All Comments on 'Switched Ch. 04'

by DickMarks

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
tex4tgtex4tgover 4 years ago
That was awesome.

Really good story . Can't wait to see what happens next .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Really enjoyed reading! Thanks for writing and posting, wish there was a pt. 5 to finish up jessicas story but look forward to more of the world!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Umm...

Yeah. That was an awesome story. Kind of interested in seeing what Jessica meant when she said "It's all mine." Would really love to see her and Bryan get revenge on her/Chase's conniving father for attempting to have his son killed. Also that bitch Desiree needs to be dealt with.

DickMarksDickMarksover 4 years agoAuthor

There is definitely more to come! This seemed like a natural stopping point for the story but I've got lots more planned!

When Jessica said, "it's all mine," she meant her body. I added a bit in the next section to clarify that.

cdangelcdangelover 4 years ago
Aw you ended it

Lol that was abrupt."its all mine" Still, great series! Love the characters and the world you've created. Cant wait for Tawney's story. Kudos! :)

jackie_emjackie_emover 4 years ago
Another switch

Given that Jessica and Bryan have had sex and that Bryan had her switch with him during her period, maybe they should switch and have Chase in Bryan's body have sex with Bryan in Jessica's body.

DickMarksDickMarksover 4 years agoAuthor

I like the way y'all think! It's shocking that anyone would think I would stop this story series without lots of switch-sex! Stay tuned!

cdangelcdangelover 4 years ago
Ok Im curious now

Lol I thought it was over. Seeing how Desirae and the Senator opened Chase's eyes to what really mattered the most, Im curious as to how you would continue her story. Jessica seems too sweet hearted and finally comfortable in her own "skin" to need revenge. The Senator or Desirae would need to do something monumentally stupid to bring her back. Either way, Im a fan and anxiously waiting for whatever comes next. :)

DickMarksDickMarksover 4 years agoAuthor

I am shocked that anyone thinks I'd be able to resist writing about Switch sex. :)

ZBSKRNZBSKRNover 4 years ago

This was easily one of the best stores I have read on this site. Looking forward to seeing the sequel. Thank you for sharing.

PS since you asked I feel nothing hurts those with per than becoming powerless

BrendaNWBrendaNWover 4 years ago
Exciting and intense

Thank you, I have loved your story series about Jessica/Chase and Bryan and of course Tawney. It has been an emotional rollercoaster ride through adventure and romance and I have hung on every bit. I was hoping that they were headed back to see Tawney and that the three of them would end up living and loving together as a triple marriage. Multiple partner marriage was legalized along with same sex marriage as varients started to emerge as a way of helping promote survival of humans as a species. TG Tiffany the romantic :) xoxo

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Captivated me 👍

A new to me variation of a out of body gender- bender story with suspension, romance, action, and much more that I can’t think of at this moment. Loved it all and await the next chapter for these characters...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great!

Great take on best friends become lovers!

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
Love the story, but...

It really gets to me, deep down, that someone would REALLY TRULY believe that being a Republican means you hate everyone who is different from you. I mean, I get it... It helps Democratic candidates get elected when they can make this out to be an Us vs Them thing where Them is just a bunch of racist, homophobic, xenophobic haters. That I can deal with, because it's just some unthinking talking head on TV. When it is an author I would prefer to like as a person because I really do like what they write, it just makes my heart ache.

I'm never going to think I could ever have the slightest feeling of what it was like for people during the civil rights movement, but it really hurts to have some amorphous "half of America" hate me simply because I believe that every bit of control we give the government over our lives causes our lives to be worse. Instead of that simple justification for my politics, I am instead believed to have chosen a political party because I hate people who aren't white, or male, or heterosexual, or Christian.

And don't try to act like I'm the "exception to the rule", because I have met EXCEEDINGLY few actual racists and homophobes. As a matter of fact, the only times I ever met people who were racist was as a kid, talking to my great uncle, who was old enough to have fought in WWII and died in the early 90's, and once on a drug deal trying to find some coke (just so you know, that was a youthful indescretion, and I am ~20yrs clean). You would think at least one racist would make a sideways remark of a racist nature at these Republican political rallies if even a small percentage were racist. No reason to suppress their racism when they are among fellow travelers, right?

It's getting to the point where I am starting to wonder if all the racists aren't actually at the Democratic rallies. They are the ones who are making the sweeping generalizations about a whole group of people. Just because the evening news is telling you that the sweeping generalization is true doesn't make it any less of a sweeping generalization. The News used to report that black people were less than human from, well, the beginning of the African slave trade until only about 60 or 70 years ago. They were wrong then, and they are wrong now. No one deserves to be characterized like this. It makes me feel sick inside, and it actually makes me want to just give in and hate all the people who say such hurtful things about me and millions of other people who "vote wrong".

Another group of random things to consider: Almost all politicians are evil. Some might be racist, many are abusive, and a few might want to change politics in a country enough that they can completely seize power. Voting for a politician doesn't immediately make you a party to his or her failings as a human being, and simply being in the same party as a scummy person doesn't mean you are similarly scummy. The way people interpret the lawyerspeak in a bill before Congress so that it is somehow proof of their hate of (insert marginalized group here) is a classic method of garnering opposition for that bill. It is also often used to make the sponsoring party "that evil group of people" in the next election. The thing is, that COULD be done in both directions, but Republicans in charge are either too dumb or honorable to use that tactic against the Democrats. Yeah, I am actually at the point where I really wish Republicans would start trying to paint Democrats with the "(S)HE'S A RACIST" brush just so they get a chance to understand how I feel.

Look, they are your stories, and you are welcome to your own prejudices. I wish there were no racists, sexists, homophobes, deiphobes, and politiphobes (pretty sure this isn't a word) out there, but in the USA having the right to speak your mind is one of the things that makes this country one of the best places to live on this planet... Even if there are a very small minority who truly say evil things. Sadly, it is getting to the point where I can hardly read anything without feeling like I am being unfairly vilified. Could you please take our feelings under consideration when you are writing fiction? It's a fictitious world, so why can't the evil hater politician belong to the Anti-Freak League party instead of a real political group?

DickMarksDickMarksabout 4 years agoAuthor

IlliterateScholar, thank you for your thoughtful and civil comments. If more of us discussed these issues this way, we'd all be better off. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer in this story.

The fact is, I agree with a lot of republican values. I just don't think the party reflects those values any more, not really. In fact, it's pretty clear to me that neither party gives a damn about their constituents at all. They obey their biggest donors and no one else. So yes, Sen. McKenna is awful and he's a republican, but he represents the leadership and not the voters.

I'm asking you to hang in there with me, Friend. The story isn't done yet, and there are twists and turns ahead.

Thanks for reading.

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
I don't think you understand the point of my post

It isn't a matter of whether you think the leadership doesn't represent the base, it is that you think the things said about the leadership are true. I pointed out that practically all people who reach for power are evil... Maybe I should have phrased that differently. All people who reach for power WANT power over others. That doesn't necessarily make them horrendously evil people, but anyone who wants power is already suspicious in my book. My point is that, regardless of how guilty leadership of the Republican party is of whatever crimes they are accused of, those accusations are bleeding over onto all Republicans. Adding another "evil Republican" in your story makes it THAT MUCH WORSE.

The thing is, it isn't Republican leadership that is being racist. On the contrary, it is Democratic leadership and every person who shows up at a rally that is supposed to be helping "Black America" by fighting a law that strengthens or upholds some form of Welfare program. To me, that is the absolute height of racism: assuming that people who have black skin are the only ones who are poor. Why is it that Republicans get called out for racism any time they try to change a bill that involves a government handout? We aren't the ones telling people that the only people who benefit from those handouts are minorities. To be honest, the ethnic distribution of "the poor" is probably almost identical to that of the "middle class". And yet, it is Democrats who jump to the conclusion that a Republican cost-savings plan is "RACIST!", immediately assuming that minorities are incapable of standing on their feet without the help of government handouts.

