All Comments on 'Sweet Hitchhiker Ch. 01'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 108 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl195811 months ago

Sheer storytelling. Thank you, Q. Post again, please. Randi.

Shavedbollox69Shavedbollox6911 months ago

I've just finished going through your back catalogue, it's good to see you still publishing

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

What a wild couple! They must be meant for each other.

5

oldsage_1oldsage_111 months ago

Wow! That was quite the beginning! Looking forward to see what you have in mind for this couple.

Cheers

SAGE

payenbrantpayenbrant11 months ago

Interesting beginning, but I do not have high hopes for the relationship. She will stab him and take everything she can. Very well written though and I am curious where the author is going to take this tale.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

Great start looking forward to more, thanks.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

I should have added, great to have an anti-racist character, too much casual and institutionalised racism in far too many countries these days.

francemanfranceman11 months ago

Strangely, I found it very hard to get into the story.

And I have no idea why?

Waiting to read the rest.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Robby_DRobby_D11 months ago

Off to a fine start, and I'll be looking for part 2. 5 stars to keep you motivated:)

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

Great to see a Q1 story pop up and you didn’t disappoint. Having racial banter without being racist is a nice change from all the negative stereotypes I usually see in LW, which are always a real turn-off for me. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

IntoblackIntoblack11 months ago

Great story! Keep writing and don't let me down on this. I love happy endings and WMBF sex is super hot.

BarryJames1952BarryJames195211 months ago

Great start. Lovin’ the characters. 5*.

demanderdemander11 months ago

Good first part. But sooner or later she's gonna kill someone. Hope it isn't our main man. D

River3860River386011 months ago

Great start to a new story! Good to see that you are still plucking away! Like most of your stories, that characters are a little to big to be real, but it always works for you. Thanks for the entertainment.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

My ears always perk up when I see your name under a story. The intro was very confusing with the MC working for two “uncles”. Ending the tropical farm uncle as Uncle Sam would have helped a lot. The only downer for the story so far is the genre you placed it in. We now know how this ends as I find myself cheering them on. Kind of depressing. Great narrative and plot development, as always. 4.8*

GreyMatter46GreyMatter4611 months ago

I love diversity. And these two are as diverse as it gets. there is going to be racism in America until there is but one race. Won't be in my lifetime sorry to say.

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SwordWielderSwordWielder11 months ago

Wow! Another great story from a master. I look forward to your next chapter.

A_BierceA_Bierce11 months ago

Delighted to see a new story from you, and eager to see where you take us.

JimDiamondJimDiamond11 months ago

Great story. Only thing wrong with it is it is toooo damn short...

miket0422miket042211 months ago

Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope we don't have to wait too long.

Not sure if I've ever seen a more unique method for two people to meet and begin a relationship. Great imagination by the author.

Loved seeing Gastonia mentioned. Lived there for a couple of years a long time ago.

KRD19254KRD1925411 months ago

Wow, this guy is only two years older then me and we lived some of the same. Just I'm a Yankee.

\

If ya been in Nam you will never forget it. I was a no-way-in-hell would I smoke, two days after being in land I had my first joint. It was the only way to come down off the intense fear to get any restful sleep. Weed grew wild along the river/canals, we would pluck sum going up shit-creek and our engineman would put it on the manifold to dry out. Getting back to base our rear gunner was a rolling maestro making stogies. Just enough Nam stuff to not make me remember, much.

\

This looks like a fun one for ya, Master Q. Looking forward to Part 2.

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

Texican1830Texican183011 months ago

For people of a certain age, this is a magical mystery tour. Much appreciation.

RK52RK5211 months ago

I agree that it is a strange beginning but it is well presented and I look forward to the next chapter(s). Great start to the story.

Hooked1957Hooked195711 months ago

Another example of why many of us consider you the best writer on Literotica. Can't wait for part 2. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Hooked

WetheNorthWetheNorth11 months ago

You write a good story

mac1729mac172911 months ago

Another good beginning to a nice story, I look forward to more

Thanks for writing

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar11 months ago

I guess it's an omen, I put on my "almost too ratty to wea"r Double Door Inn tee shirt this morning. It's paying off in spades. Good start to the story. I had forgotten the Open Kitchen...thanks for that memory refresher. 5* from me.

servant111servant11111 months ago

Good tale. Look forward to how it develops

5 stars

bobareenobobareeno11 months ago

Good read, as always. Thanks.

JJ1961JJ196111 months ago

You are a hell of a writer. I'm looking forward to read the next chapter. Thanks

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack11 months ago

Always good to see a new story from you!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu11 months ago

Why the heck do somebody wants to do anything with someone who nearly gutted his insides out and probably stomped on it. Red flag all over Angel and the MC is too so sure of himself to see it. Trouble ahead.

/

Sorry qhm1. I do love you as a writer but really once I got to the part of Angel and MC getting together I skipped to the last two paragraphs of the story. Suddenly I got bored.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very good as usual! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What was he driving? A horse and cart? Twenty miles out of Gastonia and an hour later they were still in the middle of nowhere. Just nitpicking. Love this authors work but often has little fuckups.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

Being from Q I'm sure this is great, but it would be helpful to know how many chapters and how often they'll post.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not bad, not good, mostly boring till now. It would have been better to give some hints on where this tale is heading. 2* for now.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Top shelf so far, 5 Golden ones thank you. Colour has no roll to play in life or love, people are people the finest of who do not judge but learn.

Kathy1211Kathy121111 months ago

I always rush to read your stories, they are great! Glad to see you are posting!

Vadar990155Vadar99015511 months ago

Hot dam! Five big stars. I thought you might be in witness protection. Glad to see you back in action!

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

Helluva’ tale. I miss the 70’s.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Meh, not a fan of the two of them getting together. So far she’s hot and he’s stupid to get involved with her.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm a little lost... Perhaps I don't understand English well. But what was the point of this squiggle with a matched dog? Analogies? Contrasts? To be honest, in the episode with the "dating in the car" incident, I expected the dog to jump out of the back seat and bite her hand with a knife...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I usually enjoy your stories, but couldn't get into this one. Part of the problem is that there's still no wife, much less a loving wife. There is also way to much of a rather disjointed background dump that probably could (and should) have been trimmed down and presented better.

I presume that a later chapter will have content appropriate for this category, but so far it fails to deliver on expectations.

gort69gort6911 months ago

Interesting characters. Can't wait to see where this one goes.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Waiting impatiently for more, I love your stories. I'm happy giving 5 stars, even with more chapters to come, because I know you'll never lead us into some kind of cuckold crap. Thrilled to have another story from the Q. Thanks for posting.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon11 months ago

Really bored reading this...still waiting for the LW relevance.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thanks for an interesting read

Brought back some memories.

To jimmythep, do you actually think there was less racism in the past?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It might work out if she keeps the knife in her pocket. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

TrustingagainTrustingagain11 months ago

Enjoying the build up

CD1929CD192911 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this part. Please keep them coming. I hate waiting months

BeBopper99BeBopper9911 months ago

1* Wrong category!

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit11 months ago

Im hoping there is a tie to loving wives… it you write so well I really will read the rest with glee.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Interesting story from a reader in NE Tennessee that finds it interesting that local cities are included in stories online. One of my wildest hookups was a black girl I went through grade school with but didn't really know at that time. We ran into each other years later and hooked up that night and the following morning before she disappeared again and I have never seen her again but she told some people who I know really well about what happened on social media which I have never had

KCLeggs69KCLeggs6911 months ago

I enjoyed this.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Funny, how the category gives the plot away. That, and the story being multi parts. The details will still be interesting: how long will they be married before she fucks him over? Will they have children by then, or will it be the race of the child that alerts him to her whoring? She's gonna claim she was trying to save his life by fucking whoever she ends up fucking. Or maybe she'll jump in front of a bullet? Lots of options; amaze us.

\

Note to readers: If ANYONE sticks a knife in you for any reason and you've got a gun, either shoot the assailant or shoot yourself, in the head, cause one of you is already brain dead.

