Sweetest of Hearts - Melissa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Claire returned half an hour later, wiping her eyes as she sat down and signed the paperwork. Mark looked ready to say a lot more before he finally sighed and just told her to piss off. She choked back a sob but stood up and walked away again, Mark getting up to start clearing the table, his daughters helping him. I reviewed all the details and was impressed at how much he'd managed to find by himself, though I knew Bill had hired a private investigator on his behalf to keep an eye on her.

The girls had their say when their mother returned, asking for a hug. From what they said, I learned she was very much an absent mother, left wondering if she'd been having affairs for longer than Mark suspected. I guess it didn't really matter, but hearing both of them stand up and by their father made me smile. I think, in that moment, Claire was starting to realise just what she'd lost. Mark escorted her to the door and asked one final question, if she'd even brought him into their home and the marital bed.

She said no. Whether that was a lie or not didn't matter. Mark merely nodded his head, opened the door and closed it as soon as Claire was outside.

Mark sent the girls off to shower and study as he finished cleaning up. Bill eventually grabbed them both a beer. Offering me a drink, I paused before accepting a glass of wine. Heading outside to the decking that surrounded the pool, Mark took a sip of his drink before he glanced at me. "Thank you, Melissa. You're an absolute life saver."

"What about me?" Bill asked.

"Yeah, you did me good too, mate."

"What will you do now?" Bill wondered.

"Wait until we face court. If Claire fights this, we go nuclear. If the bitch wants a fight, we'll give her one. But she won't fight. She's got what she really wants. A way out. It just hasn't gone the way she anticipated."

We finished our drinks, chatting about nothing important, before I told him I should probably go. He escorted me to the front door, glancing back to see the smile Bill returned. I think he could read me better than I thought. Walking me outside to my car again, it was the first time I could use the word bashful when it came to Mark.

"Your soon to be ex-wife is a fool, Mark," I whispered, my heart thundering in my chest, before I finally leaned up and kissed him. What surprised me is that he was ready for me. It was a chaste kiss, no tongues were involved, but when we broke apart, I was feeling rather warm and he had a smile on his face that told me he liked what just happened. "Look after your girls. We'll get this done as quickly as possible."

"Thanks, Melissa," he stated before hugging me. I melted into him again and didn't want to let him go. There was finally a cleared throat, both of us breaking apart to see Bill at the front door.

Blushing again, I wished him goodnight as he opened the car door for me, waiting I was sat before he closed it. Lowering the window, I turned on the ignition as he leaned into the open window. "If you ever want a coffee, Mark..."

"As soon as I'm officially divorced, Melissa. But I'd love to have a coffee with a friend before then."

I took his hand and ensured I gave him my widest smile. "You've got my number. Anytime, Mark."

Filing the paperwork the next morning, I knew it was just a matter of it going through the court process before Mark would be free of his wife. During the conversations at the dinner table, it sounded like he'd already had more than one offer of a date, but while he didn't turn them down, he said he'd do nothing until he was divorced. I was left thinking that, if I really wanted to be with him, I would have to fight for him.

I sat in my office and thought he might just be worth that fight.

*****

Mark

"She was very pretty, Daddy," Hannah told me the next morning at the breakfast table.

"Who was, sweetie?"

"Melissa, your lawyer. She was very pretty."

I smiled and couldn't help but agree with my daughter's assessment. The first day I'd walked into her office, I'd realised she was a beautiful woman. Long raven-black hair. Gorgeous blue eyes. Rather pale, which I didn't mind. She wore thin glasses that simply framed her pretty face. A pair of lips that already had me wondering what it would be like to kiss every day. She was shorter than I was and rather slim. Didn't have the largest chest but I'd checked out her legs more than once. And she did have a pert little butt.

Physically, she was gorgeous, but it was her personality that had me wondering. Bill hadn't told me everything, just that she'd been left badly hurt and her trust in people had been completely broken. I'd put my trust in her, though, and she'd come through with flying colours. In fact, she seemed to take my case personally, another sign that perhaps what I was enduring was something she'd experienced herself.

"Daddy?" I looked across the table at Katie. "When you're divorced, what will you do?"

