All Comments on 'Sylvia's Mom Pt. 13'

by OG4U

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MAJOR04MAJOR04over 6 years ago
Too much , To far

I don’t understand why you have a need to have your main character become a

teenager with a need to be cruel and abusive?? I understand anger but you develop your men/ teen lovers as intelligent and compassionate but strong and then you reverse

The emotional dynamics to show them as bullying someone who loves them!!! Michael is suppose to be the DOMINANT in this dynamic group but now you have made Shelia the true DOM!! I expect him to be taking it up his ass and become what her ex husband was.... As with all writers I suspect you may have a need to destroy the person you built up as actually being a cruel bully with no conscience!!!!! Sorry you are allowing this to happen in this story like you did in Aunt Madge. It is a real downer for the story!! Sorry but I really like your stories and have read them all and this seems to be a trend it really takes away from all your good work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MAJOR04 clearly doesn't understand that dominance is neither bullying nor cruelty. A submissive has an emotional need to be controlled (to what extent depends on the individual) and a dominant fulfills that need. The traits MAJOR04 cites as being positive -- strength, intelligence, and compassion -- are all necessary for a dominant. Having those traits, to which I would add perceptiveness, is what differentiates a dominant from an abuser. Some actions may be similar, but an abuser acts out of a selfish desire to make their victim less, while a dominant acts out of love and respect, helping their submissive become more fulfilled. An abuser's actions lower a victim's self-esteem; a dominant's actions raise a submissive's self-esteem.

The criticism that Sheila is truly the dominant partner in the relationship, however, is well-founded. Michael isn't like her ex-husband -- and Sheila won't try to make him so because that doesn't meet her needs -- but he is just following Sheila's lead when he should be taking charge. I suspect that doing so would also fix the growing distance between him and Sylvia, which is probably Sheila's doing, despite her stated intention of not driving them apart.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous