All Comments on 'Survived By'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 288 Comments (Page 2)
flatcar44flatcar44about 3 years ago

Truly outstanding! Very creative using Teddy's perspective.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

This is a story that I didn't want to like, as I hate cheating spouses. In this case, I'm happy they found each other for comfort. This writing was nothing short of magnificent. So much love and emotion in such a short story. The different points of view, especially Teddy , were very well done as well. The ending, although very sad, does offer some hope for the future. Great story!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Well done.

Lee Ann was right; sex scenes weren't needed here.

Intimacy was needed and nicely included in this story.

Powerful story.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cancer Sucks!! R.I.P. Dad

Dogs are the best companions if you get the correct breed for you. I bought my sick elderly mother a small dog Gracie 11 years ago. I truly believe if it wasn't for Gracie my mother would have died years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story.

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

Beautiful, and artfully crafted.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One of the best I've read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That was an outstanding story, right up there with the best on this site.

I’ve had a loved one die of cancer.....my mom had colon cancer that spread to her liver. She lived for about a month after the diagnosis. She and my dad had been married over 60 years when she died. My dad passed away a year later.....one day before her birthday. His death certificate said complications from COPD. But to those of us that knew the man, he died of a broken heart and he wanted to surprise my mom for her birthday.

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 3 years ago

Well-crafted story that will stay with me for days.

Thank you for sharing.

Hooked

RandallQRandallQabout 3 years ago

Wow! Powerful. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Max12059Max12059about 3 years ago

Wonderful story! My wife died less than a year ago, and there were places in this story where I could hardly read due to tears. But somehow I feel a little closer to her after reading this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

NO, NO, NO; Who Really Wrote This Story?

Where's the guiltless arrogant whore who's fucking over Parker even as she's dying? Where's the husband who wallows in his own submission and denigration as his wife fucks the doctors, the nurses, the janitors, the other patients? He knows he's just not enough for her.

The people in this story were actually all decent human beings, even the dying husband who sensed his wife was no longer his. Her loss of love and respect for her sick husband is probably exacerbating the return of his cancer. But only the dog is smart enough to see the whole picture. OK, so we have at least one guiltless whore, but were still looking for some stupid poltroon of a husband. Guess he'd rather die than play second fiddle to Parker. Sure, he shouldn't have married a woman who was still in diapers when he was old enough to have a driver's license. But she shouldn't have said Yes if she couldn't do the time. And the pain.

I'm not sure what this was supposed to be, but I appreciate the effort you made to write it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

A very different story, but excellent. Thanks.....

WestcamWestcamabout 3 years ago

A well thought out story which could not fail to arouse the reader's emotions. Excellent writing and respectful treatment of a sensitive subject.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Deep. Very deep. Not exactly uplifting, but well written.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 3 years ago

I knew I'd be giving you 5 stars shortly after beginning this excellent story. It brought tears to my eyes. You were right in your introduction. Descriptions of sex would have damaged the flow. Bravo, Sir!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

What an amazing and truly moving story. Thank you. 5*, obviously.

BentNotBrokenBentNotBrokenabout 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Will there be another chapter that is uplifting and hopeful for their future? The big C is brutal in its' taking of loved ones... this lovely story gives hope for survivors. Thank you.

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
This was beautiful

I think this may be my favorite of your stories. What a clever device to use the dog’s sense of scent to foreshadow and create tension. Now where’s that 6th star for me to click?

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24about 3 years ago

Wonderfull piece as always. A truly sad note but wonderfull.

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 3 years ago

Very well written. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Interesting Device

By mostly telling the story from the dogs point of view, allows the author to distance himself from the relationship and hardship of the couples involved. Nice segue using the deaths to signify the death of marriage, with only sadness to be expressed. I know some animals are monogamous, but I don't think dogs are, so good use of the dog to express your views on the subject. It was a sad story, but nothing I could really lose myself in as a story. Not really relatable except as an abstract way of thinking.

DearfieldDearfieldabout 3 years ago

I really liked the story, well written,thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well written

But just too damn depressing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It made me cry. It did what it was supposed to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm the third....

carvohicarvohiabout 3 years ago

I'm with Harry. This might be the best story you've posted on Literotica. Of course it's a five. I'll most likely read it again in a dew days. Really liked it.

carvohi (Jedd Clampett)

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 3 years ago

You always manage to hit me right in the feels. As always, you write a great, sad story.

