Synchronicity for Six Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Twenty-five minutes later, he returned and parked. Having learned by Tom's example, he made sure the meter was fed for an hour. As he entered the jewelry store, the electronic doorbell sounded and the pretty girl behind the counter looked up at him. She seemed a bit puzzled by the drink carrier and paper bag in his hand. Jack Johnson poked his head out from the back room and smiled broadly upon seeing David.

"Margaret, I believe this customer would appreciate your attention," Jack called out. He stepped aside to permit Maggie to come to the front.

"Davey!" she nearly shouted.

"I thought you lovely people would appreciate a little pick-me-up," he stated. He set the bag and carrier on the counter. "I believe you take your coffee black, right Mr. Johnson? I wasn't sure about Miss ... Alice," he said, reading her nametag. "So, I got extra creamers and sugar."

The bag of blueberry muffins and the drink carrier of coffees was taken to the back room. Both ladies thanked David for his thoughtfulness. Jack pulled out his wallet and handed $40 to David. He tried to reject it, but Jack insisted David take the money. Recognizing his poorly defensible position, he accepted the cash with a handshake. Maggie gave him another sweet kiss of thanks and whispered in his ear, causing him to blush. He beat a strategic retreat and headed for home.

Sipping her coffee, Alice looked at Maggie with fresh eyes. Yes, David was in love with Maggie, and she reciprocated. The love she exuded for him permeated the atmosphere around her. She would be an excellent replacement for Alice. He was so sweet to return with the coffee and the treat. All she needed to do was train her fiancé to be as considerate. She wondered for a moment if Tom was equally considerate. She shook her head, trying to eliminate these last-minute 'what ifs' from her thoughts. She needed to do one last run-through with Maggie to be comfortable with leaving at the end of the workday.

= = =

Alan woke shortly before 9:00. He lay still and took in what his senses were communicating. Rose was on her stomach, facing away but her hair was against his face. It smelled good. Or was that the odor of brewed coffee? Either way, it was pleasing to him. Her right leg entwined with his although her arms were under her pillow. She wasn't snoring but she did give cute little wheezes as she exhaled. He looked at the clock and was surprised it was so late. Last night had been a little draining for him.

Deciding to get on with the day, he eased from the bed and quietly stepped into his bathroom. With the pressure eased, he pulled on some lounge pants and silently stepped down to the kitchen. At the bottom of the stairs, he poked his head into the living room. He murmured, "I will always love you, Laura. Thank you for our sons and our girlfriends." He hurried to the kitchen and found what someone had left: two mugs with coffee creamer, two mugs plain, and a sticky note on the refrigerator.

Filling one of each type of readied mug, he toasted four pieces of bread, buttered them, and took the coffee and toast to his room. Pushing the bedroom door open with his butt, he saw his bed was empty. He heard the water running in the shower in their bathroom and Rose's singing, which he took as a good sign.

Alan set the tray on the bed and sat gently, awaiting his betrothed to exit the bathroom. Sipping his coffee, the sight of his naked fiancée approaching caused him to slurp too much and scald his tongue. Her breasts swayed from side to side. Her nipples were reddened and erect as though she had been tweaking on them. Which she had been when she heard him assembling their breakfast. Her hips shimmied as she stalked her willing prey. Perhaps he could distract her momentarily with the offer of coffee with creamer. She accepted the mug, sipped at its contents, and set it aside. She would not be deterred from her pursuit of her man. Alan just smiled.

= = =

Tom woke to the heavenly sensation of his girlfriend astride him, taking his morning wood inside herself. Julie tried to go slowly, actually doing so for two whole strokes. Her wanton desires overcame her good intentions, and she began to treat him as her personal Tom Trampoline. He flexed his Kegel muscles, causing his cock to twitch, rubbing Julie in exactly the right places, and she came on him.

'Now THAT'S what I call a wake-up call,' he thought.

= = =

The empty coffee creamer bottles were symptomatic of the need for a grocery store visit. It was Rose's insistence that a menu be planned for the coming week BEFORE anybody went grocery shopping. She dragooned Tom and Julie into helping her take inventory of the pantry and refrigerator / freezer. Everything was hauled out, inspected for expiration dates, inventoried, and returned to storage. This took an hour and a half to complete. Rose was amazed at what the pantry contained. Laura must have gotten them stocked up, and Alan must have been living on a lot of carry-out meals. Well, THAT was going to come to a screeching halt.

