All Comments on 'Switch - Flip Side'

by rawallace

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Pulling back from the brink

They chose wisely.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Just using a row of asterisks wasn't enough to tell us that the narrator switched to Brett. I figured it out by the context. Multiple 1st person POVs is kludgy.

"I was sure based upon past experience with women I could seduce her. - His past experiences were with women on the prowl.

I HATE the blackmail that Brett fears: If Trudy threatens to tell Linda that he showed Trudy his cock and let her hold it (with no proof, though I don't think he could lie!), he'll FUCK Trudy?

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Good read.

Enjoyed the story.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago

Interesting. It was a good story, and showed the difference of how men(probably some women also) think. Some think sex is just a physical action, while others understand that there is an emotional connection that changes sex into making love. That attitude could be a big reason why some people cheat - they don't understand why having sex with someone other than your partner can cause so much harm.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Story is good

I think the story was good.

@sbrooks .... "a row of asterisks not enough".... it's always been enough every other story. You always whine or wonder about something insignificant.

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 4 years ago
Much easier to read than Switch, but ...

Since you were writing from the man's point of view, we don't know why Linda went as far with Gary as she did.

Have you re-written that story? That's what you need to do.

rawallacerawallacealmost 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments

All, Thank you so much for the feedback. It is all very useful. My real fear with this attempt was that I was not even close to what a man might feel like in each situation as as characterized by Gary and Brett. Not only in relationship to women but also in relationship to each other as males. Gary came out being less likeable than I expected.

I see I am still struggling with making a good transition between characters. I am really going to have to pay attention to this in the future, so those comments are particularly helpful.

Truth be told, I had submitted a revised version of Switch (Switch (Revised)) over two weeks ago and wanted it to be republished before putting Switch- The Flip Side out. As it turned out I apparently didn't hold off long enough as Switch (Revised) is still showing as pending. I made changes to respond to the wonderful, helpful comments I received on that submission. My apologies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It was a good effort.

The only part that didn't make sense is why Linda had any interest in the asshole next door. Maybe I overestimate women, but I've never accepted that an intelligent woman would fuck up her marriage for a roll in the hay with a douche bag. Yeah, I know you think there are a lot of intelligent women who fuck around. I would accept that maybe they used to be intelligent, but fucking up your life and being intelligent are mutually exclusive.

It was also kind of lame that the husband would allow Trudy to touch his cock. That was juvenile and also didn't fit his personality.

But it was still an interesting read. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: I really enjoyed this story!

So different for a change, on this site, and in LW!

Very happy the couple that did everything together, (Linda and her husband), and worked hard at pleasing each other, lasted through the long haul!

This, while the cheater, Gary and his wife Trudy, another cheater, obviously didn't respect each other, nor themselves, very much. But then, when married, and both spouses know the both are cheaters...and a player...what is left to respect, or trust? Without those two key ingredients in a marriage...there is no marriage, not even a fulcrum left, to base a marriage upon...Why it so quickly crumbles into dust...and blows away, disintegrating in the sands of time and life, in the first strong dry winds that whistle through, and whip-up dust devils, just above the ground. Just like Trudy and Gary found out, the hard way!

This was an excellent story, written from a prospective, and angle or view-point, rarely seen here on this site, and particularly in LW!

I don't care what others say in comments here Rachael, you just keep on writing when you get a good story idea, write it out as best you can, edit, proof it, and when you feel the final draft, is as good as you can write/get it...post it here!

I for one, am going to be watching for any further stories you post here! Waiting to read more of your good writing and seeing what you come-up with, next!

Good job, very good story and premise/plot! Very well written! Here...HERE!

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 4 years ago
Good story

Love conquers in the end even after being tempted. Five*****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
sorry

what? putting them BOTH as close but not actually having intercourse is somehow a win for the couple?!? sorry, no.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

I enjoyed your story and characters. Linda and Brett were tempted, but both avoided cheating very narrowly. Trudy and Gary ended as all cheaters eventually do. Well done.

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 4 years ago
Looking forward to reading Switch (revised)

Your foray into writing from a male perspective was fine; there are as many male perspectives as there are men.

Gary showing Trudy his cock was lame, but doesn't torpedo the entire story. Switch probably illuminated why Linda cheated. She may have stopped before actual intercourse, but she definitely cheated. Here to, that makes the story; it doesn't ruin it.

Keep writing. Your stories have potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
didn't care for it at all

You wrote them as a loving couple yet she is so easily taken in by Gary and he also by Trudy. As written there was no way Gary would even get in the house and the husband would have brought up the flirting well before she got him at the hotel.

Both are weak and "cheaters" and there will be a next time, especially for her.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Boy have you come a long way as a writer since you posted this two part series. This one was better than some commenters gave you credit. Looks like you ran into the BTB crowd and any hint of infidelity on a woman’s part must be dealt with in the harshest possible way. Not so much for males fooling around. Beware the double standard. 🙂

Thanks for the stories I really enjoy your work.

Cheers

SAGE

sf_operative63sf_operative63almost 3 years ago

Great read. well done.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

In the words of the music from Dragnet

Dumb

Dumb

Dumb

Dumb

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Who is the father of Linda’s child? Dumb author!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrawallace@rawallace
UPDATE: It has been a while since I last published a story here. I've returned to the sci-fi genre this time with a short story I hope you will enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments both favorable and not so favorable. I appreciate them all. I enjoy reading a wide variet...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Switch Previous Part
Switch Series Info