took a seat.

"Name's Peace," he said, extending a hand. "Justice O. Peace. Mah friends call me Eli."

"Can I call you Eli?" I asked. He smiled and looked me over before answering.

"Reckon so," he said. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and took one in his mouth. "Mind if I... smoke?" I shook my head.

"Not at all," I said. He pulled out a match and scraped it across his jeans. He lit his cigarette and offered me one.

"I don't smoke," I said. "Not anymore."

"Go ahead," he chided. "What's the worst that can happen?" What the heck, I said to myself, taking one of the cigarettes. He pulled out the same match he lit his with and scraped it against his jeans, holding it as I inhaled. I had expected to choke on it and was surprised when I didn't.

"That's a lot smoother that I thought it would be," I said. He laughed.

"Of course," he said. "Mah own special blend." He turned to the bartender. "Jake, a couple shots here if you would, please. Give us the good stuff, not the rotgut you give everyone else." The bartender chuckled and pulled out two shot glasses and poured a bit of whiskey into them. He drank his with one swallow and set the glass down, motioning for Jake to fill it back up. "Leave the bottle," he said.

I picked up my glass and took a tentative sip. I halfway expected it to burn like, well, hell, going down, but it didn't. It was almost like drinking sweet flavored tea. It had an aftertaste, but I couldn't quite place it. I took a gamble and drank it all down, the way I saw Eli do. He smiled and nodded his head before refilling my glass.

"So, am I... dead?" I asked. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Not quite, pardner," he said. "Close, but not quite. If you were, we wouldn't be here right now."

"But I heard the paramedic say I was gone," I said.

"They always get it wrong," he said. "They're just now figuring out you still have a pulse. Pretty soon, they'll be taking you in to get that hunk o' lead outta yer chest. You're actually pretty lucky. If that bullet had gone just a fraction of an inch to the left, you'd be a goner fer sure."

"What about Jason?" I asked.

"The feller who shot ya? There's a manhunt on for him right now. Kinda hard ta miss a fella running around covered in another man's blood. Don't worry, pardner, they'll get him."

"You don't really believe that, though, do ya?" I asked.

"I have faith in the law," he said. "Besides, you have bigger things to worry about. Like livin', for one thing. You do want to live, don't ya?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess so," I told him. "But I don't know what I have left to live for." Eli sat back on the bar stool, took a drag off his cigarette and looked at me closely. Then he pointed at a spot behind the bar, where a large thin monitor appeared out of thin air. On it, I could see my wife, Margret, sobbing as she was surrounded by police officers. It looked to me like she was at the local hospital.

"What about her? Don't ya want to get back to her?" Eli asked.

"Why?" I asked. "It looks to me like she already found someone else. Even if she doesn't hook up with him for good, she won't be alone for long." Eli shook his head.

"Son, that woman won't last three months without you," he said. "And you know it. She's got some things to answer for and yes, she screwed up by listening to someone who's a bad influence. She ain't perfect, but neither are you. I can tell ya this -- she ain't got a mean or vindictive bone in her body. And she was telling the truth about the two of you being drugged on yer anniversary."

"How do you know that?" I asked. He pointed at the monitor. I looked and saw the inside of the downtown club Margo and I had gone to that night. I watched as the two of us did that goofy arm-linking thing as we drank a toast to our marriage. Then I watched as we danced.

"Baby, I know that you are normally a beer man, but I also know how much you like good scotch, so I got you some," Margo said after I returned from the men's room.

"Thanks Margo! You are right and this is an unexpected surprise," I said in response. After I drank that glass, we danced a bit more, but I found myself needing to sit down. Just then, the video paused.

"Take a look at the feller there," Eli said, pointing to a man at the bar. It was Jason, and the video clearly showed him putting something in the glass. The video started back up and the man handed the glasses to Margo. She set one down in front of me. Holy crap, I thought to myself. She was telling the truth.

As I watched, we danced a bit more, but it was obvious that I was fuzzy and unable to continue dancing. After I sat back down, Jason took off to the dance floor with Margo. I later watched Margo feed me another scotch, which Jason had also spiked behind her back.