\

Minor plot fail with the guns. You are not going to find all, or even most, of your brass from an auto-ejecting gun fired in heavy brushy woods. In a mowed city park, you might find most. In North Carolina your canoe does not have to be registered, but like a drug grower would use a traceable canoe anyway. And if any police authority found an abandoned canoe with a nice 9mm. laying in the bottom, the first thing she'll do is trace the serial number. If the gun is hot it will be destroyed. If the gun is clean it will be kept or sold, probably to the same person who buys the canoe. Get real.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

He’s basically trying to tame a feral cat. It’s not going to work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Youll one of my faves.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy#9

WindySwimmingWindySwimming11 months ago

Another winner, Q! Thanks for all the entertaining reads over the yrs.

Mega kudos, five stars.

Cheers!!

WS

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Looks like another classic

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ok so far, but 3 pages and we still don’t know what the story is about.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Um...Union Grove NC to Charlotte is about 60 miles. Union Grove NC to Gastonia NC is about 72 miles. What Union Grove is he in?

TajfaTajfa11 months ago

You really know how to write. Please don't keep us waiting for part 2. 5 stars

AndyAndrewsAndyAndrews11 months ago

Superb writing, great story. Thanks so much.

SithLord6969SithLord696911 months ago

Always a good day when Q serves us up a new story. Afraid where this might lead since Angel already admitted to past cheating, but the ride alone [pun intended] will be worth it! 5 stars

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Pretty good for a white man. Always a good line for a mixed couple, good stuff!

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

Very well done! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks.

shareher4funshareher4fun11 months ago

Excellent! Thank you for sharing this with us!

TeggeTegge11 months ago

Love it, keep em comin!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Looks like trouble ahead

deependerdeepender11 months ago

Nice. Very nice. Excellent story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well, it is a different opening from the usual. Good writing as expected. 5 stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A new Q-story! Can't get much better.

muddman74muddman7410 months ago

Gret story so far, Q. Keep this series coming quick!

deadmunnydeadmunny10 months ago

arggghhh was hoping that "pt1" was a lie and it would be a complete story :-)............ great start of course

JH4FunJH4Fun10 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This was an awesome read. I had to give it an Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating.

I grew-up in the south in the 60’s and early 70’s (Left GA after High School). This tale brought back many bad memories. I was one of the only white boys in a black section of Atlanta, GA so color was not a problem for me. The lady that kept us while my mother worked to provide for our family.

She had 2 son’s who were great people and grew up to strong men and good fathers. They were around the same age as my brother and me. We always did things together including getting into trouble that teenagers did. Nothing malicious are damaging just little things.

One day we got caught and the men that caught us wanted to let me go because I was white, and they were black. They started grab them which would be the wrong thing to do since our friends were just around the corner waiting for us. I stepped in front of my friends and told them to run. The men didn’t know how to react. By the time they started to chase the 2 of them they caught up with the others and they were all waiting around the corner. The subject change from beating to telling them not to come back around there. That was my first major introduction to blatant racism. I met back up with everyone at Grant Park we hung out there and just shot the breeze until time to go home. The story did get back to their mother who tanned our butts. Then when my mother got home, I got it a second time from her. Not just for the act but also for creating an embarrassment to DeeDee May’s family.

Your tale rang so true as to how we treated people who we didn’t know just because they were a different color from us. I am smiling now because you reminded me of how far we have come as a nation. My time in the military gave me an even broader view of the world and the great people in it.

I hope you continue write your tales for us to consume.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I have enjoyed all of your stories but why have you gone woke nobody as smart as you knows red birds don’t mate with crows

AngelRiderAngelRider10 months ago

Oh! This is a good one folks. It's awesome.

Chuckles12cChuckles12c10 months ago

Story line was excellent. Really enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A different kind of story and I enjoyed it. Can’t wait to see how the story continues.

nyc1975nyc197510 months ago

Q,

Great story. I came back to this after reading the conclusion. While I know it seems to be nitpicking, historical inaccuracies by really good writers bug me more than seeing them is stories that are total crap. If you had shifted the MC's age to 27 or 28 in the first paragraph, or if you had begun the tale in 1973 instead, you'd have been on solid ground. Combat elements of the Marine Corps departed Vietnam in May 1971. They were replaced by the 196th Light Infantry Brigade of the US Army. The last tactical combat unit to leave country was 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry Regiment in August 1972.

Nevertheless, 5* here and I'll post the same for Ch.02.

Pete

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

So far so good.

But, what happened to the dog?

Looking forward to ch. 2. Thank you.

Sparks722Sparks72210 months ago

So I'm guessing from the main character's descriptions, he's either from Yadkinville or Wilkes, and I'm leaning towards Wilkes- especially with the Merlefest/ Watson references.

I will say, as others have pointed out, there are some inconsistencies with distances and drive times; even when I was a kid growing up in Charlotte a decade after this story took place, it was a helluva hike from the part of town Double Door was in (that made my heart ache) up to Huntersville, where UNCC is- and there was no John Belk Freeway in 1976 to cut through to get over to Elizabeth Ave.

All in all though, I'm really enjoying this, when I usually steer very clear of the LW category.

Ravey19Ravey1910 months ago

Surprised there's no comments yet. A very interesting and excellent story. I cannot comment on any authenticity re race relations in the south but it sounds realistic to me. Hope it works out for them. 5⛤

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Maybe Angel will get to know what it feels like to be treated as a human being. She may even find that she loves the "white boy". It should be evident what he thinks of her, when told called her his girlfriend and was ready to fight for her. Maybe he'll give her something to remember him by, and she'll settle down and be a wife and mommy, the greatest gift... 10 STARS!!

bumd11bumd1110 months ago
DNF

I've long been a fan of Q's stories, but didn't get much more than half way through this chapter. Are we supposed to like these people? Two dope dealers, one of whom tries to carjack the other at knife point on first meeting? Both of them obnoxious?

I don't want to spend any more time with them. Think I'll go back and reread some of this author's classics.

decathlondecathlon10 months ago

Double Door, Union Grove, Merlefest... there is a lot of musical name dropping in this story. Of course it lives up to its promise.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

I agree with those wondering what happened to the dog.

linnearlinnear10 months ago

You always give us a good story, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you for writing for us! Great story, as always

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thanks for the diversion! I think this tale has real potential, and I love the concept.

I loved the interaction between the characters, after the initial "rocky start." I can almost buy the whole "soldier with PTSD" thread, though he's a bit too self-assured and yet less judgemental and less violent than most would be.

I really liked knowing pretty explicitly what her tits and ass feel like, albeit briefly. I wished I'd heard what her pussy is like, both inside and out, especially when she's cumming, e g. how juicy and how slick vs. how much muscle tone she has in her kegel muscles. And what her blowjob technique is, along with her inclination to use it. He's showing little tendency to eat her pussy, which I think would be great for the connection between them. E.g. if she woke up cumming because he was eating her as she was sleeping, leading to more affection and sweetness of disposition toward him.

Lawrie1941Lawrie194110 months ago

As per usual, excellent and somewhat intriguing. I look forward to part 2

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice story telling .a refreshing change of pace.

swedishreader1swedishreader110 months ago

Nobody grew serious amounts of weed indoors in 1975 or before, the knowledge to make it worthwhile or profitable did not exist.

It's not legal in Holland and never has been and back then nobody in the country was selling seeds.

Apart from that a decent start.

swedishreader1swedishreader110 months ago

One more small point.

Cannabis seeds do not smell and dogs cannot detect them

Crusader235Crusader23510 months ago

Good story. I new many Nam vets that grew their own weed, it certainly helped relieve the ptsd. Semper Fi, on too the next chapter.

Richard1940Richard194010 months ago

I like this one very much, love your sense of humour.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Great story. Merlefest, Union Grove, UNCC, Doubledoor Inn, coupled with the heat here in Scottsdale, makes me want to go home. I prefer the cooler mountains, but Charlotte would do. You know North Carolina well.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
621
I'm 51 
4.83
769
589
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
788
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
844
More Stories