In the meanwhile, Alan had pulled David into the media room. Alan wanted to discuss David's evolving plans for the spring and next fall.

"Dad, I need to apply to transfer my credits to State [University]. I'm going to focus on more general education classes this spring. As I noted before, I know my art won't be a viable career path for me, but I don't know what else I would like to do with my life. Aside from caring for, loving, and protecting Maggie, that is."

"Which is why it is recommended that freshmen not declare a major too early. If it takes you five years to complete your bachelor's degree, that is fine, son. Actually, that might be to your advantage, given Maggie's decision to study there.

"I think you would do well to explore some psychology or sociology courses. Given your personality index and your astute study of others, I believe you might do very well. Your B.S. mastery is what prompts this from me. I've never seen your equal at bluffing and reading other people. And I played A LOT of poker during college."

"Thank you for that, Dad. It's quite like the word 'plethora'. It means a lot to me."

"My son, the smartass. Let's go see what the others are up to."

With the foodstuffs inventoried, a menu for the week was eventually agreed upon. This led to a shopping list being written as well as a list of items needed from the Lawsons' apartment in Centreville. Then stomachs began to rumble and getting lunch became the priority.

David remembered to retrieve Maggie from her work. On their way home, she related how that day was Alice's last day at the jewelers. Come Tuesday morning, she would be the lone salesperson, with Mr. Johnson hovering in the wings.

"Do you think you're up to the challenge, Magpie?"

"I was nervous for the first two days, but now I think I'm ready for this."

"I like to see you being all confident and assured. I find that look quite sexy on you."

"You find most things sexy OFF me, if I'm not mistaken."

"Well, yeah. I'm a guy. Duh."

Rose had prepared a roast with potatoes, roasted carrots, green beans, and gravy for supper. Eyes widened on each of the Harrisons at the sight on the dining table. It had been so long since Laura had been there to prepare a meal of that caliber. The guys gorged themselves, while the women gently shook their heads in wry amazement.

"Has it been THAT long since you ate well, Alan?" Rose inquired.

"It sure seems like it, Rose. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!"

Julie piped up with, "I believe we need to get you guys moving to help digest all that. Mags, would you please do the honors? Tom and David, you DO know what you need to do next, don't you?"

With slight groans, the men got up from their chairs. After carrying everything into the kitchen, including the very few leftovers, Tom and David headed to the living room to reconfigure the space once again. Maggie got out the remaining clean serving bowl and queued up her Spotify playlist. Alan, Julie, and Rose put away the food, rinsed the dishes, and got the dishwasher running.

Tom and David had the whole furniture reconfiguration down to an art form. After shoving the sofa to the wall, David looked at Tom and asked, "Do you think we should suggest just keeping the layout this way until we are about to head back to school?"

Tom chuckled and responded, "We can raise the question, David."

Alan, Rose, and Julie made their way to the living room. Tom had lit the candles around the room giving a pleasant romantic atmosphere. Maggie started up Spotify, and the women sought out their man for snuggling and dancing. This was truly becoming their Saturday evening tradition.

Sunday, December 27

Heading to church the next morning, Alan and Rose were in her car while the other four were riding in Tom's Jeep.

"Can we talk a little more about Christmas Eve?" Rose inquired

"Sure. What about it?"

"Did you hear the church bell tolling midnight? Where is that bell?"

"I don't know. Perhaps Mr. Capra had the right idea."

"Come again?"

"You know, at the end of 'It's a Wonderful Life'. When a bell rings, an angel gets their wings. Like Clarence did."

Rose was silent as she digested Alan's words.

"Rose, I believe there is a lot of interaction with humanity on the part of God's agents. Sometimes we are those agents, acting in someone's life. But I won't deny the possibility of angels. Laura was my angel for over twenty years. I'm coming to accept that God needed her more, to be a true angel for many others, not just me. I'll happily try to be your angel for the rest of our lives together. I may well need you to be my angel as well."

Rose's eyes misted briefly at Alan's words. Regaining control, she pulled into a parking spot at the church and turned off the car. Then the waterworks began again, this time in earnest. He quickly pulled out his handkerchief, trying to prevent a total makeup blow-out. A hand rapped on her driver's side window.