Thank you, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanks. Now my eyes will be all puffy all day

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fabulous! Delicate! Scintillating!

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
5 Stars

Well deserved high marks, RG. Beautifully woven plot details and elements.

Keep 'em comin'.

SecretAgentHubbySecretAgentHubbyabout 3 years ago

Another example of why you’re one of the best!

dazzer15dazzer15about 3 years ago

A beautiful story. Pity you could not turn it into a book it would be a best seller. Brilliantly written a part 2 would be good 5 star does not seem to be enough

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thank you, very moving.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

oh good god man. sorry for the wet comment but it was ur fault. now i gotta watch or read a comedy my depression to a hit here. ty for the read

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

This is a real goosebumps story! Well told and you can almost feel the pain that holds your protagonist captive! This is pure life! Thank you for sharing!

stewartbstewartbabout 3 years ago

As we all should know...life move on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Magnificent this old man cried all the way through.When you get old you carry so much pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story, but gut wrenching.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Crap

Crappy storyline. Utter crappy characters. Gave it a fitting crappy score.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow....

Just WOW!

The pain came thru as load and clear as possible!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anonymous. who called this crappy is a moron and has no understanding of cancer and how it effects people. This story was an attempt to bring in the beloved animal who also knows what is going on. Do not comment again asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don’t know how you do it but some how you make words sing with power and emotion.I never read a better author anywhere

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I've never read a story like this, the pain radiates from Teddy and Parker's characters. This story had to come from a very creative mind and / or someone with intimate experiences. Thank you for a moving story - the best deserve a couple reads, I believe this is my third!

somewhere east of Omaha

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

lover1953lover1953about 3 years ago

Well written, always enjoy your stories. Looking forward to your next offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great story that mixes in a lot of cancer medical facts with the emotional aspects. Dogs can and have been trained to detect cancer from a person before outward signs appear. Sharing the emotional impact of a partner struggling with cancer with another partner can be a powerful unifying act. Sadly, cancer can return after apparent total remission and the loss or fear will be even greater than during the initial treatments.

You put a knot in my being and a tear in my eye.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very emotional story, tears throughout. The view of happenings from the the dogs point of view was sad and inspiring. The tears making it difficult to see what I am writing. Life goes on and we are left with memories of happier or sadder times, there are always both.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47almost 3 years ago

I am totally chocked up with this story, it is so emotional that the tears have been streaming down my face through out the reading of it. I am 73 years old for God's sake. You have to be one of the best authors on this site. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47almost 3 years ago

By the way not sure you can better this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Perhaps Richard Gerald's best offering! A truly touching story and very true to life. 5*s.

There are however, two sentences which are mutually antagonistic:

1) It is NOT that wives are inherently unfaithful. - and

2) NO woman's romantic dreams involve FIDELITY.

So one is lead to deduce that ALL women can be lead into infidelity, which is not true. But this explains RG's recurring themes for his other stories. A sad premise.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

You Know

I don't know. Tough to read. Many emotions involved. I guess it takes a better person than I to understand all the comings and goings of a lost love, then found love. I guess it's me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

wow POWERFUL.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 3 years ago

Very moving, well written, creative plot. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Is there a way to give a story 10*? Thank you very much for sharing this.

PatHayashiPatHayashialmost 3 years ago

Amazing but heartbreaking. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yes!!!

norcal62norcal62almost 3 years ago

Many similarities between cancer advance and Alzheimer's progression for the caretakers and survivors. I appreciate this story for its reality and feelings, plus the dog. Our dog is a true therapy dog.

waifwaifover 2 years ago

How did I miss this when it was originally posted?

I loved it.

