Sweetest of Hearts - Melissa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took me a while to cum again, but when I did, she stopped riding me as she cuddled into my chest, my fingers caressing her back. "I think we both needed that," she whispered.

We were both a little awkward as we cleaned ourselves up and got dressed. She definitely had that freshly fucked look, and her office certainly carried that musky scent of sex. I don't think she really cared as we sat at her desk, going over the final bits of paperwork. With the divorce settlement signed, she escorted me to her door. Opening it, she kissed me in view of everyone in the offices outside.

"Thank you for your services, Miss Bonny."

"No problem, Mark. It was my pleasure."

Little did I know that I wouldn't see her again for months. She rarely took my calls. Barely replied to any messages. And, as I said, I never saw her. I wasn't going to stalk her apartment or anything. Maybe that one time of intimacy was all she could handle. After a couple of months, I slowly gave up and decided to enjoy myself. My girls could see I was upset with what happened with Melissa so pushed me to go out and start dating.

Over the next six months, I enjoyed time with an old friend, Suzy, who was happy to have a friend with benefits relationship. Another woman, Tanya, worked at the same company as my wife. I knew her from the occasional function I'd attended, and she was very eager to get me into bed. Though I didn't actually care, she kept me up to date with what the ex-wife was doing. There were also the mothers who had spent months flirting with me at my daughters' netball who now knew I was single, and they were not shy in coming forward.

But I never forgot Melissa through all that, but if she wanted nothing to do with me, I guess I simply had to find someone else I felt that sort of connection with. I honestly thought that perhaps, just perhaps, I could have been the man who helped her get better and maybe share a life. Foolish old me, I thought.

*****

Melissa

I love him. I'm in love with him. I haven't felt this level of love for anyone except maybe my parents.

I can admit that I love him. It's why I slept with him that afternoon back at my office. I'd loved him from the day he walked into my office. I'd wanted to sleep with him since our first coffee date. The first time I kissed him, I'm still not sure how I sent him packing afterwards. I was desperate to take him upstairs, strip us both naked and just offer my body. But there's still that part of me that's completely broken.

But I needed to show him intimacy. He was such a good man. He hadn't deserved what he'd endured. He deserved all the love and affection someone could give him. But I just wasn't capable of giving him that permanently. So I resolved that I'd give him a memorable afternoon, something to hold onto. I could look into his eyes and see he felt the same way about me. I knew he found me attractive, appreciated my intelligence, and had loved the support I'd given him the entire time.

Making love with him had been wonderful. After more than five years of celibacy, I was flowing like the Niagara by the time he finally slid his cock inside me. It was the best sex I could remember. My ex-husband had never made me cum like that. I'm still not sure how I didn't end up a sobbing mess while riding him.

He left with a smile and no doubt hope that he'd see me again soon.

I rarely answered his calls. My messages back to him were perfunctory at best. And I never saw him, not for at least six months. There were two reasons why. The first was that I was in love with him and didn't know how to handle it. I'd hardened my heart after what had been done to me, and though I loved him, there was still too much suspicion. He was a good man, but I wasn't sure if I could ever completely trust him. The second was that he deserved his time to have fun. I knew he was a handsome, popular man. I knew how many women wanted him.

So I let him go and have his fun. I knew he probably felt guilt at times, but his daughters had admitted that he was a very popular man, that so many wanted to help mend his heart, or at least take his mind off everything going on in his life when he was at his lowest.

But he never stopped messaging me, at least. Even if he was off having fun, he'd still message to ask if I was okay nearly every single day, that he would be with me if I ever asked him to be, even if it was only as a friend. Reading those words made me cry every single time, as I knew I was self-sabotaging, that if I found it in my heart and mind to let go of the pain, that perhaps I'd find love again.

Six months after that time together in our office, I was at my desk when I opened my phone to another message from him.

I'm not sure what I did wrong, Melissa, but I miss your presence in my life. Even though it was only for a few months, you made me feel wonderful while the life that I knew was otherwise collapsing. I miss you and I know you miss me. I understand that you want to keep distance, but I won't give up on you, and if there is the possibility of an us, then I'll do whatever I can to make it happen.

Just know there are people out there who you can trust, and there are people out there who love you as the person you are. You are a wonderful human being, Melissa Bonny. And I miss you being in my life. Remember that you don't have to be alone. Whenever you're ready, I'll be there to take you back in my arms, and I won't let you go again.

I broke down into tears. Emily walked into my office to find me sobbing, not for the first time in the past six months. She took my phone and read the message.

"For crying out loud, Mel. He loves you. Pull your head out of your arse and go to him. Tell him how you feel. Grab life by the horns and finally find someone who is willing to give all they love they have to you."

"He needs someone not broken..."

"So let him help heal you, Mel. Get your arse into therapy to deal with your problems." She handed me my phone back. "But he's just laid his heart out on the lie, Mel. I've met the man more than once. He's handsome. Has a heart of gold. And it's obvious from that message that he loves you. He didn't say it in those words, but it's been six months and he hasn't given up on you yet."

"I don't deserve him."

"Bullshit. That is absolute fucking bullshit and it's about time I finally said it." I lifted my head, blinking at her in surprise. "Melissa, you're one of the best people I know. But you're so fucking broken, you simply don't recognise a good thing when it's staring in your face. So I'm going to do it for you. First, you're going to therapy about your problems. I know one who works in the building across the road. I'll set up a meeting with a therapist from next week. I know more than one who owes me a favour. Second, you're leaving this office right now, going home to change, then you're driving to his house, and you're going to tell him how you feel. Third, you're taking tomorrow off because you're going to be spending all day in bed with him as, to be honest, you definitely need to be fucked into a coma, and as tomorrow is Friday, I don't expect to hear from you until you walk in here on Monday morning."

I blinked at her in surprise. In all the years Emily had worked for me, she'd barely raised her voice. The glare she returned told me she was actually rather pissed off at me. "I should fire you for meddling," I muttered.

"But you won't because you know I'm right. And within a month, I'll have a beautiful bouquet of flowers on my desk because you'll be thanking me for giving you the kick up the arse you need, because despite what you think, there are a lot of people in your corner who love you. Now, it's nearly 5pm. I'm sure he'll be finishing around the same time. It'll give you plenty of time to quickly go home, doll yourself up, then head to his house."

I knew I wasn't going to win this argument. I might be a demon in a court room but everyone knew my private life was a mess or just non-existent, depending on what they knew about me. With a sigh, I closed my laptop and grabbed my bag. Before I left, I stopped and gave Emily a hug.

"Good luck, sweetie," she whispered, "We're all rooting for you."

Arriving home, I immediately stripped and headed into the shower, washing myself down before shaving all the important areas. I didn't shave my pussy, I remembered Mark had loved seeing my hair nice and trimmed, so I just groomed that area. I remembered he loved seeing me in a dress whenever we'd met for coffee. He also loved red on me, so I chose a red dress that dropped as far as my lower thigh while accentuating my curves and bust. I couldn't do much with my hair, and then decided on a simply ponytail. After applying a little make-up, I looked in the mirror and liked what I saw.

The drive there was nerve-wracking as I wondered how he was going to react to me just arriving on his doorstep. Pulling up outside his house, the lights were on and his car was in the driveway. The house still looked gorgeous, lawn was mowed, garden still colourful.

Approaching the front door, I took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. I heard one of his daughters shout she would get it. The door opened and she immediately smiled at me. I thought she'd be angry but she put a finger to her lips and motioned me to walk inside.

"Who is it, sweetheart?"

"Someone's here to see you, Daddy," Hannah replied. "Good luck," she whispered before disappearing into the kitchen.

Mark appeared in the doorway and came to a halt. Before he could say a word, I ran towards him while bursting into tears. Feeling his arms wrap around me only made me cry even more. I hadn't even cried this much when discovering my ex-husband and best friend. That had just left me feeling numb.

"I love you," I whispered, "I love you so much. I'm so, so sorry."

"It's okay, Melissa," he whispered back, "I'm sorry for..."

"No, it wasn't you at all. But I need to know if you love me. Do you love me?"

"I fell in love with you during those few months, Melissa. I thought that would have been obvious." He paused before adding, "Melissa, I've..."

"I don't care about that, Mark." I lifted my head from his chest, closing my eyes as his thumb wiped my cheeks. "I cut you off and didn't tell you anything. But that message you sent earlier... Emily gave me a kick up the arse."

"You might have cut me off but she kept me in the loop. I think the woman deserves a raise."

"What smells good?"

"I was making dinner. You're welcome to join us."

"Please join us, Miss Bonny," Hannah stated, Katie echoing her twin sisters' plea.

How could I say no to that? Taking a seat at the table, his twin daughters sat to one side. After Mark served up, he sat next to me. When he took my hand in his, I almost started to cry again. His two girls filled any silences with plenty of chatter, and they had me laughing more than once. If they were ten years younger, they'd have been called precocious. But they also never stopped smiling. When I glanced at Mark, he looked at me and I saw that look in his eyes.

I knew, in that moment, how he felt about me.

He was in love with me too.

I wondered if I'd interrupted daddy-daughter time that evening, but the two girls happily disappeared to one of their rooms, leaving me with Mark in the living room. I was partial to spirit rather than wine, so when he offered me a glass of scotch with ice, I could only say yes. Sitting next to me on the couch, I started to apologise again. He stopped that by kissing me again.

"You're here now, Melissa. That's all I've wanted these last six months."

"Did they know I existed?"

"I let them know that nothing would be serious, and that if you ever returned my interest, I'd put everything I could into ensuring you wanted me in return."

"Can you forgive me?"

"Nothing to forgive, Melissa. It's taken a little longer than I hoped, but I want to make this work. But you have to want it to work too."

I sipped at my drink before replying. "I'm going to start going to therapy. I want to trust you, Mark. You've done nothing to not make me trust you. But I can't help it. They just broke me completely."

"Want me to come with you sometimes?"

"Would you do that for me?"

"If the therapist thinks it'll help. Hell, I could probably do with talking to someone about what happened to me too."

"Can I stay the night?"

"Melissa, you're staying here until Monday morning. I'm calling in sick tomorrow, then you're spending the weekend here."

"I'm glad you said that, as there's a bag of things in my car."

He offered to get the bag, following him to his bedroom as he placed the bag by a chest of drawers. His eyes met mine and I knew what he was thinking. He strode towards me and kissed me again, his tongue sliding into my mouth. I couldn't hold back the whimper as my hands travelled underneath his t-shirt, feeling the firm body underneath.

"My girls know I fool around occasionally but I don't like them to hear," he whispered, "They're old enough to understand so I'll just ask them to put on a movie or music. Will that embarrass you?"

"No... But how are they with..."

"They know I love you, Melissa. That's all that matters."

He disappeared so I quickly took off all my clothing, reclining on his bed in just a lacey red bra, panties, garter, suspenders and stockings. When he reappeared a couple of minutes later, his eyes completely lit up. Stripping off his t-shirt and shorts, he glanced down at his underwear. Moving to sit on the edge of the bed, he smiled when I moved to sit on my knees on the floor.

"I haven't given a blowjob in..."

"You don't..."

"I want to, Mark. I really want to. And if you taste nice enough, I'll even swallow."

Slowly lowering his underwear, his cock popped free and it was as big as I remembered. Taking the base of the shaft, I just looked at it first before I ran my tongue up and down, appreciating the groan he released. Meeting his eyes, I wrapped my lips around his thick shaft and felt a wave of wetness in my panties. There was just something about the man that turned me on.

"That's it, gorgeous," he murmured, his fingers running through my hair, "I'll return the favour shortly. I wanted to eat your pussy that time in the office, but you were a little eager for something else."

I didn't reply, focusing on taking as much of his cock as possible. I'd never been able to deepthroat, using my hand to pleasure whatever wasn't in my mouth, and I knew that playing with his balls would also help. Once I got to know him better, I'd ask if he like a finger or two up the butt. Most men were a little funny about anal play, but if he was open-minded, he'd realise it would make blowjobs even better.

The look in his eyes as he gazed down at me was a mixture of love and lust. I almost started to cry again, realising what I could have thrown away if he'd met someone else. I'd been just what he needed at the worst time of his life, and I knew he was just what I needed to help fix me. I needed to the love of someone like him to help me finally men my broken spirit.

"Fuck," he grunted, and I knew he was getting close, "In your mouth?" he asked politely.

I nodded, ensuring there was a smile in my eyes. His fingers did grip my hair a little tighter, not enough to hurt. It made me smile, making me feel slightly submissive in a way. Not that I was, but I knew he needed to cum, and I wanted him to cum in my mouth.

"Oh fuck!" he groaned, crying out as I felt that first spurt of hot, thick cum flood my mouth. I tasted it and I was surprised at the fact it's wasn't horrible. Before I knew it, a second spurt meant I needed to start swallowing. When I did, I couldn't help moan. I'd never done such a thing for any ex-boyfriend or ex-husband, but for some reason, I didn't hesitate with Mark.

Maybe that was a sign of how much I loved him.

As soon as he was empty, he pulled his cock away and helped me up so I was sitting on the edge of the bed. I certainly didn't expect him to immediately kiss me, and it was one hell of a kiss. Would have blown my socks off if I was wearing them. Instead, I looked at him in surprise when he finally pulled away. He grinned before asking, "I'm guessing you're surprised?"

"I reckon most men wouldn't kiss after they'd cum in their lovers' mouth."

"Well, if you're willing to swallow, I can kiss you and accept that the taste will be in your mouth and on your tongue."

I ended up on my back again as he sat on his knees and gazed at my body. I always thought I might be too slim, that my breasts were not were not big enough, all the insecurities a woman of my age might have. But the fact his cock was getting hard again told me all I needed to know.

"Can I take a photo of you?" he asked softly, "Just for me."

"Take more than one."

I ended up modelling him for the next half an hour as it was his way of getting everything off, and I mean everything. Though he loved everything I was in, it was obvious he wanted me as nude as he was. He showed me the photos he took and I never felt as beautiful and sexy in my life. "Now you know what I see," he whispered, seeming to read my mind.

Then he laid me down and his mouth and fingers explored my body. My god, the man seemed to know what he was doing. I'd had lovers before my previous husband, but they all paled into comparison. It seemed he was spending this first time trying to find any erogenous zone on my body, keeping them in mind for next time. He lavished my breasts with attention, telling me they were perfect. He figured out how sensitive my nipples were, sending jolts of pleasure down to my pussy.

He worshipped my body, kissing all the way down to my toes. Then he finally moved to my pussy. He actually inhaled my scent and groaned. "Fuck," he stated, "My god, Melissa..."

"What?"

"I'm doing this every night for the rest of our lives."

If he kept his word, I was going to die a happy old lady in the future. I learned very quickly that the man could eat pussy. That's when I simply had to exclaim, "Jesus wept, your ex-wife was a stupid bitch."

That made him stop and look up at me with a smirk. "Her loss is your gain, Miss Bonny."

"Make me cum, lover boy," I cooed, "Then I want a repeat of what we did in the office."

"I'm sending you to work on Monday morning feeling very tender."

I shuddered at the thought, then shuddered again as he got to work on my pussy. He slowly got me going. His fingers found that special spot of mine and as soon as he started to gently figure out how to pleasure my clit, he guaranteed my orgasm and I knew that was it. I was his and he was mine.

Then he made me orgasm again and again, and I lost track of any real thoughts except I wanted this man like no-one else on earth. He finally relented only when I tapped his head, managing to find the words, asking him to stop. He did so immediately but slowly kissed back up my body. I needed to wipe my eyes so I could see him properly. When my vision was cleared, I found him gazing down at me with a smile I recognised. He was happy.

Spreading my legs and making sure I felt his cock pressing against me, I never averted my eyes as he slowly sank inside me. I hadn't been with anyone except him since that afternoon, my smile matching his own as he was buried rather quickly.

"I love you," I whispered, "We have a lot to talk about later."

"Such as?"

"Our relationship."

He started to slowly thrust and, my god, where was he years ago? I knew he was thirty-three. I was two years younger. He obviously had two kids but I wondered if he had any interest in more. I had all these thoughts flooding my mind as we made love. Would he want me to move in with him? I'd do it next weekend as I knew I'd feel lonely back at my apartment. How would his daughters react to me being around all the time?