"Focus on you two for a while. I'm hurting but I know you are too."

"She's a bitch," Hannah muttered.

I wanted to agree, but I didn't want to be the one to ruin the relationship mother and daughter shared. Claire was more than capable of fucking up her own relationships. "Melissa suggested you two go to therapy due to everything. It will look better when you sit in court and explain who you want to stay with and why." Both shared a glance and looked ready to argue. "Girls, would I suggest it if it was going to backfire on me?"

They both smiled. "No, Daddy," Hannah replied.

"Melissa has my and your best interests at heart. If she thinks talking to someone about all of this will work, then we should trust her."

"You like her, Daddy," Katie stated, almost a knowing smile.

"You think she's pretty," Hannah added.

"Finish your breakfast and get ready for school."

"Daddy likes Melissa," they both sang. I tried glaring at them but it didn't work as we all started laughing.

I didn't hear from Claire for the next couple of days, and left the house early on Saturday to take the girls to netball. Bill kept me informed of what was going on at the house and what she was taking. I made sure she was gone before I returned home. She'd written each of us a latter, asking the girls to actually read it before throwing it away. My letter was full of the usual bullshit, though she actually admitted that our marriage was over and she wasn't going to fight it too much. She thought it was blackmail but realised nearly every we had done was legal.

Calling Melissa that night, I was left thinking she was pleased to hear from me. "How about getting that coffee tomorrow?" I finally asked after talking about nothing important for a few minutes.

"I'd love to. Where and what time?"

"Well, I can head closer to you, if you'd like."

"There's a little coffee shop five minutes from where I live that I adore. Meet me there around 11am. I'll send you the details."

"Cool. Just got your message. I'll see you then."

The girls were pleased to hear I was heading out for coffee, seeing me off at the door the next morning, each of them giving me a kiss on the cheek, wishing me luck. Telling them it's just coffee, they giggled and told me it was a coffee date. And, if I was smart, coffee dates would turn into proper dates. When I retorted, stating I wouldn't do that until my divorce was finalised, they told me that it was about time I started living my own life.

In a way, I guess they were right.

Melissa was waiting for me outside the coffee shop. Standing up, I'd never seen her in a dress before. I'm fairly sure I stared at her for a few seconds, long enough that she got a little self-conscious. Stepping towards her, she was ready for the embrace. Feeling her head resting against my chest, I pulled her a little tighter.

"Now this is nice," she whispered.

"Thanks for meeting me. Are you thirsty?"

"I'll never say no to coffee and a piece of cake."

After buying two coffees and two slices of cake, we ate outside as the sun was out and far warmer than inside the café. Though we did chat a little bit about the divorce, I spent more time attempting to get to know her better. She tried fobbing off most of my questions before she finally sighed and moved her seat closer. "Hold me," she whispered in such a tone, I wanted to hold and protect her from a world that had clearly damaged her.

She took a deep breath before she told me everything. The life shared with her best friend. Meeting and the life she'd started with her husband. Then the job she did and the fact she was working long hours, but her husband had always stated he understood, and when she wasn't working, her focus was entirely on him. But it was walking into the bedroom they shared to find him and her best friend in bed that destroyed her.

The fact there was no apology. In fact, they both blamed her for forcing them together. He said he was lonely. She claimed it started as just sex before they finally said they'd fallen in love with each other. Melissa admitted she just fell apart. The two people she'd trusted most had stabbed her in the back and taken a dump on everything she'd believed in.

Divorce was obviously the only option. She didn't want to remain where they lived so moved out. She heard that, within a month, her best friend had moved in with him. Apart from seeing her at the divorce proceedings, she hadn't seen nor spoken to her again. She never spoke to her husband again, any communication going through her lawyer.

Then she started to cry in my arms. "They actually invited me to their fucking wedding!" she exclaimed, thankfully it was into my chest so mostly muffled, "The sheer audacity of throwing their relationship into my face like that. The fact so many of our friends attended and supporter their union showed me where their loyalties lay. I cut so many people out of my life..."

"And now you don't trust anyone," I stated softly.

"I don't want to be hurt again that badly. I'd rather not put myself out there, but it's left me feeling very lonely. Apart from family, I have a few colleagues I can perhaps trust, but I've been single since my divorce. That was a few years ago now. I try not to remember anything about it. Anything to do with that part of my life ended up in the bin."

She stood up and disappeared, as I could see her tears had ruined her faint make-up. She returned a couple of minutes later with another coffee, sitting close to me again. She took my hand and placed it on her thigh. "I'm not ready to date again, Mark, but just being touched like you are now is enough to set me off."

I met her eyes and we both chuckled. I certainly understood how she felt. "Yeah, been a while for me too. Well, I haven't made love in a long time anyway."

We finished our second coffee, moving on to discuss anything other than our divorces. She asked plenty of questions about my daughters, admitting she found them absolutely adorable. I admitted that my daughters had like her, though she was rather pretty, and wondered if their father was interested in dating.

"I can't," she whispered, "And not because you're my client..."

"What about a friend?"

"Not sure I can do that either, because..." She met my eyes and blushed, and I knew what she wanted to say.

As she only lived five minutes away, I took her hand and escorted her home. She lived in a small but modern apartment complex. We stopped at the main door leading into the building. She smiled at me, stating she'd enjoyed our conversation, even if it was difficult at times. Considering we were both going through the same thing, it was probably the first time she'd talked to someone who could understand what she'd gone through.

"You've got my number, Melissa. Call or text me at any time. I really won't mind."

"I might just take you up on that offer, Mark."

She leaned up to kiss my cheek before hugging me again. I'm fairly sure neither of us wanted to let the other person go. I wondered if she wanted to invite me up, even just for another coffee. But she eventually let me go, wished me well, and disappeared inside. Returning to my car, I felt good about our coffee date but was left wondering if she'd ever be able to move on completely. She was beautiful, intelligent, and despite the heartache, there was no missing she was a genuine and kind-hearted person.

We would message and call each other nearly every day over the next couple of months as our divorce waited to be processed. To my surprise, Claire didn't put up a fight, sticking by the agreement. She attempted to visit our daughters but they refused to meet her, and Claire had to abide by the restraining order otherwise.

Melissa did invite me for a coffee twice more before our day in court. By the third time I met her, she had styled her hair, applied a little make-up, and was dressed to impress. We had a couple of coffees, shared a piece of cake and a choc-chip muffin, and then walked hand in hand around a nearby park. Walking home afterwards, we stopped at the door leading into her doorway again.

I took a chance and leaned down to kiss her. When she kissed me back, I think we were both grinning by the end. But there was no invite upstairs. I didn't mind and certainly didn't blame her. I knew just spending time with me, and ending our date with a kiss, was a big deal for her. I was hoping to win not only her heart but her trust, but I had a feeling the second thing was going to be a lot more difficult than the first. There had been too much betrayal for her to have come out of the divorce mentally healthy.

Hannah and Katie were keeping track of my conversation and dates with Melissa. Returning home to find them lazing by the pool, I changed into my own swim shorts and dove in once I had my towel placed on a chair. I swam a few lengths before I joined them as they enjoyed the sun, lying back on their towels on the lawn.

"Good date, Daddy?" Hannah wondered

"Did you kiss her?" Katie asked.

"Yes and yes," I replied.

"Yet you're back already. That's a little disappointing."

"It's not always that simple, Hannah. And she knows I won't do anything more than what we're doing until the divorce is official anyway."

"But do you like her, Daddy?"

I smiled and nodded. "I do, girls. But I do worry about her being a possible rebound, though I haven't been in love with your mother for long enough now that I do feel ready to move on with my life as soon as the judge confirms the settlement."

Our day in court was soon upon us. I dressed in a suit, my girls looking gorgeous in their skirts and blouses, going so far as to style their hair, apply a little make-up, even wearing stockings and heels. I knew they wanted to look older for when they were asked to speak. As for Melissa, this was the day I'd see her in 'lawyer' mode properly. She looked stunning in her blazer, blouse and skirt, short heels not making her too much taller. Raven black hair hung to her shoulders, but as her eyes met mine, they positively dazzled me.

Watching her at work in court was a complete turn on. She controlled the room, and her opponent never stood a chance. The judge signed off on the agreement, Claire barely raising her voice as she lost her kids pretty much full-time and had to continue paying the mortgage on our house for the next ten years. I was surprised I got that, but as she made far more money, and the judge took into consideration her adultery, I was one of the few men who walked out of court a winner during such matters.

The meeting outside court was awkward. I could see Claire was devastated after hearing how much my daughters despised them, though I had little sympathy for her myself. At least she hadn't brought her lover with her and tried to flaunt it in my face. Her parents were polite and I assured them access to their grandchildren would never be limited.

As we were leaving the courthouse, Melissa asked me to join her back at her office. She disappeared as I asked my parents to take Hannah and Katie back home. Melissa was already in her office by the time I'd parked up and rode the elevator to her floor. Emily was expecting me, smiling in my direction and gesturing for me to enter.

What I didn't expect was to be leapt upon as soon as I closed the door behind me. Melissa grabbed my shirt and directed me over to the couch nearby, ensuring I was sat down before she straddled my lap. My hands immediately ended up on her arse as her tongue tried to venture down my throat at one stage. Moving my hands up, I took off her blazer before helping take off her blouse, leaving her in a lacey black bra. Her skirt was next to disappear, a pair of sheer black panties, black thigh highs and heels.

I had to ask, "Are you sure?"

"You're now a single man. Are you taking applications?"

"Melissa... I've wanted this since the first time I walked in here."

Her face lit up with a smile. "Me too," she whispered before kissing me again.

My shirt, trousers, shoes and socks joined her clothing on the floor. I would have loved to do everything and anything there and then, but I had a feeling we just wanted to make love, finally giving into temptation to join together. Freeing my cock from underneath the underwear I was wearing, I was soon naked on the couch, taking off her bra and kissing down to her breasts.

"Yes," she hissed, gripping the back of my head as I practically suckled at both her nipples.

Helping take off her panties, they were soaking wet. As soon as she felt my cock touch her, she almost jolted off my lap, smiling as she ran her pussy along my shaft more than once. Then she lifted herself up and I felt my cock at her entrance, watching her bite her lip, almost unsure of herself at the final moment.

Caressing her cheek, her eyes closed and she smiled again. Then I felt her slowly sink down on my cock. She was like a furnace, dripping wet at the same time. Lubrication definitely wasn't going to be an issue as I soon found my entire length buried inside her. Hands on my shoulders, she gazed into my eyes as she rode me, leaning forward to kiss her, her hands moving to wrap around my body.

"Fuck," I groaned.

"Oh god," she moaned.

I easily lifted her up and turned us around, resting her back so her head was on a couple of cushions. I started to slowly thrust into her, watching her face light up, gazing down her slim body to watch my cock disappear inside her, dark, trimmed hair above her pussy.

"Don't stop," she whimpered.

Kissing her again, our tongues were playful as her fingers started to dig into my back. Feeling her shuffle underneath me, the angle changed and she broke the kiss to cry out. Emily would definitely know we were making love by now.

Meeting her eyes, there was no doubting how she felt about me. I'm fairly sure I would already be looking at her with a similar look in mine. "Are you safe?" I had to ask.

"Never stopped taking them," she moaned, "Keeps me regular."

Good thing I asked as I filled her pussy with cum within a couple of minutes. I think it was just what we needed, both of us breathing heavily. Realising my cock wasn't exactly going soft, she giggled as I resumed thrusting into her. "Make me cum again," she whispered.

So I licked my thumb and lowered it down to her clit. She went off like a firecracker within a few minutes. She was so loud, I actually heard Emily state by the door that Miss Bonny was currently in a very important meeting and couldn't be disturbed.

"I'll be done soon," she moaned loudly, "Just... taking a few more... notes... with my favourite client..."

"Might have to retain your services just so I can visit," I suggested.

She giggled before we kissed again. Pushing me back, I sat down against as she straddled my lap, immediately riding me hard and fast. When she had yet another orgasm, I just had to wonder why anyone would have given up this sexual dynamo. She clearly loved sex and I could only hope this would happen regularly going forward.