Sodbuster2Sodbuster2over 2 years ago

I notice , to my sorrow that your writing has slowed down. I for one look forward to your stories., having read each on you have written. I care not for misspelled words. Just let that wonderful mind of yours begui me with more of your offering

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This writer is one of the few on the site who thinks of new stories, and some of them are really good, like this one. 5. (There should be a "high five" category, pun intended).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Parker and I have a lot in common. One big difference is that my wife made me promise that I would go out and find another women to replace her. She died when she was 42 and I was 44. I tried two women before I found a keeper. We've been together for 28 years. I always wondered why her sister kept warning that I was only after her money. Then a friend visited for several days. He snooped on her laptop and said loudly,"Wow, she's a major player." He

was looking at her stock holdings. It turned out she's a multimillonaire. I had no idea that she was.

When she was 33 she lost her virginity to the big fingers of a clumsy gynocologist. She sued him for 280,000. Deduct 30,000 for her attorney. Not bad for a school teacher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another moving story plucked from the fringes of modern society. Quite impressive, really, given the number of such stories from one author. I hope to read enough of these to able to see the fringes for myself.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Every so often when you rummage through the bargain bucket you find an absolute gem. Thanks for this. Just excellent. TC Ireland.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When you have lived part of a story like this one, then you can let some of your grief out. I cried then cried again. It has been 20 years since I left the hospital that morning with out my beloved, and yet when I read a story of loss I can remember those last two days. Richard, you have been one of my favorite author for many years but this story has to be one of your best, however I can not read ever again because of the memories that I still do not handle well CR

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A good, well written, well constructed piece of writing.

We experience this kind of loss sooner or later, be it a partner or a parent, or god forbid a child. If we're open to our feelings we empathize with a fellow human being suffering the loss of a loved one.

I lost the woman I loved when our relationship died. I'm not sure it's any easier, especially when you see the ghost of your relationship in a restaurant with another man.

Moving on came with a move to the other end of the country and a fresh start, nothing like being thrown in the deep end to make you realize you sink or swim, treading water is simply not an option.

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69over 2 years ago

Very, very sad, and very, very well done. It had me in tears. You’re very very good, RichardGerald.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An out of character non cuckold story. One of the best.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

All I can say is 5*. It really grabbed me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent..!.. 5*

Alleybarber19Alleybarber19over 2 years ago

Quite desperation. It’s never a cliche when it affects you.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

Just a fucking awesome story.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Rating this story is unfair as it’s like comparing professionals to amateurs.

Incredibly poignant portrayal of life and loss and coping. 10*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are without doubt the greatest talented author on the internet bar none

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW... what a great story. Definitely a 5 star 🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

I think I read this while cutting onion.

5 *... Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Going through cancer myself. WOW.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 2 years ago

You Sir... are brilliant . My thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"As with most women, the exciting thing about sex within a marriage of several years was the thought of sex with a man other than her husband. It is not that wives are inherently unfaithful, but no woman's romantic dreams involve fidelity."

Author obviously believes this. I am sorry for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If you never write another word... You have fulfilled your purposr as a writer... This was brilliant...

-jaye-

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 years ago

Wow ! So much to feel in so few words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WOW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have to agree with an earlier comment. "he exciting thing about sex within a marriage of several years was the thought of sex with a man other than her husband. It is not that wives are inherently unfaithful, but no woman's romantic dreams involve fidelity." It just makes my skin crawl to think anyone truly thinks this way, but then I read some of the author's other stories and realized it's not from a female's perspective at all, but the author explaining his own cuck delusions.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

Wonderful, just wonderful.

My only critic is about why they shared a room together. It was not about passion, affair or anything that was written. It was just two people trying to forget their problems.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for your wonderful stories!

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Damn. This just may be one of your best works

SunnyU2SunnyU2about 2 years ago

Screw the cheaters. I hope they continue to be miserable

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 years ago

Excellent.

There's no crying in baseball...

DazzyDDazzyDabout 2 years ago

Some would say 5 or a 10 ....I say 20 stars. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I needed this cry! Best story I’ve read in a long time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What

Tears

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for this work, Mr. Gerald. A few years ago we ( family members and many friends ) lost my wife of 53 fabulous years; to cancer. She was gregarious, loving…. with an inner beauty that transcended that the physical which was my original attraction. More recently l’ve also had cancer overwhelm my oldest son, thus losing him also. For me, this story of yours grabs at my heart. I like your character, Parker and have since found a remarkable-lady with whom I’m spending life’s excitement. My sincere appreciation for capturing the complex, raw emotions so well. Frank E. Taylor,Canada.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous