Suspicion Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ok, so now all of our cards are out on the table. Yes, I've been fucking the living shit out of her for several months now. Maybe I'm being too blunt, but I've been waiting for a long time to return the favor," said Paul, with no apology implied or intended.

"Yes, if your goal was to have me feel the hurt that you experienced, the knowledge that your wife, your love, was freely giving herself to another man, then you have succeeded. I have no words. I suppose that you didn't either when you first discovered her betrayal. Nothing would ease the sickness in your gut, knowing that your marriage was at an end.

If your goal is to take her back, I'm sure that you'll succeed, but it's my guess that you have planned all of this to get you revenge on her also."

"I haven't thought that far ahead," said Paul, holding back on revealing that his plan was: as soon as the marriage to Karl was splintered, he would dump her like garbage. Now though, he had a trickle of a thought wondering if he would like to reunite with Kathy after Karl cut her loose. Only a trickle though.

"Well, I owe it to you to clue you in on what else my investigators found. Paul, you and I are not the only dicks competing for her pussy. There is a young co-worker that she sometimes beds on Wednesdays. There's a thumb drive, and full blown up glossy pictures in this envelope. My guys also had info that they couldn't prove, at least not yet, that there have been several others. Those 'business trips' she takes a couple times a year, reliable info says she's been known to take more than one guy to her room. Thought you should know."

"How could we ever have fallen for such a slut?" Paul asked Karl.

"I don't know. I have a favor to ask, I know you don't owe me a thing, but if needed would you testify for me, about her character? I want custody of my boy," Karl asked.

"You bet, I got custody of my kids and so should you. I'll do it, if you need me to, but you need to do me one back, I'm fixed to dump her, as soon as you cut her loose, just don't tip my hand, let her sweat." Paul said.

"Deal," Karl said.

*************************************

Kathy got served, and Karl threatened exposure of her adulterous behavior, if she didn't accept his terms for divorce, including their prenup, which with the provable cheating, she would get near nothing. She used their prior history and child to get Karl to sit down and talk before the lawyers took over.

Karl's hatred for Kathy was equal to Paul's at the time she first broke the news of her cheating to him. Karl told her, "I must never have really known you at all. The love that I had cherished so dearly, all of those years, must have been for a woman that did not exist."

"That's not true Karl, I'm right here, I love you, I've always loved you. Please don't throw me away now, we've just found each other after so many years," begged Kathy.

"I wronged my first wife, marrying her, while still in love with you. I'll never forgive myself for that either, ruining her young life over a slut like you."

"Please don't say those awful things to me, I don't deserve that," she claimed.

"Well, lets add it up and see what your title should be.

After I had to go away following high school, I loved you enough to release you to find somebody to love and be happy with. You did that by all appearances with Paul, who, I've come to know is a very decent man. You created two children with him and professed your love to him.

Then I came along, blinded by a memory and fucked up his world. I was wrong, so very wrong, but you willingly went along with our affair, knowing it would destroy him, should he find out. I justified my despicable behavior by selling myself a line of B.S. that fate was giving us a second chance.

The first look into the real you was when you insisted that you still loved Paul, and would not leave him, but for us to share you. I had no intention of sharing you long term, I just went along knowing that he would eventually catch on, then divorce you."

"You mean you were never willing to allow me to stay married to Paul as we developed a new relationship?" asked Kathy.

"No, I would never agree to that. The woman that I was in love with would never be alright with continually hurting her love in such a way, but that woman wasn't you. I know that now," replied Karl.

"But I do love you both, I do. I would have done anything to make you both happy," she said.

"The one thing that you could have done, would have been true to your love. Instead you proposed a plan that would cause immeasurable pain for both he and I. So cold hearted, so selfish of you to suggest that he and I both live in misery knowing our love was fucking another guy half of the time."

"I'm not a monster, I would have never denied either of you anything," She proclaimed.

"Not true dear wife, you denied both of us exclusivity."

"No, don't say that. It isn't true," she fired back.

"Oh, but it is. The last nail in the coffin of our dead marriage is that the fact that the cheating you have and are doing is not confined to Paul and me."

"What are you talking about? She demanded.

"My investigators turned up proof of you having a boy toy from work that you fuck on certain Wednesdays. AND if that's not enough, we have uncovered that you had roommates on certain 'business trips.' No matter, the proof that you feel justified spreading your legs indicates you are the worse version of a woman, even sluts live in reality. So, crazy slut seems to fit you."

"Maybe it's you that's crazy, I offered to love you forever, but you say these awful things to me. Those other guys don't mean anything, nothing at all," Kathy claimed.

"Kathy, this conversation is getting nowhere, and now it's over. Never contact me again, except through my attorney. Take what I'm offering, it's more than you deserve, and I'll allow visitation with our son. If you fight me, I'll reign hell down on your cheating ass. Understand?"

"Yes, I'll agree, I've got no choice, damn you. Paul will take me back, he still loves me. You'll be sorry."

"I seriously doubt that. Good bye, Kathy," Karl said and left her with the papers to sign.

She cried the rest of that night, but signed. The divorce would be final in three months.

Kathy tried desperately to get comfort from Paul, but he was unexplainably absent. The children had been staying with Kathy's parents, he used an excuse that he needed to go out of town for a couple of months getting some training. The real purpose was Paul didn't want to see Kathy until her divorce from Karl was final.