"Mom, are you okay?" Julie's muffled voice could be heard.

Rose was dabbing at her eyes, trying not to smear her mascara. She nodded in affirmation and sobbed out, "Yes, Julia. I just need a minute or two."

Alan stepped out of the car and said, "Why don't you four head on in and get a donut and coffee? If anyone asks, we'll be along presently." Then he got back into the car with Rose.

"God, I'm a mess," Rose declared after looking at her face in the rearview mirror. "What's the quickest way to the Ladies' room from here?" she asked. Alan just smiled affectionately and replied with, "Come, love. I know a way."

They exited the car and walked quickly, hand in hand, to a lesser-used entrance. She ducked quickly into the family restroom and opted to remove all of her makeup and then reapply the lipstick.

"So, Margaret, where are Rose and Alan this morning?" Maeve inquired.

The four younger members had quietly entered the Fellowship Hall and were making their way to the coffee station. Mrs. Johnson's words caught Maggie by surprise, and she gave a small, "Eep!" Signaling David to continue on, she turned and faced Maeve. Susan Larsen and Mary Henderson were hovering behind Maeve's shoulders, also awaiting Maggie's answer.

"She was still in the car having a moment with Alan the last I saw of her, about five minutes ago. Judging by what I saw, she will need the use of a mirror to repair her makeup. We were asked to come in and get a donut with our coffee. Alan did say they would be along presently."

"That's reassuring to hear, dear." Turning to the other ladies, Maeve wondered if an alternative restroom was being used, and Susan smiled, having a good idea where to find Rose. She and Mary departed, and Maeve turned back to Maggie.

"So, Maggie, how was your holiday? That was a simply wonderful Christmas Eve you all shared with Jack and me."

Mary and Susan encountered Rose and Alan between the restroom and the Fellowship Hall. Susan's heart thumped in her chest as she saw them coming down the hallway, holding each other's hand. Gil seldom held her hand anymore. Covering her envy with a smile, she greeted the pair. The four of them returned to get some coffee with the larger group.

Pastor John and his wife, Ruth, welcomed the entourage into the worship space when it was time. Both were exceptionally pleased to see the three Lawson ladies accompanying their Harrison beaus. During the announcements, Pastor John made a reference to the Christmas Eve worship and the unidentified church bell that rang out at midnight. Rose looked at Alan and arched an eyebrow, but he kept his gaze on Pastor John. She would raise the discussion with him later.

Once again, the six were surrounded with love after the worship service. Maeve, Susan, and Mary wanted to have lunch with Rose again, but she begged off. Rose said she needed to speak with Alan urgently and at length, and the ladies nodded knowingly. But next Sunday could be good for an after-worship lunch. Maeve agreed to host the luncheon and the ladies parted with hugs and air kisses.

Meeting at the vehicles, it was decided to have lunch at home that day. "We should have a family discussion," Rose announced, and Alan looked away, chagrinned.

"Uh oh," came tumbling out of both Julie and Maggie. The drive home was ominously silent in both vehicles.

"Let's all get comfortably dressed and convene in the living room," requested Alan. He had a very good idea about the particular bee in Rose's bonnet. He would address the concern headlong. Everyone came down in t-shirts and either jeans or sweatpants and quickly arrayed themselves on the sofa or in the recliner. Alan chose to sit on the hearth beneath Laura's portrait. He began the family discussion.

"You all heard Pastor John mention the church bell tolling on Christmas Eve, right?" Heads nodded all around. "Why do you think that happened, Jules?"

"It was midnight on Christmas Day?" She sounded hesitant, guessing.

"Magpie, what do you think?"

"The same thing, I suppose."

"David?"

David began to tear up, swallowing hard. "I ... I'd ... I'd rather not say, Dad. I'm not ... not entirely sure what I think."

"But you suspect something, don't you?" Alan was attempting to lead his witness. "Alright, Tom. What do you think?"

"You know it was Mom, don't you, Dad?" Tom was almost sobbing.

Alan choked back his tears and nodded, saying, "I don't know for certain, my family," and he included everyone present in that phrase. "I know of no other church bell which we could have heard that night, barring some incredibly freakish atmospheric event." He paused to try to collect himself. Rose was quickly at his side, wrapping him in a comforting embrace. He pressed on after a minute.