Look, I'm probably going to keep reading the story. I'll just chalk your inability to understand the continuing damage you are contributing to in this country's political landscape to the constant propaganda on TV and the internet. Keep continuing the same tactic of separating white people from black people, men from women, straight people from gay people, religious people from atheists and other religious people, native-born people from immigrants, until racism, sexism, homophobia, deiphobia, and xenophobia actually blossom into a truly horrific problem. The act of telling one group of people that they hate another, or that another group of people hates them is an easy way to separate people to get votes, but it is also the fastest way to cause those divides that bring forth the "-isms" against which you are preaching. Oh, but, of course if you COULD separate people and foster a climate where racism became prominent, you would have those votes forever, wouldn't you?

I hope your story doesn't also find a way to foster that hate.

DickMarksDickMarksabout 4 years agoAuthor

Hi all, thanks for the comments! I appreciate your interest and am working hard to get more story written.

IlliterateScholar I'm happy to discuss politics further with you, but this isn't the venue. I think we should, in fact, if only so that we can discover we have more common ground than we originally thought. Let's take it to PM.

For the purposes of the story, we've only really met one actual politician, and he's terrible (and I've pointed out here that he doesn't represent his voters, meaning he's not a real Republican). We'll meet more politicians later, and perhaps you'll see I'm not painting a black and white picture here. I can't give you any more details without spoiling my own story, so again I'm asking you to hang in there and see where the story goes.

I'm trying to tell an interesting story. It is not my objective to condemn any political parties or damage the political landscape. If I were to introduce a supervillain, for instance, I've got to make him or her some ethnicity, and I hope I can just select one without being accused of condemning said ethnicity.

Blackpaw29Blackpaw29over 3 years ago

Incredible ending for this part of the story, I loved it - tied up plot strands nicely, while opening up new intrigues forward. Very curious to see where you go with Tawney and I'd love to see Chase/Jessica and Brian link up with other Variants, especially the bird one.

I suspect that Chase was a Variant all along and it just came out in that moment of stress :)

Really well written, fascinating and intriguing plot beyond the gender switch hook and I became genuinely invested in Chase/Jessica and Brians relationship. That Brians love predated the gender switch and was really independent of bodies altogether was refreshingly pure.

You write damn hot sex scenes as well :)

Looking fwd to more.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

First off, great story, not sure I enjoyed the twist at the end though, but I’ll read on and see where it goes.

P.S. Please, no more politics in the comments, it’s boring and this is not the place for it. Try the gutter.

DickMarksDickMarksalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Agreed. No politics in the comments. This is a work of fiction and not a polemic disguised as erotic superhero fiction. :)

CharletteCharlettealmost 2 years ago

Well Hell !

That was a rather sneaky way to get out of a lot of explaining.

Of course that does leave yet another pathway for several more stories

OH !

Suddenly I see there is a chapter 5.

I had wanted to ask if there was a story about where the variants came from.

And the man eating plants. And why the humans in the Zone turned to salt ?

Curious perverted, sex crazed minds want to know !

caveman21936caveman21936over 1 year ago

IlliterateScholar had a good piece of constructive criticism. If your intention is to write fiction and not political commentary, you could make up fictional names for the two dominant political parties in the story, rather than calling them Republicans and Democrats. (Maybe the Purity Party and the Equality Party?) Then your readers could focus on your story and not on real-life politics.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Twist at the end was good. 5 Stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDickMarks@DickMarks
I write erotic fiction about people with super powers. Because let's face it: if you had powers, the last thing you'd do would be to put on a costume and fight bank robbers. Banks are insured! No, you'd use your powers to have better sex. Comments and messages are THE BES...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Switched Ch. 03 Previous Part
Switched Series Info