It had not penetrated her delusional mind that Paul's absence was intentional, even after many unsuccessful attempts to contact him.

The day the divorce became final, Karl called Paul and let him know to beware. Paul thanked him and decided it was time to have a talk with his kids. He tried to ease them into an explanation that their mother was sick and that he couldn't help her. He hoped to avoid them understanding just what their mother really was, and why it was so impossible for him to reunite with her.

Kathy came banging on Paul's door the next day after the divorce. She had noticed that he was back, as she had been driving by his house frequently.

When Paul answered the door she said, "Honey, there's something we need to talk about." A phrase that sent chills down Paul's spine.

Her casual manner unnerved Paul, a normal person would be emotionally charged, and she acted as if he had just got back from a golfing trip.

He said, "OK Kathy, but not today. I have a lot to do to get settled in, how about coming by tomorrow afternoon, I'll take off work early."

"I'd really like to talk to you now, but OK, I'll be by tomorrow," she agreed, unwilling to cause even the least argument.

The next day Kathy arrived figuring to talk Paul into a reconciliation, but he is ready to execute his revenge.

Kathy whisks in and begins chattering, "Paul, I don't know if you are aware, but I'm a free woman again and I want you back. I want to be the best wife a man ever had."

When Paul doesn't answer she pleads for him to take her back, that no obstacle remained, she would be only his.

Paul answers, "I suppose you want to remarry me, keep Karl on the side to screw, keep your little Wednesday afternoon fuck and the guys you bang while on business trips? That about cover it bitch? You fucking cheating, lying, whore?"

"No, no ... no, I don't want any man but you. Why are you calling me those awful names? You said that you still loved me, couldn't go on without me," she tried to gain his soft side.

"Well, how does it feel? I lied. It was all for revenge, HONEY. And fuck does it feel great! Fuck you, you selfish, entitled bitch. Get out of my house and out of my life."

"You can't mean those things, I won't go," she said defiantly.

"Listen, you worthless whore, I only pretended to forgive you, and pretended to still love you in order to get back at Karl. I recorded you sucking and fucking my cock, just to rub his nose in it. I even bit your ass, leaving teeth marks that I'd hope he would see, which he did by the way. That's what started his investigation into your activity where he got pictures of us, and your Wednesday boy toy fucking."

"You set me up? You son of a bitch, you ruined my marriage to Karl to get even? Bastard." She screamed.

"Yeah, how does it feel now, whore? Got nobody now. Even boy toy skipped town," he said with fury.

He had been waiting years to deliver this coup de grace.

Kathy stormed out of the house.

Losing primary custody of her first children to Paul, then him divorcing her, followed by playing her for a fool to get the destruction of her marriage to Karl had been bad enough, but loosing custody of her young son was the last straw, and her mental faculties snapped in two. She blamed Paul for all of her troubles.

Later that afternoon, a very drunk Kathy showed up at Paul's house. Paul threatened to have her removed, and dialed his cell phone, but this time was going to be different. Just as Kathy and Paul's children were walking up to the house after school, a shot rang out. The kids rushed inside the house to see their father on the floor, unconscious, bleeding from the gut, their mother standing with the gun still in her hand.

The 9-1-1 operator could be heard asking questions on Paul's cell phone as sirens announced the arrival of the police.

Epilogue

Paul survived the shooting, and after three surgeries and six months of recovery he was able to return to work. He and his children grew closer and eventually there were grand children for him to love.

Kathy was arrested and at her trial it was determined that she was unable to stand trial, due to mental illness. She was confined to an institution for evaluation.

Karl raised his boy as a single dad for three years, then met a woman through his business, only this one wasn't mentally unstable. She was also divorced and had a daughter, they married and created a life for themselves. But because of his experience with Kathy he never could come to trust his new wife, and unfortunately, that led to another ruined marriage and divorce.

Karl's son had no contact with his mother, he would not allow his son to go to a place with armed guards. The boy was too young to remember much about his mother and as he grew older, Karl didn't want incarceration to be his memory of her.

Paul did allow his children to decide for themselves, they were much older, but unfortunately, Kathy became very irritated and uncontrollable by visits of her children. She would rant about how Karl and Paul had both wronged her. She was never released back into society, the children stopped requesting to visit her.

Paul dated some, found some friends with benefits, but never again wanted to feel for a woman, investing himself instead into his children, then grandchildren's lives. His scars were perhaps the deepest.

The old adage is: "When seeking revenge -- dig two graves."

In Paul's mind those two graves were going to be Kathy and Karl's. In this case, he should have dug three.

The End

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note: A similar story was written by nici. There are several attempts to improve upon her ending, some good, others not so much.

If you are interested in joining the fray, check out:

"Something We Have To Talk About" by nici

"Between Two Lovers" chapters 1 & 2 written by nici , a sequel to "Something We Have To Talk About"

"It's All-Good" by nici , epilogue to "Between Two Lovers"

A quote from nici: "But, in too many cheating wife stories I have read, the female characters seemed to either have a full blown narcissistic personality disorder, a histrionic personality disorder or they're so weak and spineless that I can only wonder how they could ever exist in the real world. They can't." nici

Readers may decide for themselves if nici succeeded in creating a better character.

Also see:

"Nothing To Talk About" by poorrichard

poorrichard gives nici's story an ending with some measure of justice.

"Something We Need To Talk About" by swimwriter

There are other titles, this subject seemed to resonate with many people.

Me included... fritz51

12