"I believe I saw her, above the chancel, rising on newly sprung wings. I believe I heard her say that she loved us all so dearly. That her work here was now completed, and she had another path to follow." With that, Alan lost all the control he had been holding onto so tightly.

It quickly became a family dogpile with everybody trying to comfort somebody else. Alan's words, "my family" finally registered with the girls. Soon, everyone was crying. Rose finally stood and took charge of the situation. She ordered Tom and Julie to go have some 'couple time' up in the front bedroom. David and Maggie soon followed them up the stairs to their room. With the living room now empty save for themselves, she took Alan's face in her hands.

"You knew what I wanted you to say, didn't you? Of course, you did. You and I connect on so many levels, Alan. We are now all one family. We look out for each other. Come, love. Come with me now." She led him to the kitchen, of all places. "Let's make lunch for our children."

They made turkey and ham sandwiches with a handful of chips and a can of soda for each of the four. Tom and Julie looked rather disheveled when lunch was delivered by their parents. After closing the door and leaving Tom and Julie to their meal, Alan and Rose looked at each other and laughed quietly. She offered him a wager that David and Maggie would likewise appear interrupted, but he would not take her up on that. Good thing, too.

The adults returned to the kitchen to prepare their own lunches. Sitting at the kitchen table, Rose stated, "You actually believe she was transitioned?"

"Given all the input, yes, I believe and hope that is what happened." Alan then reviewed all of the dream-state encounters he had with Laura since just before Thanksgiving, plus David's and Tom's sharing. "The fact that she would not allow Tom to hold her during his encounter in the hospital makes it more real, at least to me." Rose just looked at him, quizzically. They adjourned to the media room for some cuddle time after cleaning up the kitchen. The remainder of the day was very subdued for the entire household.

Monday, December 28

David received a call at 9:00 AM asking if he could work every day through Thursday. The other senior lifeguard took advantage of a qualified substitute and had some out-of-town activities, and David could use the money. He confirmed that he would not have to work Friday, Saturday, or Sunday though. Maggie grumbled about the phone call "so early". David laughed at her plight.

"How ever did you make it through high school, Magpie? You had better be very careful and intentional about when your classes are scheduled once we get to State in August. Which reminds me that I need to get on the stick and start the process to transfer my credits and grades." He left the room for about ten minutes and returned with a mug of coffee for her and a thorough, loving kiss for her mouth.

"God, Davey, I love how you wake me up. It gets the day off to a fantastic start."

The rest of the household was up and downstairs as David left to go to the pool.

"What's the agenda for today for anybody?" Alan inquired. "Nobody has to work, except David. We really can't do much about the apartment in Centreville until this weekend because the lease on Tom and Julie's apartment does not begin until Friday. As thrilling as it isn't, I think the best thing to do is for the five of us to sit down and decide what is going to happen to all the stuff in the apartment. Much of it needs to go for Tom and Julie's new place, which is a blessing. But not everything can go."

"Yeah, it's a pretty small space," Julie chimed in.

It took the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon in discussions, but a plan was devised. Rose's queen and Julie's full-size beds would go to the apartment and Maggie's full-size bed would be stored in the basement of the house. The sofa and one recliner could go to the new apartment, but the second recliner would also have to take up residence in Middleburg. Appropriate linens would accompany the bedding, and most of the kitchen would also go with Julie and Tom. Logistically, Alan or Rose would have to rent and drive the U-Haul truck, as Tom and Julie were not yet old enough to legally drive the rental. The 25-year-old minimum age was rather limiting for them at this time.

David returned from his lifeguard shift and an uneventful day at the pool. He would be working the next three days, then no further need for his substitution services was anticipated. Things appeared to be lining up for a weekend move.

Sunday, January 10

It was just Alan, Rose, Maggie, and David attending worship in Middleburg that Sunday. Julie and Tom were ensconced in their apartment in Bruce Parker's basement near the university. In keeping with the custom, the ladies needed to visit the restroom upon arrival at church. Alan and David pressed onward to the Fellowship hall to secure the needed java fixes. The gentlemen were greeted by a cadre of likewise unaccompanied men who were standing about with coffee and donuts at the ready. The questions greeting Alan and David were similar to those being asked of the ladies.