As I watched, people moved around me as my head hit the table. They were laughing and jeering. Margo joined in on the fun, and it was clear to me she wasn't in much better shape. Then her and Jason picked me up and half-carried my near-limp form out of the club and into the limo. The video stopped at that point.

"I don't think you really want to see the rest," Eli said. "They took you home, Jason took advantage of your wife, and the two of them took liberty with you. Remember, your wife was drugged at the time and just went along with what Jason said."

"But she lied to me," I said.

"Yes, she did," Eli said. "And the guilt of those lies ate her up. But she finally broke down and told you the truth."

"And that's when I lost it," I said. "After I promised her that I wouldn't hate her and would love her no matter what. Damn. If I hadn't left the house when I did, Jason probably wouldn't have come over. Or if he had, I could've stopped it before it started."

"Perhaps, perhaps not," Eli said.

"But all that stuff she told me," I said. "I was about to lose it. When she showed me that picture of his cock on my face, I was ready to kill someone. I had to get out of there."

"I understand," Eli said, his drawl no longer as pronounced.

"And then when she told me he had her sit on my face so I could take his cum from her, I thought I was going to be sick. I couldn't believe the woman I loved and would've done anything for would do something so... sickening to me," I said.

"That's a normal reaction, Jim," Eli said.

"Then when I came back and saw Jason between her legs," I began. "I lost it."

"Again, that's a normal reaction," Eli said. "But did you see her face? She wasn't enjoying it. At all. He was raping her."

"I know," I said. "But right now I'm not sure I can even look at her the same way again."

"If you walk away from her now, Jim, knowing what you know, her death will be on your conscience for all eternity," Eli said. "And that's not a burden you want to carry, believe me. And before you say anything else, remember, there's no guarantee you'll ever see her again." I looked at him, shocked.

"Are you certain about that? That she'll die in a few months?"

"She's contemplating suicide even now, Jim," Eli said. "She might get through the next couple months, but it'll be hard for her. She'll spend hours on her hands and knees trying to clean the floor where you were shot. She'll lay awake every night crying for you. She'll see you in every corner of the house. Every time she feels a cold draft, she'll think it was you. Every time she hears a strange noise, she'll think it's you. Then one day, she'll come home with a bottle of pills and some alcohol, then lay down and never wake up."

"What do I have to do?" I asked.

"The first thing you have to do is live. And you can't do that here. The next thing you have to do is forgive her as you've been forgiven," he said.

"But I've never..." He held up his hand to cut me off.

"You said it yourself, Jim," Eli said. "You've looked at other women and thought about having sex with them. As far as the big guy is concerned, thinking about it is just as good as doing it. But you were forgiven long ago. You need to extend that forgiveness to Margo. She wasn't able to stop what was done to her. She thought she could protect you by keeping it to herself. Now she's paying the price for that. If you love her as you say you do, you need to do this."

"And if I don't?"

"The consequences for both of you will last for all eternity," Eli said.

"No pressure there, right?" I asked sarcastically. Eli smiled and took another sip of his drink. "I have a question. Do you think I should have let her cuckold me, Eli?"

"Personally, no," he said. "Not unless that's something you wanted." I shook my head in the negative. Margo and I had talked about it before. We were working to add some spice to our love life and I had gotten the impression Donna was pushing her into it. I recalled one of the episodes where we discussed it in some detail. As I thought about that discussion, video of it played on the floating monitor in front of us.

* * * * *

"The other thing that I need to talk about is Donna and Bill."

"What about them?" She seemed surprised that I would bring them up in our conversation.

"When we were over there, Bill asked me if we had talked about bringing others in to our sex life. What was that all about? Have you and Donna been talking about that?" I asked.

Now she looked away from me, and then took a deep breath, "Yes. We have talked about it, but that's not where I was trying to take us, and I'm not sure I would be comfortable with that. Donna told me that Bill and she had a different kind of marriage. Do you know what cuckolding is?"

"I came across some information on that subject on the internet, but I haven't really read much about it. Why? What do you know about it?"

"This isn't going to be easy, and I can't think of a delicate way to put this, so, I'm just going to say it. I don't want there to be any problems, or secrets between us. Complete honesty."

That statement worried me, and I sat quietly waiting to hear the rest.

"Donna and Bill have tried a lot of things, and the Dom/sub thing isn't the beginning. They've been doing different things for a long time, and Donna has told me how much stronger they are as a couple now. I want us to be that strong too..."

"I want that too dear, but we both need to be comfortable and happy in this relationship." I added.

"Yes... well. Donna and Bill have tried exhibition, swinging, threesomes, and cuckolding. She even told me that she's been gangbanged several times. Dear... you have to promise me, that you won't say anything to either of them about what I'm telling you! She told me those things in confidence."

"I promise. Now, please tell me what this has to do with us." I said.

"Donna has told me how much closer her and Bill are now." She began.

"Yes... I know. You've already said that. Please go on." I said, a little impatiently. I was really trying not to get upset, but she seemed to be beating around the bush.

"Right now, they are in a cuckolding relationship. She dates and has any man she wants, and Bill remains faithful to her. Please, please, promise me you won't say anything."

"I won't say anything, but what they do in their private life is their business. When he asked me that question, my first thought was that they wanted to swap with us... Is that the case?"

"Well... Donna has mentioned it, but that's not going to happen, unless we both decide we want to try it. I would never insist on a step that big. I look at us as a team, and we both have to work together, and agree to what path we take. Besides, with the relationship they have at the moment, I'm sure she wouldn't allow Bill to have another woman."

"So, you think she just wants me to fuck her, and everything will be right with the universe?" I asked.

"The other day, when she was here and you were naked, she told me that she would love to fuck you."

"And how did you feel about your friend telling you she wanted to screw your husband?" I asked.

"It made my tummy do flip flops. I wasn't prepared for her to say something like that, but then, I thought it might be pretty hot, watching you with her. I did enjoy her seeing you naked." She quietly said.

"You really would want to watch me and your best friend? I don't think I'd be comfortable with that... I mean they're our best friends. I could never do that to Bill. How would we ever be able to face them again?"

"I know... You're so right, and that's what I kept thinking. I'm glad we agree on keeping our friends, just friends." She said.

"It sounds to me like you are thinking about trying everything they've tried." I observed.

"Is there anything wrong with thinking about trying new things?"

"No, and I know I sound like a broken record here but... we both have agree to it, and that's why talks like this have to happen. I do enjoy seeing you showing off. I've always thought you have a beautiful body, and I'm proud of you."

"I agree, and thank you." She said. "Have you ever thought about having another woman? You can be honest... you won't hurt my feelings."

"You know I'm a voyeur, and I enjoy looking at beautiful women, and yes, I've wondered what it would be like with some of them. But, I've never acted on it. I always thought of it as, 'there's nothing wrong with window shopping, as long as I'm not buying'. Besides that, I'm not interested in being with another woman. You're all the woman I want, or need. Why? Do you want to try other men?" I was kind of dreading her answer to that question.

"I've thought about it..." Again she didn't look me in the eye. "You know, I was a virgin on the day we got married, and I can't help but be curious about other men. Please don't take that to mean that I want to compare you to other men."

This wasn't easy to hear. I knew she had been a virgin when we married, and I had been with a number of women, when in college. I'd even tried a threesome once, with two girls, but was it my fault that she hadn't explored her sexuality before we got married? Why did I feel a little guilty about that? I guess I should've known that this subject would come up sooner or later.

"I would never do anything behind your back... You know that don't you?"

"Yes. I believe so." I replied.

"I can't and won't deny that it excites me to think about doing it with another man, but... how did you put it? Yes... I've just been window shopping. Somewhere down the road, if you would be completely comfortable with it, then, yes. I would like to be with another man, at least once. But I won't do it, unless you are 100% on board and give me your blessing."

"I appreciate you not cheating on me, and I empathize with your situation. I know that there's no way I would be good with you doing another man right at this moment. It all depends on where we go from here, the new things we try, and both of us being comfortable with that. For instance; you seem to enjoy me eating my own cum, and while it's not my favorite thing to do, I don't mind doing it for you, if it makes you happy. I will promise to keep an open mind though."

"Thank you. You have no idea how much that simple little act means to me. Not only does it turn me on, but it tells me you are comfortable with your own sexuality. I always knew you were open minded and honest. That's one of the qualities that I love most about you." She smiled.